[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 [T713][T719][T813][T819]

Search This thread

Schuwarth

Nov 4, 2013
Hello,
I switched from LuK1337s LOS16 rom to Pitrus LOS16 rom. This rom works also quite fast and without issues. But some apps like banking apps are warning me, that this rom is rooted, but for sure it isn't!
Is this related to the LOS trust warning, that this rom is signed with a public key?

Ghale_ab

Apr 8, 2021
Hi, I have installed Lineage OS on my SMT-715 tab s2 8.0 lite and its installed successfully but in cannot find wi-fi networks, when I restart my tab I can find networks but after a few seconds the problem is back rom: lineage-17.1-20210308-UNOFFICIAL-gts28ltexx
Edit: I try Install havoc OS also I got the same problem
Edit 2: i also try lineage OS 16 it is same thing
Edit 3: I try rom from another developer and wi-fi does not work also but it work on stuck rom

Last edited:

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Hello,
I switched from LuK1337s LOS16 rom to Pitrus LOS16 rom. This rom works also quite fast and without issues. But some apps like banking apps are warning me, that this rom is rooted, but for sure it isn't!
Is this related to the LOS trust warning, that this rom is signed with a public key?
Are you changing to the correct TWRP version every time you try to switch roms?

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
My understanding is that you have to use the correct version of TWRP to go with the ROM you are trying to flash. You should look at the original posts of the ROMs that you are trying to flash and see what work they expect you to use. I have found that using the incorrect TWRP always causes problems sooner or later, and most often, sooner.

Last edited:

louis0815

May 12, 2009
www.alex-2.de
For the record: just installed lineage-17.1-20210409-UNOFFICIAL-gts210vewifi on my SM-T813 and tested the camera (as it is known to be somewhat "less cooperative" than in stock ROM)

• Lineage camera app: never got a picture, after asking for GPS permission all I get is a camera error - installed open camera app which works like a charm
  • Skype: rear camera works (after a while), but I can't see my own picture preview;
    couldn't get the front camera to work
  • Zoom: both cameras work after a few seconds of waiting
  • Jitsi app: front camera works (no option to switch to rear camera) - but the "hang up" button doesn't work
  • Jitsi website (in Chrome): works as expected, no problems
  • Cisco Webex: both cameras work (with a little delay) in preview, the meeting as such crashed (might be completely unrelated to the ROM though)
Can I do anything to get the camera working in Skype?

Last edited:

LatestLineageFan79

Apr 12, 2021
I also installed on two T813 yesterday Really like the ROM so far. Much better performance and battery life compared to stock Nougat ROM.

The Camera also is not working for me on Lineage Camera app. Open Camera works, quality and activation speed is pretty low tho.
Another thing is the Android Setup routine that loops when creating the fingerprint/Pin combo for the lock screen but muting the app works for me so far.

Thanks a lot for the continued work on this great ROM! Any plans for a 18.1 build?

Last edited:

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
It works!

Edit: only in landscape mode.
Test Open camera: The app starts, but as soon as I want to take a photo, I get the following error message: fatal error. Photo is not taken.:rolleyes:

Same here. Both front and rear cameras work in landscape mode with OpenCamera, serious error in portrait mode. Not sure what the difference is. I'm guessing you are seeing the same thing? However if a log or something would be helpful let me know.

Well I am a noob to the Android world. I was fortunate to find this video and have my hand held thru most of the process.
To make a long story short, I understand the elation the guy in the video had when he was successful in loading LineageOS 17.1 on his Tab 2.
I have a T813 which I guess makes it kind of a red-headed stepchild. I pulled it off a recycling load so beggars can't be choosers, can they?
I am very pleased to report that the latest build is working great, I installed the open cameras app and that seems to have made the selfie cameras available to all the programs I use.
A huge thanks to all those who spent so much time making this possible.

lmacmil

Dec 7, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
My 713 has suffered from occasional wifi disconnects with every ROM from stock Nougat and every LOS from 14 to 17. It seems like this one is better at reconnecting than the other ones. I don't think I've ever had to reboot to reconnect which was not the case with previous versions.

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
My 713 has suffered from occasional wifi disconnects with every ROM from stock Nougat and every LOS from 14 to 17. It seems like this one is better at reconnecting than the other ones. I don't think I've ever had to reboot to reconnect which was not the case with previous versions.
I use Wifi No Doze app to help stay connected. Works most of the time.

Reactions: lmacmil

ceanth

Feb 26, 2007
Install Magisk via TWRP and you are set. You tried what and failed HOW?

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

No Netflix as the ROM does not pass SafetyNet checks. Why? Well, Tampered Bit is set, SELinux is on Permissive and the party begins. Install Magisk and use Magisk Hide + Hide Magisk App and you are all green and with Netflix.

Hello,

Just installed this rom and I haven't used Magisk in a very long time.

I believe its installed correctly but I cannot pass SafetyNet, I have the following:

Magisk
Installed 22.1 (22100)
Ramdisk: Yes
A/B: No
SAR: Yes

App
Latest: 22.1 (22100) (20)
Installed 22.1 (22100) (20)
Package: lkq.t.l.aquyxym

Within settings I have enabled MagiskHide and I selected to hide the Magisk app (new shortcut for the app was created).

Im trying to get netflix working, what else would I need to get past SafetyNet checks?

pointbob

Mar 30, 2012
Hi. On the first page there are 2 flavors of 17 downloads....Whats the difference between pitrus and ripee? I have an s2 sm-t713 currently running an older (16) lineage_gts28vewifi-userdebug 9 Pq3a

i am having an issue oddly with the twitter app - it won't notify me of tweets of my subscribed followers.....which lineage 17 version should i try? thank you for your efforts (ps...is 17 as stable as 16 was otherwise?)

also i have an older vers of twrp..3.2.1.0 - will this be ok with installing lineage 17.1?

finally...can i use bit gapp?

Last edited:

ceanth

Feb 26, 2007
Hello,

Just installed this rom and I haven't used Magisk in a very long time.

I believe its installed correctly but I cannot pass SafetyNet, I have the following:

Magisk
Installed 22.1 (22100)
Ramdisk: Yes
A/B: No
SAR: Yes

App
Latest: 22.1 (22100) (20)
Installed 22.1 (22100) (20)
Package: lkq.t.l.aquyxym

Within settings I have enabled MagiskHide and I selected to hide the Magisk app (new shortcut for the app was created).

Im trying to get netflix working, what else would I need to get past SafetyNet checks?

I managed to resolve this, turns out you have to install Magisk before connecting to playstore. I tried a lot of different combinations but what worked for me was:

1. Wipe in TWRP
2. Install ROM
3. Install GAPPS
4. Reboot (which fails first time (bootloop), restart with POWER + VOL Down, boots second time around
5. Skip all setup
6. Install Magisk Manager 8.0.7
7. Load Magisk to make sure it loads (optional)
8. Reboot into TWRP, install Magisk V21.4
9. Boot back into device, load Magisk and enable Magisk Hide
10. One more reboot just to be fore Magisk Hide is enabled, after reboot load Magisk Manager to confirm its still enabled (optional)
11. Connect to WIFI
12. Check SafteyNet in Magisk, this will fail for some reason (optional)
13. Connect to Google Play store
13. Download SatefyNet checker and run - It will pass (optional)
14. Seach for Netflix, its there! Download run and enjoy

Im pretty sure the latest Magisk will work but I downloaded an older version that used Magisk Manager and it worked for me so I think i'll leave it as that for now.

I installed Ripee version, still don't know for sure what the difference in the builds are but went for this one.

Really enjoying the rom so far, thanks for all your hard work

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
For some reason, having spontaneous reboots fairly often with Pitrus ROM - Changing to Ripee's will see if that improves...
Turns out the problem was really the Wifi No Doze app I was using to stay connected. Now I'm trying to figure out a way using Tasker <sigh>.

EDIT: Ripee's version 04/13/21, and using Wifi Auto Reconnect is working very smoothly.

Last edited:

lmacmil

Dec 7, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab A series
Hi. On the first page there are 2 flavors of 17 downloads....Whats the difference between pitrus and ripee? I have an s2 sm-t713 currently running an older (16) lineage_gts28vewifi-userdebug 9 Pq3a

i am having an issue oddly with the twitter app - it won't notify me of tweets of my subscribed followers.....which lineage 17 version should i try? thank you for your efforts (ps...is 17 as stable as 16 was otherwise?)

also i have an older vers of twrp..3.2.1.0 - will this be ok with installing lineage 17.1?

finally...can i use bit gapp?
You will need TWRP 3.4.x or later. Both ROMs are built from the same code base and there appears to be satisfied users of each.

Reactions: pointbob

pointbob

Mar 30, 2012
Turns out the problem was really the Wifi No Doze app I was using to stay connected. Now I'm trying to figure out a way using Tasker <sigh>.

EDIT: Ripee's version 04/13/21, and using Wifi Auto Reconnect is working very smoothly.
do you have to use auto reconnect (it's a separate apk right?) with ripee version to stay connected?

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
do you have to use auto reconnect (it's a separate apk right?) with ripee version to stay connected?
In the case of my unit, yes. Without the app, sometimes it stays connected, sometimes it drops and does not reconnect.

EDIT. Sadly even with the reconnect app, my tablet lost connectivity last night and had to be manually reset this morning. I don't have to reboot the tablet, but I do have to turn Wi-Fi off and on again, sometimes twice. This is been an ongoing problem with this unit regardless of what ROM is being used.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You actually want to be tracked? I like gps on a phone but not on a tablet it serves no purpose
    I can see using the tablet as a GPS map, particularly in a car; it provides a larger screen for the map. I've done this, but only as an experiment.

I have not verified GPS functionality on my SM-T713 recently, however.
    I bought a Galaxy Tab A7 today. On sale at Costco, the 64GB version with a 64GB SD card included. Not a bad tablet, I'm liking the larger screen but I miss some of the LOS features. And in typical Samsung fashion, the security patch is 7 months old. At least it's running Android 10. Still planning to try a new battery in the T713 if I can get the back off but I use a tablet every day so I got the A7 while it was on sale. If I resurrect the S2, I'll let my wife use it since she's still using an Asus ZenPad running Nougat!

Edit: about 3 hours after I set it up, it did an update to the March 2021 security patch so it's only 2 months behind now!
    I would be curious to how much the tab A costed and the specs? Because you may have been better to get a s3 tablet on eBay. I know it sucks because my s2 tablet is barely living because the usb port doesn't work right and it burned the first battery but they replaced it.
    It was $190 at Costco for the 64GB version with a 64GB SD card. It will be fine for my use. I don't play games or watch movies. It's mostly web surfing, email, reading newspapers and watch YouTube videos. I've not had good luck with used Samsung tablets so I would never buy another one.
    You actually want to be tracked? I like gps on a phone but not on a tablet it serves no purpose
    1. LineageOS + AFWall+ + Insular : vetted open-source
    2. 90% of installed apps : open-source
    3. 10% non-OSS apps : confined to separate Work profile (with Insular)
    4. GPS apps : (OSS) SatStat and OSMAnd
    The risk of being tracked without consent is under these conditions minimal.

Furthermore, the issue is not about being tracked or not, but a previously working hardware function, which does not work anymore since late April releases.

That is a bug, not a feature.
    Yes, I've done that successfully. They are built from the same source.
    android-nowe-logo-1.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: The room is bootlooping the first time I attempt to boot into it after clean flashing. What should I do?[/COLOR]
    A: Force reboot using the Power and Volume Down buttons. The rom will boot properly the second time around. This is a known bug and it affects clean flashes only.

Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-17.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Q-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.4. Simply flash the linked below version 3.4 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: Will any of the variants ever receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: No.

Q: How often will new builds be released?
    A: At least once per month: as soon as possible after each new Android security patch level is merged and whenever a new feature is added or a bug is fixed.

ROMs
    pitrus-
    - SM-T713: gts28vewifi

- SM-T719: gts28velte

- SM-T813: gts210vewifi

- SM-T819: gts210velte

ripee

- SM-T713: gts28vewifi

- SM-T719: gts28velte

- SM-T813: gts210vewifi

- SM-T819: gts210velte

Open GApps

Magisk

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 17.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your tablet!

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your tablet and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the tablet.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - The rom bootloops only after clean flashing. Force rebooting allows it to boot properly the second time and every time afterwards. See the FAQ's above.
    - The cameras work, but with a delayed response, so they are impractical to use.
    - T719 & T819: RIL does not work at all.
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developer in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - Luk1337 and every other open source developer and tester who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the gts28velte, gts28vewifi, gts210velte, and gts210vewifi.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - msm8976-common

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    ripee
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 10
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-25

Created 2020-03-21
    Last Updated 2020-07-14
    Reserved

TWRP 3.5.2_9-2

The official TWRP for all four variants is built by TeamWin's servers from the outdated android-6.0 branch. A major bug in this branch is that mtp is broken, so I ran my own builds from the android-7.1 branch. I fixed hw encryption, which is why I bumped the version number up to "-2":

twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts210velte.img
    twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts210velte.tar

twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts210vewifi.img
    twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts210vewifi.tar

twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts28velte.img
    twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts28velte.tar

twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts28vewifi.img
    twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts28vewifi.tar
    will the this rom be recieving monthyl google secuirty patches/updates?

Yes, I'm almost done reviewing my commits so far. Real life is busy lately.
    There ist no T719 Bootloader in the folder

T719 and T819 bootloaders and modems will be up in a few hours.

As for new builds, I'm going through all Q commits carefully to try to figure out the cause of these random bugs that no other device has, like the first boot hang and flickering.

BT audio is an easy fix that will be in the next builds, whenever I either manage to fix something or just run a new build with the April security patches.
    Changelog

Builds 0323 for all variants
    * Fingerprint sensor is fixed.
    * Synced with LineageOS sources.

The builds are running one by one and all should be up within 3-4 hours.