• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][ I9300 ][ LineageOS 18.1 ][BETA][TREBLELIZED]

Search This thread

SethGeckoXDA

Feb 19, 2017
Nice work!

WiFi does not work on my device (network: WPA2 + WPA3): it saves the network but is not able to connect to it. I think a possible fix for this is adding a WiFi overlay and disabling the WPA2 -> WPA3 upgrade as I mentionend in the other thread. rINanDO has already added the overlay for his i9100 build (which seemed to work). I'm not sure if he has also applied the patch for i9300 as well, but maybe this fixes the issue.

Reactions: html6405

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Nice work!

WiFi does not work on my device (network: WPA2 + WPA3): it saves the network but is not able to connect to it. I think a possible fix for this is adding a WiFi overlay and disabling the WPA2 -> WPA3 upgrade as I mentionend in the other thread. rINanDO has already added the overlay for his i9100 build (which seemed to work). I'm not sure if he has also applied the patch for i9300 as well, but maybe this fixes the issue.
Hi, we can try this fix, it will be in the next update, thx.

Reactions: SethGeckoXDA

aleks04.12

Jul 22, 2021
Good job .
I don't have gps working in my region on my device . I wanted to add a gps.conf file . But after unpacking the rom, I did not find this file .After adding the file, I packed it with Jancox Tool Unpack Repack ROM. But the Rom does not start . How can I add a gps.conf file ? Forgive me for my English.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Last edited:

aleks04.12

Jul 22, 2021
I tested the Rom today . At night, I forgot to turn off the wifi and, lo and behold, the battery was only 10 percent thin. However, there are some disadvantages . The access point does not work , my computer does not see this point. And there is still no shortcut in the provadodnik when connected via usb, although the phone is determined in the usroystv. You have to turn on the recovery mode and then transfer files.And so the Rom is very good.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
At night, I forgot to turn off the wifi and, lo and behold, the battery was only 10 percent thin
Hmm I never turn off wifi, Android 11 is handling the sleep mode and wifi very well (better then previous versions),
But after the first installation, there are many processes in the background.
The access point does not work , my computer does not see this point.
Yes, this is still on the list.
You have to turn on the recovery mode and then transfer files.And so the Rom is very good.
If there's no shortcut you just have to open the settings, connected devices and choose file transfere.

aleks04.12

Jul 22, 2021
Хм, я никогда не выключаю Wi-Fi, Android 11 очень хорошо справляется со спящим режимом и Wi-Fi (лучше, чем предыдущие версии).,
Но после первой установки в фоновом режиме происходит много процессов.

Да, это все еще в списке.

Если нет кратчайшего пути вы просто н
Why then does the computer see the phone on the native 4.3 ROM and the files can be safely transferred, and there is no lineage os no matter how many assemblies I put, none sees the phone . Only in recovery mode

irmas5

Why then does the computer see the phone on the native 4.3 ROM and the files can be safely transferred, and there is no lineage os no matter how many assemblies I put, none sees the phone . Only in recovery mode
Connect phone via USB cable to computer. Then go settings, developers options, scroll down until you see default usb configuration. Click and should see transfer files.

Reactions: adfree

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the advice, not installing gapps seems to have fixed my problem. My I9300 has not been so fluid for years. Even with CRDroid 7 my phone didn't work as well as now.

Why are gapps interfering so much with stability ? Is it a RAM problem ?

I didn't try MicroG so far as I used an alternative to Google Play but I will check that.
    RAM could be a problem as SGS3 only has 1 GB of RAM. But the main problem lies with the GApps itself. See, Google Play Services is one of the main culprits of slowing down an old phone. On an average phone, Google Play Services is one of the most resource hogging applications as takes up storage space of about 300 MB to 1-2 GB and it constantly runs in the background taking up about 80- 150 MB on RAM. And the Google app itself takes about 300-500 MB space and runs in the background 50-100 MB RAM. You cannot even stop it because after some time, when you check the running processes, it's still there!
    Google is mainly known for the collection of its users' data. 80% of Alphabet.Inc's revenue (Google's parent company) is from advertisements and from collecting users' data. This also kinda explains why Google Play services always runs in the background. And the more Google apps you put, the more it runs in the background.
    Update 21.09.2021:
    • Fixed telephony issue which appeared in the last update
    But I gotta appreciate you for updating this ROM very frequently.
    I do what I can, my spare time is limited and I'm maintaining 10 devices, there's always something todo ;).
    Hi, I tested out the ROM, and it was very smooth, smooth meaning it was the smoothest Alpha stage ROM I've ever tested out. Not sure if this can be counted as a bug, but I'll still write it below. I can select the ringtone and hear the preview for the first 2 times or so, but when I try to select again, the pop-up freezes and then shows the message, "Sounds isn't responding". This gets fixed when restarting, so I'm fine with that. And another thing, did you remove the touchscreen gestures for compatibility issues or are you still working on it? Or is it not working just for me? I have posted a screen record below. Other than all this, this is one of the best ROMs I've ever tried. I really appreciate you for your hardwork :) .

Hi, I tested out the ROM, and it was very smooth, smooth meaning it was the smoothest Alpha stage ROM I've ever tested out. Not sure if this can be counted as a bug, but I'll still write it below. I can select the ringtone and hear the preview for the first 2 times or so, but when I try to select again, the pop-up freezes and then shows the message, "Sounds isn't responding"
    Hi,
    really strange, I've tested this and it does not happen on my device, I can select the ringtone as many times as I want.
    And another thing, did you remove the touchscreen gestures for compatibility issues or are you still working on it? Or is it not working just for me?
    This happens because this device does not has an stylus.
    The touchscreen gestures are explicit for the note models.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version of LineageOS 18.1 for our Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300).
    At first I want to thank @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work.
    This Rom is based on https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unofficial-11-0-0-lineageos-18-0-alpha-20-10-2020.4179303/ .

This is a early beta build, so don't install it if you want a stable rom and don't report my already listed bugs!

Here you can see how far everything is working for now.

• Boot
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Cameras
    • Sensors
    • Wifi
    • GPS
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • Tethering via USB
    • RIL
    • OTA-Updates
    • GSI flash
    • NFC
    • much more...
    • Tethering via WIFI and Bluetooth
    • BT headset call
    • Screen Cast, Chromecast did work, Samsung TV not
    • Random reboots
    • SD-Card can't be formatted as a storage expansion, your device will crash
    • Maybe more
    You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /vendor/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    here you can download them:
    Open Gapps
    For the others, you can use microG in future.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.x][I9300][BETA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.5.2
    Based On: LineageOS
    Selinux: permissive, this only makes sense as soon the ROM is stable.

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2021-07-05
    Last Updated 2021-09-22
    Update 06.07.2021:
    • Changed menu button behavior to better support AOSP
    • WIFI and RIL fixes for AOSP
    Now you can flash your first GSI on your Samsung Galaxy SIII.

This update will be available via AFH and OTA.
    Update 24.07.2021:
    Via OTA and AFH.
    Update 15.07.2021:
    • Included permissions for signature spoofing
    • Disabled wallpaper zoom ( lowered max scale for the wallpaper when it's zoomed in )
    • Inserted parted for repartitioning, this will be necessary for most GSI's in future (just a single process, it will persist).
    • Inserted a fixgsi script, with this we are able to boot up most android 11 GSI's (but most of them will not be stable without my patches).
    Via OTA and AFH.
    If you're interested in flashing your first GSI, follow this thread: