[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10][Q]LineageOS 17.1 for z5c (suzuran)

Search This thread

darkangel32

Mar 26, 2020
Dead Trigger 2 cant be installed with this rom, anyone else having the same issue? Obviously, the bootloader is unlocked, with a locked bootloader, lineageos wont start the phone.

Morfran

Feb 12, 2017
Are you talking about the audio book app? I have installed the app and can start it without any problems. However, since I don't have an account (and don't want to have an account!), I can't tell if the app will stop working when there is an account and some content is loading.

Not sure how I got that so wrong...

I think that I've sent you a private message with a link to a file.

Thanks,

Matt.

darkangel32

Mar 26, 2020
I've tried to download this game myself and I'm running into the same issue.
Analysing the LOG points to the fact like this is a problem of the used play store app itself and I'm unable to fix it!

Oh ok well its not a big thing really :) In general, does it mean having android 11 rom you can play games requiring more then nougat? I cant seem to install Genshin Impact due to compatibility issues, i think apps somehow see its a too old phone anyway?

Morfran

Feb 12, 2017
Fixed in latest version from May 15th. (see post above)
Confirmed, possibly the last obstacle to moving back to using the Z5C as a daily phone for me. Incidentally, I'm only using 17.1 because of the slow sdcard issue on 18.1, but is that something that's generally noticeable or a problem?

Thanks for the fix though, it's great.

Reactions: Berni-0815

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
With this latest update, some EdXposded/LSPosed modules (e.g. Xprivacylua) are not starting.
LOG's and policy please!

Once again! I can't help you when you're only saying x or y is not working without providing any LOG to verify that.
I can't test everything and I don't want to install every kind of software or app to test some unusual cases.

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
LOG's and policy please!

Once again! I can't help you when you're only saying x or y is not working without providing any LOG to verify that.
I can't test everything and I don't want to install every kind of software or app to test some unusual cases.
Sorry, but if you feel annoyed by a simple feedback, it is not my fault. I just report the behaviour of the ROM.
By the way, I found a workaround, which is quite strange: switching from LSPosed back to EdXposed module solved the problem for now. A while ago with an older new build, I needed to switch it the other way around, to make the system work like expected.

Berni-0815

Sep 22, 2016
Germany
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Sorry, but if you feel annoyed by a simple feedback, it is not my fault. I just report the behaviour of the ROM
You're right. And be sure, I'm not feeling annoyed! It's only my wish to help everyone asap, but I can't help in all circumstances, if I can't reproduce the software/app invironment.
That's why I'm always asking for LOG's, and, regarding SELinux issues, for your policy file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all:

Here is a LineageOS 17.1 ROM for Z5 compact (suzuran).

Download 2023-07-27

This is a 7z archive with the zip'ed rom and the md5 file in it. Please unpack this archive, copy the included two files somewhere to your device, reboot into TWRP and flash this zip file. Enable md5sum checking. The zip file itself is not signed, so you have to disable zip verification.

Kernel sources
    Tree sources

Features:

• OS Version: 10.0 (Q)
    • Kernel: Linux 3.10
    • Kernel 3.10.108
    • New: Android security patch level: 5 February 2023
    • Using sony blob's from stock version 32.4.A.1.54
    • Memory issues finally fixed!
    • Battery consumption significantly reduced! For further reduction, please follow these instructions.
    • Google Pay does not give an error when starting the app. This does not mean, that payment is working. I can't test it, because I don't use this feature at all. Please report if it's working or not.
    • Updated aptX encoder blobs.
    • P2P-Crashes fixed.

Important informations:
    • You should be familiar with general installation of custom ROMs.
    • Required for installation: TWRP 3.2.1 (pick the version from 2018-02-23!!!) There is a version 3.2.3 out there, but with that version I had problems to restore my backups. 3.2.1 is just working perfect for me!
      OR use my self built TWRP-version 3.7.0!
    • This ROM needs a clean install, old /data may cause problems!
    • This ROM is NOT pre-rooted.
    • It is highly recommended that your device is running (or HAS RUN in the past!) the latest stock ROM from Sony (32.4.A.1.54) before flashing this ROM.
      Otherwise the baseband files may not match.

Working:
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera; both built-in camera (Snap) and 3-rd party camera apps.
      Snap may be a little bit laggy, please use 3-rd party camera app instead; for example OpenCamera. If you're running into errors, please report.
    • Enforced SELinux support (see attached screenshot)
    • Fingerprint
    • FM-Radio
    • GApps (pick this version: ARM64, 10.0, pico [tested])
    • German app AusweisApp2 working (see this post)
    • GPS
    • Headset
    • LiveDisplay (see attached screenshots)
    • Location services
    • Notification LED
    • Offline charging
    • Phone calls (see attached screenshot)
    • SafetyNet test passed successfully
    • Signed build
    • SMS
    • Torch
    • WiFi
    These things are NOT (or badly) working:
    • Camera focus at low distances.
    • Encryption
    • Payment
    • Streaming (mirroring)
    • VoLTE
    Maybe some more things are not working.

If you have problems with GApps:
    Sometimes the SetupWizard of GApps crashes on and on. Then you have to boot into TWRP, mount system, and go into terminal, where you have to delete SetupWizard (see screenshots):
    Code:
    cd /system/system/priv-app
    rm -rf SetupWizard
    Reboot.

Use this rom at your own risk! It comes without any warranty! I'm not responsible for any damage! If you don't agree with that, don't try to flash this rom in any way.

Benefits:

• Added F-Droid and UnifiedNLP! If you don't want this, simply de-install it.
    • I've set maximum speaker volume to a higher value.
    • I've increased microphone gain.
    • I've changed the microfone gain to avoid echo in phone calls.
    Changelog

Troubleshooting:

• If you're running into an error, please search in this thread if this error is already posted, before you post it again!
      If not, I need a LOG to see what went wrong. Without a LOG I can't help you!
      A LOG can be fetched by connecting the device with an USB cable to your PC and then by typing these commands line by line:
      Code:
      adb root
      adb shell logcat -b all -d > logcat
      Send my this LOG file via PM.
    • If you think this could be a SELinux related issue, please try to set the device to permissive mode first.
      If the issue is gone, I need the policy file too (plus LOG). Fetch it by typing this line in a terminal:
      Code:
      adb pull /sys/fs/selinux/policy
    • If you stuck in a bootloop you can fetch a LOG with this trick:
      • Press the power button and the volume up button together until the device shuts down.
      • HOLD the power button.
      • Release the volume up button and press the volume down button immediately after releasing the volmue up button.
      • The device should start into TWRP recovery.
      • Tap on "Advanced", then on "Terminal" and enter these commands line by line:
        Code:
        cd sys/fs/pstore
        cp * /sdcard
      • Send me the copied file(s), if any, via PM.
    New version out; see 1st post.
    New: Phone calls and SMS fully working! :good:
    New version out; see 1st post.
    • Android security patch level: 5 August 2020
    • Offline charging working
    • Notification LED working
    New version out; see 1st post. Some memory improvements. Device runs smooth without GApps and keeps quite cool and battery loss is low.
    But with GApps the device becomes unusable after quite short time.
    Very good! :good:

Next big thing is memory. The device freezes too fast and I have problems with OpenGApps. I can neither flash the rom and OpenGApps together nor the rom first and OpenGApps after full install. Everytime the device freezes down to zero... :eek:

Next version is on the way; stay tuned...