• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Unofficial][11.0] Lineage OS 18.1 for Xperia Z1 compact 20.09.21

Search This thread

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
@115ek,
till now I had LOS 17.1 running on my main Z1c. Camera pictures and QR-codes were fine.

Today I updated to LOS 18.1 (standard) and now all pictures are completely blurred and QR-codes unreadable, an other camera app (e.g. Vignette) shows the same.
I deleted storage and cache of the camera app but nothing changed. The focus ring on the screen does appear.

On two other Z1c with LOS 18.1 all is ok.

Is there a hidden setting to change this?
I need the QR-codes for the CovPass app.

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
@115ek,
till now I had LOS 17.1 running on my main Z1c. Camera pictures and QR-codes were fine.

Today I updated to LOS 18.1 (standard) and now all pictures are completely blurred and QR-codes unreadable, an other camera app (e.g. Vignette) shows the same.
I deleted storage and cache of the camera app but nothing changed. The focus ring on the screen does appear.

On two other Z1c with LOS 18.1 all is ok.

Is there a hidden setting to change this?
I need the QR-codes for the CovPass app.
Is it a dirty installation, meaning no /data wipe?
Could you get some logs?
Does reboot change anything?

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Thank you, in the mean time I remembered that (long ago) this camera problem was caused by not wiping all.
So I made this time a factory reset and now the camera is working fine.
Anyway that could be problematic when we're switching from 17 to 18 later on. Actually an upgrade (without wiping) should be possible. Maybe we need to investigate it further then.
Perhaps /data/credmgr needs to be cleaned. At least that comes to my mind with camera issues.

Reactions: tramp20

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Perhaps /data/credmgr needs to be cleaned. At least that comes to my mind with camera issues.
I have 5 Z1c to play and test :)
On two of them (LOS 17.1) the auto focus did not work since long time.
On both I deleted /data/credmgr and on the first one the auto focus is working now.
But on the second not (permission of /data/credmgr is 0770), of course rebooted.

Edit: After updating this smartphone today to LOS 17.1 20210710 the camera does auto focus now.
But I don't know why.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2013
Does the OTG function on Lineage-18.1? Thinking of trying it on a handheld gaming device that uses the Z1 Compact inside it (Z Pocket Game). OTG is critical so that the physical controls work properly. Someone has had success with Lineage-17.1 on this gaming device but I'm wondering if it's worth giving 18.1 a go?

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Does the OTG function on Lineage-18.1? Thinking of trying it on a handheld gaming device that uses the Z1 Compact inside it (Z Pocket Game). OTG is critical so that the physical controls work properly. Someone has had success with Lineage-17.1 on this gaming device but I'm wondering if it's worth giving 18.1 a go?
OTG should work as it did on 17.1.
I just tried a using a mouse as input device: worked flawlessly.
It may be that your external input device / gamepad is not configured in the kernel yet. Then a recompilation of the kernel with an adapted kernel config would be required. (Or, even worse, the input device you want to use isn't even supported on our ancient 3.4 kernel).

Furthermore, there are plans to bring a lineage 18 microg version as well. It is currently being worked on. (@MSe1969 )
There may be a first testing version soon.
Hi all, here we go:
I just have announced in our 17.1 thread a first test build for the LineageOS 18.1 microG build - please follow the below linked post:

Feedback appreciated. Regards, M.

Reactions: 115ek and o-l-a-v

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
Hi i just installed this but google play when installing just hangs trying to install any ideas?

Update never mind my fault i forgot to do a data wipe in twrp all resolved. Thanks for a great rom i am currently using this rom on a retro game handheld called the ZPG. :) See attached picture it uses the motherboard of the sony z compact phone inside and uses OTG for the controls.

Attachments

• P_20210809_153833.jpg
    P_20210809_153833.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Reactions: 115ek and MSe1969

suayba

Aug 8, 2021
Hi i just installed this but google play when installing just hangs trying to install any ideas?

