[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10][Q]LineageOS 17.1 for z5c (suzuran)

Search This thread

Ryu--X

May 13, 2014
Paris
I tried with the new version and once again it worked.

I also tried to send and receive Mms. No prob

I didn't try to erase the apn but i also think it may not be related..

LzBz

Mar 14, 2019
First off: thanks for your amazing work Berni!

I installed the ROM yesterday and wanted to share my findings so far:

- GPS took a while to find a signal first, but is working fine overall in google maps

- I'm getting 1.6gb RAM usage with pico gapps. Most of the time it's super responsive though. But I can confirm the phone sometimes nearly freezing, after random amounts of time.

- The freezing also happens, when it's locked, if that happens, the phone is running pretty hot and the screen won't come on. If I try turning it on a couple of times, it shuts down with the led blinking red 4 times. The Battery usage graph shows gaps for those time periods, but indicates an unusually high battery loss.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7835385

it shuts down with the led blinking red 4 times. The Battery usage graph shows gaps for those time periods, but indicates an unusually high battery loss.
I don't think that's an issue with this ROM, It also happens to me every time i reboot on aospextended (loses 5/10% every time).

Ryu--X

May 13, 2014
Paris
Does anybody can confirm making and receiving calls are working well ?
@bernie I was thinking : my provider still does not use volte (but the provider of the other phone does)

noobynoob7

Sep 18, 2015
Bitburg
Maaan Berni, hab meinen alten Account ausgegraben um mich verflixt nochmal zu bedanken! Krass, dass hier noch was passiert. Läuft sowas von gut! Vielen Dank wirklich für deine unermüdliche Arbeit.

D

Deleted member 10587717

I just installed your ROM and it's great!
Can't wait for future improvements.

Thanks for your work on this

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
First off: thanks for your amazing work Berni!
You're welcome!

- GPS took a while to find a signal first, but is working fine overall in google maps
Same here.

- I'm getting 1.6gb RAM usage with pico gapps. Most of the time it's super responsive though. But I can confirm the phone sometimes nearly freezing, after random amounts of time.
Yea, same here... :( It seems that it's running our of memory...

- The freezing also happens, when it's locked, if that happens, the phone is running pretty hot and the screen won't come on. If I try turning it on a couple of times, it shuts down with the led blinking red 4 times.
That should be reviewed. Please follow these steps: Klick
Steps 1, 2 and 10 are not necessary because this rom is booting. I need these ramoops files to see what's crashing!

Lehil

Sep 30, 2019
Budapest
Now this thread looks promising! :fingers-crossed:

Even though I use stock ROM atm, still sometimes the laging red flashing reboot occurs to me. Yet it could be some third party stuff leaking memory.

Currently I use my Z5C as my primary phone, so I need SMS and camera functionality, but if you manage to implement them, I'll gladly download your ROM :angel:
Thanks for all your work!

Reactions: jonathan_lau

jonathan_lau

Mar 5, 2020
I got a Z5C as secondary device, installed LOS 14.1 on it, and the device is faster than expected :D Looking forward to install this ROM on it as well!

Great work :)

brodo

Looks very promising! Thank you! :good:

I did a clean flash without Gapps or anything and the RAM usage of Android-OS is still 1.1 GB. Without having anything else installed it's not too bad, but if it stays on this level I reckon it will be unusable. LOS14.1 demanded about 600 MB only for the OS which is already way too much for a 2GB device.

(btw: I always wondered about the purpose of a 64-bit system on a smartphone with 2 GB ram. It's not necessary to adress all the ram like with 4 GB or more but instead it eats up more ram, which is really scarce here, than a 32-bit OS. More computational power... sure, but do we need this in a pocket device? I have a z3c with LOS16.0 (32-bit obviously) on it and most times it feels snappier than the z5c with LOS14.1. :confused: )

Last edited:
Reactions: jonathan_lau

brodo

We're working on it.
Since we're not professional devs it could take a long time to fix bugs. Please remember, we do all that in our spare free time. :angel:

I'm aware of that! And I didn't intend to complain. Maybe it came across wrong. It's clear that this is still wip, so this was just my experience with this build (and Android in general). It is good to hear though that you are optimistic about the ram usage going down :)
I'd like to be of more help but giving pointless comments is all I can do at the moment :rolleyes:

MCGARCI88

Sep 17, 2017
Manresa
Amazing work!

Thanks a lot, i'm building a z5c rom based on lineage 17.1, but I was unable to create the rom because i haven't the tree source, I'm very happy because there are pepole like you that works in the z5c, an amazing smartphone, sorry my english;)

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
I'm aware of that! And I didn't intend to complain. Maybe it came across wrong.
No, it's all ok! No worries.

It is good to hear though that you are optimistic about the ram usage going down :)
Just did a clean flash. 1,7 GB RAM usage without gapps!! :eek: That's way too much for this device...
Android 10 in general uses very much RAM.

I'd like to be of more help but giving pointless comments is all I can do at the moment :rolleyes:
As I said, that's ok.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all:

Here is a LineageOS 17.1 ROM for Z5 compact (suzuran).

Download 2023-07-27

This is a 7z archive with the zip'ed rom and the md5 file in it. Please unpack this archive, copy the included two files somewhere to your device, reboot into TWRP and flash this zip file. Enable md5sum checking. The zip file itself is not signed, so you have to disable zip verification.

Kernel sources
    Tree sources

Features:

• OS Version: 10.0 (Q)
    • Kernel: Linux 3.10
    • Kernel 3.10.108
    • New: Android security patch level: 5 February 2023
    • Using sony blob's from stock version 32.4.A.1.54
    • Memory issues finally fixed!
    • Battery consumption significantly reduced! For further reduction, please follow these instructions.
    • Google Pay does not give an error when starting the app. This does not mean, that payment is working. I can't test it, because I don't use this feature at all. Please report if it's working or not.
    • Updated aptX encoder blobs.
    • P2P-Crashes fixed.

Important informations:
    • You should be familiar with general installation of custom ROMs.
    • Required for installation: TWRP 3.2.1 (pick the version from 2018-02-23!!!) There is a version 3.2.3 out there, but with that version I had problems to restore my backups. 3.2.1 is just working perfect for me!
      OR use my self built TWRP-version 3.7.0!
    • This ROM needs a clean install, old /data may cause problems!
    • This ROM is NOT pre-rooted.
    • It is highly recommended that your device is running (or HAS RUN in the past!) the latest stock ROM from Sony (32.4.A.1.54) before flashing this ROM.
      Otherwise the baseband files may not match.

Working:
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera; both built-in camera (Snap) and 3-rd party camera apps.
      Snap may be a little bit laggy, please use 3-rd party camera app instead; for example OpenCamera. If you're running into errors, please report.
    • Enforced SELinux support (see attached screenshot)
    • Fingerprint
    • FM-Radio
    • GApps (pick this version: ARM64, 10.0, pico [tested])
    • German app AusweisApp2 working (see this post)
    • GPS
    • Headset
    • LiveDisplay (see attached screenshots)
    • Location services
    • Notification LED
    • Offline charging
    • Phone calls (see attached screenshot)
    • SafetyNet test passed successfully
    • Signed build
    • SMS
    • Torch
    • WiFi
    These things are NOT (or badly) working:
    • Camera focus at low distances.
    • Encryption
    • Payment
    • Streaming (mirroring)
    • VoLTE
    Maybe some more things are not working.

If you have problems with GApps:
    Sometimes the SetupWizard of GApps crashes on and on. Then you have to boot into TWRP, mount system, and go into terminal, where you have to delete SetupWizard (see screenshots):
    Code:
    cd /system/system/priv-app
    rm -rf SetupWizard
    Reboot.

Use this rom at your own risk! It comes without any warranty! I'm not responsible for any damage! If you don't agree with that, don't try to flash this rom in any way.

Benefits:

• Added F-Droid and UnifiedNLP! If you don't want this, simply de-install it.
    • I've set maximum speaker volume to a higher value.
    • I've increased microphone gain.
    • I've changed the microfone gain to avoid echo in phone calls.
    Changelog

Troubleshooting:

• If you're running into an error, please search in this thread if this error is already posted, before you post it again!
      If not, I need a LOG to see what went wrong. Without a LOG I can't help you!
      A LOG can be fetched by connecting the device with an USB cable to your PC and then by typing these commands line by line:
      Code:
      adb root
      adb shell logcat -b all -d > logcat
      Send my this LOG file via PM.
    • If you think this could be a SELinux related issue, please try to set the device to permissive mode first.
      If the issue is gone, I need the policy file too (plus LOG). Fetch it by typing this line in a terminal:
      Code:
      adb pull /sys/fs/selinux/policy
    • If you stuck in a bootloop you can fetch a LOG with this trick:
      • Press the power button and the volume up button together until the device shuts down.
      • HOLD the power button.
      • Release the volume up button and press the volume down button immediately after releasing the volmue up button.
      • The device should start into TWRP recovery.
      • Tap on "Advanced", then on "Terminal" and enter these commands line by line:
        Code:
        cd sys/fs/pstore
        cp * /sdcard
      • Send me the copied file(s), if any, via PM.
    New version out; see 1st post.
    New: Phone calls and SMS fully working! :good:
    New version out; see 1st post.
    • Android security patch level: 5 August 2020
    • Offline charging working
    • Notification LED working
    New version out; see 1st post. Some memory improvements. Device runs smooth without GApps and keeps quite cool and battery loss is low.
    But with GApps the device becomes unusable after quite short time.
    Very good! :good:

Next big thing is memory. The device freezes too fast and I have problems with OpenGApps. I can neither flash the rom and OpenGApps together nor the rom first and OpenGApps after full install. Everytime the device freezes down to zero... :eek:

Next version is on the way; stay tuned...