• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Vibe K5/K5+

Search This thread

adinechin

Sep 19, 2012
Lyon
Hi everyone,

With the approval of @Klaus on Telegram, I built LineageOS 17.1 with her source and the help of @ghostrider_reborn and @hsj51 as usual ;)

Changelog:
  • Security update 2021-07-05
  • Cellular, position and bluetooth tiles changeable when the screen is locked
Download : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h9HwPaBclKarnZWOTTaiAs5do5yOLSZi/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy and give feedback :)
As it takes time to build, I don't know if I will update every month, but as soon as Lineage 15.1 is not updated, I will switch on 17.1.

kernel : https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8916

Last edited:

mns123

Dec 13, 2007
God's own country
Hi everyone,

With the approval of @Klaus on Telegram, I built LineageOS 17.1 with her source and the help of @ghostrider_reborn and @hsj51 as usual ;)

Changelog:
Downloads :
Hi everyone,

Changelog:
Downloads :
Enjoy and give feedback :)
As it takes time to build, I don't know if I will update every month, but as soon as Lineage 15.1 is not updated, I will switch on 17.1.

kernel : https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8916
Settings-<System closes by itself.
Phone- incoming call unable to answer.

Last edited:

Docmine7

Hello, if it's not too much to ask, could you port this linux to K5?

[Links]
[Similar Devices]
[My Other Post]

thisbesonic

Dec 1, 2018
I was thinking of giving building it myself a try. Never done it before though. So I read this guide and was wondering whether I really need a machine with 200GB free disk space and 16GB RAM? Would it take considerably longer with 60GB free space and 8GB RAM? How much time are we even talking about here 3-8 hours, or more?

Would be super nice if you could give a bit of guidance @adinechin :)

adinechin

Sep 19, 2012
Lyon
I was thinking of giving building it myself a try. Never done it before though. So I read this guide and was wondering whether I really need a machine with 200GB free disk space and 16GB RAM? Would it take considerably longer with 60GB free space and 8GB RAM? How much time are we even talking about here 3-8 hours, or more?

Would be super nice if you could give a bit of guidance @adinechin :)

This guide is a real good start. About size, what I can tell you is :
  • I use my professional laptop (core i7 with 16Go RAM) but with WSL on Windows
  • When I look to the size taken by only sources of LineageOS 15.1 it's 76GB
  • So with compiled data I think it goes up to 150GB to 200GB
  • with this configuration, it takes around 6 to 8 hours to build

spedster10

Oct 19, 2021
Hey! I'm new to this, so I'm sorry if I am being weird here. Why is android 11/12 not on this device? I can't see any OS that has android 11 for this thing. Thanks for your time!

thisbesonic

Dec 1, 2018
This guide is a real good start. About size, what I can tell you is :
  • I use my professional laptop (core i7 with 16Go RAM) but with WSL on Windows
  • When I look to the size taken by only sources of LineageOS 15.1 it's 76GB
  • So with compiled data I think it goes up to 150GB to 200GB
  • with this configuration, it takes around 6 to 8 hours to build

Hi there and thanks for the reply! It seems in the moment I don't have a machine powerful enough to do the job then. But I hope to get back to it some time in the future. Now I have a general idea of how much effort it is. Thank you!

I see you also updated the download link (y)

jota0222

Dec 6, 2021
Excellent build! I've been using it by almost 2 weeks now, everything works perfectly and smooth, it's way faster than the stock ROM.
If I have to mention something that could be fixed, and is more visual than other thing, is the X in the cellular network signal icon when the mobile data is turned off, it looks like if there was an error but there is no issue, I can receive and do calls, the rest is just perfect.

1638834366039.png

pukn

Dec 15, 2021
Hey, thanks for your work! I installed this yesterday and so far I really like it.
I have a few questions though:
  1. SELinux seems to be disabled. Would it be possible to enable SELinux in enforcing mode? Is that something I can do by myself or does it require rebuilding the image?
  2. Trust also warns me that the build was signed with public keys. Is there any specific reason for this?
  3. Are the sources you used for building this publicly available? If so, could you provide some links, please?
Thanks in advance, I look forward to using this ROM!

evg_eni

Dec 26, 2021
My first expirience with custom roms. Sucessfully installed this. I had problems with gapps (mini) phone reboots everytime when try to install the package. Download pico and installed sucessfull.
About this ROM - its very nice. Runs absolutely smooth without lags, battery life is better than stock rom.
disadvantage i notice - sometimes phone just freeze and automatically turn off.. When it hapens i must hold power button for long time than normal 10-12 seconds and phone start again. When i power off manually it starts normall.
edit.. random reboot issue seems to happen only when i use phone with charger connected. When work only on battery, no problems.

Last edited:

opascik

Feb 3, 2011
I can not install Gapps and Magisk.
When you try to install the ZIP file under TWRP, an automatic reset takes place.

Top Liked Posts