/* ** Your warranty is now void. ** ** We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, ** thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please ** do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM ** before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if ** you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. ** **/
Well... It is still possible. Galaxy SII running Android 11! I could have made this port sooner, but the lack of time stalled a bit. Thanks to @ChronoMonochrome who ported LOS 18.0 for S3 couple months ago still using kernel 3.0.101 (or optionally 3.4) it should also be possible to build it for S2. Building for i9100 isn't straight forward because of the major changes in the image creation routines (creating boot.img, etc for the installable zip). And the GCC compiler support of Kernel 3.0.101 is removed. After resolving these issues I got my first flashable zip! Then I needed to get manifest.xml properly. Thanks to Shivaay who helped me and I got it finally booting! It was horribly slow because of some internal changes in LMKD which our kernel doesn't support some features. The Settings-app crashes immediately leaving me unable to investigate. After reverting some patches in LMKD and things in framework/base it started to run like Android 10. I addressed the HAL's and got almost everything working in this ROM. Of course it isn't perfect and there will be bugs or instability. I'm no Samsung, just a DIY
For these builds you NEED ISOlated-RECovery because I had to eliminate the embedded (.cpio) ramdisk-images in zImage.
Upgrade from Samsung stock ROM using ODIN 3.07
1. Boot your phone into Download-mode (Volume down + Power/Standby + Home and hold for 10 seconds).
2. Start ODIN 3.07 on your PC.
3. Connect your phone via USB to your PC.
4. Press volume up on your phone, ODIN should detect your phone.
5. In ODIN:
Auto Reboot : unchecked
PIT : i9100-LOS-16.0-Emulated-Storage.pit
PDA : i9100-LOS-16.0-Emulated-Storage-TWRP-3.3.1-1.tar.md5
6. Press Start.
7. After succesful flash, reboot phone into Recovery:
- Press Volume up + Power/Standby + Home and hold for 10 seconds.
The phone shuts down.
- Repeat Press Volume up + Power/Standby + Home and hold for 10 seconds
Phone boots in recovery TWRP 3.3.1-1.
8. Swipe to Allow Modifications
9. In TWRP 3.3.1-1 you need to format partions
- Wipe -> Format Data -> Type [yes]
- Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select:
* Davik / ART Cache
* Non-emulated Storage
-> Swipe to Wipe
10. Install LOS-18 ( + optionally Gapps or MicroG)
To prevent "Uncryption unsuccessful" error of GAPPS at first start:
- Reboot to recovery and Wipe -> Format Data -> Type [yes] again
11. Boot System
DON'T INSTALL TWRP APP. This will cause bootloop!
12. For MicroG users:
You need manualy grant permissions via ADB to get things working properly.
These are the commands:
adb shell pm grant com.android.vending android.permission.FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE
adb shell pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.FAKE_PACKAGE_SIGNATURE
- Team Infusion
- LineageOS team
- and all prior developers that were working on this phone.
I hope I didn't missed someone, please let me know.
- Last but not least @channel48 which reviews custom ROMS from all kind of phones including my work on this ancient one
- RIL (Phone/SMS)
- Bluetooth (audio & headset)
- Camera Pictures
- Camera Videorecording
- Hardware encode/decoder
- DRM, for e.g. Netflix
- Selinux enforced
- Magisk v22.1
- FM Radio using Spirit2)
- TWRP 3.4.0-0
Not working/known issues:
- MicroG support
- Home-button not working while charging when phone is turned off. Use power-button
- Sometimes shutdown phone hangs (and draining your battery)
- Bluetooth headset connected via SCO
- HDMI (MHL) (support broken/removed since CM 10)