[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread

ArminT805

Jun 19, 2022
Can you give a list of bugs in lineageos 17.1? just 3g data and overclocking and thats it? then it is mostly good for the wifi versions(t700 and t800).
-No mobile data
-Kernel adiutor doesn't work (I can change cpu and ... settings but after I exit the app and enter it again the settings are gone.)
-After I power off the tablet or restart it,the fingerprint, password or pin takes a little while to work.
-I can't change network operator
These are the bugs I've noticed.
I think if someone could fix these bugs the tablet would go on several years.

Last edited:

ventzaq

Oct 29, 2009
8224Freak Thanks for this.

My T700 is running 20220505.010526 and it has breathed new life into the tablet for the ( few ) applications I run. These mainly being Kindle, Prime video , gmail , youtube and Chrome .

Only issue I have come across is as Armin above says, after I power off the tablet or restart it,the fingerprint, password or pin takes a little while to work.

Some questions :

1. Should I update to one of the newest builds ( are there changelogs that may help determine if they will help ?
2. Are there any logs that may help, if so I can attempt to obtain them ( ideally via an app install )

I used to use 14.1, but with the applications I use this seems more stable, so thanks again

regards

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
the tablet would go on several years.
Well it would, as a wifi-only tablet with no password protection,
8224Freak Thanks for this.

My T700 is running 20220505.010526 and it has breathed new life into the tablet for the ( few ) applications I run. These mainly being Kindle, Prime video , gmail , youtube and Chrome .

Only issue I have come across is as Armin above says, after I power off the tablet or restart it,the fingerprint, password or pin takes a little while to work.

Some questions :

1. Should I update to one of the newest builds ( are there changelogs that may help determine if they will help ?
2. Are there any logs that may help, if so I can attempt to obtain them ( ideally via an app install )

I used to use 14.1, but with the applications I use this seems more stable, so thanks again

regards
You can update to the latest build and see if anything had changed. You can take logs via executing adb command ‘adb logcat’ as soon as you try unlocking your device with fingerprint password and pin whatever

ventzaq

Oct 29, 2009
Thanks. With latest build I reboot, wait till screen goes black, press home key then unlock and all ok.

Happy to regard that as fixed

regards

• Love
Reactions: LR7875

ArminT805

Jun 19, 2022
If someone is trying to debug this android 10 based rom for sm t805,he should consider the bugs below:
1) mobile data
2) network operators
3) password,pin or fingerprint not opening the tablet for about 15 to 20 seconds after booting up
(I think CrDroid Android 10 is better to modify,because you wait while bootup animation is played and after that password,pin or fingerprint works)
4) kernel adiutor doesn't apply changed settings
I will be grateful to that genius guy who fixes these bugs.
Thank you guys!
😊😊😊

Last edited:

roscored1000

Sep 18, 2012
thank you for the link, its been a few years since i played with roms and twrp etc. time to dust the skills off. thanks again
Hi guys me again it has been a while, is there an installation guide handy for this installation, i have used Odin before and that is fine, so an install with that method would be handy thanks again.
Sorry in advance if it has been covered before, but it has been a long time, I dont particularly want to Root it , too messy and I only need basic internet wifi nothing too fancy. thanks

Last edited:

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
Tested today lineage-17.1-20220619-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi. It is an improvement w.r.t. the older versions, where video in browsers (Brave and Firefox) had scaling faults. Unfortunately, SELinux is still "permissive", and still no encryption. Without SELinux Android is just a toy, where any application can spy on the data belonging to any other application.

So, I am back to the good old lineage-14.1-20220107-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi again.

BTW, I made T-800 run significantly faster by sticking multiple layers of aluminium adhesive tape to the processor heatsink, thus spreading the heat all over the batteries and frame - nice!

foolone

Mar 7, 2016
Tested today lineage-17.1-20220619-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi. It is an improvement w.r.t. the older versions, where video in browsers (Brave and Firefox) had scaling faults. Unfortunately, SELinux is still "permissive", and still no encryption. Without SELinux Android is just a toy, where any application can spy on the data belonging to any other application.

So, I am back to the good old lineage-14.1-20220107-UNOFFICIAL-chagallwifi again.

BTW, I made T-800 run significantly faster by sticking multiple layers of aluminium adhesive tape to the processor heatsink, thus spreading the heat all over the batteries and frame - nice!
@porcino Can you share a picture of your taping? thanks.

XantheFIN

Oct 2, 2013
The battery connector gets bad and solders cracks resulting overheating but i guess there is some other going on too... i attached long copper sheet with heat pad top of cpu/gpu/ram chip hamburger and now been running cool.

Did anyone install Magisk lately on to this? I guess Magisk installation has changed on these again.

Update: Figured out, when from LineageOS zip file i took boot.img file and did ran through newest Magisk from github to patch it.. i renmabed it back to boot.img and i had use gnu tar from command line (no matter if windows or linux) but on 7zip i got slightly error in tar file header (zeroes where should not be zeroes).. i saw this as slight cryptic characters in ODIN when doing flash.. so if someone does install gnu tar and uses it..

tar -cf boot.img.tar boot.img

Then in ODIN put this new *.tar in AP and flash.. success.

Last edited:

pacc

Jul 16, 2008
Was mic fixed on the latest builds on T700 (klimtwifi)?

Can you record camera video with sound?

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
So, no dev can build properly rom for t805? Why trying then? Buy new one, or use 6.0.1 with root and enjoy without bugs...
Can't fully agree with the "replace it" comment, as it essentially means (dumpster/incinerate/shred) it, but us xda have the simple objective of giving a device a new life, and reduce e-waste (and soil pollution and well, I could go on).
We could have requested a developer to pick up this device, by donating a spare Galaxy Tab S (that would be originally teared to atomic size lethal smithereens). I don't qualify for saying this here (well, I don't have a Tab S) though (and it's your choice, I can't decide the fate of your property, you could have washed it in hydrofluoric acid and bury it in your garden) .

Top Liked Posts