[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread

Don't_Know

Jun 22, 2015
No i use this build for T800. And my Question means: Is it possible to deactivate 5GHz? So the Tab only uses 2,4GHz.
So it is directed to all who can help me.
Sorry for the misunderstood.

djase

No i use this build for T800. And my Question means: Is it possible to deactivate 5GHz? So the Tab only uses 2,4GHz.
So it is directed to all who can help me.
Sorry for the misunderstood.
Android no longer allows you to manually select 2.4 when both networks are on the same ssid. The only way is to go into your router settings and make the networks seperate. If you don't have access to this you can try and move away from the wifi source far enough that the 5ghz isn't strong enough. 2.4 ghz travels farther. This of course isn't ideal if you want to connect to something constantly.

Don't_Know

Jun 22, 2015
Android no longer allows you to manually select 2.4 when both networks are on the same ssid. The only way is to go into your router settings and make the networks seperate. If you don't have access to this you can try and move away from the wifi source far enough that the 5ghz isn't strong enough. 2.4 ghz travels farther. This of course isn't ideal if you want to connect to something constantly.
Ok. Thanks für answering so fast. Whats with the Problem that Wifi goes to sleep Mode? I use it for the visualisation of my SmartHome. After a while the Tab is no more reachable.

bemole

Sep 5, 2016
Currently using this ROM on my T705 as a kindle alternative use with tachiyomi support, it has been great so far. One thing I noticed with this ROM is that now USB storage doesn't open when I connect my Tab through USB to my Windows PC. Used to work perfectly on LineageOS 14. Another stranger bug is that this ROM has a problem with the Mesh WiFi network, especially with IEEE 802.11s and IEEE 802.11r. I have a fast roaming wifi setup with a mesh system and they use IEEE 802.11r, and this ROM fails to connect to such a WiFi network. If anyone knows how to fix it please do, it would really help.
Currently, I have created a separate WiFi access point with 802.11n, and it's working fine, but IEEE 802.11s and IEEE 802.11r connectivity would be great if that bug is fixed.

Oh, another thing, for those who are looking for Deathly Auditore, try hktweaks https://github.com/corsicanu/hKtweaks , I have been using this with this ROM and it has the same features as the deathly auditore. I use it to lower the clock speed and core usage, and put CPU governance to power save as I use this tablet for book reading. 1-2 hrs daily reading takes around 20-30% battery. In idle, the battery drain is around 3-4% per day. I have set the maximum CPU clock to 600 MHz and the minimum to 400 MHz, and have enabled only 2 cores.

Last edited:
Reactions: Me Seen

Alesupper

Dec 1, 2022
Hello friends,

I tried to update my old Samsung Galaxy Tab S devices with the latest Android 10 (Lineage 17.1). I would like to make the build available for you guys as well.

Special thanks to the teams at Exynos5420 and LineageOS for the sources.

Devices:
  1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 WiFi (klimtwifi) SM-T700
  2. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE (klimtlte) SM-T705
  3. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 LTE (chagalllte) SM-T805
  4. Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 WiFI (chagallwifi) SM-800
  5. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Edition 2014 (n1awifi) SM-P600

I will create new builds from time to time.

Installation:
1. Flash latest official Samsung Firmware with ODIN
2. Flash latest TWRP Recovery https://twrp.me/Devices/Samsung/
3. Wipe Data
4. Install ROM.ZIP with TWRP https://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/misc/
5. Install latest GApps with TWRP (ARM/Android10) https://opengapps.org/
6. Reboot and Enjoy
7. Optional: Install Magisk

Download the file:
https://luis-builds.de/downloads/lineageos/misc/

Sources:
https://github.com/LineageOS (LineageOS 17.1)
https://github.com/exynos5420/ (Kernel, Device, Vendor)

Greetings Frank

Hi

A few years ago I did somehow manage to root my SM-t700 and install Lineage 14.1. But I can't for the life of me suss out how to do again with 17.1. It must be my age haha.

Please could someone post some step-by-step instructions on how to install Lineage 17.1 and all the associated things like TWRP, ODIN, GApps on a SM-T700. Links to the correct files for TWRP, ODIN, GApps would be REALLY appreciated, because it is a bloody minefield!

Thanks in advance,
Alesupper

Last edited:

Samuel8766

Sep 25, 2022
Hi

A few years ago I did somehow manage to root my SM-t700 and install Lineage 14.1. But I can't for the life of me suss out how to do again with 17.1. It must be my age haha.

Please could someone post some step-by-step instructions on how to install Lineage 17.1 and all the associated things like TWRP, ODIN, GApps on a SM-T700. Links to the correct files for TWRP, ODIN, GApps would be REALLY appreciated, because it is a bloody minefield!

Thanks in advance,
Alesupper
Hi there!
***⚠️PLEASE READ CAREFULLY⚠️***
BEFORE EVERYTHING GO TO SETTINGS ON YOUR TABLET AND ENABLE DEVELOPER OPTION AND ENABLE "USB DEBUGGING"
***IT'S VERY IMPORTANT TO ENABLE "USB DEBUGGING "***
***PLEASE BROWSE DOWNLOAD THE FILES WITH YOUR PC***
***PLEASE BACKUP YOUR DATA***
1. DOWNLOAD PATCHED ODIN AND INSTALL IT ON YOUR PC
2. DOWNLOAD TWRP AND TRANSFER IT TO YOUR PC
3. RUN ODIN AS ADMINISTRATOR AND IN "AP" BROWSE FOR TWRP FILE YOU'VE DOWNLOADED ON YOUR PC.
NOTE: UNDER "OPTIONS" TAB DISABLE "AUTO REBOOT".
4. POWER OFF YOUR TABLET AND AFTER THAT YOR TABLET IS OFF
HOLD "VOLUME DOWN" + "HOME" + "POWER" BUTTONS SIMULTANEOUSLY UNTIL YOU SEE ANDROID ROBOT AND PRESS "VOLUME UP" KEY AND CONNECT YOUR TABLET TO YOUR PC.
5. IN ODIN YOU SHOULD SEE BLUE BUTTON ON THE TOP LEFT, AND "ADDED" TEXT.
IF SO, PRESS START AND WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE PASS AND GREEN LIGHT, THEN DISCONNECT YOUR TABLET.
6. AGAIN HOLD "VOL -" + "HOME" + "POWER" BUTTONS UNTIL YOUR TABLET RESTARTS.
7. AGAIN POWER OFF YOUR TABLET AND THIS TIME HOLD "VOL+" + "HOME" + "POWER" BUTTONS SIMULTANEOUSLY UNTIL YOU SEE THE TWRP RECOVERY SCREEN, CHECK THE BOX AND SWIPE TO CONFIRM.
9. SELECT WIPE AND THEN SELECT
"DALVIK" "SYSTEM" "DATA" AND "CACHE" AND SWIPE TO CONFIRM.
AFTER THAT SELECT "BACK" BUTTON.
***NOTE: DONT RESTART YOUR TABLET! ***
8. DOWNLOAD THE LINEAGE OS FILE ON YOUR PC
9. WILE YOUR TABLET IS IN TWRP RECOVERY MODE, CONNECT IT TO YOUR PC AND TRANSFER DOWNLOADED LINEAGE OS FILE TO YOUR TABLET.
10. AFTER FINISHING LINEAGE OS TRANSFERRING, SELECT "INSTALL" IN TWRP AND BROWSE FOR LINEAGE OS FILE AND SELECT IT, THEN SWIPE TO INSTALL.
11. WAIT UNTIL INSTALLATION IS FINISHED, SELECT "WIPE DALVIK AND CACHE" THEN SELECT "REBOOT".
12. WAIT UNTIL LINEAGE OS BOOT ANIMATION APPEARS, THE FOLLOW THE STEPS.
***AGAIN, PLEASE READ CAREFULLY***
GOOD LUCK!
👍

Alesupper

Dec 1, 2022
Hi there!
BEFORE EVERYTHING GO TO SETTINGS ON YOUR TABLET AND ENABLE DEVELOPER OPTION AND ENABLE "USB DEBUGGING"
3. RUN ODIN AS ADMINISTRATOR AND IN "AP" BROWSE FOR TWRP FILE YOU'VE DOWNLOADED ON YOUR PC.
HOLD "VOLUME DOWN" + "HOME" + "POWER" BUTTONS SIMULTANEOUSLY UNTIL YOU SEE ANDROID ROBOT AND PRESS "VOLUME UP" KEY AND CONNECT YOUR TABLET TO YOUR PC.
IF SO, PRESS START AND WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE PASS AND GREEN LIGHT, THEN DISCONNECT YOUR TABLET.
7. AGAIN POWER OFF YOUR TABLET AND THIS TIME HOLD "VOL+" + "HOME" + "POWER" BUTTONS SIMULTANEOUSLY UNTIL YOU SEE THE TWRP RECOVERY SCREEN, CHECK THE BOX AND SWIPE TO CONFIRM.
9. WILE YOUR TABLET IS IN TWRP RECOVERY MODE, CONNECT IT TO YOUR PC AND TRANSFER DOWNLOADED LINEAGE OS FILE TO YOUR TABLET.
10. AFTER FINISHING LINEAGE OS TRANSFERRING, SELECT "INSTALL" IN TWRP AND BROWSE FOR LINEAGE OS FILE AND SELECT IT, THEN SWIPE TO INSTALL.
11. WAIT UNTIL INSTALLATION IS FINISHED, SELECT "WIPE DALVIK AND CACHE" THEN SELECT "REBOOT".
GOOD LUCK!
👍
Thanks very much pal. I will give that a go asap 👍

Alesupper

Dec 1, 2022
@Samual8766 it is stuck on the ODIN application. ODIN not responding. I am selecting the twrp-3.7.0_9-0-klimtwifi.img.md5 in AP is that right? See attached image.

Attachments

• ODIN Stuck.jpg
    ODIN Stuck.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 75

Samuel8766

Sep 25, 2022
Here I downloaded the right file for you, just flash it.

Attachments

• twrp-3.7.0_9-0-klimtwifi.img
    7.5 MB · Views: 11
  • twrp-3.7.0_9-0-klimtwifi.img.tar
    7.5 MB · Views: 32

Alesupper

Dec 1, 2022
Lineage OS installed thank you.

GAPPS - which version do I install for a SM-T700? I have tried ARM 10 Stock but when I try to install it using TWRP it fails with the following......

PXL_20221208_195444130.jpg

Last edited:

l3ean5

Jul 20, 2012
Hi there!
GOOD LUCK!
👍
I must be dumb or something because I can't get past step 7. when I hold vol+, home and power, it doesn't send me to twrp. Atleast I don't think so. It looks like an old recovery screen (black background and bright colored text). I don't see any of the options described after that. What am I doing wrong? (auto reboot is not ticked).

NVM, I think I got past it. After doing the odin stuff, I pressed vol-, home and power to restart, but once the screen went blank, instead of letting it boot normally I pressed vol+, home and power and was able to get into twrp.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts