[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10][Q]LineageOS 17.1 for z5c (suzuran)

Search This thread

beflythis

Jan 2, 2008
This build getting the Jan 5 2021 security patch, or should people be migrating over to the updated 11 version in the alternate thread?

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Currently there are no updates available. It's not laying in my hands at which time any update will be available.
As soon as there are updates, I will build a new ROM.
Please be patient.
Nevertheless it is a good idea to switch to the latest available version of my ROMs. And los18.1 runs as stable as possible.

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
So, finally, I gave it a try, migrating from 14.1 to 17.1, and did the long hard way of backing up everything manually (without decrypting twrp).
I found out, that with 17.1 Encryption is working, when it is done BEFORE installing Magisk module.
The very first impression was quite nice, especially with the dark theming.
The next impression decreased quickly. The ROM does not at all feel as fast and snappy like 14.1, but rather laggy in responding to inputs. Also, battery life is ridiculous short.
The DO NOT DISTURB tile only works with standard setting, (until deactivation). Trying to tap the other options triggers some other things in layers behind the visible dialog.
Some apps refuse to work at all, e.g. an online chess application. (Which is pity, but minor issue).
In the meantime, when trying to perform a reboot, the ROM gets stuck in the boot animation,. Not a bootloop, but not even animating, just frozen picture.
Thought, that probably the device is just too old for modern android version, so , once erased the initial configuration anyway, I decided to try 15.1, but there the ENcrypion is resulting in a bootloop , even with Magisk not yet installed.
Would really like to switch back to 14.1 inmmediately, which is rock solid stable, but for backuo/restoring reasons, I need to take the indirect route via reinstalling 17.1 again, in order to shift my data to a again 14.1 compatible format.
I am very sorry to say, that 17.1 is not stable at all, against my big hope :(

Because of this messy way of keeping the data save each time, I wont test/try other ROMs again, until at least, TWRP is able to perform DEcryption. (In all day productive mode, an unencrypted phone is not an option).

Would really like to hear form other users about maybe similiar experiences or any hints. Thx!

esrevinu

Jan 2, 2011
I have an issue that wifi mac address is set to a fake one(00:90:4c:11:22:33) when wifi is connected to an AP. If I do `ifconfig wlan0 down`, it shows the factory device mac address.
Code:
01-19 23:50:40.609  1105  2714 I WifiClientModeImpl: Connecting with 00:90:4c:11:22:33 as the mac address

A similar issue is here.

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
I am very sorry to say, that 17.1 is not stable at all, against my big hope :(

Because of this messy way of keeping the data save each time, I wont test/try other ROMs again, until at least, TWRP is able to perform DEcryption. (In all day productive mode, an unencrypted phone is not an option).
I can't confirm anything that you're writing. I think the main problem is that you've tried to encrypt the device. It's unfortunateley a well known issue that encryprion is not working at all. And I think, this may cause your mentioned problems with that ROM.
I for myself am using los18.1 as my daily driver since months now and I'm very happy with that ROM!

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
I have an issue that wifi mac address is set to a fake one(00:90:4c:11:22:33) when wifi is connected to an AP. If I do `ifconfig wlan0 down`, it shows the factory device mac address.
Code:
01-19 23:50:40.609  1105  2714 I WifiClientModeImpl: Connecting with 00:90:4c:11:22:33 as the mac address

A similar issue is here.
My device shows the same mac address but a short look into the real connection at my AP shows the real mac address of the z5c.
I think it's due to mac randomization started in Android 10. But I'm not quite sure about that.
Fact is, the real mac address is served to the AP!

esrevinu

Jan 2, 2011
My device shows the same mac address but a short look into the real connection at my AP shows the real mac address of the z5c.
I think it's due to mac randomization started in Android 10. But I'm not quite sure about that.
Fact is, the real mac address is served to the AP!
My phone is shown as an Epigram Inc. device with the fake mac address on my router. Having looked into the source code, I don't think that this is mac address randomization. If it is, that change should be logged. In addition, this fake mac address is not changing over boots.