Update never mind my fault i forgot to do a data wipe in twrp all resolved. Thanks for a great rom i am currently using this rom on a retro game handheld called the ZPG. :) See attached picture it uses the motherboard of the sony z compact phone inside and uses OTG for the controls.
z1 compact nfc run?

ashtar_sheran

Mar 14, 2020
you are a rude person, be a little kind.
This is completely ridiculous. OP is sacrificing his free time to the community not only by maintaining the ROMs, but also answering SERIOUS questions as accurately as it's possible, yet you're calling him rude even though the 1st post contains the answer for your question, as he said.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build:
    • fixed FM radio (ref, ref)
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level September 05, 2021)
      • Wifi display is back (ref)
      • Setup wizard redesigned (ref)
    One more update:
    • fixed DRM (widevine level 3: netflix works)
    This may require a clean installation to work correctly.
    LineageOS 18.1 test build for 2nd build variant - feedback?
    However - so far, we did not get feedback. Does that mean "all is fine" and we're ready to go?
    Hi,
    I don't use this variant, but I had some bugs (already very old, they were passed on the next LOS):

1. NFC-HCE is missing (stock ROM had this feature). I already read that the stack is not available to you.

2. The icons in the status line are all black/white. If I touch this line they all become colored during touching.

3. A-GPS is missing too. After a reboot/shut down the time to get a fix is ~15 min. This is the regular time to download all GPS satellite data from the the satellite direct.
    With A-GPS (from internet) the fix is valid after seconds.

4. Missing permission for ANT+, see posting #78 and #79.

Nevertheless many thanks to you all for your hard work for our Z1c.
    Hello and thanks a lot for this ROM. But can I ask a question please? In my case, the FM-Radio does not work. I am the only one who has this problem? What can I do?

Thanks a lot / Herzlichen Dank.

Bergfex
    Hey. I also noticed it some days ago. Just had a quick look - most likely an SE related issue. I already saw some denials in the log.
    If it's just that it'll be fixed in the next release.

Other than that also DRM is broken (so for example netflix won't work).

EDIT: Yeah, fm-radio is broken due to the se-policy rewrite. I just set the permissive mode and it started working again.
    New "LineageOS 18.1 microG variant"
    Hi all, I have created a new "microG" variant, which can be dirty-flashed on the previous test build:

It contains the changes announced by @115ek and also the kernel patches applied to the 17.1 September build, for which the feedback was given in the 17.1 thread, that the performance was improved (after recent decrease).

If you want to update from the 17.1 microG variant, please follow these instructions.

In general, we plan to provide the last 17.1 builds in October.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */
    Status
    List template by AdrianDC
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - Bluetooth : Ok but MAC address is not correctly set (random address)
    - WiFi : Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - Touchscreen : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - ANT+ : ?
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & music : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - MHL: broken
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - USB : Ok
    - USB OTG : Ok
    - Encryption : ?
    - SEPolicies : enforcing
    - DRM: Ok, Widevine L3
    GApps
    You could install additional Google Apps if you want to. This has to be done directly after the lineage installation BEFORE the first boot.
    The smaller the package, the better in terms of performance. (None is of course the most performant). If you want "Okay google" support you need at least nano. Else I'd recommend pico.

Downloads:
    OpenGapps
    BitGapps
    MindTheGapps (mirror)

Limitations
    Following limitations are known:
    • NFC-HCE does not work (needed for example for google pay)
    • FM does not work in stereo mode (mono works fine, though)
    • MHL does not work
    • more to be figured out
    Download
    FAQ

I've got problems AND have magisk/exposed installed
    I won't support anything related to magisk/exposed/other heavily system modifying things.
    If you're encountering problems please make sure you're using a clean installation (at most gapps) to verify/reproduce the issue.

Bugreports
    You'll find information about logging here.
    Please also note how you got the error or how it can be reproduced.
    Sources
    Credits
    • SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
    • koron393
    • NeoArian: also big thanks to him ;)
    • rcstar6696
    • SuperLamic
    • drakonizer
    • AdrianDC
    • munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
    • nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
    • All the other contributors on sony msm8974 platform
    • LineageOS team

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 18.1 for Xperia Z1 compact - amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors

115ek, SpiritCroc, koron393, NeoArian, drakonizer, rcstar6696, SuperLamic, AdrianDC, nailyk, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/115ek/manifest

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2020-12-06
    Last Updated 2021-09-20
    you are a rude person, be a little kind.
    This is completely ridiculous. OP is sacrificing his free time to the community not only by maintaining the ROMs, but also answering SERIOUS questions as accurately as it's possible, yet you're calling him rude even though the 1st post contains the answer for your question, as he said.
    New build
    • added livedisplay
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level June 05, 2021)
    New build
    • switched to 3.4 kernel with security backports (thanks @MSe1969 and @SkewedZeppelin )
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level August 05, 2021)
    I found some time again.
    Please report if the OTA update is working properly.

• fixed wifi MAC address readout
    • synced LineageOS sources (security patch level May 05, 2021)