[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10][Q]LineageOS 17.1 for z5c (suzuran)

Search This thread

casouzaj

Oct 13, 2006
Haibara-gum Yoshida-cho Sumiyoshi-shi
Hey, how can I root this one?
The ROM is just perfect, but I really want to root it
I´ve tried super su and magisk but I cant :(
I run this ROM since it was released. Magisk has always worked for me. I used the stable v21.4 for a long time. I tried the recent Canary v22 and it works, as well. The v21.4 I first installed by TWRP, and all subsequent versions by Magisk Manager Direct install (and reboot).

erickcersosa

Jan 18, 2021
I run this ROM since it was released. Magisk has always worked for me. I used the stable v21.4 for a long time. I tried the recent Canary v22 and it works, as well. The v21.4 I first installed by TWRP, and all subsequent versions by Magisk Manager Direct install (and reboot).

Can u help to do it please, or guide me to do it?

casouzaj

Oct 13, 2006
Haibara-gum Yoshida-cho Sumiyoshi-shi
Can u help to do it please, or guide me to do it?
Download Magisk's zip file of the Canary release from https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk, copy it to anywhere in your phone. Boot to TWRP, tap on Install > Select storage > choose the location where the Magisk zip file was copied to > tap on the file > slide the bottom to install > Reboot to system.

When your phone is up and running, launch Magisk, tap on the gear icon (on the top) and turn on the Magisk hide switch. Tap on Systemless hosts. Tap also on Hide Magisk Manager > choose any name > Reboot. When your phone is up again, launch the app whose name you changed. Tap on the shield icon on the bottom > Magisk hide and turn on the keys for apps which would accuse your phone of being rooted, like banking and working apps.

Reactions: erickcersosa

erickcersosa

Jan 18, 2021
Download Magisk's zip file of the Canary release from https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk, copy it to anywhere in your phone. Boot to TWRP, tap on Install > Select storage > choose the location where the Magisk zip file was copied to > tap on the file > slide the bottom to install > Reboot to system.

When your phone is up and running, launch Magisk, tap on the gear icon (on the top) and turn on the Magisk hide switch. Tap on Systemless hosts. Tap also on Hide Magisk Manager > choose any name > Reboot. When your phone is up again, launch the app whose name you changed. Tap on the shield icon on the bottom > Magisk hide and turn on the keys for apps which would accuse your phone of being rooted, like banking and working apps.
Thanks. Ill try

florstat

Nov 27, 2018
hi berni, thanks a lot for your tireless efforts, they were the reason why i felt confident enough to get a Z5C.

does anybody have advice on how to reduce the massive echo my call partners experience when loudspeaker is active (both phone and app calls)? without loudspeaker there is a slighter but still noticeable echo. curiously, the problem was the other way round in berni's los14.1. haven't tried 18.1 yet but would be my next option.

cheers from berlin

(E5823 with december build)
You may make a try with this, for me it has worked with los 14.1.

plusminus_

Footej Camera 2 seems to focus fairly well in my very brief test (though I had nothing interesting to take pictures of!)

I also found a thread about a different Q ROM. The idle drain rate seems similar to what has been reported earlier in this thread, around 2.5%/h. I think I have reduced it further, and my phone can now go a whole day between charges again, just about 😅

Can this kernel control the wlan_rx_wake wakelock? Just wondering ;)

Reactions: TRKARTAL

TRKARTAL

Jun 21, 2017
İstanbul
@plusminus_ hello, thanks for that new /e/ rom information. i never hear this and its good to know our device have another rom builds.
For blocking kernel wakelocks; i recommend the Boeffla Wakelock Blocker Driver .
Dear @DevelLevel has included that driver into his AospExtended Nougat Rom, XDA Thread:https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-7-1-2-aospextended-v4-6-unofficial-suzuran.3910036/

and the Include Boeffla Wakelock Blocker Driver Commit GitHub link:https://github.com/DevelLevel/android_kernel_sony_msm8994/commits/7.x-aex

Maybe dear @Berni-0815 can include this driver into his rom.

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
A bit offtopic:

Is there something existing lie OmniSwitch , that is working on 17.1?
On 14.1 it works flawlessly, but on 17.1 it crashes immediately.

plusminus_

@plusminus_ hello, thanks for that new /e/ rom information. i never hear this and its good to know our device have another rom builds.
For blocking kernel wakelocks; i recommend the Boeffla Wakelock Blocker Driver .
Dear @DevelLevel has included that driver into his AospExtended Nougat Rom, XDA Thread:https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-7-1-2-aospextended-v4-6-unofficial-suzuran.3910036/

and the Include Boeffla Wakelock Blocker Driver Commit GitHub link:https://github.com/DevelLevel/android_kernel_sony_msm8994/commits/7.x-aex

Maybe dear @Berni-0815 can include this driver into his rom.
Yes, I was quite surprised to see that there was active development going on elsewhere for this little phone! They even mention Berni's ROMs at some point lol

I actually had Boeffla in mind as I have seen it being used against wakelocks such as wlan_rx_wake. I did not know it was 'just' a driver, I thought it was something unique to someone's custom kernel 😅 This is... interesting, thank you

Reactions: TRKARTAL

NeXt3R

Jan 21, 2014
great job Berni-0815 .,,.17.1 i using long time all works fine
,..,you revived this great phone .d

Hm got stuck on android animation with latest update
try extract boot.img from update ,.,.re-flash this BOOT in recovery // or with fastboot
possitible problem is magisk 22.xx up

after "when the boot can be completed"
in magisk 22 - create modded boot ,.,.this flash for ROOT

last version tested ,.,still works fine

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
New version out; see 1st post.
  • Android security patch level: 5 March 2021
Meanwhile on 17.1 with even encryption working (!) , system runs nearly flawlessly.
But the last update crashed the microg configuration, so now every app needs to be un- and reinstalled again to to get registered for GCM. Does anybody know a workaround to avoid this procedure?

Lehil

Sep 30, 2019
Budapest
Hi!
I encountered an issue using this ROM.
I'm sorry in advance if it had been discussed earlier, I did look for it, but the thread is getting kinda long, so I can't really keep track of it 😅
So for some reason I can't record video footage in any camera app.
(open camera says "the video file could be damaged" and does not save; Footej shows a black screen when I switch to video; the stock camera app simply freezes)
Interestingly enough, other apps like fb Messenger are capable of recording video.
I tried both APIs, and tried reinstalling the camera apps, to no avail.The march patch is here anyway, so I thought I'd ask about a solution, but if it can't be solved, I'll simply punch a clean install.

tntcl

Jan 5, 2021
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Wipe everything from within TWRP (Dalvik, Data, Cache, System, Internal) then format data. Flash the original 32.4.A.1.54 firmware and do not perform a .TA recovery from backup. Before booting into system flash recovery. Boot 7.1.1 system and complete basic setup (added from reply below). Boot into recovery and repeat first step: wipe everything followed by a format of data. Flash 18.1, after setup and report back as to the status of the sound issues.
[tl;dr] didn't work, but i couldn't do exactly that

in the last months i either didn't get flashtool.net to work, or i didn't get to mess with my phone at all. so i reverted to sony's EMMA flash tool, which means i got an older firmware and i couldn't exclude .TA recovery. did the rest as instructed (with berni's 3.5.1 TWRP). with 18.1 + nikgapps_core neither phone calls nor camera worked (didn't even go and test anything else), and now on 17.1 these work, but all voip calls (signal, telegram...) still have a massive echo for the other party (speaker) or i'm barely audible (no speaker).

will look into what florstat posted next, dunno when i'll get to it...

VBBoston

Nov 9, 2015
Hm got stuck on android animation with latest update
I have the same issue, wiped everything and formatted data in TWRP, still gets stuck on animation after bootloop. After first boot it goes as far as to Android setup Welcome sign, I press Start, then the circle starts going saying "Just a sec", then reboots and gets stuck on Lineage animation. Also tried with no GAPPS, no Magisk, still the same. Did anyone find a solution?

P.S. Model is E5823.
by the way flashing this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-x-havoc-os-4-2-unofficial-suzuran.4249577/ using the same method boots fine but fingerprint sensor and SafetyNet do not work there so this thread's ROM would be much better

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    • Android security patch level: 5 April 2021
    But with that you're setting SELinux to permissive and to my understanding this is a security leak!
    Or do I misunderstand you?
    Yes. i suggested 2 options; second option is for fix that issue without setting selinux to permissive.
    That's the best way.
    why do you need any "selinux permissiver zip" ?
    last build / 22,1 magisk.,. ,,. no problem
    Because some users reported not working sensors. And that can be fixed by two ways:
    1. Flash latest stock ROM before flashing LineageOS ROM
    2. Set SELinux to permissive.
    The first way is the best.
    • Minor bug fixes
    You don't need to update at all if your installed ROM is working without any problems.
    The new version contains only minor fixes; nothing serious.
    Hi all:

Here is a LineageOS 17.1 ROM for Z5 compact (suzuran).

