[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 [T713][T719][T813][T819]

Search This thread

Fif_

Jun 5, 2013
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4
How did you install Lineage? Were you already running Lineage originally? Are you using TWRP, is so which one?
This tablet was running an old Nougat LOS build.
I first flashed the latest official Samsung ROM to update firmware (T813XXS2BSJ3). I used heimdall (the Linux Odin variant) and flashed all the partitions available in the firmware zip.
I booted into stock (yuck), made sure everything was fine.
I went back to download mode and flashed the TWRP linked in the OP (which is not stock, it's 3.5.2_9-2).
Booted into TWRP.
Formatted /data, /system and /cache.
Sideloaded pitrus/wickenberg lineage-16.0-20210826.
Sideloaded OpenGapps 20210904 for arm64.
Cleared /cache and dalvik cache.
Rebooted into system, it hung as explained in OP.
Force rebooted, it went through and into setup.
Completed setup, went straight to Settings > Security > Encryption.
Setup pin, encrypted device, that failed because of https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/1027
Rebooted into recovery, shrunk userdata by 4 blocks (16 kiB) as described in the link.
Rebooted into system.
Went back to encryption and started the encryption process. That worked.
Then I flashed Magisk using the patch boot image method.

The old tablet is working fine, I even have a large adopted storage SD attached to it.

The only issue is that the encryption password is reset to default every now and then, couldn't find a pattern as to when it happens. That's quite annoying as encryption is now defeated.

Reactions: itista7

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
This tablet was running an old Nougat LOS build.
I first flashed the latest official Samsung ROM to update firmware (T813XXS2BSJ3).

Did you see my notes on TWRP versions? That link / issue is for a phone (I get that it may work on other devices)? You shouldn't have to do anything else. Encryption works fine on my tablet, all 4 of them.

The Beta one I mentioned is one Akipe made in the LOS thread IIRC correctly, it fixed many things that were broken in the regular TWRP. It says Beta as it's not official. Beta 7 was the last release IIRC.

The newest TWRP only needs to be used if you are trying to run LOS 17.

Format system can oddly enough cause issues with some devices these days. However I don't think it causes an issue on this device. I know on most devices that step is adviced against at this point. (Where it used to always be done)

For somebody who want's the selinux activated, I build the original LOS16 rom for gts210vewifi with the security updates from august. It works on my tablet. I did it flash over the official build from february.
What is working: selinux
What is not working: updater

I`M NOT A DEVELOPER. SO I CAN'T FIX ANYTHING!

Link
MD5SUM: 90740217c20b14b7fd08de999b1e5075

Fif_

Jun 5, 2013
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4
For somebody who want's the selinux activated, I build the original LOS16 rom for gts210vewifi with the security updates from august. It works on my tablet. I did it flash over the official build from february.
The LOS16 ROM in the OP has functional SELinux. The LOS17 ROM hasn't.
Anyone have issues with sd card? Fresh install. Formatted to extend device storage. I copy over my files. Then after a reboot it says it is corrupted.
Had the same problem with a LOS 17 install. Adopted storage been working flawlessly on LOS16.

marcosdv

Sep 18, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
For me its very important to have the camera on the tablet and both (pitrus and ripee) LOS 17.1 dont have camera.

Does anyone knows if the camera work on pitrus LOS 16.0?

Statilius

Sep 15, 2021
I am looking for the OS 17 for the SM-T810 version of Tab S2 9.7. Does one exist and can someone direct me there? Thanks!

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
version 17 has become increasingly unstable on my t713 over the last couple of builds. I am getting frequent reboots for no identifiable reason, and no change in the software apps that I have loaded.

pitrus-

Sep 4, 2011
Östersund
www.wickenberg.nu
I don't see any new builds in september. It looks like buildbot.wickenberg.nu has diskspace issues.
Does @pitrus- maintain that?
You are absolutely correct. Compiling Lineage 16, 17 and 18 on the same host/storage with only 1TB of SSD storage seems like to little. I will see if I can rearrange the priorities so it doesn't try to compile all three at the same time. =D

Fif_

Jun 5, 2013
Google Nexus 10
Google Nexus 4
You are absolutely correct. Compiling Lineage 16, 17 and 18 on the same host/storage with only 1TB of SSD storage seems like to little. I will see if I can rearrange the priorities so it doesn't try to compile all three at the same time. =D
Thanks. Builds have been successful today.
Tried LOS16 20210917 on SM-T813 (gts210vewifi) and it's working fine.
It didn't boot properly on the first boot (and failed to detect adopted storage), but second boot was fine.
Still running on August 5 security patch level, but I guess that will come later.

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
Thanks. Builds have been successful today.
Tried LOS16 20210917 on SM-T813 (gts210vewifi) and it's working fine.
It didn't boot properly on the first boot (and failed to detect adopted storage), but second boot was fine.
Still running on August 5 security patch level, but I guess that will come later.

For what it's worth for anyone else following this thread as well. I updated a couple of my tablets running LOS 16 this morning, both booted fine first try. I've only got one running LOS 17 at the moment, I'll try that build later.

Thanks so much to ripee and pitrus- for keeping our tablets up going.

Reactions: Fif_

aarem

Mar 16, 2016
Is there a LOS 18.1 build for the LOS 18.1? I see that this thread is about LOS 17.1 but I can not find anything for LOS 18.1. Some of my apps seem to need Android 11.

Has either developer looked into the issue where the tablet loses power around 15% battery, shuts down and then continuously reboots? I have two T713's that do this.

Also is fast charging working? I have other Samsung devices that indicate they are fast charging with the same chargers I use on these, but my 3 Tab S2's do not.

GREAT WORK ALL AROUND. Loving 18.1 on my T715!

ojessie

Jan 28, 2009
IBK
Lenovo P11
Is gps broken on T719 with 20210918 or am I the only one? As mentioned I cannot get a gps fix what ever I do no way. Restart, clearing, new flash. ... Flashing a previous version breaks my tablet. So to keep it short location service is not working. Any idea?

Last edited:

grmcdorman

Oct 11, 2015
Several people have noted that GPS seems to be broken on all variants; that includes my T713. No known fix other than reverting to the build where it last worked, which was quite some time ago.

Reactions: ojessie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android-nowe-logo-1.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: The room is bootlooping the first time I attempt to boot into it after clean flashing. What should I do?[/COLOR]
    A: Force reboot using the Power and Volume Down buttons. The rom will boot properly the second time around. This is a known bug and it affects clean flashes only.

Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-17.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Q-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.4. Simply flash the linked below version 3.4 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: Will any of the variants ever receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: No.

Q: How often will new builds be released?
    A: At least once per month: as soon as possible after each new Android security patch level is merged and whenever a new feature is added or a bug is fixed.

ROMs
    pitrus-
    - SM-T713: gts28vewifi

- SM-T719: gts28velte

- SM-T813: gts210vewifi

- SM-T819: gts210velte

Open GApps

Magisk

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 17.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your tablet!

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your tablet and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the tablet.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - The rom bootloops only after clean flashing. Force rebooting allows it to boot properly the second time and every time afterwards. See the FAQ's above.
    - The cameras work, but with a delayed response, so they are impractical to use.
    - T719 & T819: RIL does not work at all.
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developer in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - Luk1337 and every other open source developer and tester who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the gts28velte, gts28vewifi, gts210velte, and gts210vewifi.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - team-infusion-developers

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    pitrus-
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 10
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-25

Created 2020-03-21
    Last Updated 2021-11-10
    Reserved

TWRP 3.5.2_9-2

The official TWRP for all four variants is built by TeamWin's servers from the outdated android-6.0 branch. A major bug in this branch is that mtp is broken, so I ran my own builds from the android-7.1 branch. I fixed hw encryption, which is why I bumped the version number up to "-2":

twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts210velte

twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts210vewifi

twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts28velte

twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts28vewifi
    Since all ROMs got deleted and it looks like there won't be any new ones I decided to do something about this.
    My T719 is still in perfectly good shape and it would be a shame to dump it to the landfill.
    So I spend the last two days digging through Repositories and recreated the build processes originating from ripee's original post, giving these devices a second life.

Download from my GDrive.
    Changelog

Builds 0323 for all variants
    * Fingerprint sensor is fixed.
    * Synced with LineageOS sources.

The builds are running one by one and all should be up within 3-4 hours.
    will the this rom be recieving monthyl google secuirty patches/updates?

Yes, I'm almost done reviewing my commits so far. Real life is busy lately.