[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11] LineageOS 18.1 [tblte][trlte][trlteduos]

Search This thread

Polsom

Jun 1, 2019
I also upgraded to Android 11, using:
- twrp-3.5.0_9-0-trlte.img
- lineage-18.1-20210215-UNOFFICIAL-trlte.zip
- BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R20_signed.zip (available here)

What works:
- Play Store: OK
- wired audio (3.5 mm jack) out: OK

What does not work:
- MHL tv-out: NO

Many thanks to Lineage team for Android 11 on a 2014 device!

Have just come from 17 clean flashed (can't remember which release) and it was by far the worst experience I have had with this rom, GPS flat out didn't work could not use google maps for navigation and WiFi would flicker on and off if mobile data was active also the sim would fail to be recognized on reboot often requiring multiple restarts to get it to give the sim pin screen at boot. That and it became horribly slow and would regularly freeze in apps etc.

Just upgraded to 18 as per this post and it's running flawless, GPS works, WiFi stays connected and sim always detected at boot (haven't experienced sim death yet). Much better experience over all for daily use.

Have noticed though, I've been running this rom since LOS 15 or 16 and I feel like with every clean flash after about 6 months or so it begins to slow down and become just like I recall the Stock Rom being. After a clean flash to the new version the phone always runs like brand new again. Just wondering if there's an explanation or a fix for this occurrence?

logosA

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
Have noticed though, I've been running this rom since LOS 15 or 16 and I feel like with every clean flash after about 6 months or so it begins to slow down and become just like I recall the Stock Rom being. After a clean flash to the new version the phone always runs like brand new again. Just wondering if there's an explanation or a fix for this occurrence?
Every rom, if you leave it to collect and gather temp files, apps installations and remove, Youtube, chrome all social apps, stuck files in your phone.
The same thing happens to pcs as well.
I very often, about every week, run sdmaid (pro)
apps like this, have the ability to clean files not needed anymore in the phone, compress and rearrange databases and make rom more snappy and reactive.
kEEP IN MIND SDMAID PRO IS A PAYED APP
its not advertising, just my way of keep things tide up.
I also use android assistant, which helps me stop apps from loading on start up and also I run it from time to time to clear memory from apps I am not going to use more.
I think you should try and use a method like that and see if also rom will feel heavy after some time.
True though, I never had the same rom for such a long period of time, but doing this, help me alot IMHO

Reactions: 3v3rdim

1RaZLorD

Feb 13, 2021
Indonesia
Hi guys! I did the initial 18.1 bringup and I've been working on getting the basics working. I know @ripee is quite busy with real life stuff at the moment so I don't know if he's going to start an 18.1 build thread. In any case I've uploaded a new build which has fixes and improvements and hopefully the error message on first flash has finally been squashed, Please let me know if you still get the red error message when flashing.

How to change trlte to treltexx for n910c

uds0

Nov 15, 2017
Twrp 3.5 Clean install from added internal SD card 18.1 2/15 on note 4 n910t trltetmo with T-Mobile Sim installed. Works much smoother that 17.1. Plugging in mhl cable freezes display battery pull required. No tv IR remote. Setup to 3g H+ so I switched to recommended LTE, but can't call out even to voice mail. VoLTE checker app shows active as does *#*#4636#*#* shows voice LTE. really hope voLTE actually works. On klte s5 call to voice mail switches to H+ during call. T-Mobile dropping 3g soon real challenge. Hope this helps.

JCWangK

Apr 25, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Hi guys! I did the initial 18.1 bringup and I've been working on getting the basics working. I know @ripee is quite busy with real life stuff at the moment so I don't know if he's going to start an 18.1 build thread. In any case I've uploaded a new build which has fixes and improvements and hopefully the error message on first flash has finally been squashed, Please let me know if you still get the red error message when flashing.
I want to know how trlteduos uses Android 11. Is it still not possible?

grwalker

Aug 21, 2014
Holzhausen
Hi all

reporting what might be a bug....

Attaching phone to a PC and selecting the option "File Transfer" in USB Preferences causes the rom to crash.

UPDATE . . .
  • The crashing doesnt happen on my other Note 4 (rooted)
  • The crashing doesnt happen on the affected Note 4 if i select another option first, then select "File Transfer"
But have tried many times and when selecting "File Transfer" first, the rom crashes.

FYI . . .

Thanks

Last edited:

Polsom

Jun 1, 2019
Every rom, if you leave it to collect and gather temp files, apps installations and remove, Youtube, chrome all social apps, stuck files in your phone.
The same thing happens to pcs as well.
I very often, about every week, run sdmaid (pro)
apps like this, have the ability to clean files not needed anymore in the phone, compress and rearrange databases and make rom more snappy and reactive.
kEEP IN MIND SDMAID PRO IS A PAYED APP
its not advertising, just my way of keep things tide up.
I also use android assistant, which helps me stop apps from loading on start up and also I run it from time to time to clear memory from apps I am not going to use more.
I think you should try and use a method like that and see if also rom will feel heavy after some time.
True though, I never had the same rom for such a long period of time, but doing this, help me alot IMHO

I believe I've tried SD Maid in the past I'm not sure if it made a big difference or not, I'll keep it in mind and try again if I get any significant slow downs.

As for wiping dalvik and cache, I often wipe the dalvik through the course of running a rom as I sometimes flash new zips but as for the cache in TWRP I've stayed away from that as I thought that wiping anything other than the Dalvik would stop the rom running. I'm not sure if that's true but that has just been my thinking on that.

Hi guys! I did the initial 18.1 bringup and I've been working on getting the basics working......
Thx for giving us this present.
Gave it a try yesterday.
Flashed 18.1, BitGapps, Magisk with TWRP 3.5.0-9 after full wipe+Format Data.
Started fast and booted up fine.
MTP works fine.

Few issues I've found:
1. Long pressing tile in Quick-Settings doesn't lead to that setting but seems just to refresh UI.
2. While being loaded (turned it off before) doesn't show percentage, just plain battery symbol although it seems to gain power.
3. No reboot from that state without taking out battery first.
4. "Double tap to wake up" not working.

Brilliant work.

Alex7779

Apr 26, 2020
Hi, I dirty-flashed 18.1 yesterday, and it seems to work fine (and fast)! Thanks for the great work!

I do have some questions @Inkypen
Are there any chances to make USB-Midi work? Does 18.1 use the same kernel as 17.1? Is there a way to sync down only the kernel-source for this rom and compile it?
I know I have already asked about this, but i didn't get it to work. If someone could give me instructions, i'll try it again.
Here is a Lineage- Kernel for another device where USB-Midi is enabled. The changes seem to be in f_midi.c and android.c (and device.MK)
I would really like to have this feature.
Thanks.

Alex7779

Apr 26, 2020
One thing i just noticed in 18.1 20210215 is that if I activate Blootooth-Gabeldorsche in DeveloperOptions, bluetooth can't connect to my headphones, and if i restart the phone Gabeldorsche is deactivated.
But normal Bluetooth works just fine. N910F

Last edited:

Unidave199

Nov 18, 2013
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Greetings! Just flashed this ROM today. I noticed that the Wired Audio Jack works just fine for me so that isnt a problem! But strangely I can't seem to make calls. I have Sprint which was was working fine on the MM stock ROM.

I did a full wipe and clean install with Gapps and Magisk.

After the ROM boots and set up is done I see I have full bars, and LTE and can download data over the LTE network.

The APN is also set to Sprint LTE

But when I use the dialer to make a phone call, I see that the signal bars drop to nothing and the LTE dissapears. I then get a recorded message saying your call cannot go through.

Anyone else encounterd this problem before?

Dave

EVObastard

Jan 26, 2013
Philladelphia
Well it's been quite a while since I posted in xda so go easy on me. Couple questions, I can't figure out where to get the current version of TWRP, all links take me to the APK or anything but the .tar. I'm on the Sprint note 4, maybe that's the problem.
Second question, can I use Magisk?

Reactions: EVObastard

EVObastard

Jan 26, 2013
Philladelphia
@EVObastard
1. acc to https://twrp.me/samsung/samsunggalaxynote4qualcomm.html
you have trltespr so there you should find a fitting version.

2. Yes, you can.
Best to flash it directly in TWRP after renaming the .apk to .zip.
Hmm, I changed the .apk to .zip and it failed to flash
"could not find 'META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file"
and
"Error installing zip file '/external_sd/me.twrp.twrpapp-26.app'"
Should I be putting the file on internal memory instead of external?

UPDATE: Nope that didn't work either.

Hmm, I changed the .apk to .zip and it failed to flash
"could not find 'META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file"
and
"Error installing zip file '/external_sd/me.twrp.twrpapp-26.app'"
Should I be putting the file on internal memory instead of external?

UPDATE: Nope that didn't work either.
You didn't state the condition of your device so I think there's a misunderstanding.
Magisk.apk to Magisk.zip.
Never! install the TWRP app.
Download the .tar and flash that in Odin.
If you have an old TWRP on it already use a newer twrp.... .img to flash that with old TWRP.

An3-ias

Dec 25, 2020
Greetings to everybody,

this is my first posting in this forum, but I have been reading in this forum for several years.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910F.

Flashed with TWRP 3.5.0_9.
Flashed new Bootloader (N910FXXU1DRF1) and Modem (N910FXXU1DQE3).
Did a full clean wipe and format.
Flashed with Lineage OS 18.1, MindTheGApps and Magisk 21.4.

Boots ups and runs perfectly. All my apps work and run fluently.
WiFi (2.4 GHz tested only) works, Bluetooth works.
Writing on SD card works.

Thank you very much for that Android 11 based build!

There seams only one annoying bug on my phone. When the battery is low and the phone turns of, I cannot power it on anymore (even after power it up). I have to put out the battery for a moment. Then I can restart it again. I don't know if this bug also appears in Lineage OS 17.1. Does someone know more about this?
Hi, I use the opportunity and thank all developers and contributors for the possibility to use old devices with modern software. My SM-910F (lineage 17.1) has a problem with energy management and Bluetooth.

EVObastard

Jan 26, 2013
Philladelphia
You didn't state the condition of your device so I think there's a misunderstanding.
Magisk.apk to Magisk.zip.
Never! install the TWRP app.
Download the .tar and flash that in Odin.
If you have an old TWRP on it already use a newer twrp.... .img to flash that with old TWRP.
OK I'll keep looking for a .img file, the problem is finding a newer version of TWRP .img, it always downloads as a .apk
Also, whenever I try to dl with phone the dl pauses and won't finish LOL.
And, the newest .img file for sprint note 4 is 3.0.2, I need 3.2 or higher.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today my old german SM-915F was flashed into a new dimension.
    Many thanks to @ripee, excellent job!
    image17.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. If you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    * [B][U]Your warranty is now void.[/U][/B]
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or your getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Please read them BEFORE posting anything in the thread!)
    Q: Whenever I try flashing any lineage-18.1 build, I get the following error in TWRP: Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
    A: This error appears whenever you try to flash an Oreo-based rom within a version of TWRP older than 3.5. Simply flash the linked below version 3.5 or higher, reboot back into recovery, and flash the rom zip again.

Q:Will any of the variants receive official builds from LineageOS?
    A: In short, no. While official support would certainly add credibility to our work, there is absolutely no reason to believe that unofficial builds are any less secure or stable than official ones. Naturally all the bugs listed below would first need to be fixed, but still the process of submitting and maintaining official support is very time-consuming and not something I, for one, am unable to make such a commitment.
    Note to Junior Members: It is frowned upon in the XDA community to ask for ETA's on builds, features, bug fixes, or other improvements to the code or its functionality.

Q: Why is my phone warmer/hotter and the battery noticeably drained after flashing a build?
    A: The wipe process that is a part of the installation procedure deletes some important configuration data, ie. BATTERYSTATS, which keep track of the battery's power level. These data ensure a balanced power management profile for all the hardware components of your phone. This is normal and nothing to worry about at all. Your battery drain will return to normal within a day or two.

If, however, you notice increased battery drain over a few days, check your signal. Android automatically re-directs battery power to the antennas to compensate for a weak signal from the tower to which your phone is connected at that time. If your signal is strong, check the following:
    1) You missed one of the Wipe steps in the flashing procedure.
    2) You are running an old bootloader or modem. Flash the most recent one listed for your variant under the links in the TWRP thread. Note: Use the "AP" button in Odin to flash ripee's combined BL_CP tar files.
    3) How old is your battery? Official replacement Samsung batteries typically last around 1 year if you recharge them regularly, ie. once a day. Since the Note 4 is almost 6 years old, it is normal for your original battery to start failing, but official Samsung batteries should not cost more than USD 20 nowadays.
    4) If all else fails, start over! Go through the entire installation procedure, including flashing a stock Marshmallow build, and going from there. Do NOT skip any steps this time!

Q. Flashing a build failed with the message "eMMC Write Fail".
    A. This is the infamous embedded Multi-Media Controller bug that indicates that your internal flash memory is dead or dying. Do NOT try any tricks or crazy ideas to fix it, as they are all hoaxes! The ONLY way to get rid of it is to open your phone up and replace its logic board. :p

[Official] Note 4 Verizon Bootloader Unlock
    - ryanbg

Open GApps

ROMs
    - SM-N910F/G/P/R4/T/T3/V/W8: trlte
    - SM-N9100ZC/ZH/6W/9W: trlteduos
    - SM-N915F/G/P/R4/T/W8: tblte

Magisk

SPenCommand

- It is against XDA Developers rules to post links to paid apps and games. Please find this app on your own if you wish to use it.

WipeTelephonyProviderData
    - hsbadr

If your currently installed ROM is any version of either: stock Samsung TouchWiz, LineageOS, CyanogenMod, or any other custom ROM, you must perform a clean install of that LineageOS 18.1 variant, which corresponds to the model of your phone!

How to flash LineageOS and Open GApps
    FULL WIPE (with external microsd card)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your External MicroSD Card – ! Or you will lose them !
    2. Download your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package,
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the external MicroSD storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    6. Swipe to Wipe at Bottom of Screen,
    7. Back to Main start screen,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    10. Go Back to Main Start Screen to Install Rom and GApps,
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,
    12. Reboot System! Enjoy!

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with NO Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to a safe folder - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibration),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner
    11. After you have finished installing the Rom and GApps > Wipe Cache/Dalvik > Swipe to Wipe,

FULL WIPE (without external microsd card with Home PC access)
    1. Move any files you want to keep to your Home PC - ! Or you will lose them !
    3. Move your LineageOS Rom and GApps Package to the internal storage,
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode (Hold volume up, Home, and Power button for 1 second after the vibrate),
    5. Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select On (enable tick) for Dalvik / Art Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, Cache,
    8. Wipe > Format Data,
    9. Type 'Yes' and press blue checkmark at the bottom-right corner,
    13. Once first boot is completed you can safely move your files back onto your Internal Storage.

Important information about stock S Pen functionality!
    The apps, libraries, and drivers that allow for the advanced S Pen-based functions in stock TouchWiz and TouchWiz-based custom roms WILL NEVER BE INCLUDED IN ANY AOSP-BASED ROMS due to their proprietary nature. The scope of these functions goes beyond simple vendor blobs and enters the realm of 3rd party intellectual property licensed to Samsung. The S Pen does work in all AOSP-based custom roms, however it acts simply as an alternative input device. Various open source 3rd party apps are available that take advantage of the Note 4's stylus (see above), but their functionality is a fraction of that of stock TouchWiz.

Typically if you do not do a Clean Install then you are not allowed to report errors or problems. If you Dirty Install and you do have problems then you will be asked to Wipe All and Clean Install and see if the problems still exist. This is a DAILY changing rom and any bug that you found was not working on the previous day's build may be fixed with todays daily build. On a side note, the code implemented to fix that bug could potentially break something that worked on that previous build. So reporting problems on a day old build that you dirty flashed over whichever build of whichever rom you had flashed previously will not be accepted as a true error.

Problems known to happen after a Dirty Installation
    1. A muddled up mess of a system. You are taking a rom and installing a newer rom with changes over the top of your old rom. Between these two periods of time during which you used your phone and created data, changed system options, and used apps. This is absolutely increasing the risk of causing problems somewhere in the system/data partitions. Some people have luck with Dirty Flashing. However, it's always hit-and-miss because of what we mentioned above about bug fixes breaking previously working functions. Dirty flashing doesn't only create problems if the source code of the system data and the system settings of the new build are significantly different from those of your previous build. That's not to say that Clean Installing won't ever create problems, but only bugs present on a Cleanly Installed rom are relevant for development purposes.

* Clean Install: Fully wiping everything and installing the rom onto a fully clean system/data partition of the phone.

* Dirty Install: Installing the rom and GApps over top of the older rom to save time and not have to reinstall all the user apps and tweaking system and app settings that usually take a lot of time to set up as you like.

Bugs
    - When the phone is powered off from Lineage and the battery is not removed, the battery charge will fall at an approximate rate of 2% per hour of time that the phone is powered off without the battery having been removed since it was powered off. This does not occcur when powering off from TWRP, having first powered up to TWRP or rebooted to TWRP from Lineage. It also does not occur if the battery is removed from the phone before being put back in, either after powering off from Lineage or being pulled out while Lineage is running. This bug has affected the apq8084 chipset since Oreo (as described by the S5 Plus community, which uses the same chipset). However, the S5 Plus had received official lineage-15.1 and 16.0 support despite being affected by this bug. Furthermore, we have deduced that it must be caused by one or more of the 652 commits that separate the Nougat and Oreo kernel branches. We will never have the time to go through each and every one of these commits to fix this bug outright, but we are always open to suggestions.
    - If NFC is turned off when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will freeze in the "off" position and remain off until the phone is rebooted. If NFC is turned on when the phone is booted up, the NFC toggle will function properly to turn NFC both on and off. However, if NFC is turned off and the phone is rebooted, this bug will reappear.
    - The 2nd SIM slot does not work in any trlteduos variant.
    - VoLTE is not supported, and will not be supported for the foreseeable future.
    - You tell us!

Changelog
    All major features and bug fixes are discussed in detail by the developers in the thread, whenever they are implemented. All builds include the latest upstream Changes for all devices from LineageOS.

Credits
    - Our resident Developer Emeritus fattire, Elektroschmock for his work on shamu (Nexus 6), and every other open source developer and user who contributes directly or indirectly to the LineageOS community in the development of and in providing feedback for the tblte, trlte, and trlteduos.

Sources
    - LineageOS
    - apq8084

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    ripee, Inkypen, logosA, ghostwheel, ananjaser1211, khalvat, tripLr
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Marshmallow for your variant.

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 11
    Stable Release Date: 2021-04-14

Created 2020-03-16
    Last Updated 2021-04-15
    Join us on Telegram!

LineageOS is part of the triplr_dev_users
    group, courtesy of tripLr.
    Changelog

Builds 0421 for all variants
    * Fingerprint sensor is fixed.
    * Increased microphone levels to improve video recording, courtesy of Telegram user AomineDaiki87.
    * Synced with LineageOS sources.
    Changelog

Builds 0322 for all variants
    * trlte-common: Enable comp backpressure. This is supposed to improve the overall smoothness of the rom.
    Changelog

Builds 0329 for all variants
    * Video playback in Chrome, YouTube, etc., is fixed by removing the widevine instance from the manifest.