Hi,Hi, I tested out the ROM, and it was very smooth, smooth meaning it was the smoothest Alpha stage ROM I've ever tested out. Not sure if this can be counted as a bug, but I'll still write it below. I can select the ringtone and hear the preview for the first 2 times or so, but when I try to select again, the pop-up freezes and then shows the message, "Sounds isn't responding"
This happens because this device does not has an stylus.
I use open GAPPS pico 11. As for apps, quite basic ones, a few browsers, a few cleaners, there are a few VPNs also. I have way more apps on the tablet that works well with Lineage 18 than I have on the Galaxy S3.
[ril.product_code]: [GT-I9300RWXDBT] [ro.product.model]: [GT-I9300] [ro.product.odm.model]: [GT-I9300] [ro.product.product.model]: [GT-I9300] [ro.product.system.model]: [GT-I9300] [ro.product.system_ext.model]: [GT-I9300] [ro.product.vendor.model]: [GT-I9300] [ro.vendor.product.model]: [GT-I9300]
settings get global device_name settings put global device_name SM-R860
Does it crash if you do not install gapps?
I suggest you to try MicroG instead. Here's a link to get you started
Hi,Thanks for reporting this, @wilk.gr76! That encouraged me to try it on an i9305.
It's working pretty well on the i9305. I had expected more glitches. Installation (clean flash) of build 20210922 went smoothly - just modified updater-script to add i9305 to the assert command (could also just delete the assert command). My observations:
- Performance: seems OK - isn't noticeably different from same device with 16.0. [this device has 2G memory, and I haven't installed Gapps or MicroG]
- Random reboots: I haven't seen any yet (two days since install).
- Wifi is working, but can't establish a connection to a dual-band 2.4GHz+5GHz network, even with random MAC addressing turned on. It connects to single-band 2.4GHz or 5GHz networks, and the connection is stable with either. Note: with LOS 16.0, it could connect to the dual-band network.
- Hardware navbar (including Home) not working. On-screen navbar works.
- Sensors: DevCheck app can see all sensors, and they all seem active.
- GPS isn't working.
- Screen rotation isn't working properly - the angle of rotation is 180 degrees out (display is upside-down) if allowed to rotate.
- Camera works with the camera app that came with this build, except that the image orientation is 180 degrees out.
- Audio: speaker works, but max volume is low.
- Bluetooth is working with a BT headset and BT speaker. Volume range is reasonable.
- Telephony: I haven't tested yet.
Thanks @html6405. I tried it just to see what would happen. I'm not depending on the device as a daily drive, so if it had not worked at all it wouldn't have mattered. I am surprised at what does work, and not at all surprised by the bits that don't.Hi,
thx for your testing's, but I wan't to mention that this build is not meant to be installed on an i9305.
There are some hardware specific differences, this is why GPS, RIL couldn't work on this device.
The screen rotation is normal on my i9300, so I'm not sure if this is also a hardware specific aspect.
But I'm working on the LTE devices, it's not really easy to fix the RIL on Android 11, but I've already made some progress and hope to fix it completely soon.
Than I could publish an own build for the i9305.
Thanks for reporting this, @wilk.gr76! That encouraged me to try it on an i9305.I flashed this to my SHV-E210S, which is identical to the i9305, with the addition of the digital TV tuner. I'm very impressed to see this running, here's what I found:
It is a little on the slow side, but it is like a decade old now, so I really can't fault it for that. Haven't run into any other issues and I'm very impressed that this is running on the S3.
- I did have to modify the install script to get it to install on this model. If you do want to add 'official' support in the installer, the model code is `m3`.
- It wouldn't connect to a WiFi network, and it showed up as having the MAC address of 00:00:00:00:00:00. Setting it to use randomised MAC addresses allows it to connect. I did upgrade from an Android 9 rom (clean install), so I'm guessing something happened with that and that it would be fine if I had installed stock ROM first.
- Camera doesn't seem to work. OpenCamera does recognise the camera, but doesn't seem to be able to open it or use the flash. Not a big deal, as it is an S3.
- Adaptive brightness works fine
- No random restarts yet.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * */