• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][Unofficial][11.0] Lineage OS 18.1 for Xperia Z1 compact 19.07.21

Search This thread

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Thanks to the dev for enabling us to have Android 11 on our old device. Works like a charm and it's super responsive! I just have a problem with 802.1x (entreprise) wi-fi. It just does not connect for some reason.
What network are you trying to connect to? Eduroam or an other company network? Did you set it up correctly? WPA2 enterprise requires some more configuration than just a simple password.
Often, there are configuration apps to handle that for you. I also struggled a couple of times setting it up manually :p
Anyway a more detailed error report/description would be helpful. As well as a log.

Reactions: infoflo
Thanks for the fast answer 115ek! It's called Ziggo Wifispots. My internet provider (Ziggo) uses the 802.1x protcol in order for clients to connect to Hotspots (Wifispots) all around the country. To connect, I need a Wifi certificate (which is provided by Ziggo/my internet provider), which is installed on my Z1c, and then I need to enter a domain name (which is given), username and password. It's the regular PEAP+MSCHAPV2 combo. Once i try to connect, it says "connecting.." for less than a second once I click on the network to connect, and then I get the error message "Failed to connect to network". This works on my Xperia Z5 Compact rocking LineageOS 18.1 and all my other device running a Android 11 custom rom. Not sure how relevant this information is but I hope it can help. Eduroam works fine though.

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Once i try to connect, it says "connecting.." for less than a second once I click on the network to connect, and then I get the error message "Failed to connect to network".
Can you get a log after doing this procedure please?
Enable developer options, enable adb, connect your device. Then use
Code:
adb logcat -b all > logcat.txt

Another thing coming to my mind: Since when do you use 18.1 on the amami? Did you also use earlier versions?
Maybe it is an SE linux related problem. To exclude that you could also switch to permissive SE linux and try then.
To do that:
  1. enable root over adb
  2. Code:
    adb root
  3. Code:
    adb shell setenforce 0
You can check the current state with
Code:
adb shell getenforce
or in the "Trust" menu point.
Once you reboot the system will be in enforcing mode again as this is passed as a parameter in the kernel cmdline.
Or use
Code:
adb shell setenforce 1

I did change SELinux to permissive, had to reinstall the certificate after a reboot and set SELinux to permissive again and tried again. It worked! Thanks a lot! However, once I reboot and the status goes back to enforcing, the same error appears. I need to find a way to have SELinux to remain permissive even after a reboot! Thanks a lot for the input man!

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
I did change SELinux to permissive, had to reinstall the certificate after a reboot and set SELinux to permissive again and tried again. It worked! Thanks a lot! However, once I reboot and the status goes back to enforcing, the same error appears. I need to find a way to have SELinux to remain permissive even after a reboot! Thanks a lot for the input man!
This should just be used for debugging purposes. ;)
Running an SELinux permissive build is insecure and should be avoided.
That's why I was asking for a log. By checking the log for the denial and adding a proper rule for that afterwards, you can also connect to your wifi with SE in enforcing mode.

ashtar_sheran

Mar 14, 2020
Hi, a question for developers and users of the Z1c (hope it's not too much offtopic) - what is the general state of VoLTE support on this phone? Is it theoretically posible to be enabled, and if yes, did anyone achieve any success with it? I have looked through the previous posts on various topics, but it seems like a general conclusion hasn't been drawn.

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Any news about the issue with magisk? 😃
You can read this:

topjohnwu works now for Google and he is not allowed to continue Magisk :-(

You can read this:

topjohnwu works now for Google and he is not allowed to continue Magisk :-(
Well, don't you think it could possibly be fake?
No official statement and probably fake profile on twitter posting this??
The official profile is called "John Wu" and has "android" as profile pic.
Also a message from him recently about those fake tweets:

Anyways about the magisk issue:
It works on other devices on 18.1 with msm 8974 so it might be an issue with the rom itself.
Also what you posted is a workaround but no permanent fix :/

Ryslan_Z1

May 12, 2021
Hi! Thank you so much for android 11, which you make for sony xperia z1 compact!

I noticed that if the phone is discharged to zero, when you connect it to the charger, the charging icon does not appear. Instead, it hangs on the SONY splash screen. After that, the activation is possible only through the recovery.

And question two.

I tried to update the firmware, downloaded it, clicked install, and the phone went into recovery mode. And I didn't figure out how to install it.

Sorry for my google translate

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 14

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Hi, a question for developers and users of the Z1c (hope it's not too much offtopic) - what is the general state of VoLTE support on this phone? Is it theoretically posible to be enabled, and if yes, did anyone achieve any success with it? I have looked through the previous posts on various topics, but it seems like a general conclusion hasn't been drawn.
I'd say no. At least with my resources I can't handle this. Stock didn't support it so it would be even harder to get it working (even if our SoC could handle it in theory).
But to be honest I'm not that much into it to draw a conclusion here.

Hi! Thank you so much for android 11, which you make for sony xperia z1 compact!

I noticed that if the phone is discharged to zero, when you connect it to the charger, the charging icon does not appear. Instead, it hangs on the SONY splash screen. After that, the activation is possible only through the recovery.

