• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][gauguin] DotOS

Search This thread

Gazblade

Jan 7, 2009
yes, used geonatos twrp but the even newer official build works fine, looks like normal twrp too :p download it on the twrp site!
Thanks fizzy. I think I'll take the plunge this weekend. I used Arrow OS on my Mix 2s and it was superb - however with the current release of that apparently having problems at the moment with the 10t lite I'll give this distro a go. You tried both and come out on this side for the minute?

fizzy900

Thanks fizzy. I think I'll take the plunge this weekend. I used Arrow OS on my Mix 2s and it was superb - however with the current release of that apparently having problems at the moment with the 10t lite I'll give this distro a go. You tried both and come out on this side for the minute?
Yessir, arrow was updated and supposedly fixes those problems but honestly I prefer DotOS, everything works flawlessly and I've been using it on my daily driver since release :)

kamilq05

Feb 15, 2011
Is it possible to install any custom rom and have stock camera app from miui? I know that many people say that Gcam is better quality, but it doesn't matter much for me, because stock photo quality is enough for me.
I prefer app UI from stock camera app with functionality as stock app (cloning, pro mode, long exposure etc).
I will willingly install this rom, but I'm afraid of loss functionality of miui camera app :confused:
If I want a factory camera app, am I convicted to miui?

Gazblade

Jan 7, 2009
Yessir, arrow was updated and supposedly fixes those problems but honestly I prefer DotOS, everything works flawlessly and I've been using it on my daily driver since release :)
Ok. Interesting. I can't mount system or vendor in twrp or orangefox. To copy the zips over to install. I have done this before with a Xiaomi, but it is now required to have a sdcard? I know the system not being able to be mounted is due to encryption - or at least I'm guessing it is - but all I did was unlock bootloader, enable usb debugging, fastboot flashed trwp.img to recovery and all ok. Then unable to mount system. Have I missed something that I've been doing for years?

fizzy900

Ok. Interesting. I can't mount system or vendor in twrp or orangefox. To copy the zips over to install. I have done this before with a Xiaomi, but it is now required to have a sdcard? I know the system not being able to be mounted is due to encryption - or at least I'm guessing it is - but all I did was unlock bootloader, enable usb debugging, fastboot flashed trwp.img to recovery and all ok. Then unable to mount system. Have I missed something that I've been doing for years?
Hmmm I haven't got a clue, I used TWRP when installing etc. I flashed TWRP (coming from stock ROM, if anything flash the stock rom or download the vendors boot into fastboot and fastboot flash vendor vendor.img), then wipe, flash custom ROM, then format data and restart. Haven't had a problem with it.

Gazblade

Jan 7, 2009
Hmmm I haven't got a clue, I used TWRP when installing etc. I flashed TWRP (coming from stock ROM, if anything flash the stock rom or download the vendors boot into fastboot and fastboot flash vendor vendor.img), then wipe, flash custom ROM, then format data and restart. Haven't had a problem with it.
Hmmm. I'm not showing any storage under windows 10. Drivers are installed. When it's in fastboot it picks up

Have flashed - using wipe all and lock with latest global V12.0.9.0.QJSEUXM - which I think has just dropped today! -, then unlocked bootloader, then enabled usb debugging, then rebooted to fastboot, then flashed latest twrp, rebooted to recovery, can't swipe to unlock until power button pressed twice then I can unlock screen, and then system and vendor aren't being mounted and no device showing as detected in windows device manager.

Can wipe - or at least it says it does - data and internal storage in twrp, can format data, but no device showing in windows to copy rom zip file to allow twrp to install.

I even changed file storage to ext2, 4 and then back to fs.

"Unable to decrypt FBE device" when trying to fix contexts as well

In mount option System, Vendor and internal storage are both unselectable. Phone just isn't being detected by windows 10

fizzy900

Hmmm. I'm not showing any storage under windows 10. Drivers are installed. When it's in fastboot it picks up

Have flashed - using wipe all and lock with latest global V12.0.9.0.QJSEUXM - which I think has just dropped today! -, then unlocked bootloader, then enabled usb debugging, then rebooted to fastboot, then flashed latest twrp, rebooted to recovery, can't swipe to unlock until power button pressed twice then I can unlock screen, and then system and vendor aren't being mounted and no device showing as detected in windows device manager.

Can wipe - or at least it says it does - data and internal storage in twrp, can format data, but no device showing in windows to copy rom zip file to allow twrp to install.

In mount option System, Vendor and internal storage are both unselectable. Phone just isn't being detected by windows 10
Aaaah I think I get what you mean now, TWRP can't decrypt stock MIUI yet that's why the internal storage is showing as nothing. What you need to do is insert and SD card, then that'll be recognised and you can move to the new ROM :) And not being able to unlock until you turn off the screen a few times is just a bug!

Gazblade

Jan 7, 2009
Aaaah I think I get what you mean now, TWRP can't decrypt stock MIUI yet that's why the internal storage is showing as nothing. What you need to do is insert and SD card, then that'll be recognised and you can move to the new ROM :) And not being able to unlock until you turn off the screen a few times is just a bug!
I've ordered one that arrives tomorrow. SD card. Been making do without one for ages so it was time!!

_mysiak_

Apr 1, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite

Hotboot TWRP (fastboot boot twrp) and it will prompt for the password and decrypt data correctly. Also it's visible to a PC (ADB, MTP). If you boot to already flashed TWRP, it won't prompt for the password and won't decrypt the data.

Gazblade

Jan 7, 2009
Hotboot TWRP (fastboot boot twrp) and it will prompt for the password and decrypt data correctly. Also it's visible to a PC (ADB, MTP). If you boot to already flashed TWRP, it won't prompt for the password and won't decrypt the data.
Aaaah, thanks for that. But is that meaning that when I've rebooted after boot unlock I actually need to set a pin to encrypt before hotbooting with twrp? There won't be a password if I just go through the setup after unlocking and not set a pin so it won't ask for a a password and hence won't decrypt?

Gazblade

Jan 7, 2009
Enjoy! Also I've just tried flashing arrowOS again from dot using the official TWRP, which TWRP are you using? Geonatos TWRP or the normal one? The normal one gave me a failed to mount vendor error when I tried wiping but geonatos worked fine
Was using official. I'll give Geonatos' one a go. Thanks!

rafsteam

Jul 10, 2018
Just to put my 2 cents - flashed with OrangeFox Recovery and everything went smooth.

The only niggle with the rom is that SELinux is permissive - so not really that secure. You can stand on your head, do all the Magisk tricks, but some banking apps will never work.

Gazblade

Jan 7, 2009
Just to put my 2 cents - flashed with OrangeFox Recovery and everything went smooth.

The only niggle with the rom is that SELinux is permissive - so not really that secure. You can stand on your head, do all the Magisk tricks, but some banking apps will never work.
I've got to admit that the official update I flashed yesterday - using xiaomi flash tool and resetting everything - is a much better rom than the two released before . It's 12.0.9.0 QJSEUXM. Hell of a lot smoother. It's just all the xiaomi crap that I can't get rid of that is still doing my head in. I'll wait for th excellent devs to get around the SELinux stuff as my banking apps are actually the most important ones I use!!

Thanks though dev for your efforts and rom. I look forward to using it

fizzy900

I've got to admit that the official update I flashed yesterday - using xiaomi flash tool and resetting everything - is a much better rom than the two released before . It's 12.0.9.0 QJSEUXM. Hell of a lot smoother. It's just all the xiaomi crap that I can't get rid of that is still doing my head in. I'll wait for th excellent devs to get around the SELinux stuff as my banking apps are actually the most important ones I use!!

Thanks though dev for your efforts and rom. I look forward to using it
Serious? I might flash that now lol, I miss BT audio and some MIUI features :( Might go back to stock ROM and just root

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dotOS_banner-5.0.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version:

Device: gauguin

Maintainer: Adarsh Grewal

Build Status: Unofficial

banner_discl.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.

* We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 

* You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

banner_about.png

dotOS is an Android ROM which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of his/her device.....

banner_inst.png

CLEAN FLASH :

Download the latest build

Reboot to recovery

Make nandroid backup (Not Necessary)

Flash the latest build

Wipe data

Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :

Download the latest build

Reboot to recovery

Flash the latest build

Wipe Cache

Reboot

Note: GApps are included

banner_downlods.png

SourceForge

banner_features.png

Code:
    [LIST]

New and refreshed UI

New Customization app (previous named as DotExtras)

Accent Overlay & RGB Picker

Edge Lightning

Battery Styles

Battery Percentage Styles

Clock Customization

Traffic Indicator

Battery Light Customizations

QS Tiles title toggle

QS Tiles style toggle (AOSP & accent)

QS Rows & Columns Customization

New FOD Icon & Animation picker with previews

FOD recognition color picker

Screen-Off FOD

Automatically temporary disable night light while using FOD (toggle)

New Theme Manager

Overlays based Accent Picker

Material Palette Accent Picker

Smart Accent Picker (find automatically proper shade of accent for the other theme; if you apply custom accent for dark theme, press Smart Accent Picker and it will find a good shade to use for light theme and vice-versa)

Fonts, Icon Packs and Icon Shapes picker

Other Extra Features

Hold power to torch

Double tap on statusbar and lockscreen to sleep

Double tap while sleeping to open doze (ambient display)

Quick Screenshot (3 fingers gesture)

Volume Panel position switch (right or left)

Navigation bar pill size customization (hide, stock, medium, large)

Pocket Mode - avoid scree touches while the phone is in your pocket

Use Biometrics on first boot (unavailable for encrypted users)

Lockscreen Media toggle

Built-in Launcher Grid control

MicroG support

[CENTER]

[/LIST]

banner_credits.png

DotOSteam

AOSP

Pixel Experience

Dirty Unicorns

And all other open source Devs/Teams.

banner_team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer

Sam Grande - UI Developer/Project Co-ordinator

Iacob Ionut - UI, UX Developer/ Core Developer

Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Shreehari Vaasistha L - Developer/Maintainer

Special thanks:

Aswin
    - Graphics Designer

ShreeJoy - Web Backend Developer

Manish Bajpai - Web Frontend Developer[/SIZE]

Important Links

Liked The ROM? Want to Help Us? Then gift us some credits

banner_sources.png

dot OS source

dotOS-Device Sources

telegram.png

Telegram Group

Telegram Channel

web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!

for more READ THIS

and do not forget to send it to us 😜

header_logo_50.png

XDA DevDB Information

dotOS, ROM for gauguin

Contributors: Adarsh Grewal

Source Code: https://github.com/DotOS

This project for now uses prebuilt kernel

Kernel Source:
    : https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.3.0...NGlobal_V12.0.3.0.QJSINXM_65006956d6_10.0.zip

ROM OS Version: 11.x Android R

ROM Kernel: 4.19

ROM Firmware Required: Must be On latest Stable Firmware

Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Current Stable Version:
    v5.0​
    If anyone flashed it - any bugs apart mentioned brightness settings? Would SOT time be better than MIUI.EU? Also - if it is Google Play certified or do you have to play with rooting & flashing things trough Magisk?
    Google play certified, magisk works fine too. Brightness settings are fine its just its logarithmic so most of the change happens in the highest 10% of the slider. SOT is great too, I'm getting the same if not more battery life out of these roms (arrow and dot)
    Yep fizzy. Much much better in smoothness and responsiveness. I used to have delayed touch timing issues with 12.0.8.0 - big time. They've been ironed out. Also the 120 refresh is a lot smoother - on the older rom it seemed that it wasn't even using it. Battery seems to be down, although I haven't had it on for 24 hours yet so not sure
    Yeah just flashed and I'm already sick of it lol, back to dot we go :/