[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 [T710][T715][T715Y][T810][T815][T815Y]

UFORudi

Jan 5, 2020
It is possible install LineageOS 17.1 on my SM-T815 with Odin ?
At update from 20210207 to 20210221 somehow resulted a bootloop.
I can't see another solution. Pls !

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
It is possible install LineageOS 17.1 on my SM-T815 with Odin ?
At update from 20210207 to 20210221 somehow resulted a bootloop.
I can't see another solution. Pls !
You should be able to get back to recovery mode either with "adb reboot recovery" or using the button combinations.

While it's in the boot loop, check whether adb can see it. If so, "adb reboot recovery" should work.

Otherwise, power the device off by plugging it into a charger and holding Power+Volume Down buttons until the screen goes off. Power+Volume Up should then get you to recovery.

Once you're in TWRP, try just wiping dalvik and cache and then rebooting. Sometimes that works. If not, try a clean flash, if you dirty-flashed the first time.

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Odin to show: Pass!, but bootloop !
I think you need to describe, step by step, just what you did to get the device into this state. Include the configuration and status of the device beforehand, version of Odin, and versions of recovery and ROM before and after.

Someone with more knowledge than I have might then be able to help you out.

Good luck!

Reactions: UFORudi

UFORudi

Jan 5, 2020
I think you need to describe, step by step, just what you did to get the device into this state. Include the configuration and status of the device beforehand, version of Odin, and versions of recovery and ROM before and after.

Someone with more knowledge than I have might then be able to help you out.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot.

UFORudi

Jan 5, 2020
Welcome,
the following software error occurred on the tablet:
- type Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, SM - T815
- Android: Lineage OS 17.1 (Android 10)
- Custom Recovery: TWRP-3.5.0_9-0-gts210ltexx
I recently upgraded from 16.1 to 17.1. Everything went smoothly
and my beauty worked.
An update to 17.1 (20210221) was received yesterday. With TWRP i wanted to do it but the reboot didn't come with Custom Recovery up, but also the original. I updated with that, from then on boot only Samsung runs to the boot image, then stops.
If i start TWRP with a key combination, then also stops.
(It was still a bootloop yesterday !!!???)
Can it be improved?
Now I am trying to recover an earlier TWRP Backup file from the SD card, but TWRP doesn't start either, I don't know how to restore.
Only the Download mode can be lured, but I don't know with Odin, for example how to restore / repair Lineage OS.

Last edited:

bmwdroid

Mar 8, 2014
Welcome,
the following software error occurred on the tablet:
- type Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, SM - T815
- Android: Lineage OS 17.1 (Android 10)
- Custom Recovery: TWRP-3.5.0_9-0-gts210ltexx
I recently upgraded from 16.1 to 17.1. Everything went smoothly
and my beauty worked.
An update to 17.1 (20210221) was received yesterday. With TWRP i wanted to do it but the reboot didn't come with Custom Recovery up, but also the original. I updated with that, from then on boot only Samsung runs to the boot image, then stops.
If i start TWRP with a key combination, then also stops.
(It was still a bootloop yesterday !!!???)
Can it be improved?
Now I am trying to recover an earlier TWRP Backup file from the SD card, but TWRP doesn't start either, I don't know how to restore.
Only the Download mode can be lured, but I don't know with Odin, for example how to restore / repair Lineage OS.
Something seems to be messed up with your T815 so imo it's best to start from scratch.
Flash latest multiple part (AP, CSC, BL, CP) stock ROM (to get via samfirm_reborn) with Odin.
Test if it works and flash TWRP again.

Reactions: lpedia

UFORudi

Jan 5, 2020
Something seems to be messed up with your T815 so imo it's best to start from scratch.
Flash latest multiple part (AP, CSC, BL, CP) stock ROM (to get via samfirm_reborn) with Odin.
Test if it works and flash TWRP again.
OK, but why did i only get one file ( 2.6 GB) via SamFirm_Reborn: T815XXS............_HOME.tar.md5 ?

bmwdroid

Mar 8, 2014
OK, but why did i only get one file ( 2.6 GB) via SamFirm_Reborn: T815XXS............_HOME.tar.md5 ?
Because you didn't check "Binary" or "Factory mode".
Can't remember what it's named on this version but that pulls multiple part ROM from Samsung's server.

nabla²

Oct 31, 2012
I was able to successfully install lineage-17.1-20210221-UNOFFICIAL-gts210wifi on SM-T810. Looks good. However, I wanted to add another user (for my kid). After logging in, accepting 2 factor authentification also for me as a parent, I receive an error and cannot finish. Is this expected? Any way to solve it?
Thanks!

schnoeselmeier

Mar 19, 2016
Chiang Mai
Thank you so much for this fabulous rom! I would have never dreamed of Android 10 on my old T-710. Great to finally see button back lights working again! Makes it feel like new tablet. Music sounds good. The microphone still sounds horribly tinny and is unusable for voice recordings. Battery life seems to be improved over LOS 16.

Last edited: