• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10][Z01R] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

Rohan purohit

Mar 25, 2014
Pune
http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
/*
 * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
 * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
 * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
 * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
 * Same statement for XDA.
 */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android ten (q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS,)
  • Volte
  • Fingerprint
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Front camera
  • Camera
  • Camcorder
  • wide angle in gcam and asus camera
  • Video Playback
  • Audio
  • Double tap to wake
  • Sensors
  • Flash
  • LED
  • GPS with GNSS fix

Known issues:

• [*] Magisk does not work and causes reboot to bootloader or stuck at splash

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build , Gapps included
  • Download TWRP and flash it.
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Format Data if coming from stock as stock encrypts data and hence if not formatted you will end up in bootloop!
  • Flash the latest build (Do Remember that if current slot while flashing is Slot A then Lineage will be flashed Automatically to Slot B and vice versa. While pressing Reboot in Recovery it will automatically switch to Slot B/A where LOS is installed :) )
  • Flash TWRP Zip
  • Reboot to Recovery
  • Reboot

Downloads :lineage-17.1-20200227-UNOFFICIAL-Z01R.zip

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10][Z01R] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Asus Zenfone 5Z

Contributors
Rohan purohit, jackeagle
Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: WW-100.10.107.36 , do not flash on pie vendor
Based On: LineageOs

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 1

Created 2019-09-14
Last Updated 2020-02-27

AryanAA

May 13, 2017
Faridabad
Here are some screenshots for those curious :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190915-101759_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190915-101759_Settings.png
    170.3 KB · Views: 3,205
  • Screenshot_20190915-101820_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190915-101820_Settings.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 3,181
Reactions: Rumzie

marius33grd

May 5, 2015

New build - https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962585929

Changelog-
  • Does not include gapps use pie style of flashing to flash gapps
  • Bt audio fixed
  • Bt calling fixed
  • Some other fixes

Does not include gapps use pie style of flashing to flash gapps.
How to proceed?

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

Does not include gapps use pie style of flashing to flash gapps.
How to proceed?
error code 20
update - play protect certification device is not certified
- couldn t sign in

Last edited:

kelvin31

May 10, 2007
hello, my 5z default slot is B, I flashed twrp on slot A yesterday and boot loop after flash, boot failure several times
it auto jump to slot B again and I can boot into android finally but no twrp on slot B, so if I want to replace slot A, do I need set active_B and flash twrp, and then flash LineageOS due to "Do Remember that if current slot while flashing is Slot A then Lineage will be flashed Automatically to Slot B", the step is it correct??
thanks

chiplunkars

Sep 17, 2019
Default Phone App goes to speaker mode and does not switch to handset ear piece

@ Rohan,

Thanks for the build. I loaded lineageOS 17 build into my Asus Zenfone 5Z into slot A, however, after initial booting when I tried to restart the phone, the OS crashed, after three retries, it pushed me to factory reset and asked me to reconfigure it which I did. I had to do this exercise almost three times. Now the device is booting normally. I have one issue with the default phone / calling app. For both the outgoing / incoming calls, the phone goes into speaker mode and does not let me receive calls on handset. Only option it allows is connecting headphones. Can you help fix this? Is there an individual APK that I can install for this app alone to fix it may be????

Many Thanks.

amscova

Nov 22, 2014
OP says do not flash on Q vendor? Can someone clarify? Do I just unmount vendor before flash or?

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

hello, my 5z default slot is B, I flashed twrp on slot A yesterday and boot loop after flash, boot failure several times
it auto jump to slot B again and I can boot into android finally but no twrp on slot B, so if I want to replace slot A, do I need set active_B and flash twrp, and then flash LineageOS due to "Do Remember that if current slot while flashing is Slot A then Lineage will be flashed Automatically to Slot B", the step is it correct??
thanks
That is normal since you switched slots, flashed twrp.img and rebooted that same slot. It will bootloop because twrp replaced boot.img on that slot. You would have to set active the previous slot again, which is the one that boots. It happened to me too once where it switched slots by itself and booted fine.
Set active the slot that boots and then flash twrp to opposite slot. Boot into twrp and flash rom to the slot that boots android. Then flash twrp zip so twrp installs to both slots and you can rom and twrp on same slot. Just remember to set active the correct slot again or you could just keep boot looping.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.paulfasola.fr%2FCyanogenMod%2FLineageOS.png

Code:
    /*
     * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...). 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. 
     * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
     * Same statement for XDA.
     */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android ten (q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS,)
    • Volte
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Front camera
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • wide angle in gcam and asus camera
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Double tap to wake
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS with GNSS fix

Known issues:

• [*] Magisk does not work and causes reboot to bootloader or stuck at splash

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build , Gapps included
    • Download TWRP and flash it.
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format Data if coming from stock as stock encrypts data and hence if not formatted you will end up in bootloop!
    • Flash the latest build (Do Remember that if current slot while flashing is Slot A then Lineage will be flashed Automatically to Slot B and vice versa. While pressing Reboot in Recovery it will automatically switch to Slot B/A where LOS is installed :) )
    • Flash TWRP Zip
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Reboot

Downloads :lineage-17.1-20200227-UNOFFICIAL-Z01R.zip

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10][Z01R] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Asus Zenfone 5Z

Contributors
    Rohan purohit, jackeagle
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: WW-100.10.107.36 , do not flash on pie vendor
    Based On: LineageOs

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1

Created 2019-09-14
    Last Updated 2020-02-27
    Update

Link - https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962598243

Changelog:
    - under the hood fixes
    - synced to latest sources
    - picked open commits , some features still WIP
    Lineage 17.1 for Asus Zenfone 5z (Z01R) is UP!! :)

Download : lineage-17.1-20200227-UNOFFICIAL-Z01R.zip
    Changelog :
    • Updated to Asus Q Blobs
    • Merged with latest Asus Q Kernel Release
    • Based off Asus Q Vendor
    • Merged with Feb Security Update
    • Kernel Upstreamed to 4.9.206
    • Fixed some issues
    • Misc Changes

Important Notes :
    - Flash using Latest TWRP Release (Older TWRP will not work with this build)
    - DO NOT FLASH THIS BUILD ON PIE VENDOR! This build can only be flashed on Q Vendor
    - Do Not Flash Magisks as it will lead to stuck at splash or reboot to bootloader (Issue has been sent to Magisks Team)
    - Flash only on Q Vendor
    Congrats @Rohan purohit :D Awesome work buddy!!

Cheers!!

New build - https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1899786940962585929

Changelog-
    • Does not include gapps use pie style of flashing to flash gapps
    • Bt audio fixed
    • Bt calling fixed
    • Some other fixes