• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Vibe K5/K5+

Search This thread

adinechin

Sep 19, 2012
Lyon
Hi everyone,

With the approval of @Klaus on Telegram, I built LineageOS 17.1 with her source and the help of @ghostrider_reborn and @hsj51 as usual ;)

Changelog:
  • Security update 2021-07-05
  • Cellular, position and bluetooth tiles changeable when the screen is locked
Download : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h9HwPaBclKarnZWOTTaiAs5do5yOLSZi/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy and give feedback :)
As it takes time to build, I don't know if I will update every month, but as soon as Lineage 15.1 is not updated, I will switch on 17.1.

kernel : https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8916

Last edited:

mns123

Dec 13, 2007
God's own country
Hi everyone,

With the approval of @Klaus on Telegram, I built LineageOS 17.1 with her source and the help of @ghostrider_reborn and @hsj51 as usual ;)

Changelog:
Downloads :
Hi everyone,

Changelog:
Downloads :
Enjoy and give feedback :)
As it takes time to build, I don't know if I will update every month, but as soon as Lineage 15.1 is not updated, I will switch on 17.1.

kernel : https://github.com/ArrowOS-Devices/android_kernel_lenovo_msm8916
Settings-<System closes by itself.
Phone- incoming call unable to answer.

Last edited:

Docmine7

Hello, if it's not too much to ask, could you port this linux to K5?

[Links]
[Similar Devices]
[My Other Post]

thisbesonic

Dec 1, 2018
I was thinking of giving building it myself a try. Never done it before though. So I read this guide and was wondering whether I really need a machine with 200GB free disk space and 16GB RAM? Would it take considerably longer with 60GB free space and 8GB RAM? How much time are we even talking about here 3-8 hours, or more?

Would be super nice if you could give a bit of guidance @adinechin :)

adinechin

Sep 19, 2012
Lyon
I was thinking of giving building it myself a try. Never done it before though. So I read this guide and was wondering whether I really need a machine with 200GB free disk space and 16GB RAM? Would it take considerably longer with 60GB free space and 8GB RAM? How much time are we even talking about here 3-8 hours, or more?

Would be super nice if you could give a bit of guidance @adinechin :)

This guide is a real good start. About size, what I can tell you is :
  • I use my professional laptop (core i7 with 16Go RAM) but with WSL on Windows
  • When I look to the size taken by only sources of LineageOS 15.1 it's 76GB
  • So with compiled data I think it goes up to 150GB to 200GB
  • with this configuration, it takes around 6 to 8 hours to build

spedster10

Oct 19, 2021
Hey! I'm new to this, so I'm sorry if I am being weird here. Why is android 11/12 not on this device? I can't see any OS that has android 11 for this thing. Thanks for your time!

thisbesonic

Dec 1, 2018
This guide is a real good start. About size, what I can tell you is :
  • I use my professional laptop (core i7 with 16Go RAM) but with WSL on Windows
  • When I look to the size taken by only sources of LineageOS 15.1 it's 76GB
  • So with compiled data I think it goes up to 150GB to 200GB
  • with this configuration, it takes around 6 to 8 hours to build

Hi there and thanks for the reply! It seems in the moment I don't have a machine powerful enough to do the job then. But I hope to get back to it some time in the future. Now I have a general idea of how much effort it is. Thank you!

I see you also updated the download link (y)

Top Liked Posts