[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread

pacc

Jul 16, 2008
Anyone with a modified kernel/ boot.img that works with latest build for sm-t700 (lineage-17.1-20220619)?

Saw earlier in the thread a few people saying this makes the device much smoother but those boot.img don't seem to work with the latest build.
This rom is unstable on T700, I suspect from the broken mic drivers, or it may be from something else.

jays note 2

Mar 10, 2015
Silverdale, Auckland, New Zealand
That's a good question,....and alot of Users here will all have their own opinions.
The question you have too ask yourself is.... what do I want too archive, the original Tab s 8.4 is getting on in age and unfortunately there aren't many Customs Roms available because of it.

I'm guessing the Tab S is running Stock 5.1.1 lollipop (Yack) lolz! I know that feeling.... Honestly I can't think of any Roms that aren't closed or not being Updated apart from these 2 .....The latest Lineage here and CR Droid
Both have there Pros & Cons and you'll need to read thru both OPs to get a better understanding of what too expect.

I run both Lineage and CR Droid on both my T705y tablets, and even though they run as they should there are bugs that...well are too be expected with a OS that's not really designed to run on older hardware.

My only suggestion is too look through the Tab S development page, Stay away from the older Roms as their links are probably dead. There maybe a couple AOSP Roms that will give you that Google pixel feeling but apart from that our options are slim to none.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you, Good luck!!! Remember if you need help....Your fellow XDA users no doubt will help you out.

• Love
Reactions: marubber

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
Sony Xperia M
Hello friends,

I tried to update my old Samsung Galaxy Tab S devices with the latest Android 10 (Lineage 17.1). I would like to make the build available for you guys as well.

Special thanks to the teams at Exynos5420 and LineageOS for the sources.

Devices:
  1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi (klimtwifi) SM-T700
  2. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE (klimtlte) SM-T705
  3. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE (chagalllte) SM-T805
  4. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFI (chagallwifi) SM-800
  5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Edition 2014 (n1awifi) SM-P600

I will create new builds from time to time.

Installation:
1. Flash latest official Samsung Firmware with ODIN
2. Flash latest TWRP Recovery https://twrp.me/Devices/Samsung/
3. Wipe Data
4. Install ROM.ZIP with TWRP https://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/misc/
5. Install latest GApps with TWRP (ARM/Android10) https://opengapps.org/
6. Reboot and Enjoy
7. Optional: Install Magisk

Download the file:
https://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/misc/

Sources:
https://github.com/LineageOS (LineageOS 17.1)
https://github.com/exynos5420/ (Kernel, Device, Vendor)

Greetings Frank
Frank your tha Boss , thanks for all your amazing roms !

suricate1234

Dec 28, 2017
Tested today lineage-17.1-20220619-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi. It is an improvement w.r.t. the older versions, where video in browsers (Brave and Firefox) had scaling faults. Unfortunately, SELinux is still "permissive", and still no encryption. Without SELinux Android is just a toy, where any application can spy on the data belonging to any other application.

So, I am back to the good old lineage-14.1-20220107-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi again.

BTW, I made T-800 run significantly faster by sticking multiple layers of aluminium adhesive tape to the processor heatsink, thus spreading the heat all over the batteries and frame - nice!
Hello, does anyone know if the SELinux permissive issue is being looked at? Are there any source files such that someone could pick this up and fix the ROM on that front?

hossputer7

Jul 22, 2022
i have problem with new rom for t805
after install its good but it hase just 4 core . this cpu can run in 8 core i think
and bad problem in Browser . when i see video online in 720p hase zoom in my scran in 1080 meybe. i chek the resulation with program its ok its 2560 x 1600
can any body hellp me to fix this problem ? (zoom dispay when see video in 720 or other resulation in any browser )
now i back in android 5 loloooipop android 5 its good now ):
android 5 in 2022? sht

Last edited:

pawelluk

Sep 18, 2016
Hello,

I have a SM-T800, with latest 3.6.2_9 TWRP and Lineageos 17.1 (20220619) but not rooted.

Could anyone suggest version of Magisk(zip) that would work through TWRP to root the device? What version of Magisk APK would you then recommend for it?

Thank you!

pucci2

Jan 15, 2018
Excellent rom apart from the non-existent data problem, too bad for such sporadic updates and you can not update them directly by downloading them from the android system

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
i have problem with new rom for t805
after install its good but it hase just 4 core . this cpu can run in 8 core i think
and bad problem in Browser . when i see video online in 720p hase zoom in my scran in 1080 meybe. i chek the resulation with program its ok its 2560 x 1600
can any body hellp me to fix this problem ? (zoom dispay when see video in 720 or other resulation in any browser )
now i back in android 5 loloooipop android 5 its good now ):
android 5 in 2022? sht
You have a snapdragon variant, only 4 cores.
BTW, Android 5 is kaput in terms of app support, you can only install apps of a version a few years ago.
Can you elaborate your display resolution problem? Is there any problem except the YouTubes being a little bit less sharp and vibrant?

hossputer7

Jul 22, 2022
You have a snapdragon variant, only 4 cores.
BTW, Android 5 is kaput in terms of app support, you can only install apps of a version a few years ago.
Can you elaborate your display resolution problem? Is there any problem except the YouTubes being a little bit less sharp and vibrant?
ok thx
it have zoom in 720p or other resulation in video online . when it zoom i cant see video in my screan in original dpi and my dpi its bad and zoom very badly in screan video . i see half screan besacse my screan hase big zoom .
but its not all video but it hase and very bad .
i can go in 1080 or in 480p and test it . it has not zoom . meybe ok meybe not.
in t805

Last edited:

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
Sony Xperia M
If I'm already on 14.1 do I need flash latest official Samsung Firmware or can I just wipe data with TWRP, flash rom and open gapps? (SM-T800)
Not at all , see if a updated TWRP was released for your model if not try to flash the rom on the TWRP you are using for 14.1 , please report back if it worked for you , remember installing GApps will slow down the device , to overcome that problem , install Aurorastore 4.11 and use that as main source for applications , good luck.

pucci2

Jan 15, 2018
Why do you say that gapps slows down the device? Is AURORASTORE secure for the account? Can Aurorastore also be installed on Huawei devices without playstores and install regularly purchased applications.

Concept48

Dec 26, 2021
Sony Xperia M
Why do you say that gapps slows down the device? Is AURORASTORE secure for the account? Can Aurorastore also be installed on Huawei devices without playstores and install regularly purchased applications.
Because that's the way it is , and BTW this is a custom rom project , so expecting stuff you get on a brandnew Tablet un rooted is not logical . and I never use personal accounts on any custom rom , that is also not wise , if you have purchased apps run them on your official device that is not custom but official , or else install gapps and deal with a always busy device.

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Yep aurora store works on Huawei, but I am not sure if it can install paid apps or not. It does not need to login account

Reactions: Concept48

keshayen

Jul 27, 2022
hi all, i have a SM-T805 and it keeps on failing to install the rom. Is there a rom for the SM-T805.

Top Liked Posts