[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 [T710][T715][T715Y][T810][T815][T815Y]

Search This thread

Ekstr

Feb 25, 2015
Amsterdam
T-810 scrolling some apps should be smoother. It shutters...

Same here also on my T-810. However 0901 build seems to give more performance (shorter app loading times) and feels more responsive.

Camera doesn't work as it crashes directly when starting it. Is there a way (which logcat logs to use for instance?) to see what's causing this issue?

For those wondering: WPS is not included in newer Android versions as Google removed it as it is considered being insecure.

ROM has been running stable as my daily driver continuously for the last week. Very happy with the results achieved so far :D

HLFH

Aug 20, 2012
How to encrypt?

How to encrypt?

I am using Lineage 16: lineage-16.0-20190901-UNOFFICIAL-gts28ltexx.zip.
And I clicked on Encrypt this tablet, for SM-T715 tablet.
Now, I'm stuck in a boot loop where LineageOS splash screen runs for two mns and it reboots into TWRP recovery mode.

What should I do?
If I do full wipe, I will lose full disk encryption.
Is full disk encryption supported with this unofficial release. If yes, how?

Thanks!

HLFH

Aug 20, 2012
I've done a full wipe and put a pattern + fingerprint FROM the start and not after. So it worked.

How to encrypt?

I am using Lineage 16: lineage-16.0-20190901-UNOFFICIAL-gts28ltexx.zip.
And I clicked on Encrypt this tablet, for SM-T715 tablet.
Now, I'm stuck in a boot loop where LineageOS splash screen runs for two mns and it reboots into TWRP recovery mode.

What should I do?
If I do full wipe, I will lose full disk encryption.
Is full disk encryption supported with this unofficial release. If yes, how?

Thanks!

dombo1970

Jan 30, 2017
I tried clean installing pie with gapps and root, with gapps but without root, and without both gapps and root. None worked.

What variant do you have? Mine is T810.
Same, T810. Did a clean installation with Pie. Flashing Rom, Booting, working, Root, Not booting, flashing Rom again, working.
Did it 2 times with success.

SublimeMogul

Mar 13, 2008
The 9/01 build has been outstanding on my t810 so far. It's even managed to resolve a number of Plex direct play issues I'd been having previously and so far battery life seems pretty solid as well. Haven't had a single issue with wifi or Bluetooth either.

I'd venture to say that this build is more stable than the latest 15.1 for my uses, but that's only a 3 day impression so far. This build is an outstanding piece or work. Thanks Ripee!

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

How's the fingerprint sensor and camera, specifically video recording with the built in camera app?

T-810 installed 09/01 build

The finger print sensor has been working perfectly for me so far, but I only set it up this morning. That said, I may not be the best just because I have very rough hands and often ruin my finger prints.

As for the camera, I seem to be missing the app. But I'm guessing that relates to something I did when I flashed it. I'll report back after investigating.

Reactions: paul c and numbfall

Ekstr

Feb 25, 2015
Amsterdam
I forgot to mention ?

T810 0901: Fingerprint scanner working perfectly (also on previous couple of builds). Even with additional fingerprints added to the system. Works very nice with banking apps, password managers and unlocking the device.

App switching/swiping is stuttery and sometimes it speeds up to the left or right to much (ending up with selecting the app that is 3 or 4 positions later than the intended one).
However I don't know if that is a bug in the ROM, it has to to do something with an Android 9 feature (like gestures oslt) or it may be hardware related.
Default camera app crashing directly after opening it.
Also I dirty flashed this build over previous build (clean flash), issue might be gone when doing a clean flash. As I'm using my tablet as my daily driver it may take a while before I'll clean flash again, sorry ?

So far I'm very happy with the ROM and I'd like to thank @ripee and other devs who helped for the time put in to this ?

dombo1970

Jan 30, 2017
Default camera app crashing directly after opening it.
Also I dirty flashed this build over previous build (clean flash), issue might be gone when doing a clean flash. As I'm using my tablet as my daily driver it may take a while before I'll clean flash again, sorry ?
Camera is crashing because of not working in Pie for T810.
Made a clean installation and there's no camera app in the app drawer, and "camera busy"-error when trying another camera app from Playstore.

sal82

clean install still doesn't work for me, even with the sept. 5th build. it hangs at the animated LOS logo for 2-3 minutes and then reboots into recovery. i don't know what i'm doing wrong. i do the same thing every time with every LOS version. this is the 1st time i've had problems.

i'm getting annoyed. why does it work for others with the same variant and not mine? i'm not eating pie anymore.

PaterProx

Dec 9, 2015
I want to install the latest version of Los 16 today but I have a few questions before. Currently I'm on Los 15.1, is los 16 more or at least as fluid as los15? Have here and there a few lags but that's OK for me. More important is, does deep sleep work in t715 rom? In Los 15 I installed the t710 version because of that. Is it also recommended to do so on Los 16 if I want the tablet to go into deep sleep? Thanks for any answer and of course for the developer for the great job already! :)

Oeps

Sep 2, 2012
Amsterdam
Is it also recommended to do so on Los 16 if I want the tablet to go into deep sleep?
I did a clean install of los 16 on my T710. About once a week sudden battery drain because deep sleep does not kick in. Reboot/recharge solves it for some time.

In my case fingerprint scanner problems too in my case. Firefox sometimes hangs for a minute or so. Still better than back to stock!

dombo1970

Jan 30, 2017
Flashed 0905 over 0901 on my T810.
Still no camera app pre-installed, but open camera working!!

Last edited:

hayks

Sep 4, 2019
How's the fingerprint sensor and camera, specifically video recording with the built in camera app?

Fingerprint sensor is working fine from startup. Camera app would not show up so I wasn't able to try it. Also had some problems with live display which doesn't work, does not allow to turn on. Some sttuters and lags across animations.

Also, the rom enters bootloop if flashed with stock gapps, I had to run it with Pico gapps flashed to make it work.
I am now on the LOS 15.1 to make simcard and live display work, although charging the tablet to install 5th September build :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    image17.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-18.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Q-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.5. Simply flash the linked below version 3.5 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: Will any of the variants ever receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: In short, no. The reason is that, in order to get a modern version of Android working properly on an ageing device some legacy commits needed to have been re-introduced into the current source branch. These include a fix for something as fundamental as Wi-Fi.

Q: How often will new builds be released?
    A: At least once per month: as soon as possible after each new Android security patch level is merged and whenever a new feature is added or a bug is fixed.

ROMs
    - SM-T710: gts28wifi

- SM-T715/Y: gts28ltexx

- SM-T810: gts210wifi

- SM-T815/Y: gts210ltexx

Open GApps

Magisk

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 18.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your tablet!

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your tablet and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the tablet.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - The microphone is able to record sound, but the sound is very faint. This is due to Samsung's proprietary drivers, as determined by Skulldron.
    - T710 & T715/Y: Camera viewfinder is misaligned with the dimentions of the display, such that the shutter button is almost off the screen
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - bonuzzz, McFy, Skulldron, RaymanFX, CTXz, T_I, and every other open source developer and tester who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the gts28ltexx, gts28wifi, gts210ltexx, and gts210wifi.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - universal5433

XDA:DevDB Information

LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    ripee, ananjaser1211
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 11
    Stable Release Date: 2021-09-17

Created 2018-12-15
    Last Updated 2020-12-29
    Changelog

Build 0813 for all variants
    * August security patch level.
    * Synced with LineageOS sources.

Please don't ask about deep sleep.
    Changelog

Build 0418 for all variants
    * April security patch level.
    Changelog

Build 1101 for all variants
    Changelog

Build 0924 for all variants
    * Update to the latest version of the Lineage audio hardware HAL
    * Fix memory issues (with improved LowMemoryKiller and swap)
    * Fix random shutdowns due to low memory after long useage
    * Set the minimum GPU frequency to 160
    * Set the GPU to be always online (due to lack of HWC, this fixes performance issues)
    * Massive improvements to LiveDisplay (ColorProfile, DisplayMode (night/day), Color temperature, Outdoor mode and Color Calibration support)
    * Fix Samsung vnswap
    * Add missing uvented permissions in ramdisk
    * Add custom power.rc
    * Other performance improvements

The above are courtesy of @ananjaser1211