Download 2021-04-21

This is a 7z archive with the zip'ed rom and the md5 file in it. Please unpack this archive, copy the included two files somewhere to your device, reboot into twrp and flash this zip file. Enable zip verification and md5sum checking.

Kernel sources
    Tree sources

Features:

• OS Version: 10.0 (Q)
    • Kernel: Linux 3.10
    • Kernel 3.10.108
    • New: Android security patch level: 5 April 2021
    • Using sony blob's from stock version 32.4.A.1.54
    • Memory issues finally fixed!
    • Battery consumption significantly reduced! For further reduction, please follow these instructions.
    • Google Pay does not give an error when starting the app. This does not mean, that payment is working. I can't test it, because I don't use this feature at all. Please report if it's working or not.
    • Updated aptX encoder blobs.
    • P2P-Crashes fixed.

Important informations:
    • You should be familiar with general installation of custom ROMs.
    • Required for installation: TWRP 3.2.1 (pick the version from 2018-02-23!!!) There is a version 3.2.3 out there, but with that version I had problems to restore my backups. 3.2.1 is just working perfect for me!
      OR use my self built TWRP-version 3.5.2!
    • This ROM needs a clean install, old /data may cause problems!
    • This ROM is NOT pre-rooted.

Working:
    • Phone calls (see attached screenshot)
    • SMS
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth
    • Fingerprint
    • GPS
    • Location services
    • Headset
    • LiveDisplay (see attached screenshots)
    • Enforced SELinux support (see attached screenshot)
    • Torch
    • German app AusweisApp2 working (see this post)
    • Offline charging
    • Notification LED
    • GApps (pick this version: ARM64, 10.0, pico [tested])
    • Camera; both built-in camera (Snap) and 3-rd party camera apps.
      Snap may be a little bit laggy, please use 3-rd party camera app instead; for example OpenCamera. If you're running into errors, please report.
    • FM-Radio
    • SafetyNet test passed successfully
    These things are NOT working (or badly working):
    • Encryption
    • Camera focus at low distances.
    • Streaming (mirroring)
    • Payment
    Maybe some more things are not working.

If you have problems with GApps:
    Sometimes the SetupWizard of GApps crashes on and on. Then you have to boot into TWRP, mount system, and go into terminal, where you have to delete SetupWizard (see screenshots):
    Code:
    cd /system/system/priv-app
    rm -rf SetupWizard
    Reboot.

Use this rom at your own risk! It comes without any warranty! I'm not responsible for any damage! If you don't agree with that, don't try to flash this rom in any way.

Benefits:

• Added F-Droid and UnifiedNLP! If you don't want this, simply de-install it.
    • I've set maximum speaker volume to a higher value.
    • I've increased microphone gain.
    • I've changed the microfone gain to avoid echo in phone calls.
    Changelog

Troubleshooting:

• If you're running into an error, please search in this thread if this error is already posted, before you post it again!
      If not, I need a LOG to see what went wrong. Without a LOG I can't help you!
      A LOG can be fetched by connecting the device with an USB cable to your PC and then by typing these commands line by line:
      Code:
      adb root
      adb shell logcat -b all -d > logcat
      Send my this LOG file via PM.
    • If you stuck in a bootloop you can fetch a LOG with this trick:
      • Press the power button and the volume up button together until the device shuts down.
      • HOLD the power button.
      • Release the volume up button and press the volume down button immediately after releasing the volmue up button.
      • The device should start into TWRP recovery.
      • Tap on "Advanced", then on "Terminal" and enter these commands line by line:
        Code:
        cd sys/fs/pstore
        cp * /sdcard
      • Send me the copied file(s), if any, via PM.
    New: Phone calls and SMS fully working! :good:
    • Android security patch level: 5 August 2020
    • Offline charging working
    • Notification LED working
    New version out; see 1st post. Some memory improvements. Device runs smooth without GApps and keeps quite cool and battery loss is low.
    But with GApps the device becomes unusable after quite short time.
    • Battery consumption significantly reduced! For further reduction, please follow these instructions.
    • Google Pay does not give an error when starting the app. This does not mean, that payment is working. I can't test it, because I don't use this feature at all. Please report if it's working or not.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone