[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
So, no dev can build properly rom for t805? Why trying then? Buy new one, or use 6.0.1 with root and enjoy without bugs...
Can't fully agree with the "replace it" comment, as it essentially means (dumpster/incinerate/shred) it, but us xda have the simple objective of giving a device a new life, and reduce e-waste (and soil pollution and well, I could go on).
We could have requested a developer to pick up this device, by donating a spare Galaxy Tab S (that would be originally teared to atomic size lethal smithereens). I don't qualify for saying this here (well, I don't have a Tab S) though (and it's your choice, I can't decide the fate of your property, you could have washed it in hydrofluoric acid and bury it in your garden) .

RamHa

Can't fully agree with the "replace it" comment, as it essentially means (dumpster/incinerate/shred) it, but us xda have the simple objective of giving a device a new life, and reduce e-waste (and soil pollution and well, I could go on).
We could have requested a developer to pick up this device, by donating a spare Galaxy Tab S (that would be originally teared to atomic size lethal smithereens). I don't qualify for saying this here (well, I don't have a Tab S) though (and it's your choice, I can't decide the fate of your property, you could have washed it in hydrofluoric acid and bury it in your garden) .
Ooo i did. U r so psychic, don't you 😉

KateRobertson

Jul 8, 2022
Explain the problem to me, so I don't have to go trawling back thru this thread.
Mobile data - right?
Please capture a logcat directly after triggering errors/ or when bug occurs.
I can't change the mobile network operators(When I try to change mobile networks,it searches but finds nothing to register on)
Internet doesn't work.
Root doesn't work well.
After I want to turn on the tablet password or fingerprint doesn't respond immediately,it seems the tablet is frozen (but after 40 to 60 seconds works and a loading message appears and says "tablet is starting")

Explain the problem to me, so I don't have to go trawling back thru this thread.
Mobile data - right?

KateRobertson

Jul 8, 2022
I can't change the mobile network operators(When I try to change mobile networks,it searches but finds nothing to register on)
Internet doesn't work.
Root doesn't work well.
After I want to turn on the tablet password or fingerprint doesn't respond immediately,it seems the tablet is frozen (but after 40 to 60 seconds works and a loading message appears and says "tablet is starting")

KateRobertson

Jul 8, 2022
Mobile data - right?
I looked into the zip files of both lineage os 14.1 and 17.1 and realized that in lineage 14.1 there is a folder named "system" including a buildprop file but in lineage 17.1 there isn't such a folder or file.

Reactions: RamHa

XantheFIN

Oct 2, 2013
Well, I wouldn't call Galaxy Tab S a 'modern device'. Hence on this old device the old method still works flawlessly.

Cheers
Toscha
The problem is you are looking only at device, i am looking at Magisk which keeps developing forward and updating so need follow latest guide as they gonna remove that old way in future.

toscha42

Nov 13, 2011
Jerez de la Frontera
The problem is you are looking only at device, i am looking at Magisk which keeps developing forward and updating so need follow latest guide as they gonna remove that old way in future.
Actually, who cares? Once you've rooted your 8 years old Galaxy Tab S with either SuperSU or later with Magisk it's rooted. No need to care for any newer versions of Magisk.

And the 'old' way of rooting via Magisk still works until Android 11. It doesn't work for Android 12 and probably also not for future versions. But for these a different way of rooting works fine. IoW, if you'd like to discuss about Magisk this thread for an outdated device is definitely the wrong place.

Cheers
Toscha

XantheFIN

Oct 2, 2013
Actually, who cares? Once you've rooted your 8 years old Galaxy Tab S with either SuperSU or later with Magisk it's rooted. No need to care for any newer versions of Magisk.

And the 'old' way of rooting via Magisk still works until Android 11. It doesn't work for Android 12 and probably also not for future versions. But for these a different way of rooting works fine. IoW, if you'd like to discuss about Magisk this thread for an outdated device is definitely the wrong place.

Cheers
Toscha
You don't clearly understand or value any info out there.
Soon you need be here guiding people linking to download some old sh#t specific version of SuperSU or Magisk which doesn't anymore work with Banking apps or such is outdated with modules not be compatible or working too.. then YOU need be here even more guiding people because info of those installation/usage steps are already removed from official install guide and install file is different.

I came here for show how install Magisk in 2022 on to this device. What a hell you do?

"Thats complicated just use old way (download random old sh#t version or go back to SuperSU)"
WOOOWW tries guide new people to go use already deprecated way which is not SUPPORTED anymore and will NOT WORK soon anymore (no matter of device!) and now just saying "Who cares?"... WHAAAT?

Cheers yeah lazy difficult selective one. You are not helpful towards new people here coming and looking a up info and TURNING DOWN UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION WHICH WORKS IN FUTURE! From random contributors!

This is sharing a information here. No need be such clown towards it when CLEARLY you DONT YOURSELF HAVE ANY UNDERSTANDING ABOUT WHY ITS IMPORTANT BE OUT THERE OR WHAT IT BRINGS.

If you want stick to old 8 year sh#t devices or whatever you want say about details which were nothing to do about the thing.. here is link to Firefox 1.0 no need thank me.

Last edited:

pucci2

Jan 15, 2018
Installed on SM-T805 LTE and I would say almost perfect fluid and reactive, the only big drawback is that there is no way to make the data of the mobile network work. It practically does not detect the sim, are there any possibilities to fix? Thank you

KateRobertson

Jul 8, 2022
Installed on SM-T805 LTE and I would say almost perfect fluid and reactive, the only big drawback is that there is no way to make the data of the mobile network work. It practically does not detect the sim, are there any possibilities to fix? Thank you
I'm on android MM now,but I've found a tutorial that the guy uses an app named "LTE Discovery" but you need to root your device first,after installing the app open it then go to "Signals" tab and check the "Root" checkbox,then under the tab "Discover" select "Reset Data Connection" then select START and wait.
Some apps that may help are:
*Force LTE Only
*Force 4G Only
Please check them out and if they work tell me.😊

Last edited:

pucci2

Jan 15, 2018
I'm on android MM now,but I've found a tutorial that the guy uses an app named "LTE Discovery" but you need to root your device first,after installing the app open it then go to "Signals" tab and check the "Root" checkbox,then under the tab "Discover" select "Reset Data Connection" then select START and wait.
Some apps that may help are:
*Force LTE Only
*Force 4G Only
Please check them out and if they work tell me.😊
I remember in other versions of lineage I could activate and deactivate the root, with this rom how do I do it?

Top Liked Posts