[ROM][Unofficial][11.0][signed][OTA] Lineage OS 18.1 for Xperia Z1 compact

Search This thread

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Apps & Games

Thank you.

1. Update OTA does not find this new build.
2. Flashing this build over the last lineage-18.1-20201219-UNOFFICIAL-amami ended in a boot loop (at Lineage animated boot). I repeated this 3 times.
Then I made a factory reset.
3. I miss "long pressing backspace stops the running app".
4. In Trust I see SELinux deactivated.
5. and in Play Store/settings: device is not certified.
6 You wrote " you'd have to add a androidboot.selinux=permissive to the kernel command-line".
Sorry I don't know where :-(

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Update OTA does not find this new build.
Yes, because I didn't enable OTA updated yet. These are early experimental builds...
Flashing this build over the last lineage-18.1-20201219-UNOFFICIAL-amami ended in a boot loop
... and that's what they can lead to. Although they shouldn't and that's strange anyway.
I miss "long pressing backspace stops the running app".
This feature was dropped. However, I haven't more details about it. Check this.
In Trust I see SELinux deactivated.
Yes, that's also stated in the OP. SELinux permissive (not enforcing) will lead to this warning in trust.
and in Play Store/settings: device is not certified.
I can't do much about this. Maybe read this for further background.
You wrote " you'd have to add a androidboot.selinux=permissive to the kernel command-line".
Sorry I don't know where :-(
That was only a remark what has to be done if you'd like to use a bootimage on a system which isn't capable of running enforced SELinux. You have to unpack the bootimage, add the flag to the kernel commandline and repack it. Else this defaults to enforcing mode automatically. (And this would render the device unbootable in the worst case).
Anyway: As I already stated you can't use o/p/q bootimages on r, as it needs a special commit.

Reactions: tramp20

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Apps & Games
Has someone successfully installed/flashed Magisk 21.1 and when yes how?
I can flash it without errors but nothing is really installed, no Magisk framework and no Manager :-(

@115ek
I open an issue on Github:
Perhaps you could look at the last answer from Fox2Code.

Reactions: 115ek

MIcHiJK

Feb 13, 2016
Can I Flash this on normal Xperia Z1 (C6903)? If not, is it possible to just port this?

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Can I Flash this on normal Xperia Z1 (C6903)? If not, is it possible to just port this?

Of course you could. But I'd bet this won't boot.
However, it shouldn't be that hard to build it for honami as it is really similar to amami.
Have a look at my manifest. You just have to find an up-to-date honami device tree and exchange it with the amami one.
For example that one by @NyQuilXT https://github.com/NyQuilXT/android_device_sony_honami
Then of course you'd need a decent internet connection to download 50 GB source code or so. And 200 GB free diskspace would also be great (on a linux machine, of course.) Maybe you could also use WSL 2 now.

So it totally depends on your abilities. Forget about porting as unpacking a zip file, editing a text file, repacking it - done. That's bull**** in most most cases.

Good luck.
I'd be glad to help you with reasonable questions :)

veloc_h

Oct 10, 2019
In recovery I select ADB and get the message Enabled ADB

D:\dl\z1c\bitgapps>adb devices
List of devices attached
CB5A216LZU recovery

D:\dl\z1c\bitgapps>adb sideload BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R21_signed.zip
loading: 'BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R21_signed.zip'
error: closed

Why can't I install bitgapps?
Edit: I tried with another USB and it seemed to work now (
adb kill-server
2) I switched the usb-port
3) adb start-server
4) adb devices
5) adb sideload BiTGApps-arm-11.0.0-R21_signed.zip
Then I get the messages:
- Installing toolbox
- MOunting system
- mounting apex
Unable to find installation layout... aborting unmounting

How do I manage to revert to twrp?
Edit: I managed to reinstall an earlier version of LOS (16.1) using the 18.1 recovery, but didn't succeed to install bitgapps, the device was not recognized... after reboot into recovery the adb sideloard was accepted, but at 47% it finished...
Going to try to test the internal source install in the 18.1 recovery
Installing toolbox
mounting /system
cannot mount aborting...
failed to load keys...

I managed to flash twrp without the bootloader mode:
1)switch off the mobile
2) connect the usb cable to the pc
3)swith on and volume + at the same time
4) fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-1-amami.img from the command line.

Last edited:

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
I finally managed to upload a new build. This is built from the latest sources.
However, there are still some open points:
  • finishing SE policy cleanup
  • signing image
  • enabling OTA updates
  • offline charging
  • ?

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
One more build:
  • enable OTA updates
  • switch to enforcing SE linux
  • start signing builds
I guess there are things broken again now due to SE enforcing. Please share a log if you experience bugs.

Reactions: jho55 and tramp20

jho55

Sep 8, 2015
Munich
Here you can find GApps for 18.1: MindTheGapps (funny name by the way. When I was in London 20 years ago with my school I bought a t-shirt with that slogan ;) )
They are working for me with the build before the last build.

Quote from the website: IMPORTANT: If you reboot into LineageOS before installing Google apps, you must factory reset and then install them, otherwise expect crashes.

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Apps & Games
Where can I find the file with the stored WLAN Mac address?
Someone of the devs has changed it from the LOS versions before to another one so I have difficulties to use different LOS versions on the same device.
With the newest LOS 18.1 (signed) the MAC is now xx:xx:xx:89:89:FF
before it was always xx:xx:xx:FA:F5:AB

And I really miss the function "kill running app" with a long pressed back key, please.

Last edited:

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Where can I find the file with the stored WLAN Mac address?
Someone of the devs has changed it from the LOS versions before to another one so I have difficulties to use different LOS versions on the same device.
With the newest LOS 18.1 (signed) the MAC is now xx:xx:xx:89:89:FF
before it was always xx:xx:xx:FA:F5:AB
Yeah, I also noticed this yesterday.
I made some changes to "macaddrsetup" and "btnvtool" services.
Now they are failing due to some permission problems. I just need some time to debug which files are actually affected. So it's more a less a question of when I find time again. Hopefully soon.
The mac addresses are stored in the ta partition by the way.
If reading them fails, most probably a fallback address is used (the one you see right now). But don't worry - they're not deleted. Just not set correctly :)

And I really miss the function "kill running app" with a long pressed back key, please.
I can't do much about this. This feature was dropped due to some issues afaik. https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_lineage-sdk/+/289041

EDIT:
Just a hint: If you want to disguise your mac address (like you did with xx:xx:xx) it makes more sense to hide the last three bytes. The first three bytes describe the vendor and it that case the vendor is more or less known. ;)
There are some possibilities as our vendor not only has one vendor bytes triplet though.
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: tramp20

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Apps & Games
I found some time again.
Please report if the OTA update is working properly.

• fixed wifi MAC address readout
Thank you for this new update :)
1. OTA tested and it worked but with Magisk versions > 20.4 boot fails because the update changes boot (no more boot to TWRP and/or boot loops).
So I have to update in TWRP first and without booting restore only boot (made ofc before updating).

2. MAC address ok again.

jho55

Sep 8, 2015
Munich
Issues with 13.05.2021 build:
- btw offline charging is broken

@tramp20 :
I have updated via TWRP and the patched Magisk 22.1(which is mentioned from you in an earlier post) is still working for me. After flashing the rom I have to flash Magisk again. What I always do. MindTheGapps are not needed to be installed again.

Annoyance in 18.1: Background wallpaper is blurred. Also zooms out when going in the app drawer. Seems to be an issue a lot of people are annoyed of. In 17.1 the broken font in the app drawer also bothers me. Still stuck at 16.0

Top Liked Posts