[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][ I9305 ][ LineageOS 18.1 ][BETA][TREBLELIZED]

Search This thread

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
HTC 10
Hi, Thank you @html6405 !
I have just installed two days ago your Rom on my proud i9305, it seemed to be stable... but not fully stable, however.
And unstability seemed to begin to be worse as soon as I put my sim card inside my phone (to be confirmed, though : I began to test with my sim only two hours ago).
Can you describe your setup? Eg, did you install gapps? If so, which package? Have you rooted the device?
First question : where can I find the /proc/last_kmsg file ? I am unable to locate it, and my search over the net is a fail :(
You won't be able to see the /proc folder - which is in the 'real' root folder - unless you have root access.

If you haven't rooted the device, check that rooted debugging is enabled (in Settings > System > Developer options), connect the device to a PC with adb, and do "adb shell". This should show a "#" prompt to indicate you have root access. "ls /proc/last_kmsg" should then list the file.

I don't have any suggestions about the stability and SIM problems - I have not seen these issues with my i9305 running the latest version of this ROM.

fyeungsy

Mar 13, 2022
Hi, Thank you @html6405 !
I have just installed two days ago your Rom on my proud i9305, it seemed to be stable... but not fully stable, however.
And unstability seemed to begin to be worse as soon as I put my sim card inside my phone (to be confirmed, though : I began to test with my sim only two hours ago).

First question : where can I find the /proc/last_kmsg file ? I am unable to locate it, and my search over the net is a fail :(

Here are the problems I noticed at this time
- Very often, in the setiings, a press on some menus shows a blank page then phone return to home screen, and/or the search is not functional in the settings. I can workaround generally by closing all the apps in the background, and then coming back in the settings.
- Random reboot after pairing with bluetooth headset then opening Firefox (not reproductible)
- At two times, I lost completely the signal from my phone provider (with a "x" appearing at the right of the "triangle" that show the strengthness of th mobile signal). No other choice than rebooting to recover the signal :(
- While hearing to my voice messages, the phone app just remained with its blue splash screen during call, without any text or buttons. I could hear my messages being "speeched", but everything in the phone was freezed : no other choice than hard reboot.

I still give it a chance, but if these problems occurs too often, I will have no other choice than coming back to my old Lineage 14.1.

Just in case of : on my Lineage 14.1, I managed to deal with frequent reboot by putting the cpu governor at "Performance", maybe it could worth trying it for your rom ? (I can't try now because I am not sure about how to root my device "securely", it seems to be harder than it was with addonsu :(

Thank you !
I suggest you use Android 12L.

I believe it is more stable than Android 11.

Reactions: djyahoo and lpedia

djyahoo

Jul 10, 2021
Can you describe your setup? Eg, did you install gapps? If so, which package? Have you rooted the device?

You won't be able to see the /proc folder - which is in the 'real' root folder - unless you have root access.

If you haven't rooted the device, check that rooted debugging is enabled (in Settings > System > Developer options), connect the device to a PC with adb, and do "adb shell". This should show a "#" prompt to indicate you have root access. "ls /proc/last_kmsg" should then list the file.

I don't have any suggestions about the stability and SIM problems - I have not seen these issues with my i9305 running the latest version of this ROM.
Thank you, and good news : since my post, I thought it strange to be the only guy to report this kind of problem. So I assumed my sim card could be the "spof". After cleaning it, I can say that the ROM is much more stable : no freeze or reboot for about 18 hours now :) So there is probably an "improvable" exception management to be done in the case the sim card is "hot ejected".

So, to be short, for next people reading this for stability problems (freezes, reboot...) : check if your sim card or sim slot is OK !

I installed GApps "open_gapps-arm-11.0-nano-20220215", and no root with this rom, as I am not sure about the process with magisk AND not sure about my real needs of apps using root privilege.

Thank you for the tip with "root debugging" ! I wasn't aware of this, as my previopus Lineage was rooted I never had to deal with root debug mode.

djyahoo

Jul 10, 2021
I suggest you use Android 12L.

I believe it is more stable than Android 11.

Arglllll I missed this one :)
Pffff... I just spent hours installing, testing, moving my datas and conf.
I will give a chance to this version 12. Thank you for quoting it !

html6405

Recognized Developer
Update 20.04.2022:
  • Synced with LineageOS sources
  • Created possibility to disable the HW navigation keys (not really needed for full gesture navigation)
  • Fixed shutdown bug (device restarted sometimes instead)
  • Re-Implemented and enabled boeffla sound, here you can download my app to configure boeffla sound and charging current, much more in future: Exynos4 Kernel Manager
  • If not new problems appear, this will be the final version, I have to concentrate more on A12.

Last edited:

djyahoo

Jul 10, 2021
Update 20.04.2022:
  • Synced with LineageOS sources
  • Created possibility to disable the HW navigation keys (not really needed for full gesture navigation)
  • Fixed shutdown bug (device restarted sometimes instead)
  • Re-Implemented and enabled boeffla sound, here you can download my app to configure boeffla sound and charging current, much more in future: Exynos4 Kernel Manager
  • If not new problems appear, this will be the final version, I have to concentrate more on A12.

This update is on the way for me, thank you very much again @html6405 . No problem during update process, I will let you know if ever there were a problem during use.

Reactions: html6405

djyahoo

Jul 10, 2021
Oups... after 2 hours while my phone was laying on the table, it appears that I couldn't wake it up : no reaction by pressing any button, except the hard button lights. I had to hard reset (long press on power). Information : the device was warm t its back... sign that it probably was doing something quite heavy ?

I would like to share my /proc/last_kmsg file but... there is no such file in this folder (I am logged in as root via adb, and I can go into /proc).

html6405

Recognized Developer
Oups... after 2 hours while my phone was laying on the table, it appears that I couldn't wake it up : no reaction by pressing any button, except the hard button lights. I had to hard reset (long press on power). Information : the device was warm t its back... sign that it probably was doing something quite heavy ?

I would like to share my /proc/last_kmsg file but... there is no such file in this folder (I am logged in as root via adb, and I can go into /proc).
Hmm the last_kmsg is not available if the kernel doesn't crash,
hard to say what happened.

djyahoo

Jul 10, 2021
Thank you for your reply @html6405.
After having given it a try for some hours, this version of the rom (20.04.2022) is not usable at all for me. The device begins to be severely slow in only some dozen of minutes after reboot, without any particular activity.
I tried to wipe cache/dalvik cache, it is not better.

I have taken the logcat, I gonna send it to you by private message if you don't mind (as I am not sure if it could contains some sensitive information...).

Just one thing : I installed this new version as an update from the previous one (just by clearing cache/dalvik cache in twrp, and then installing the zip image). Do you think it could worth to clean install it (with factory reset + wipe cache/dalvik/data/system...) ?

To conclude, unfortunately I have no other choice than restoring my TWRP backup with the previous version, which is much more stable.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Thank you for your reply @html6405.
After having given it a try for some hours, this version of the rom (20.04.2022) is not usable at all for me. The device begins to be severely slow in only some dozen of minutes after reboot, without any particular activity.
I tried to wipe cache/dalvik cache, it is not better.

I have taken the logcat, I gonna send it to you by private message if you don't mind (as I am not sure if it could contains some sensitive information...).

Just one thing : I installed this new version as an update from the previous one (just by clearing cache/dalvik cache in twrp, and then installing the zip image). Do you think it could worth to clean install it (with factory reset + wipe cache/dalvik/data/system...) ?

To conclude, unfortunately I have no other choice than restoring my TWRP backup with the previous version, which is much more stable.
Replied already :).

djyahoo

Jul 10, 2021
Update 16:34 : I thought I had re-installed the lineage-18.1-20220222-HTML6405-i9305.zip, but actually I notice that I clean reinstalled the last version of the rom by mistake (lineage-18.1-20220420-HTML6405-i9305.zip) and it's cool for me this time - except some drops on mobile connexion (and even one loss of the sim connection, impliying me to reboot) : I will comment this later.

So I assume that my lags with the last version had been caused by the update from the previous version 2220222 to 20220420 (not a clean install).
After this fail, please note that I fresh installed the 20220420 with Mindthegapps and the choice to let Google bring back all my data and app at the first boot / first setup wizard. As a result I noticed that I was totally unable to get a mobile data connection (the radio button for APN didn't persist across reboot, moreover).
So after this second fail, I fresh installed again the 20220420 with GApps pico and a minimal first setup at first boot. And her I am now.

I share one tip : there is an annoying behaviour, in which when you use the keyboard to access some specials characters (?, !...) by "long press a key near the bottom of the screen", there is a conflict with androïd behaviour. So instead of your keyboard displaying the special chars available while swipping up, Androïd show you the recent apps...

To workaround this :
1) In settings, menu "System" / " Buttons" : ENABLE "enable navigation bar on screen". This make visible a new menu in step 2 below.
2) Menu "System" / "Gesture" / "System navigation" : tick "3 buttons navigation"
3) Back to "System" / " Buttons" : DISABLE "enable navigation bar on screen".

For me this bug is related to the change "Created possibility to disable the HW navigation keys (not really needed for full gesture navigation)".

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

djyahoo

Jul 10, 2021
One quick question to all : don't you have problems with TWRP restore ? For me it doesn't work at all with any of my backups :( It says "Failed" on "system image", with no other kind of error message... Is there any version of TWRP to avoid or to take ? Did you ever succeed in TWRP restore a backup ?

djyahoo

Jul 10, 2021
To follow my 'last instant update" of my comment #91, I see frequent mobile connection drops, and one time I totally loss the link with my sim card, with no other choice than to reboot.

I also had one unexpected reboot - but I still have no last_kmsg file to share :(

Do someone know if I can safely replace /system/vendor/lib/libsec-ril.so with an old version of mine ? Could it be in any help in this problem, in your opinion ?

Last question for @html6405 : could you give me some clue to install Magisk ? Is it possible to install it long after having installed the rom ? Do I need to use your magisk zip ? The process on the Magisk website for Samsung device seems to be a little bit tricky for me, I am not sure about the process to follow, thank you.

Thank you,

html6405

Recognized Developer
I also had one unexpected reboot - but I still have no last_kmsg file to share :(
Then it should be logged, do:

adb shell
su
cat /proc/last_kmst > /sdcard/last_kmsg.log

Do someone know if I can safely replace /system/vendor/lib/libsec-ril.so with an old version of mine ? Could it be in any help in this problem, in your opinion ?
The libsec-ril needed many modifications to work with A12, so it would break RIL completely.
Last question for @html6405 : could you give me some clue to install Magisk ? Is it possible to install it long after having installed the rom ? Do I need to use your magisk zip ? The process on the Magisk website for Samsung device seems to be a little bit tricky for me, I am not sure about the process to follow, thank you.
It's easy, download magisk v23.0 or v24.1 and install the apk directly in TWRP,
after a reboot, you see the magisk manager ( do the update to the full manager, but don't upgrade to the most recent magisk version).

djyahoo

Jul 10, 2021
OK Thank you, but I confirm there is no last_kmsg :
1650885506956.png

and though I am used to deal with this file... and it exists on my other device with your rom for lineage 19.

Thank you for the tip with magisk.

Bad news : this morning, long time after a call, the moment I took my phone in my hands to check my messages, I found only a black screen. Notification led was blinking, showing me I received a mail, but the device was like a zombie : no way to display anything. Adb wasn't possible at this time (device not visible anymore).

Without any log it is useless for you, but it is a new problem for this rom :(
I wil let you know if it comes again.

• Sad
Reactions: html6405

cantata7903

May 19, 2022
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Hi,

here you can find my version of LineageOS 18.1 for our Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9305).
At first I want to thank @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work.
This Rom is based on I9300 LOS 18.1 .

Here you can see how far everything is working for now.

• Boot
  • Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Graphics
  • Cameras
  • Sensors
  • Wifi
  • GPS
  • USB
  • Video playback (HW/SW)
  • Tethering via USB
  • RIL
  • OTA-Updates
  • GSI flash
  • NFC
  • BT headset call
  • Tethering
  • much more...
  • Screen Cast, Chromecast did work, Samsung TV not
  • Random reboots
  • SD-Card can't be formatted as a storage expansion, your device will crash
  • Maybe more

If you are going to use Gapps,
here you can download them:
Open Gapps
For the others, you can use microG.

Do you like my work?
Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.

기부하다

Wanna improve your sound configs, control your charging current and more?
이제 내 앱을 사용하여 모든 boeffla 구성에 액세스할 수 있습니다. 더 많은 기능이 추가될 것입니다.

지침
[/스포일러]
XDA:DevDB 정보
[ROM][11.x][I9305][BETA] LineageOS 18.1, Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE용 ROM

기여자

HTML6405
소스 코드: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS 버전: 11.x R
ROM 커널: Linux 3.x
ROM 펌웨어 필요: TWRP 3.5.2
기반: LineageOS
Selinux: 허용, 이것은 ROM이 안정되자마자 의미가 있습니다.