[ROM][Unofficial][11.0] Lineage OS 18.1 for Xperia Z1 compact 11.06.21

Search This thread

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Hello,
maybe somebody could help me with a Problem, i can`t connect to my home wifi, but when i switch to the Guest net of the Router (Fritzbox) it works perfect. Its only on 18.1 on the 17.1 it works Perfect.

regards Ed
Which fritzbox do you use? Which firmware version is installed?
Does the guest network has an encryption set?

The first thing I'd think of is a WPA2/WPA3 problem. Just a quick guess.
I just applied https://gerrit.aicp-rom.com/c/AICP/device_sony_msm8974-common/+/109829 and will upload a build soon.
Besides that: A log would be helpful in any case.

EDIT:
I uploaded the new build now. Should also be offered as ota.
And one more question from my side: Do you use mac address filtering in your fritzbox? This could also be a reason, as the mac address was not consistent across the last builds.

EDIT2:
I enabled WPA3 on my fritzbox as well and wifi broke as you decribed. By using the build I just uploaded it is working as expected again. Could you please try updating?

Last edited:

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
quick question, just because I'm currently having trouble updating my current 17.1 build, and there's some discussion going on about Magisk causing all kinds of trouble these days (although I slightly doubt that my updating problems have anything to with Magisk):
what other simple root/su solutions are currently out there that I could use instead of Magisk either with LOS V17.1 or this ROM here? I don't care at all for modules on my z1c just need to have root access

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
quick question, just because I'm currently having trouble updating my current 17.1 build, and there's some discussion going on about Magisk causing all kinds of trouble these days (although I slightly doubt that my updating problems have anything to with Magisk):
what other simple root/su solutions are currently out there that I could use instead of Magisk either with LOS V17.1 or this ROM here? I don't care at all for modules on my z1c just need to have root access
Your issues most likely have something to do with magisk ;)
As far as I know magisk is the defacto standard rooting solution. However, I have nothing else to do with these tools.
For me the inbuilt root over adb is totally sufficient. I have complete control over my device which is especially useful for development purposes.

I think you need to ask yourself if you need root access for apps on your phone at all. What's the benefit? Aren't there any other alternatives?
Especially for backups there's an inbuilt solution now (I know that it still has its limitations).

Last edited:
Reactions: lm089

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Your issues most likely have something to do with magisk ;)
As far as I know magisk is the defacto standard rooting solution. However, I have nothing else to do with these tools.
For me the inbuilt root over adb is totally sufficient. I have complete control over my device which is especially useful for development purposes.

I think you need to ask yourself if you need root access for apps on your phone at all. What's the benefit? Aren't there any other alternatives?
Especially for backups there's an inbuilt solution now (I know that it still has its limitations).
Backup (Titanium) indeed is *the* main reason. Another one is the ability to use a terminal emulator just on the device: hooking it up to a PC every time is possible but sort of a nuisance. Esp since I prefer to use adb from Linux, butfiring up my Linux machine takes extra time etc., bla bla :p;) I know, a few week arguments. Titanium aside it's 40% laziness and 60% habit...

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Backup (Titanium) indeed is *the* main reason. Another one is the ability to use a terminal emulator just on the device: hooking it up to a PC every time is possible but sort of a nuisance. Esp since I prefer to use adb from Linux, butfiring up my Linux machine takes extra time etc., bla bla :p;) I know, a few week arguments. Titanium aside it's 40% laziness and 60% habit...
Adb also works on windows. Or you could use it in WSL if you insist on linux. Oh, and there is adb wireless. You don't even need a cable ;)
Just saying... I think using the miniature keyboard to enter some shell commands is more time-consuming than setting up adb.

Concerning titanium I don't have that much arguments. ;)

Reactions: lm089

jho55

Sep 8, 2015
Munich

@lm089: For Magisk have you tried the solution @tramp20 was mentioning earlier in this thread? It is simply changing 1 or 2 lines in Magisk and I am able to use Magisk 22.1 (have not tried it with the newest release) with 18.1.

Reactions: tramp20 and lm089

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
@lm089: For Magisk have you tried the solution @tramp20 was mentioning earlier in this thread? It is simply changing 1 or 2 lines in Magisk and I am able to use Magisk 22.1 (have not tried it with the newest release) with 18.1.
No I haven't, because up to this new update issue I didn't really have problems even with the latest versions. I'll try a new complete wipe round next, as I believe that this has its main root somewhere else in my device

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
@115ek
the ROM runs almost perfect even with (a patched) Magisk 23.x :)
See https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...1-for-xperia-z1-compact.4007983/post-85034647

Some whishes:
1. How can I make a screenshot? The icon is missing in the power on/off menu.
2. the setting to switch NFC on/off is missing too.
3. in the developer options there is a german text "Bluetooth-Gabeldorsche aktivieren" since the first build. What does this mean?

Thank you.

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
How can I make a screenshot?
Press volume down and power simultaneously.
the setting to switch NFC on/off is missing too.
You mean in settings? That's true. I'll have a look into it.
But NFC can be still activated with a quick settings tile.
in the developer options there is a german text "Bluetooth-Gabeldorsche aktivieren" since the first build. What does this mean?

Reactions: tramp20

jho55

Sep 8, 2015
Munich
"How can I make a screenshot?"

When you have at least one app open, the screenshot button also appears in the open app overview (square button).

But honestly the LOS 16.0 was way more convienient and the start/shutdown menu also a lot nicer than the ugly tiles at the top.

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
May anybody tell me why nfc hce is not work? I want try to do something with this.
Because the nfc stack we're using does not support it.
When you have at least one app open, the screenshot button also appears in the open app overview (square button).

But honestly the LOS 16.0 was way more convienient and the start/shutdown menu also a lot nicer than the ugly tiles at the top.
Ah, right. I totally forgot about this option.

The power menu on 18.1 is indeed not that nice. But there's something in the works. ;)

@tramp20
I figured out why the NFC entry is missing. I already uploaded a patch, so this will be fixed in the next version.
ref: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_packages_apps_Settings/+/310331

jho55

Sep 8, 2015
Munich
The power menu on 18.1 is indeed not that nice. But there's something in the works. ;)

Good to here. :)
Another annoyance in my opionion is that the background is zoomed when opening the app drawer or the quick settings.

And the wallpaper has a low resolution. But you can fix it by using google wallpaper app to change the wallpaper.

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Thank you very much :)

Are there important changes to the kernel?
If yes I have to uninstall Magisk, flash the new kernel and install Magisk again :-(
Nothing changed on the kernel side.
To be honest: The kernel gets the least attention from my limited overall attention for this device.
I wanted to switch to the maintained one @MSe1969 uses on the 17.1 build at some point of time. There at least important backports are made to our ancient 3.4 kernel.
But so far I haven't done it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    • fixed fm radio SE linux denials
    New build. :)

• fixed NFC settings not shown (ref)
    • fixed offline charging
    • fixed netmgrd SE linux denials

@infoflo I'm not sure if your issue was related to that. Could you check? Unfortunately I can't really test it - I have no WPA enterprise setup available.
    @jho55 The revised power menu has been merged. The screenshot button is now back there.
    How can I make a screenshot?
    Press volume down and power simultaneously.
    the setting to switch NFC on/off is missing too.
    You mean in settings? That's true. I'll have a look into it.
    But NFC can be still activated with a quick settings tile.
    in the developer options there is a german text "Bluetooth-Gabeldorsche aktivieren" since the first build. What does this mean?
    "How can I make a screenshot?"

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */
    Status
    List template by AdrianDC
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - GApps : OpenGApps aren't available yet
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - Bluetooth : Ok but MAC address is not correctly set (random address)
    - WiFi : Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot : ?
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : ?
    - Touchscreen : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - ANT+ : ?
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & music : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - MHL: broken
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - USB : Ok
    - USB OTG : ?
    - Encryption : ?
    - SEPolicies : enforcing
    Limitations
    Following limitations are known:
    • NFC-HCE does not work (needed for example for google pay)
    • FM does not work in stereo mode (mono works fine, though)
    • MHL does not work
    • more to be figured out
    Download
    FAQ

I've got problems AND have magisk/exposed installed
    I won't support anything related to magisk/exposed/other heavily system modifying things.
    If you're encountering problems please make sure you're using a clean installation (at most gapps) to verify/reproduce the issue.

Bugreports
    You'll find information about logging here.
    Please also note how you got the error or how it can be reproduced.
    Sources
    Credits
    • SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
    • koron393
    • NeoArian: also big thanks to him ;)
    • rcstar6696
    • SuperLamic
    • drakonizer
    • AdrianDC
    • munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
    • nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
    • All the other contributors on sony msm8974 platform
    • LineageOS team

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 18.1 for Xperia Z1 compact - amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors

115ek, SpiritCroc, koron393, NeoArian, drakonizer, rcstar6696, SuperLamic, AdrianDC, nailyk, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/115ek/manifest

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2020-12-06
    Last Updated 2021-06-11
    I found some time again.
    Please report if the OTA update is working properly.

• fixed wifi MAC address readout
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level May 05, 2021)
    • fixed fm radio SE linux denials
    New build. :)

• fixed NFC settings not shown (ref)
    • fixed offline charging
    I finally managed to upload a new build. This is built from the latest sources.
    However, there are still some open points:
    • finishing SE policy cleanup
    • signing image
    • enabling OTA updates
    • offline charging
    • ?