• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab S (SM-T700, SM-T705, SM-T800, SM-T800, SM-P600)

Search This thread

pintomix

May 1, 2013
Hello friends,

I tried to update my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (P601 - 3G) with the P600 Wifi Android 10 (Lineage 17.1) ROM.

However, when starting the installation through the TWRP, an error message of incompatibility with the model appears, even though there are people here on the forum who were successful in this installation (even with the loss of access to mobile data).

Are there any TWRP settings that allow this installation?

Note: the device is working perfectly on LineageOS 14.1

Last edited:

DaRealPlaya

Jul 6, 2012
For me, everything works great (SM-P600, Gapps Nano/Micro, Magisk v.23) only one thing makes me trouble. Everytime, when the display goes off, the hole system freezes for more than a minute. Or it reboots.

I have flashed the crDroid Version

Sumidor72

Sep 7, 2012
Hello there, thanks for your amazing work on this device (sm-p600). Yet, I'm having a bootloop issue on all your recent roms :(.
I've tried fully resetting my device by flashing the latest lollipop stock firmware from Sammobile but it didn't fix the issue. I've attached my boot logs if someone is willing to help me as I haven't found what causes the bootloop so far.
Thanls in advance !
I too am having bootloop issue with both LineageOS 17.1 and crDroid for my SM-P600. What am I doing wrong? I can't get past the "eye of horus" or the "frowning lip licking".

Grogros4

Oct 1, 2015
Sony Xperia 5 II
I too am having bootloop issue with both LineageOS 17.1 and crDroid for my SM-P600. What am I doing wrong? I can't get past the "eye of horus" or the "frowning lip licking".
Maybe we happen to share the same issue. Have you tried booting an old rom from 2017 ? Is it working on your device ? On my side, only old roms are booting. I guess a kernel change has messed something with my unit, but I can't really understand why I am among the only one that have this issue.

Could someone with a booting unit post his boot logs ? So I can compare with mine

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Hello friends,

I tried to update my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (P601 - 3G) with the P600 Wifi Android 10 (Lineage 17.1) ROM.

However, when starting the installation through the TWRP, an error message of incompatibility with the model appears, even though there are people here on the forum who were successful in this installation (even with the loss of access to mobile data).

Are there any TWRP settings that allow this installation?

Note: the device is working perfectly on LineageOS 14.1
Well I have a method to flash it via Odin though very risky.
Do you wish to do that?

pintomix

May 1, 2013
Well I have a method to flash it via Odin though very risky.
Do you wish to do that?
My P601 is working fine with the LineageOS 14.1 ROM and I intend to upgrade to 17.1 thinking of using a more modern Android and mainly due to the dark mode, absent in Nougat. While I'm grateful for the help, I'm not willing to risk making my tablet unusable.
Thank u!

Wurst2k

Sep 6, 2012
For me, everything works great (SM-P600, Gapps Nano/Micro, Magisk v.23) only one thing makes me trouble. Everytime, when the display goes off, the hole system freezes for more than a minute. Or it reboots.

I have flashed the crDroid Version
I always get an undefined reboot as soon as the memory card is inserted.
Without it runs without problem.
Something is still wrong with the memory card mounting on the SM-P600.

Dear All,
Firstly, hope everyone is staying safe!

I have been away from this game of hacking and cracking and using custom ROMs for all my android devices. I guess I'm not so cool anymore.

But the SM-P600 (Note 10.1 2014) is now running into too many problems getting apps for since it's still sitting on 4.4.2. I don't think I have a choice but to upgrade. Most of them though just complain about the ROM being older than v5 (Lollipop)

NOTE: the tablet is ROOTED with TWRP 3.3.1-1, Xposed installed with a TouchWiz Custom ROM that I can't find the name of

The short question is:
Can I jump to Lineage OS v17 directly from this or is there an upgrade path via Lineage v14?

Optional Q:
Do the AirCommand / S-Pen features work in LineageOS 14 - 17?

Optional Q2:
Since most apps I'm trying to install just complain about the ROM being older than v5 (Lollipop) Is there, can I just upgrade to the closest version like Lollipop, Marshmellow or Nougat to be safe, or is there no difference and if I'm going to get out of TouchWiz and into the LOS world, then might as well just jump to the latest (hopefully greatest) v17.1?

vashminted

Jan 28, 2012
Saltillo
OMG omg omg cant believe this!
whats working? whats missing? who cares im downloading this RN!
im still using my note 10 almost every day, currently rocking the liquid death variant from team exynos 5420.
getting an update after all these years is amazing

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
Dear All,
Firstly, hope everyone is staying safe!

I have been away from this game of hacking and cracking and using custom ROMs for all my android devices. I guess I'm not so cool anymore.

But the SM-P600 (Note 10.1 2014) is now running into too many problems getting apps for since it's still sitting on 4.4.2. I don't think I have a choice but to upgrade. Most of them though just complain about the ROM being older than v5 (Lollipop)

NOTE: the tablet is ROOTED with TWRP 3.3.1-1, Xposed installed with a TouchWiz Custom ROM that I can't find the name of

The short question is:
Can I jump to Lineage OS v17 directly from this or is there an upgrade path via Lineage v14?

Optional Q:
Do the AirCommand / S-Pen features work in LineageOS 14 - 17?

Optional Q2:
Since most apps I'm trying to install just complain about the ROM being older than v5 (Lollipop) Is there, can I just upgrade to the closest version like Lollipop, Marshmellow or Nougat to be safe, or is there no difference and if I'm going to get out of TouchWiz and into the LOS world, then might as well just jump to the latest (hopefully greatest) v17.1?
Well I guess you can straight flash this ROM in TWRP. Remember to wipe before installing(so backup is necessary)
Air command won't work. It is only enabled in Samsung stock rom, or an unofficial oneui port which does not exist yet. The s-pen would probably still work though I guess, so you can use it in Samsung notes or something.

For optional q2, the app developers won't use a long time to optimize very well the app in a legacy(7.1 or lower) version of android, because the market share of these versions are low. So for best app performance you would probably like to update to android 10 instead of an deprecated version of android, unless it lags or crashes too often.

Reactions: lorrdvader

namtabeht-6

Apr 29, 2019
hoping to get a little help here. have read through all the posts, can't seem to get it to boot.

odin v3.13.1, i flash P600UEUDQF1_P600XARDQF1_HOME.tar.md5
i flash CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifiue-lt03wifiue-smp600.tar.md5 to root
i follow the basic setup for the installed samsung flavour OS, and use playstore to install TWRP
flash twrp-3.5.0_9-0-lt03wifiue.img to recovery and shut down
i reboot in recovery and wipe data
i have crDroidAndroid-10.0-20210903-n1awifi-v6.21-LuisROM.zip \ lineage-17.1-20210902-UNOFFICIAL-n1awifi.zip on an SD and i install the ROM (no errors)
i have BiTGApps-arm64-10.0.0-v0.6_signed.zip for Gapps (but i've tried with/without and neither works)

so after that i do a reboot, and every single time i've tried this process (~4 at this point), it gets to the Lineage or crDroid animation screens and simply holds. I've left both of the OS running in the animation for 3 hours each and neither of them advance past that.

i'm either missing something, or perhaps the method of getting twrp is breaking the process? any help would be very appreciated. thank you for the work on the ROM to the OP. I still have love for this tablet and want to be able to squeeze a bit more life out of it.

namtabeht-6

Apr 29, 2019
@namtabeht-6 afaik the P600 is 32bit like my P605.
So might be better to try the other Gapps version.
thank you. i did have another set, open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20210916.zip , because (remembered after i posted here), the one i mentioned in the list through up an error in twrp... i've since done one last try without adding any gapps, but it's been doing the Lineage animation for about 45 minutes now and no signs of stopping.

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
thank you. i did have another set, open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20210916.zip , because (remembered after i posted here), the one i mentioned in the list through up an error in twrp... i've since done one last try without adding any gapps, but it's been doing the Lineage animation for about 45 minutes now and no signs of stopping.
If you know what is adb then try ‘adb logcat’ and send out the resultant file here

Top Liked Posts