• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][Dragon] LineageOS 18.1 [2021/08/18]

Search This thread

allbellerose

Oct 6, 2021
i am new to rom flashing so sorry if i'm not doing/explaining things properly. I am runnning into an issue; i can run twrp, the problem i have is in flashing lineageos. I get the error 28. so i searched and found that the usb port ot usb cable are supposed to be the problem. so i tried other cables, including the original one, different ports, then an old laptop running linux. always same error 28.
i tried sideloading, but it does not complete .

so i took the sd card out, put it in my other nokia x6, downloaded the files there from that phone, put the sd card back in... same.
tried different sd card, formated it first. redownloaded same.
tried from an old windows phone... same
tried in a chromebook.... same

so i tried the manual route (i'm not a programmer, but i know some basics)
unpacked the payload using python to flash it using adb. system partition is not big enough for partition.img, same for vendor.img, boot.img did flash
tried flashing the extracted img with twrp: system partition not big enough, same for vendor

edit: i also tried multiple versions of twrp

I think i have exhausted all i could find on the net, any help would be greatly appreciated!

edit2: the official method from linesge, now that it is supported, worked flawlessly. problem solved!

Last edited:

m3nda

Oct 22, 2014
I am interested about the "double tap to wake" feature. I want to know what is involved or needed to support it.

Currently running Lineage 18 in P8 Lite 2017 and wondering why there's no such feature, or how should I try to get into it.

Double tap to lock, in the other hand, only works from taskbar.
Custom App Launcher has tap to lock (which is faulty by design).

I had such double tap for on/off since my old LG K8 and I really miss it on every phone I've see later.

Regards.

allbellerose

Oct 6, 2021
I am interested about the "double tap to wake" feature. I want to know what is involved or needed to support it.

Currently running Lineage 18 in P8 Lite 2017 and wondering why there's no such feature, or how should I try to get into it.

Double tap to lock, in the other hand, only works from taskbar.
Custom App Launcher has tap to lock (which is faulty by design).

I had such double tap for on/off since my old LG K8 and I really miss it on every phone I've see later.

Regards.
you are in the nokia 6.1 plus tread, you should find the p8 lite tread if there is one

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    lineage.jpg

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Installation procedure

Note - I don't recommend to flash any other custom kernels on this rom just to avoid issues .

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * LineageOS & CO (For Source Code)
    * All the authors in my git sources
    * Nokia For kernel Source
    * Moderators (For Giving Freedom To Post Threads)
    * My entire Nokia 6.1 Plus community Thank you all for your massive support Again

Changelog Sat Apr 4 08:41:31 UTC 2020
    ===================================

1. Fixed bluetooth audio
    2. Fixed whatsapp video calls & remaining 3rd party app video calls
    3. Fixed mic bug in all 3rd party apps

Note - clean flash recommended

Changelog Tue Aug 18 14:07:58 UTC 2020
    ===============================

* Added OTA program you will receive on time updates
    * Flash OpenGapps for LineageOS & Resurrection remix
    * Build based on latest stable sources
    * Improved system stability
    * User interface enhancements
    * Google Security Patch 2020-08
    * Faceunlock support out of the box
    * Comes with BlackCaps kernel
    * Linux version 4.4.212
    * System blobs based on 4.15C
    * Vendor blobs based on 4.15C
    * Camera blobs based on 4.150
    * Updated fingerprint to August from coral
    * Redumped configurations from 4.15C/D dumps
    * Fixed low volume issues on 6+ (no issues for 7+ , 7.1 & 6.1)
    * Fixed usb tethering
    * Fixed network switch
    * Brought back plenty of network options like before (this really helps different zones/countries to select accordingly to their sim especially Newzealand, Australia , United Kingdom & California)
    * Updated power profile from stock 4.15C (DRG/CTL/PL2) 4.15D (B2N)
    * Updated usb configuration props from stock
    * Updated CarrierConfig from motorola Payton (latest stock rom)
    * Safety net passed out of the box
    * All banking apps will work

Changelog Sun Jun 7 14:08:44 UTC 2020

- Based on latest rom sources
    - Improved system stability
    - User interface enhancements
    - Google Security Patch 2020-05
    - sourcebuilt vendor.img
    - system blobs from FIH_00W-4150
    - vendor blobs from FIH_00W-4150