• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0] CarbonROM | cr-9.0 [Miatoll]

Search This thread

ntmohammad

Feb 19, 2012
Tehran
maybe never

Install Gcam like burial it works great for me :)

still have bugs but the rom is WIP still from carbon rom team i'll be fixing issues according to my free time.

- Use Gcam like burial it works for me
- charging is fast for me works as expected i jave joyeuse too
- dialer have that opcion and cancel too are here.
dialer not showing any call screen, so you can not end call. i have joyeuse

fbachofner

May 30, 2009
Seaside, CA
Hi @TeamMex

Excellent ROM!

One problem: No Ear speaker on calls

The speakerphone speaker is invoked, therefore "private" call can not be made without a headset. When invoking "speakerphone," the same speaker is used (although perhaps a little louder).

This is on miatoll (joyuese, specifically -- tried on 2 different units)

This issue seems to be plaguing a lot of ROMs based/derived from AOSP 11 / LOS 18.x

Please see my post in the LOS18.1 thread for the comparison "research" I undertook yesterday and today.

I hope you can address this soon.

Please advise if there is anything I can do to help (testing, for example -- I am not an Android developer).

Reactions: brabbit640

TeamMex

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
dialer not showing any call screen, so you can not end call. i have joyeuse

install google dialer.

Hi @TeamMex

Excellent ROM!

One problem: No Ear speaker on calls

The speakerphone speaker is invoked, therefore "private" call can not be made without a headset. When invoking "speakerphone," the same speaker is used (although perhaps a little louder).

This is on miatoll (joyuese, specifically -- tried on 2 different units)

This issue seems to be plaguing a lot of ROMs based/derived from AOSP 11 / LOS 18.x

Please see my post in the LOS18.1 thread for the comparison "research" I undertook yesterday and today.

I hope you can address this soon.

Please advise if there is anything I can do to help (testing, for example -- I am not an Android developer).

weird im not facing this issue on my device (i have joyeuse too)

xdadevelkl

Jun 13, 2014
Hello,

I've got a joyeuse device and had the latest MIUI 12 installed. I've unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP / OrangeFox recovery. Now I'm trying to install CarbonROM and NikGapps. Unfortunately, after flashing Carbon ROM, I am told that there is not sufficient space to install GApps.

In TWRP / Orange Fox there is no option to resize the /system partition so I am fully stuck in the installation process. Does anybody have a suggestion how I can install the Gapps after Carbon ROM?

Thanks a lot for your great work!

xiaomi_user

Sep 18, 2020
Hello, is the system being actively developed? I see there has been only one update since February. I would like to use it, but that scares me a bit.

Or otherwise, maybe I can support the project and build and release the image myself?

TeamMex

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Hello,

I've got a joyeuse device and had the latest MIUI 12 installed. I've unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP / OrangeFox recovery. Now I'm trying to install CarbonROM and NikGapps. Unfortunately, after flashing Carbon ROM, I am told that there is not sufficient space to install GApps.

In TWRP / Orange Fox there is no option to resize the /system partition so I am fully stuck in the installation process. Does anybody have a suggestion how I can install the Gapps after Carbon ROM?

Thanks a lot for your great work!
ill check the issue

Hello, is the system being actively developed? I see there has been only one update since February. I would like to use it, but that scares me a bit.

Or otherwise, maybe I can support the project and build and release the image myself?
was updated the last month

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    720p_7.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has addressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server and Telegram chat! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quick responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.
    5) Please keep bug reports to this thread or Discord.

Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Join the CarbonROM Telegram Group
    GitHub
    Kernel Source

BUGS:
    • You tell me.

DOWNLOADS:
    Miatoll Carbon Rom (CR-9)
    Changelog:

11/05/2021

• Last Carbon changes
    • Merge May sec patch
    • Add redfin's may fp
    • Switch to yuki iridium
    • bug fixes

09/02/2021
    • Switch to Yuki kernel lite (if u want the complete switch to the yuki kernel released separated)
    • removed wireguard from the kernel
    • implement schedtune for the camera (require kernel changes)
    • fixed some perf degradations
    • last carbon source
    • optimized camera (if u get any anx working camera should work as expected 48/64mpx)
    • adress some sepolicy denials

06/02/2021
    • Kernel rebased again over LA.UM9xxx
    • Switch to inline encrypt (format data required)
    • updated blobs
    • L1 DRM only works on curtana( all other's due to missing R firmware will stay on widevine L3 )
    • Fixed some perf regretions.
    • Last Carbon changes
    01/02/2021

21/01/2021
    • Added CarbonFibers
    • Added Radio FM
    • Latest Carbon source.

04/01/2021
    • Fixed media (OMX) issues (now youtube vids video recording etc works) due to missing gralloc bits 4.0
    • Configure navigation gestures as default
    31/12/2021
    • Fixed Vibrator
    • Fixed Bluetooth
    • userdebug
    • Address charger denials for Redmi note 9 pro (Joyeuse)
    • reverted advanced reboot and fetch xperience one (enable it from gestures menu)
    • Weekly mode now every week new build.

30/12/2021
    • Initial release in eng mode i'll building userdebug but will take some time
    @TeamMex Hi! Thanks for your work. Can you please link to the repository hosting the kernel source in the first post? Thanks!

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator
    Added.