[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 [T713][T719][T813][T819]

Search This thread

Entodoays

Sep 13, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Moto G4 Plus
LOS 16 is more polished than LOS 17 on the TAB S2 T813. Things that work on the former that don't on the latter:
  • GPS
  • Wi-fi direct and wireless displays
  • Enforcing SE Linux
  • Better Alt-Tab integration when using external keyboard
Things that are better on LOS17 in my opinion:
  • Dark mode
  • File save dialog in dark mode (in LOS16 the filename appears white on white)
  • Wi-fi sharing (Android 10 feature)
I was using LOS17 for a year or more, but decided to switch back to LOS16 and am not regretting it.

on_plu

Jan 23, 2019
I have the T719 with stock Samsung firmware and would like to flash this ROM. Can someone guide me as to how to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP using macOS? Heimdall does not seem to be compatible to current macOS versions

on_plu

Jan 23, 2019
I have the T719 with stock Samsung firmware and would like to flash this ROM. Can someone guide me as to how to unlock the bootloader and install TWRP using macOS? Heimdall does not seem to be compatible to current macOS versions
I solved it by running a windows WM with Odin. Flashed with success

daveson

Jan 1, 2014
I tried to install the latest 17.1 on my T813 and the corresponding open gapps arm64 10.0 but after some time of booting, it always ends up in the recovery again. The same when I force reboot as described in the OP.
Tried the same with 16.0 and open gapps arm64 9.0.
The only way it worked once, was when I didnt install any google package. What can I do? I tried to do everything correct...

Last edited:

Vuche

I tried to install the latest 17.1 on my T813 and the corresponding open gapps arm64 10.0 but after some time of booting, it always ends up in the recovery again. The same when I force reboot as described in the OP.
Tried the same with 16.0 and open gapps arm64 9.0.
The only way it worked once, was when I didnt install any google package. What can I do? I tried to do everything correct...
Probably use pico as mentioned above, and don't forget to reboot to fastboot /recovery to install it right after installing latest 17.1 if it doesn't work if you install it directly after. Anyway, don't let it boot system first.

Tnsacc

Mar 18, 2023
I installed this rom on my tablet and it tells me that selinux is not active. How can I activate it?

nobbb

Jan 3, 2022
For those interested in a stable and nearly full functional LOS 18.1, I'd suggest taking a look at the builds of retiredtab, https://xdaforums.com/t/unofficial-rom-alpha-lineageos-18-1-for-sm-t813-march-17-2023.4540413/ covering the most issues (selinux, GPS...). Though being labeled as "aplha", I judge the build as stable and worthy giving it a try. I came from this 17.1- build and I am absolutely impressed of the new LOS 18.1 on my T813. In the meantime, I build by myself, thanks to the work of the author of the build, giving the necessary details.
The installation process is quite straight forward. Playstore (Opengapps) works without issues, even Magisk is no problem...I don't like to dig further. Just for info...
Greets Nobbb

Reactions: BhNeP and kdrkdr

Paulkw

May 14, 2016
I notice new builds of 17.1 appear on wickenberg.nu for gts28velte (T719) but the recent changes are not loading. Can someone confirm whether lte and other issues have been fixed? I have just had enough of being stuck on stock Android 7 :cautious:

Reactions: Vhy467CGYH%466

MuhammadA

Mar 10, 2012
Hi all, I am on stock android on my T810 and am looking for latest 17.1 rom (with gnss hwbinder and S2 wifi blobs patches). I am confused by all the model numbers, and threads with over hundred pages. I cannot find a link for the rom, I wonder if it is OK to take the same ROM as the T813?

I did find another thread for 18.1, which seems to be OK for many people, but for me, I am not after latest, I want stability and snappiness. In that regard, is 17.1 better than 18.1?

Thanks.

UPDATE: Nevermind, I don't think there is a 17.1 lineage rom for T810 due to having a different CPU to the T813. The only one available seems to be 18.1 and 19.1. Link for 18.1 is https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unoffic...0-t715-t715y-t810-t815-t815y.3879302/page-124 It seems it would be more stable than 19.1

UPDATE2: No I take it back, there was once a 17.1 rom, but it has been completely purged from the internet. You can see it being downloaded here
Anyone know where is this rom now?!

Last edited:

enryfox

Nov 4, 2011
Milan
I had almost forgot my wife had this tablet (T719 8" LTE), so I was glad when it showed up in a drawer and it actually still booted. Stock ROM is nice but Android 7 is getting too old and where is the fun without a homebrew ROM to try ? I tried both LOS 17.1 and LOS 16 and opted for the latter which feels more polished (SELinux enforced, it passes the safnet test, camera works fine).

Just for confirmation:

both Android 9 and 10 are "abandoned" and will not receive further security fixes; I think also LOS 16 and 17.1 are not actively developed, changelog for both is rather empty for the latest months. So I guess any recent build is fine, I am not expecting any change in recent builds.

In both LOS 16 and 17.1 LTE is not working, the sim card is not seen and it cannot be accessed. Any hope or workaround to have it working ? It's the only missing feature to declare LOS 16.1 almost perfect.

GRAM333

Apr 16, 2019
i had same problem with lte...i sold my 719 and changed to 715 android 11 ,,,all working fine...you have to use speakerphone for calls

Reactions: jastellar

Paulkw

May 14, 2016
I had almost forgot my wife had this tablet (T719 8" LTE), so I was glad when it showed up in a drawer and it actually still booted. Stock ROM is nice but Android 7 is getting too old and where is the fun without a homebrew ROM to try ? I tried both LOS 17.1 and LOS 16 and opted for the latter which feels more polished (SELinux enforced, it passes the safnet test, camera works fine).

Just for confirmation:

both Android 9 and 10 are "abandoned" and will not receive further security fixes; I think also LOS 16 and 17.1 are not actively developed, changelog for both is rather empty for the latest months. So I guess any recent build is fine, I am not expecting any change in recent builds.

In both LOS 16 and 17.1 LTE is not working, the sim card is not seen and it cannot be accessed. Any hope or workaround to have it working ? It's the only missing feature to declare LOS 16.1 almost perfect.
I'm in the same boat, also tried 16 and 17 but opted out for going back to stock as I want LTE to work. As far as I know, there is no workaround. It's a shame really as it's still a really good tablet and a fully working ROM could give many devices a second life.

Vuche

Yeah, apparently no one could sort it out, lte models won't have the modem/sim working. But you can still install lineage 16 or 17 if you don't need the lte part.

I have one 8" and one 10" WiFi only on which I installed latest possible Lineage. I also have the 10" lte model where I kept the original Android 7, It's working fine for watching TV-Netflix on the go and most of my needed apps.

But still, as I said in another thread, manufacturers should open source their software/bootloder for end of life devices, they wouldn't lose anything in my opinion, as not all users would have the skills or time to change OSs.

Thanks anyway again for keeping our beloved S2 alive and kicking!

enryfox

Nov 4, 2011
Milan
Keeping the stock ROM is an option, but a) is bloated with goggle and samsung stuff you cannot remove (and some of the samsung stuff no longer works at all) b) android 7 is slowly but inexorably loosing apps support - and one such app is nova launcher (android 8 minimum) which to me is a must.

I like LOS 16, it is lean and clean and I can choose to install only the minimal google apps I use; I will have to live without LTE (99% of time the tablet is used at home). My S2 would also need a new battery, but i'm not sure it is sound to invest money in it. Really glad it still works as a reading/youtube/Netflix tablet albeit with wi-fi only and a limited autonomy.

Paulkw

May 14, 2016
Keeping the stock ROM is an option, but a) is bloated with goggle and samsung stuff you cannot remove (and some of the samsung stuff no longer works at all) b) android 7 is slowly but inexorably loosing apps support - and one such app is nova launcher (android 8 minimum) which to me is a must.

I like LOS 16, it is lean and clean and I can choose to install only the minimal google apps I use; I will have to live without LTE (99% of time the tablet is used at home). My S2 would also need a new battery, but i'm not sure it is sound to invest money in it. Really glad it still works as a reading/youtube/Netflix tablet albeit with wi-fi only and a limited autonomy.
Regarding a), if you don't want to root, you can remove system apps with adb:
https://www.makeuseof.com/uninstall-android-app-adb-system-apps-bloatware/
I would recommend changing battery. Did it with mine as it started rebooting itself when battery was getting low.
If you don't need LTE, LOS 16 is probably the best choice.

enryfox

Nov 4, 2011
Milan
I would recommend changing battery. Did it with mine as it started rebooting itself when battery was getting low.
Yes, mine is doing that too, at 15% of battery it reboots itself; peak current is no longer what it used to be...
But indeed battery life was not one of its main feature, even when new the superbright OLED screen would kill the battery pretty quickly, and Samsung was in full "let's make it thinner as possible" swing resulting in a tablet that is insanely thin (even by today standard) with a not so big battery.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    android-nowe-logo-1.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: The room is bootlooping the first time I attempt to boot into it after clean flashing. What should I do?[/COLOR]
    A: Force reboot using the Power and Volume Down buttons. The rom will boot properly the second time around. This is a known bug and it affects clean flashes only.

Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-17.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Q-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.4. Simply flash the linked below version 3.4 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q: Will any of the variants ever receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: No.

Q: How often will new builds be released?
    A: At least once per month: as soon as possible after each new Android security patch level is merged and whenever a new feature is added or a bug is fixed.

ROMs
    pitrus-
    - SM-T713: gts28vewifi

- SM-T719: gts28velte

- SM-T813: gts210vewifi

- SM-T819: gts210velte

Open GApps

Magisk

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 17.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your tablet!

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your tablet and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the tablet.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - The rom bootloops only after clean flashing. Force rebooting allows it to boot properly the second time and every time afterwards. See the FAQ's above.
    - The cameras work, but with a delayed response, so they are impractical to use.
    - T719 & T819: RIL does not work at all.
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developer in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - Luk1337 and every other open source developer and tester who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the gts28velte, gts28vewifi, gts210velte, and gts210vewifi.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - team-infusion-developers

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Contributors
    pitrus-
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 10
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-25

Created 2020-03-21
    Last Updated 2021-11-10
    Reserved

TWRP 3.5.2_9-2

The official TWRP for all four variants is built by TeamWin's servers from the outdated android-6.0 branch. A major bug in this branch is that mtp is broken, so I ran my own builds from the android-7.1 branch. I fixed hw encryption, which is why I bumped the version number up to "-2":

twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts210velte

twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts210vewifi

twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts28velte

twrp-3.5.2_9-2-gts28vewifi
    Since all ROMs got deleted and it looks like there won't be any new ones I decided to do something about this.
    My T719 is still in perfectly good shape and it would be a shame to dump it to the landfill.
    So I spend the last two days digging through Repositories and recreated the build processes originating from ripee's original post, giving these devices a second life.

Download from my GDrive.
    Changelog

Builds 0323 for all variants
    * Fingerprint sensor is fixed.
    * Synced with LineageOS sources.

The builds are running one by one and all should be up within 3-4 hours.
    will the this rom be recieving monthyl google secuirty patches/updates?

Yes, I'm almost done reviewing my commits so far. Real life is busy lately.