[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 [T710][T715][T715Y][T810][T815][T815Y]

Search This thread

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Hi lpedia, thank you for the answere. I have tried both ways to day and nothing works. The download popup doesn,t apprear and the download doesn't started. Ad blockers were disabled. I have tried with firefox 87.0 (64-Bit). After then I have tried with chome and it has worked. It's little bit strange.
Turns out that this is because you have to be logged in to Drive to get a right-click context menu. It's not the browser but Google itself doing this. Which makes sense when I think of it - it won't offer to make a copy unless there's already somewhere to copy to. :) I hadn't noticed this, because I always have Drive logged in on my default browser (Edge Chromium).

I'm guessing you weren't logged in to Drive on Firefox, but on Chrome you were?

JoshReuben

Jul 10, 2012
But of a breakthrough on the wifi issue for gts28wifi. Someone here had mentioned that they've been updating each month with no issues, so I dirty flashed the January build, rebooted (it wouldn't let me log in with my screen pattern), powered off, booted to recovery and reflashed the March build, along with Magisk and Pico gapps. So far, no more disconnects or freezes.

Reactions: mutualexcrement

Iandriod

Feb 25, 2012
Melbourne
I have successfully installed gts28wifi 20210221, clean install from stock Samsung, as per the instructions at the top of this thread. Oh what a feeling! It runs so much better, thank you Ripee.
I have not had any WiFi connect issues but I do get random re-boots that either lock up during boot (stuck on the Lineage logo animation) or it boots into TWRP recovery or Download. I've not had it crash during use, it always seems to happen while the device is asleep.

But of a breakthrough on the wifi issue for gts28wifi. Someone here had mentioned that they've been updating each month with no issues, so I dirty flashed the January build, rebooted (it wouldn't let me log in with my screen pattern), powered off, booted to recovery and reflashed the March build, along with Magisk and Pico gapps. So far, no more disconnects or freezes.

JoshReuben, were you having these re-boot issues? And did your dirty install fix it?

JoshReuben

Jul 10, 2012
I was having occasional reboots, but most likely Firefox related. My big issue had been wifi drops, which dirty flashing prior versions and returning to March version solved.

Reactions: Iandriod

walidahmadi

Oct 17, 2013
I am having a weird issue and there doesn't seem to be anyone who has had this issue and there is nothing in google.

I installed TWRP and flashed this ROM and GAPPS. I wiped dalvik.... and rebooted. However, now I can't get pass the initial wizard screen. I am stuck at the "Voice Search any time" screen. There is no button to proceed to the next step???? This is a very weird situation. I will reflash it and see if that helps anything. and Will update here.

Edit: Nope didn't work. Not sure what I can do as there is no way to skip this screen :(

Last edited:

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Aaaaand the wifi drops have returned on my gts28wifi. Very disappointing - doesn't render 17.1 unusable, but close.
On my gts28wifi I've resorted to using MacroDroid to trigger a macro to check and reconnect wifi on boot and unlock. Once connected, it doesn't usually drop out while I'm actually using the tablet.

I still get BootAnimation loops from time to time. These are not actually reboots - it just gets locked into that loop after some system task dies. This often happens if I leave the device on and unattended, but I have had it happen while actively using it. At other times, but very rarely, I find it has rebooted to TWRP.

On a brighter note: battery life is very good when it's behaving (obviously it'll chew up battery if it's BootAnimation looping forever).

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
I am having a weird issue and there doesn't seem to be anyone who has had this issue and there is nothing in google.

I installed TWRP and flashed this ROM and GAPPS. I wiped dalvik.... and rebooted. However, now I can't get pass the initial wizard screen. I am stuck at the "Voice Search any time" screen. There is no button to proceed to the next step???? This is a very weird situation. I will reflash it and see if that helps anything. and Will update here.

Edit: Nope didn't work. Not sure what I can do as there is no way to skip this screen :(
Which version of Gapps? This does sound like a Google problem, but have you tried without Gapps to make sure LOS itself comes up properly?

if_xda

Apr 9, 2021
Turns out that this is because you have to be logged in to Drive to get a right-click context menu. It's not the browser but Google itself doing this. Which makes sense when I think of it - it won't offer to make a copy unless there's already somewhere to copy to. :) I hadn't noticed this, because I always have Drive logged in on my default browser (Edge Chromium).

I'm guessing you weren't logged in to Drive on Firefox, but on Chrome you were?

Hi lpedia,
today I have tried the following combinations:

not logget in:
- Firefox (87.0 64-Bit): I have tried to download files from original link from ripee -> doesn't work because the download limit is reached
- Chrome (89.0.4389.128 64-Bit): I have tried to download files from original link from ripee -> doesn't work because the download limit is reached

logget in:
- Firefox (87.0 64-Bit): with right click->download tried to download files from original link from ripee -> doesn't work, nothing happens, download doesn't started and no dialog appears
- Firefox (87.0 64-Bit): with right click->download tried to download copied files in drive -> doesn't work, nothing happens, download doesn't started and no dialog appears
- Chrome (89.0.4389.128 64-Bit): with right click->download tried to download files from original link from ripee -> works
- Chrome (89.0.4389.128 64-Bit): with right click->download tried to download copied files in drive -> works

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Hi lpedia,
today I have tried the following combinations:

not logget in:
- Firefox (87.0 64-Bit): I have tried to download files from original link from ripee -> doesn't work because the download limit is reached
- Chrome (89.0.4389.128 64-Bit): I have tried to download files from original link from ripee -> doesn't work because the download limit is reached

logget in:
- Firefox (87.0 64-Bit): with right click->download tried to download files from original link from ripee -> doesn't work, nothing happens, download doesn't started and no dialog appears
- Firefox (87.0 64-Bit): with right click->download tried to download copied files in drive -> doesn't work, nothing happens, download doesn't started and no dialog appears
- Chrome (89.0.4389.128 64-Bit): with right click->download tried to download files from original link from ripee -> works
- Chrome (89.0.4389.128 64-Bit): with right click->download tried to download copied files in drive -> works
Very odd. What OS are you using? I was on Windows 10 when I tested Edge and Firefox. I just tried it with Chromium 89.0.4389.114 and Firefox ESR 78.9 on Debian (logged in to both browsers with a Google account), and right-click > Make a copy works on both.

mutualexcrement

Jul 28, 2011

Your wifi on?

Iandriod

Feb 25, 2012
Melbourne
Rupee is doing such a great job of releasing monthly builds. I'm just wanting to check on the install procedure. I did the recommended clean install of the February build and now want to update to the latest April build. Another full wipe seems extreme. What's the best process?

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Rupee is doing such a great job of releasing monthly builds. I'm just wanting to check on the install procedure. I did the recommended clean install of the February build and now want to update to the latest April build. Another full wipe seems extreme. What's the best process?
The usual procedure is that you must try with a clean flash before reporting any problems with a particular build. There haven't been any new issues reported for quite some time, though, and most of the existing issues have still been present in new builds.

I suggest you try a dirty flash, and if you have any problems do a clean flash to see if it cures them. I dirty-flashed the April build two days ago, and so far it seems stable. Fingers crossed ... :)

Reactions: Iandriod

if_xda

Apr 9, 2021
Very odd. What OS are you using? I was on Windows 10 when I tested Edge and Firefox. I just tried it with Chromium 89.0.4389.114 and Firefox ESR 78.9 on Debian (logged in to both browsers with a Google account), and right-click > Make a copy works on both.
I was on Windows 10.

CuckooPenguin

Dec 28, 2015
Is it just me - or is the last 810 release from april more instable with

* its wifi connection (dropping every hour or more and only to be reactivate by turnig wifi off and on again)
* random (reboots ?) while sleeping ..and ending up in boot animation ... to then be hard rebootet by hardbuttons only

Did not test it yet, but does a flash-over with an older image work (don't want to loose new apps and settings and since titanium root backup got worse ...) maybe a flash back works ?

If any one else have ideas for the probs above appreciate hints.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The "random reboots" usually aren't actually a reboot - it's dropping into an infinite loop of the bootanimation logo, without rebooting first. This will of course drain the battery after a while. It doesn't just happen while the screen's off, either. I've seen it a number of times lately while actually using my T710.

Unfortunately, it's a known problem, still present in the latest build, and no-one has reported a diagnosis or solution. My only workaround is to turn the device off when not using it.

The other main defect is wifi not connecting automatically although configured to do so. Toggling wifi or off/on or airplane mode on/off usually forces the connection, and on my device it usually stays up then. Some OPs have reported wifi being more unstable than that. As above, no diagnosis or solution reported so far.

Another defect - a lot less common than the above two, at least on my device - is a sudden real reboot, which can be to system or to recovery. So you might find it in TWRP for no reason if you've left it on.

On the whole I still find the device quite usable, but I'm not depending on it as a daily drive. For me's it's mainly an e-reader, and it makes a very good one.
    Method #1 worked perfectly. Thank you so much.
    Is it likely that this will be the method I will have to use in future updates?
    Well, I don't really know if it's necessary, but found this way for LOS17 +18 more appropriate as resulting in less (if at all) issues.
    On 14.1 I usually flash very (no prior wiping) dirty just new LOS onto old one only wiping cache/Dalvik afterwards.
    @lpedia @CuckooPenguin
    dunno if you've tried already but on my T810 I'm having Havoc3. 12 and no! problems.
    Neither reboots nor WiFi issues.
    Of course it's a bit older (February).
    With the 4/15 update mine hung for a few minutes then rebooted into TWRP. I thought it was a fluke however it just did the same thing with the 5/9 update. I just did a straight update with no other actions. What am I doing wrong?
    What I would do:
    1 Make a complete backup (remember that files in folders "Download and DCIM" might not be included) in TWRP first then
    2 wipe system, cache, dalvik.
    3 Flash ROM, Gapps, Magisk. (Each app setting will be kept)
    If that doesn't work
    Repeat 2 and additionally wipe internal storage plus "Format Data"
    3 with intermediately rebooting/testing after each step.
    When everything works restore "Data" via TWRP.
    The usual procedure is that you must try with a clean flash before reporting any problems with a particular build. There haven't been any new issues reported for quite some time, though, and most of the existing issues have still been present in new builds.

I suggest you try a dirty flash, and if you have any problems do a clean flash to see if it cures them. I dirty-flashed the April build two days ago, and so far it seems stable. Fingers crossed ... :)
    android-nowe-logo-1.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-17.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Q-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.4. Simply flash the linked below version 3.4 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: Will any of the variants ever receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: In short, no. The reason is that, in order to get a modern version of Android working properly on an ageing device some legacy commits needed to have been re-introduced into the current source branch. These include a fix for something as fundamental as Wi-Fi.

Q: How often will new builds be released?
    A: At least once per month: as soon as possible after each new Android security patch level is merged and whenever a new feature is added or a bug is fixed.

ROMs
    - SM-T710: gts28wifi

- SM-T715/Y: gts28ltexx

- SM-T810: gts210wifi

- SM-T815/Y: gts210ltexx

Open GApps

Magisk

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 17.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your tablet!

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your tablet and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the tablet.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - The microphone is able to record sound, but the sound is very faint. This is due to Samsung's proprietary drivers, as determined by Skulldron.
    - T710 & T715/Y: Camera viewfinder is misaligned with the dimentions of the display, such that the shutter button is almost off the screen
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - bonuzzz, McFy, Skulldron, RaymanFX, CTXz, T_I, and every other open source developer and tester who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the gts28ltexx, gts28wifi, gts210ltexx, and gts210wifi.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - universal5433

XDA:DevDB Information

LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    ripee, ananjaser1211
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 10
    Stable Release Date: 2020-12-27

Created 2018-12-15
    Last Updated 2020-12-29
    Changelog

Build 0418 for all variants
    * April security patch level.
    * Synced with LineageOS sources.
    Changelog

Build 0813 for all variants
    * August security patch level.

Please don't ask about deep sleep.
    Changelog

Build 1101 for all variants
    Changelog

Build 0924 for all variants
    * Update to the latest version of the Lineage audio hardware HAL
    * Fix memory issues (with improved LowMemoryKiller and swap)
    * Fix random shutdowns due to low memory after long useage
    * Set the minimum GPU frequency to 160
    * Set the GPU to be always online (due to lack of HWC, this fixes performance issues)
    * Massive improvements to LiveDisplay (ColorProfile, DisplayMode (night/day), Color temperature, Outdoor mode and Color Calibration support)
    * Fix Samsung vnswap
    * Add missing uvented permissions in ramdisk
    * Add custom power.rc
    * Other performance improvements

The above are courtesy of @ananjaser1211

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode