• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread

knosso

Oct 5, 2017
Okay so I played around with stuff a bit, the tablet is running smoother and snappier now. And much much cooler. Hope this helps everyone.

I am using smartpack kernel manager
Here are the settings I am using
1. CPU max frequency 1700 (1800 makes it run too hot, might go down to 1600 if 1700 still runs hot). Min 100hz (apply on boot)
2. Governor at interactive
3. Target loads at 75 600000:75 800000:85 1500000:90 1700000:95
4. Multi-core power saving enabled
5. CPU boost enabled
6. Kernal samepage off and disabled on boot
7. Low memory killer off and disabled on boot (Low memory killer has to be disabled on every device reboot from the app)
8. Z-ram 4096 and lz4 compression. Might try lzo later. (apply on boot)
9. Virtual memory turntable on
10. Entroy enabled on boot and read 256 and write 512
11. Battery enabled on boot and charging option on
12. IO scheduled disabled on boot

if anyone improves on these settings please update on this thread. We would all appreciate it.

Hello there. With deathly it is possible to undervolt as well. I with -45mV and a piece of scrap metal in top of the soc with thermal paste I can run at 1800MHz on LOS 14. I'm still reading through the various pages of the thread to see if deadly is available for this rom before installing. Also kudos for enabling the fingerprint because it has always been disabled in custom roms.

knosso

Oct 5, 2017
ah crap seem my baseband is not latest, i will flash latest stock and try this custom rom again
update : now A15 is already enabled and can be switchable with A7
View attachment 5337503
I was wondering wether it was possible to enable all 8 cores at the same time for this device. It is possible on other devices with the same SOC but discouraged on Tab S (both 8.4 and 10.5) due to poor cooling. Now I am planning to hard mod the battery to have double or triple capacity, at that point since i need to cut open the back anyway I might just as well improve the cooling system and push the SOC to the limit.

pzduz

Jun 18, 2021
I'm using klimtlte lineage 14.1 just upgrade to this ROM using twrp twrp-3.5.2_9-0 it seem the Bluetooth is not working i install both lineages and crdroid but still facing same problem does anyone else having this problem or I'm installing it wrong

I was wondering wether it was possible to enable all 8 cores at the same time for this device. It is possible on other devices with the same SOC but discouraged on Tab S (both 8.4 and 10.5) due to poor cooling. Now I am planning to hard mod the battery to have double or triple capacity, at that point since i need to cut open the back anyway I might just as well improve the cooling system and push the SOC to the limit.
after i searching a lot, our cpu 5420 is b.L which is big.LITTLE 4 cores 2 clusters so me or our dev can't enable that for 8 cores in the same time but it can switch the cpu task for heavy jobs between big and LITTLE

Great work been away. Will give it a full try tonight. So far causes the tablet to slow down significantly also the display flickers.
I will try to patch RAM, LMK and ZRAM, anyway please try this first update for klimtlte temporaly with GPU and CPU patched

Attachments

• boot.img
    5.5 MB · Views: 71

xthakila

Dec 4, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
I will try to patch RAM, LMK and ZRAM, anyway please try this first update for klimtlte temporaly with GPU and CPU patched
This one is much better tablet is much snappier.

What are the GPU and CPU limits that you have patched in? I think maybe you undervolted the CPU too much in the last patch.
Also the patch killed root. Will have to re-root it. But that's not a big deal.

Last edited:
This one is much better tablet is much snappier.

What are the GPU and CPU limits that you have patched in? I think maybe you undervolted the CPU too much in the last patch.
Also the patch killed root. Will have to re-root it. But that's not a big deal.
I adjust min max value and change some parameter of GPU make more smooth, from LOS 14.1 I can undervoltage upto -37.5 mV so I'm adapted to 17.1 too, that's make my tab S good in CPU temp, for about root you can patch it with magisk before flash by TWRP

Reactions: sorinu

xthakila

Dec 4, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
I adjust min max value and change some parameter of GPU make more smooth, from LOS 14.1 I can undervoltage upto -37.5 mV so I'm adapted to 17.1 too, that's make my tab S good in CPU temp, for about root you can patch it with magisk before flash by TWRP
So far the boot patch seems to be running smoothly. Battery drain seems to be okay.

Magisk cannot be applied because flashing the boot image over magisk makes it un-rooted

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts