[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10][Q]LineageOS 17.1 for z5c (suzuran)

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
thx! unfortunately that killed all sound, outgoing and incoming, in phone and all apps ;)
also unfortunately, after restoring the original file, i still lost all sound :unsure:
That's because of missing rights. My suggestion is not to do those kind of manipulations.
In my experience it's better to use a flashable ZIP file and modify the content of this ZIP file to fit your needs.

Reactions: tntcl

esrevinu

Jan 2, 2011
Where is this information from?
FYI: I'm not an expert in SELinux related thing. I'm just doing, what I'm able to do.
I often need more information; so, if you're able to, please help me!
In the beginning, there is nothing under /data/vendor/mediadrm. If the phone starts with selinux permissive, widevine creates dirs and files under that directory. So you can know that the create permission is needed.
You can also see this policy in the LOSROOT/device/qcom/sepolicy.
Clearkey things were obtained by rebuild and logcat.

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
In the beginning, there is nothing under /data/vendor/mediadrm.
At my device there is nothing in this directory.
If the phone starts with selinux permissive, widevine creates dirs and files under that directory.
See above. And I started with permissive SELInux mode!
So you can know that the create permission is needed.
Ok, that makes sense. As I wrote, I've included those permissions.
You can also see this policy in the LOSROOT/device/qcom/sepolicy.
In our experience this sepolicy produces a lot of build errors.
Clearkey things were obtained by rebuild and logcat.
(y)

1ggn3

Oct 26, 2020
By the way, if I shutdown the phone completely and I charge it, the temperature grow up to more than 50°C on the display surface. That's seems to be too much. What can I do?
I just tested it "by accident", and I charged my phone from 0 to 30% while turned off. I was using a 2A charger, the same one I used to check the temperatures before. When I turned the phone on, the battery temperature was reported as almost 46°C, which is way to high. After the phone booted, the temperatures went back to their usual 40-42°C.

It looks like the charger binary really does not limit the charging current for some reason. I'm sure that there is some well-hidden config file that will fix it, but I have no idea where to look :)

tarukanav

Jan 9, 2021
Heya
first thanx for great work ,been using this one now for 3 weeks have no battery heating issues while charging have to say that battery even lasts longer than on stock , only issue is the camera problems that all other have also, other than that this rom works just great . ALSO one thing that really anoys me tho is the lockscreen clock u cant change or remove it ;)

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Currently there are no updates available. It's not laying in my hands at which time any update will be available.
As soon as there are updates, I will build a new ROM.
Please be patient.
Nevertheless it is a good idea to switch to the latest available version of my ROMs. And los18.1 runs as stable as possible.

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
So, finally, I gave it a try, migrating from 14.1 to 17.1, and did the long hard way of backing up everything manually (without decrypting twrp).
I found out, that with 17.1 Encryption is working, when it is done BEFORE installing Magisk module.
The very first impression was quite nice, especially with the dark theming.
The next impression decreased quickly. The ROM does not at all feel as fast and snappy like 14.1, but rather laggy in responding to inputs. Also, battery life is ridiculous short.
The DO NOT DISTURB tile only works with standard setting, (until deactivation). Trying to tap the other options triggers some other things in layers behind the visible dialog.
Some apps refuse to work at all, e.g. an online chess application. (Which is pity, but minor issue).
In the meantime, when trying to perform a reboot, the ROM gets stuck in the boot animation,. Not a bootloop, but not even animating, just frozen picture.
Thought, that probably the device is just too old for modern android version, so , once erased the initial configuration anyway, I decided to try 15.1, but there the ENcrypion is resulting in a bootloop , even with Magisk not yet installed.
Would really like to switch back to 14.1 inmmediately, which is rock solid stable, but for backuo/restoring reasons, I need to take the indirect route via reinstalling 17.1 again, in order to shift my data to a again 14.1 compatible format.
I am very sorry to say, that 17.1 is not stable at all, against my big hope :(

Because of this messy way of keeping the data save each time, I wont test/try other ROMs again, until at least, TWRP is able to perform DEcryption. (In all day productive mode, an unencrypted phone is not an option).

Would really like to hear form other users about maybe similiar experiences or any hints. Thx!

esrevinu

Jan 2, 2011
I have an issue that wifi mac address is set to a fake one(00:90:4c:11:22:33) when wifi is connected to an AP. If I do `ifconfig wlan0 down`, it shows the factory device mac address.
Code:
01-19 23:50:40.609  1105  2714 I WifiClientModeImpl: Connecting with 00:90:4c:11:22:33 as the mac address
A similar issue is here.

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
I am very sorry to say, that 17.1 is not stable at all, against my big hope :(

Because of this messy way of keeping the data save each time, I wont test/try other ROMs again, until at least, TWRP is able to perform DEcryption. (In all day productive mode, an unencrypted phone is not an option).
I can't confirm anything that you're writing. I think the main problem is that you've tried to encrypt the device. It's unfortunateley a well known issue that encryprion is not working at all. And I think, this may cause your mentioned problems with that ROM.
I for myself am using los18.1 as my daily driver since months now and I'm very happy with that ROM!

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
I have an issue that wifi mac address is set to a fake one(00:90:4c:11:22:33) when wifi is connected to an AP. If I do `ifconfig wlan0 down`, it shows the factory device mac address.
Code:
01-19 23:50:40.609  1105  2714 I WifiClientModeImpl: Connecting with 00:90:4c:11:22:33 as the mac address
A similar issue is here.
My device shows the same mac address but a short look into the real connection at my AP shows the real mac address of the z5c.
I think it's due to mac randomization started in Android 10. But I'm not quite sure about that.
Fact is, the real mac address is served to the AP!

esrevinu

Jan 2, 2011
My device shows the same mac address but a short look into the real connection at my AP shows the real mac address of the z5c.
I think it's due to mac randomization started in Android 10. But I'm not quite sure about that.
Fact is, the real mac address is served to the AP!
My phone is shown as an Epigram Inc. device with the fake mac address on my router. Having looked into the source code, I don't think that this is mac address randomization. If it is, that change should be logged. In addition, this fake mac address is not changing over boots.

pesho.balkansky

Dec 5, 2020
I'm using this ROM for a month now and everything works great so far. There was only one app which couldn't run for some reason, but it's not a big deal.
One noob question though, is how to restore all of my settings after flashing a new version?
The problem is that when flashing without a full wipe many functions don't work for me.
So I perform a full wipe before each update and in order to save my configuration I used the Google backup and tried SeedVault, but nothing can restore all of my settings from before the wipe.
And my question is, what do you use to backup and restore your configurations?

Reactions: TRKARTAL

esrevinu

Jan 2, 2011
I'm using this ROM for a month now and everything works great so far. There was only one app which couldn't run for some reason, but it's not a big deal.
One noob question though, is how to restore all of my settings after flashing a new version?
The problem is that when flashing without a full wipe many functions don't work for me.
So I perform a full wipe before each update and in order to save my configuration I used the Google backup and tried SeedVault, but nothing can restore all of my settings from before the wipe.
What functions don't work after you flash without a full wipe?

You don't need to wipe data if you update this rom within the same OS version. Even if you have open-gapps installed, you only need to flash this rom. If you want a cleaner flash, you need to wipe system partition only and flash this rom and gapps.

Google backup and SeedVault seem not to backup all app data. SMS, Call log, Wifi settings, and some apps data are backed up. If you want to restore all app data after a full wipe, you have to use Titanium backup.

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
I currently use TWRP for backing up my devices, when of upgrading from one build to the next. I usually start with a ‘dirty flash’ - installing the new ROM without wiping the existing data used by the old ROM. If that doesn’t work, I wipe the data partition and do a clean install, then restore my apps and data from the TWRP backup. This works well, and has rescued me a couple of times when I flashed my device into a non-functioning state :)