[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][ I9300 ][ LineageOS 18.1 ][BETA][TREBLELIZED]

Search This thread

ruach13

Sep 13, 2015
Excited to have a working Android 11 ROM for the S3; thanks very much for this!

I have a question about the wi-fi...I'm able to connect and browse using a mobile hotspot, but get the "connected, no internet" error on home wifi (dual band).

I've gone through the forum and read about the wifi overlay fix that was implemented, but I don't think it addresses my problem. Any suggestions for how i can get wifi to work on a dual band set up? (I can't change any of the router/modem settings as it's not up to me.)

Edited: Solved the problem by using Static IP...on to more testing!

Last edited:

Default Life

Nov 8, 2021
Hello
I have a promlem i installed "twrp-3.5.2_9-1-i9300.img" with odin, then i installed "lineage-18.1-20210922-HTML6405-i9300" from sd card, after reset Lineage OS boot animation keep looping.
I was using LineageOS 14.1 Android 7.1.2. with twrp-3.2.3-0. Why i cant use this, what am i doing wrong :(

Edit : i made it with twrp-3.2.3-0 now downloading 484mb update i hope its work.

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
Hello
I have a promlem i installed "twrp-3.5.2_9-1-i9300.img" with odin, then i installed "lineage-18.1-20210922-HTML6405-i9300" from sd card, after reset Lineage OS boot animation keep looping.
I was using LineageOS 14.1 Android 7.1.2. with twrp-3.2.3-0. Why i cant use this, what am i doing wrong :(

Edit : i made it with twrp-3.2.3-0 now downloading 484mb update i hope its work.
Hi,
did you do a clean installation?

Default Life

Nov 8, 2021
Hi,
did you do a clean installation?
Ok i will try again.
Which ones should I clean? Dalvik / ART , Cache, System , Data , internal storage
Also in Lineage Os updates section I did a 484mb update. But it says 484mb update again.
Should i make it a or is it the same?
I will install this Gapps version ARM 11.0 pico, There is no problem, right?

Default Life

Nov 8, 2021
Theoretically a factory reset and system wipe should be enough.

Just compare the date in the updater app, but it will be the same.
I succeeded, you were right, it was my incompetence.
Unfortunately the power button went in. I can barely open the phone. I will try to use it like this . Im sorry i regret your effort.

html6405

Recognized Developer
I succeeded, you were right, it was my incompetence.
Unfortunately the power button went in. I can barely open the phone. I will try to use it like this . Im sorry i regret your effort.
Everything is ok :), i don't ment this in any way rude.
Hmm the power buttons are a real weak spot, I had to replace mine already more than once.

rodrotterdam

Mar 3, 2014
rotterdam
how to fix this ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211109-064151_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211109-064151_Settings.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 23

SethGeckoXDA

Feb 19, 2017
Unfortunately, it is not working yet. I have tested the following router settings:

- WPA disabled: Works.
- WPA + WPA2: Works.
- WPA2 + WPA3: Refuses connection.

To catch up on this: I have just installed your newest build (09.11.2021), and it now connects properly to my Wi-Fi even though my router is set to WPA2 + WPA3 (including dual-band 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz). Nice!

InTheY2K

Oct 20, 2017
Tønder
hundebetten.shop
I've been using the LOS 18.1 by rINanDO so far but this ROM doesn't recognize any SIM cards. I don't know if it's a problem with the ROM or with my phone. Hence I thought I might give this ROM here a shot.

Does anybody know this ROM (https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=324663) as there doesn't seem to be a discussion thread about it on XDA? Plus, it doesn't look like it's being updated anymore. The last version is from September, 13.

I'll try this ROM here then and report back. Thank you for keeping the SIII alive.

Cheers,
Sascha

Reactions: html6405

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version of LineageOS 18.1 for our Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300).
    At first I want to thank @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work.
    This Rom is based on https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-unofficial-11-0-0-lineageos-18-0-alpha-20-10-2020.4179303/ .

This is a early beta build, so don't install it if you want a stable rom and don't report my already listed bugs!

Here you can see how far everything is working for now.

• Boot
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Cameras
    • Sensors
    • Wifi
    • GPS
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • Tethering via USB
    • RIL
    • OTA-Updates
    • GSI flash
    • NFC
    • Tethering via WIFI and Bluetooth
    • much more...
    • BT headset call
    • Screen Cast, Chromecast did work, Samsung TV not
    • Random reboots
    • SD-Card can't be formatted as a storage expansion, your device will crash
    • Maybe more
    You could use a gps.conf from https://app.box.com/s/w57s1v1n3hie7l5lk28i for your location and replace /vendor/etc/gps.conf.
    Or you try GPS Server Optimizer app for a faster 3D fix.
    For both methods you need root rights.
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    here you can download them:
    Open Gapps
    For the others, you can use microG in future.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

donate

Wanna improve your sound configs, control your charging current and more?
    Now you can use my app to access all boeffla configurations, there will follow more functions.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.x][I9300][BETA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S3

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.5.2
    Based On: LineageOS
    Selinux: permissive, this only makes sense as soon the ROM is stable.

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2021-07-05
    Last Updated 2022-04-20
    Update 06.07.2021:
    • Changed menu button behavior to better support AOSP
    • WIFI and RIL fixes for AOSP
    Now you can flash your first GSI on your Samsung Galaxy SIII.

This update will be available via AFH and OTA.
    hi

Are you trying to build Android 12?
    Chrono contacted me, his S3 is broken, so I will publish an Android 12 build in January :).
    Update 20.04.2022:
    • Synced with LineageOS sources
    • Created possibility to disable the HW navigation keys (not really needed for full gesture navigation)
    • Fixed shutdown bug (device restarted sometimes instead)
    • Re-Implemented and enabled boeffla sound, here you can download my app to configure boeffla sound and charging current, much more in future: Exynos4 Kernel Manager
    • If not new problems appear, this will be the final version, I have to concentrate more on A12.
    Update 10.12.2021:
    • Fixed tethering
    • Fixed wifi mac adress in settings
    • Some tweaks
    • Fixed NetGuard support in Kernel
    • Disabled WPA3 in RRO overlay
    • Introduced new possibility to enable / disable the software navbar, this is needed to use Android 10 / 11 touchscreen gestures.
      To enable / disable it do the following:
      adb shell
      su
      setprop toggle_navbar true (also for disabling)
      (You can also use a terminal emulator)
    • Enabled default gesture navigation (you can use my toggle_navbar script to modify it)
    • Enabled 1704 MHz if you wan't to overclock (I will leave 1600 MHz as common)
    • Enabled dex preopt
    • Partly fixed USB mode selection, just reconnect the device to make it active or wait long enough
    • Synced with latest LineageOS sources