And question two.

I tried to update the firmware, downloaded it, clicked install, and the phone went into recovery mode. And I didn't figure out how to install it.

Sorry for my google translate
Which version are you using? The thing you described sometimes is referred to as "offline-charging". The problem is known and was fixed with the build from 22.05.2021. See the changelog.

Concerning the second thing:
Which recovery system you're using? Make sure it is this one. Else I can't support you.

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Hi,
is ANT+ running on LOS 18.1?
The app "ANT Radio Service" from Play Store does not request permissions but these are necessary. See screenshot 1.
The permission "use ANT hardware" is missing/not selectable.
I tested this on two Z1c.

With LOS 17.1 there is no problem. See screenshot 2. All ANT+ sensors are recognized and running.

The newest app version is 4.16.00

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-151837_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20210616-151837_Einstellungen.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20210616-152141_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20210616-152141_Einstellungen.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 6

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Hi,
is ANT+ running on LOS 18.1?
The app "ANT Radio Service" from Play Store does not request permissions but these are necessary.

@115ek ,
I found this with Google:

Android 11 ANT+ Radio Broken · Issue #5 · ant-wireless/Android_ANTRadioService Missing ant+ service after upgrade to android 11 - OnePlus Community Ant+ Radio Support broken after Android 11 Update | XDA Forums

Perhaps you can add the missing parts e.g. "ANT HAL Service" from LOS 17.1

Thank you

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Actually the stuff is there (at the first sight).
I'll have a look into it when I find some free minutes.
Thanks for already doing some investigation on this (y)

EDIT:
This one seems to help. Did it work for you?
Code:
adb shell
pm grant com.dsi.ant.service.socket com.dsi.ant.permission.ANTRADIO

EDIT2:
Just for reference: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3515

Last edited:
Reactions: tramp20

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A new build including the latest lineage sources was uploaded and should reach via the OTA updater.
    Furthermore, there are plans to bring a lineage 18 microg version as well. It is currently being worked on. (@MSe1969 )
    There may be a first testing version soon.
    Is it a dirty installation, meaning no /data wipe?
    Thank you, in the mean time I remembered that (long ago) this camera problem was caused by not wiping all.
    So I made this time a factory reset and now the camera is working fine.
    Thank you, in the mean time I remembered that (long ago) this camera problem was caused by not wiping all.
    So I made this time a factory reset and now the camera is working fine.
    Anyway that could be problematic when we're switching from 17 to 18 later on. Actually an upgrade (without wiping) should be possible. Maybe we need to investigate it further then.
    Perhaps /data/credmgr needs to be cleaned. At least that comes to my mind with camera issues.
    ---
    Furthermore, there are plans to bring a lineage 18 microg version as well. It is currently being worked on. (@MSe1969 )
    There may be a first testing version soon.

Perfect, thanks in advance :)
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */
    Status
    List template by AdrianDC
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - Bluetooth : Ok but MAC address is not correctly set (random address)
    - WiFi : Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - Touchscreen : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - ANT+ : ?
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & music : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - MHL: broken
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - USB : Ok
    - USB OTG : Ok
    - Encryption : ?
    - SEPolicies : enforcing
    GApps
    You could install additional Google Apps if you want to. This has to be done directly after the lineage installation BEFORE the first boot.
    The smaller the package, the better in terms of performance. (None is of course the most performant). If you want "Okay google" support you need at least nano. Else I'd recommend pico.

Downloads:
    OpenGapps
    BitGapps
    MindTheGapps (mirror)

Limitations
    Following limitations are known:
    • NFC-HCE does not work (needed for example for google pay)
    • FM does not work in stereo mode (mono works fine, though)
    • MHL does not work
    • more to be figured out
    Download
    FAQ

I've got problems AND have magisk/exposed installed
    I won't support anything related to magisk/exposed/other heavily system modifying things.
    If you're encountering problems please make sure you're using a clean installation (at most gapps) to verify/reproduce the issue.

Bugreports
    You'll find information about logging here.
    Please also note how you got the error or how it can be reproduced.
    Sources
    Credits
    • SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
    • koron393
    • NeoArian: also big thanks to him ;)
    • rcstar6696
    • SuperLamic
    • drakonizer
    • AdrianDC
    • munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
    • nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
    • All the other contributors on sony msm8974 platform
    • LineageOS team

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 18.1 for Xperia Z1 compact - amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors

115ek, SpiritCroc, koron393, NeoArian, drakonizer, rcstar6696, SuperLamic, AdrianDC, nailyk, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/115ek/manifest

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Testing

Created 2020-12-06
    Last Updated 2021-07-19
    New build
    • added livedisplay
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level June 05, 2021)
    I found some time again.
    Please report if the OTA update is working properly.

• fixed wifi MAC address readout
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level May 05, 2021)
    New build. :)

• fixed NFC settings not shown (ref)
    • fixed offline charging
    New build is up:
    • Lineage 18.0 -> Lineage 18.1 (android-11.0.0_r17 -> android-11.0.0_r19)