pesho.balkansky

Dec 5, 2020
I'm using this ROM for a month now and everything works great so far. There was only one app which couldn't run for some reason, but it's not a big deal.
One noob question though, is how to restore all of my settings after flashing a new version?
The problem is that when flashing without a full wipe many functions don't work for me.
So I perform a full wipe before each update and in order to save my configuration I used the Google backup and tried SeedVault, but nothing can restore all of my settings from before the wipe.
And my question is, what do you use to backup and restore your configurations?

esrevinu

Jan 2, 2011
I'm using this ROM for a month now and everything works great so far. There was only one app which couldn't run for some reason, but it's not a big deal.
One noob question though, is how to restore all of my settings after flashing a new version?
The problem is that when flashing without a full wipe many functions don't work for me.
So I perform a full wipe before each update and in order to save my configuration I used the Google backup and tried SeedVault, but nothing can restore all of my settings from before the wipe.
What functions don't work after you flash without a full wipe?

You don't need to wipe data if you update this rom within the same OS version. Even if you have open-gapps installed, you only need to flash this rom. If you want a cleaner flash, you need to wipe system partition only and flash this rom and gapps.

Google backup and SeedVault seem not to backup all app data. SMS, Call log, Wifi settings, and some apps data are backed up. If you want to restore all app data after a full wipe, you have to use Titanium backup.

petefoth

Dec 12, 2015
Whaley Bridge
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
I currently use TWRP for backing up my devices, when of upgrading from one build to the next. I usually start with a ‘dirty flash’ - installing the new ROM without wiping the existing data used by the old ROM. If that doesn’t work, I wipe the data partition and do a clean install, then restore my apps and data from the TWRP backup. This works well, and has rescued me a couple of times when I flashed my device into a non-functioning state :)

pesho.balkansky

Dec 5, 2020
Thank you! I'll try Titanium backup and the second approach with TWRP.
And for me, when trying "dirty flash" the mic stops working and the camera freezes.
I'll try to wipe only the system partition for the next update and see if the mic and camera still work

ALEX88_XDA

Jan 19, 2015
Do you think that I will encounter problems during installation because I have a z5 compact version of the docomo so-02 ??? Thanks!! I always preferred a custom rom !!

ALEX88_XDA

Jan 19, 2015
I really don't know. Give it a try. But before you do so, fetch a stock ROM of your devices version to go back eventually. For that you should use FlashTool and the integrated XPeriFirm

I had a lot of xperia phones and I played with them a lot when it comes to custom rom, I will unlock the bootloader first and I will try, anyway I will install the global version on it. It would be sad not to work, I still don't the phone arrived, come this week!!

Reactions: Berni-0815

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
I can't confirm anything that you're writing. I think the main problem is that you've tried to encrypt the device. It's unfortunateley a well known issue that encryprion is not working at all. And I think, this may cause your mentioned problems with that ROM.
I for myself am using los18.1 as my daily driver since months now and I'm very happy with that ROM!
Okay, I think that encryption is not the reason, because some things (like stuck boot animation loop) even occured at another, unencrypted try.
Maybe it has to do with the New Magisk (21.x) or I don't know. For now I stopped the trial, need to have it stable again with 14.1 :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all:

Here is a LineageOS 17.1 ROM for Z5 compact (suzuran).

Download 2023-07-27

This is a 7z archive with the zip'ed rom and the md5 file in it. Please unpack this archive, copy the included two files somewhere to your device, reboot into TWRP and flash this zip file. Enable md5sum checking. The zip file itself is not signed, so you have to disable zip verification.

Kernel sources
    Tree sources

Features:

• OS Version: 10.0 (Q)
    • Kernel: Linux 3.10
    • Kernel 3.10.108
    • New: Android security patch level: 5 February 2023
    • Using sony blob's from stock version 32.4.A.1.54
    • Memory issues finally fixed!
    • Battery consumption significantly reduced! For further reduction, please follow these instructions.
    • Google Pay does not give an error when starting the app. This does not mean, that payment is working. I can't test it, because I don't use this feature at all. Please report if it's working or not.
    • Updated aptX encoder blobs.
    • P2P-Crashes fixed.

Important informations:
    • You should be familiar with general installation of custom ROMs.
    • Required for installation: TWRP 3.2.1 (pick the version from 2018-02-23!!!) There is a version 3.2.3 out there, but with that version I had problems to restore my backups. 3.2.1 is just working perfect for me!
      OR use my self built TWRP-version 3.7.0!
    • This ROM needs a clean install, old /data may cause problems!
    • This ROM is NOT pre-rooted.
    • It is highly recommended that your device is running (or HAS RUN in the past!) the latest stock ROM from Sony (32.4.A.1.54) before flashing this ROM.
      Otherwise the baseband files may not match.

Working:
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera; both built-in camera (Snap) and 3-rd party camera apps.
      Snap may be a little bit laggy, please use 3-rd party camera app instead; for example OpenCamera. If you're running into errors, please report.
    • Enforced SELinux support (see attached screenshot)
    • Fingerprint
    • FM-Radio
    • GApps (pick this version: ARM64, 10.0, pico [tested])
    • German app AusweisApp2 working (see this post)
    • GPS
    • Headset
    • LiveDisplay (see attached screenshots)
    • Location services
    • Notification LED
    • Offline charging
    • Phone calls (see attached screenshot)
    • SafetyNet test passed successfully
    • Signed build
    • SMS
    • Torch
    • WiFi
    These things are NOT (or badly) working:
    • Camera focus at low distances.
    • Encryption
    • Payment
    • Streaming (mirroring)
    • VoLTE
    Maybe some more things are not working.

If you have problems with GApps:
    Sometimes the SetupWizard of GApps crashes on and on. Then you have to boot into TWRP, mount system, and go into terminal, where you have to delete SetupWizard (see screenshots):
    Code:
    cd /system/system/priv-app
    rm -rf SetupWizard
    Reboot.

Use this rom at your own risk! It comes without any warranty! I'm not responsible for any damage! If you don't agree with that, don't try to flash this rom in any way.

Benefits:

• Added F-Droid and UnifiedNLP! If you don't want this, simply de-install it.
    • I've set maximum speaker volume to a higher value.
    • I've increased microphone gain.
    • I've changed the microfone gain to avoid echo in phone calls.
    Changelog

Troubleshooting:

• If you're running into an error, please search in this thread if this error is already posted, before you post it again!
      If not, I need a LOG to see what went wrong. Without a LOG I can't help you!
      A LOG can be fetched by connecting the device with an USB cable to your PC and then by typing these commands line by line:
      Code:
      adb root
      adb shell logcat -b all -d > logcat
      Send my this LOG file via PM.
    • If you think this could be a SELinux related issue, please try to set the device to permissive mode first.
      If the issue is gone, I need the policy file too (plus LOG). Fetch it by typing this line in a terminal:
      Code:
      adb pull /sys/fs/selinux/policy
    • If you stuck in a bootloop you can fetch a LOG with this trick:
      • Press the power button and the volume up button together until the device shuts down.
      • HOLD the power button.
      • Release the volume up button and press the volume down button immediately after releasing the volmue up button.
      • The device should start into TWRP recovery.
      • Tap on "Advanced", then on "Terminal" and enter these commands line by line:
        Code:
        cd sys/fs/pstore
        cp * /sdcard
      • Send me the copied file(s), if any, via PM.
    New version out; see 1st post.
    New: Phone calls and SMS fully working! :good:
    New version out; see 1st post.
    • Android security patch level: 5 August 2020
    • Offline charging working
    • Notification LED working
    New version out; see 1st post. Some memory improvements. Device runs smooth without GApps and keeps quite cool and battery loss is low.
    But with GApps the device becomes unusable after quite short time.
    Very good! :good:

Next big thing is memory. The device freezes too fast and I have problems with OpenGApps. I can neither flash the rom and OpenGApps together nor the rom first and OpenGApps after full install. Everytime the device freezes down to zero... :eek:

Next version is on the way; stay tuned...