[ROM][Unofficial][11.0][signed][OTA] Lineage OS 18.1 for Xperia Z1 compact

Search This thread

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Apps & Games
@115ek,
till now I had LOS 17.1 running on my main Z1c. Camera pictures and QR-codes were fine.

Today I updated to LOS 18.1 (standard) and now all pictures are completely blurred and QR-codes unreadable, an other camera app (e.g. Vignette) shows the same.
I deleted storage and cache of the camera app but nothing changed. The focus ring on the screen does appear.

On two other Z1c with LOS 18.1 all is ok.

Is there a hidden setting to change this?
I need the QR-codes for the CovPass app.

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
@115ek,
till now I had LOS 17.1 running on my main Z1c. Camera pictures and QR-codes were fine.

Today I updated to LOS 18.1 (standard) and now all pictures are completely blurred and QR-codes unreadable, an other camera app (e.g. Vignette) shows the same.
I deleted storage and cache of the camera app but nothing changed. The focus ring on the screen does appear.

On two other Z1c with LOS 18.1 all is ok.

Is there a hidden setting to change this?
I need the QR-codes for the CovPass app.
Is it a dirty installation, meaning no /data wipe?
Could you get some logs?
Does reboot change anything?

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Thank you, in the mean time I remembered that (long ago) this camera problem was caused by not wiping all.
So I made this time a factory reset and now the camera is working fine.
Anyway that could be problematic when we're switching from 17 to 18 later on. Actually an upgrade (without wiping) should be possible. Maybe we need to investigate it further then.
Perhaps /data/credmgr needs to be cleaned. At least that comes to my mind with camera issues.

Reactions: tramp20

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Apps & Games
Perhaps /data/credmgr needs to be cleaned. At least that comes to my mind with camera issues.
I have 5 Z1c to play and test :)
On two of them (LOS 17.1) the auto focus did not work since long time.
On both I deleted /data/credmgr and on the first one the auto focus is working now.
But on the second not (permission of /data/credmgr is 0770), of course rebooted.

Edit: After updating this smartphone today to LOS 17.1 20210710 the camera does auto focus now.
But I don't know why.

Last edited:

dr@bunsen

Aug 21, 2013
Does the OTG function on Lineage-18.1? Thinking of trying it on a handheld gaming device that uses the Z1 Compact inside it (Z Pocket Game). OTG is critical so that the physical controls work properly. Someone has had success with Lineage-17.1 on this gaming device but I'm wondering if it's worth giving 18.1 a go?

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Does the OTG function on Lineage-18.1? Thinking of trying it on a handheld gaming device that uses the Z1 Compact inside it (Z Pocket Game). OTG is critical so that the physical controls work properly. Someone has had success with Lineage-17.1 on this gaming device but I'm wondering if it's worth giving 18.1 a go?
OTG should work as it did on 17.1.
I just tried a using a mouse as input device: worked flawlessly.
It may be that your external input device / gamepad is not configured in the kernel yet. Then a recompilation of the kernel with an adapted kernel config would be required. (Or, even worse, the input device you want to use isn't even supported on our ancient 3.4 kernel).

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
A new build including the latest lineage sources was uploaded and should reach via the OTA updater.
Furthermore, there are plans to bring a lineage 18 microg version as well. It is currently being worked on. (@MSe1969 )
There may be a first testing version soon.

Reactions: 115ek and o-l-a-v

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
Hi i just installed this but google play when installing just hangs trying to install any ideas?

Update never mind my fault i forgot to do a data wipe in twrp all resolved. Thanks for a great rom i am currently using this rom on a retro game handheld called the ZPG. :) See attached picture it uses the motherboard of the sony z compact phone inside and uses OTG for the controls.

Attachments

• P_20210809_153833.jpg
    P_20210809_153833.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Reactions: 115ek and MSe1969

suayba

Aug 8, 2021
Hi i just installed this but google play when installing just hangs trying to install any ideas?

Update never mind my fault i forgot to do a data wipe in twrp all resolved. Thanks for a great rom i am currently using this rom on a retro game handheld called the ZPG. :) See attached picture it uses the motherboard of the sony z compact phone inside and uses OTG for the controls.
z1 compact nfc run?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New builds available

Hi,

new builds with the March '24 ASB backports are available for download and also offered by the Updater app.

Please note:
    Google has stopped to provide official sec. patches for Android 11. The patches therefore are backports from Android 12. The build therefore hasn't updated the official "security string", but provides an additional entry in the device info screen to show a "Custom build release" indicating the efforts to providing unofficial back ports.

A. Standard LineageOS 18.1 build
    • Custom build release 2024-03-01
    • System Webview 122.0.6261.90

B. Pre-installed microG build variant with additional security patches
    • Custom build release 2024-03-01
    • Mulch Webview 122.0.6261.105

@115ek - please update OP / Change log

Happy flashing, regards, M.
    @115ek and @MSe1969 - in case you want me to run some more tests: let me know; I'm getting into a routine now. Else I'll be sticking with the latest working build for now
    Hi,

first of all - sorry for my delayed comprehensive answer - right now I do not really have a lot of time...

Also on the "microG" variant, which I have on my Z1c, the internal file explorer shows the described behavior on external SD card, whilst ok for the internal storage.

What you describe is in fact the result of the implemented fix for CVE-2024-0032 in the February 2024 ASB, see commits [1] and [2] . Android's storage concept in fact foresees, that the /Android/data/<app name>/ on the SD card is strictly reserved to the specific app - even in case of the manage all files rights.

The way I see it, when I look at the code changes, Google has closed some "loop holes", which have allowed apps to still access those places by their programmers being "creative". Whilst this may be wanted for you as a device owner to look with a file explorer app to see what is going on on your own device, a noisy app (like e.g. the Facebook app and friends from Meta or other questionable, shady apps) should simply not see any app's "private" data and make use of this information.

I however agree, that it is inconsistent to make a difference between Internal storage and External SD card. To be honest, I don't really care about MiXplorer at all, but if apps can't access their own data any longer, then this is a regression and hopefully fixed in the next ASB round (not the first time, that ASB fixes had to be fixed in the next ASB round).

I assume, that most people use the internal storage for private app data and only store truly exchangeable data on the external SD (most modern devices do not even have an external SD) and hence do not have a real issue.

If the observed behavior is not bearable for you, it is right for now to stay with the January version and not to waste any further time with this problem. When the March ASB is published, I will give you an indication, whether Google has applied a further fix.

Regards - M.
    first of all - sorry for my delayed comprehensive answer - right now I do not really have a lot of time...
    first of all - no reason to be sorry... ;). And many thanks for your answer.
    What you describe is in fact the result of the implemented fix for CVE-2024-0032 in the February 2024 ASB, see commits [1] and [2] . Android's storage concept in fact foresees, that the /Android/data/<app name>/ on the SD card is strictly reserved to the specific app - even in case of the manage all files rights.
    I'm aware of the storage concept, at least partially. Thx for the "manage all files" link, btw, there was something new to learn for me.

I assume, that most people use the internal storage for private app data and only store truly exchangeable data on the external SD (most modern devices do not even have an external SD) and hence do not have a real issue.
    now that's the point: its the apps themselves that choose to create their own private folders below /Android/data, on both Internal Storage and the SD. Problem arises when an app tries to store some stuff there and can't find its own folder because it is showing as a file now (that was the MixPlorer excperiment, btw...)
    If the observed behavior is not bearable for you, it is right for now to stay with the January version and not to waste any further time with this problem. When the March ASB is published, I will give you an indication, whether Google has applied a further fix.
    I'm aware you can't do anything here, so of course I'll wait. Honestly, I hardly use my Z1c these days, am even considering to donate it if I can find someone who wants it.
    But before I maybe will try to go for a microG install, never had that before :cool:
    slightly different topic: as I wrote above my z1c currently is unrooted but as I'm running some experiments I would like to gain root access temporarily. Unfortunately installation of older Magisk versions fails - I tried 18.1, 20.3 and 20.4.
    Tried to flash the Magisk zip from TWRP but get a message saying that the Vendor partition cannot be mounted.
    In the OP it says that versions > 20.4 don't work here; is that still true?
    Any chance flashing Magisk onto the current build's boot partition?

Edit: I dared to not obey and flashed Magisk V27 - appears to be working.. 🤞
    Edit: I dared to not obey and flashed Magisk V27 - appears to be working.. 🤞
    When we originally wrote the advice, it represented, what we were told by folks using Magisk. Neither @115ek nor myself use Magisk, so we've no real insight. Could be that a compatibility layer was brought back in or the not working situation after 20.4 was a meanwhile fixed bug? If it works for you, cool! Do let @115ek know, if the OP deserves an update.
    This thread aims at providing LineageOS 18.1 builds for the Sony Xperia Z1 compact with current security patches.
    You can consider this thread as a successor of our LineageOS 17.1 thread, where you may also find some useful information.
    This is the joint effort of 115ek and MSe1969 (contributions welcome).

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */

We offer two build variants:
    This build flavor aims at providing LineageOS 18.1 "as is" with most recent security patches.
    If you want to install Google Apps (GApps) you have to use this build variant.
    You could install additional Google Apps if you want to. This has to be done directly after the lineage installation BEFORE the first boot.
    The smaller the package, the better in terms of performance. (None is of course the most performant). If you want "Okay google" support you need at least nano. Else I'd recommend pico.

Downloads:
    OpenGapps
    BitGapps
    MindTheGapps (mirror)

For the security/privacy focused (more details about below feature list, see here)
    • Pre-installed microG and F-Droid same as the LineageOS for microG project
    • Pre-installed AuroraStore
    • eSpeak TTS engine (FOSS TTS solution)
    • Bromite as default browser
    • Additional security hardening features listed below
    • Cloudflare as default fallback DNS (instead of Google)
    • Privacy-preferred default settings
    • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking (Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Optional disable captive portal detection or choose from various providers (default is GrapheneOS and not Google; Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Increased max. password length of 64
    • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google/Sony when GPS is in use
    • Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
    • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView
    • Extra control of sensor access for additionally installed user apps (Special access under app permissions)
    • Firewall (control internet access per app - under Trust)
    • Constified JNI method tables

Status
    List template by AdrianDC
    Code:
    - Boot : Ok
    - Partitions (Data, Cache) : Ext4 and F2FS supported
    - Bluetooth : Ok but MAC address is not correctly set (random address)
    - WiFi : Ok
    - WiFi Hotspot : Ok
    - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok
    - GPS : Ok
    - Camera : Ok
    - Camcorder : Ok
    - Lights : Ok
    - MicroSD : Ok
    - Accelerometer : Ok
    - Compass : Ok
    - Gyroscope : Ok
    - Touchscreen : Ok
    - FM Radio : Ok
    - ANT+ : broken
    - Vibrator : Ok
    - Microphone : Ok
    - Audio & music : Ok
    - Bluetooth audio : Ok
    - MHL: broken
    - NFC : Ok
    - Kernel : Ok
    - Graphics : Ok
    - 3D Rendering : Ok
    - Clock : Ok
    - Offline Charging : Ok
    - USB : Ok
    - USB OTG : Ok
    - Encryption : Ok
    - SEPolicies : enforcing
    - DRM: Ok, Widevine L3
    Limitations
    Following limitations are known:
    • NFC-HCE does not work (needed for example for google pay)
    • FM does not work in stereo mode (mono works fine, though)
    • MHL does not work
    • ANT+ does not work
    Download
    FAQ
    What recovery system to use?
    Please use this TWRP if you want to use OTA updates and/or encryption.

What about root access?
    Root isn't included per default (except root over adb, but it's off by default).
    If you want to gain root access to your apps use magisk (everything > 20.4 is broken):
    ANT+ isn't working?
    You need the 2 apps:

afterwards setting proper permissions is essential!
    1. Go to Apps & Notifications -> See All Apps
    2. Select 'ANT Radio Service'
    3. Select Permissions
    4. Select Additional permissions
    5. Slide switch to allow using of ANT hardware
    This refers to those instructions which worked for me :)
    I've got problems AND have magisk/exposed installed
    We won't support anything related to magisk/exposed/other heavily system modifying things.
    If you're encountering problems please make sure you're using a clean installation (at most gapps) to verify/reproduce the issue.

Bugreports
    You'll find information about logging here.
    Please also note how you got the error or how it can be reproduced.
    Sources
    Credits
    • SpiritCroc: big thanks to him for maintaining the device trees and a lot of very useful hints
    • NeoArian: also big thanks to him ;)
    • rcstar6696
    • SuperLamic
    • drakonizer
    • AdrianDC
    • munjeni: thanks for tips and tricks
    • nailyk: thanks for tips and tricks
    • All the other contributors on sony msm8974 platform
    • LineageOS team

Installation instructions

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS 18.1 for Xperia Z1 compact - amami, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Contributors

115ek, MSe1969, SpiritCroc, NeoArian, drakonizer, rcstar6696, SuperLamic, AdrianDC, nailyk, LineageOS team
    Source Code: https://github.com/lin18-microg/local_manifests

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2021-10-14

Created 2020-12-06
    Last Updated 2024-03-10
    You can dropp apps on android 12 with one finger this very good feature missing from android 11
    I have already explained in detail our approach in regards to coming (or not) to the next major Android release. This approach is for sure not influenced or accelerated by comments, strong desires or feature advertising in regards to the next Android version.
    This is my last comment on that topic, we will from now on ignore any further comments or statements pointing to the next Android release!
    New builds available

Hi,

new builds with the May '23 ASB patches (Security String 2023-05-05) are available and offered already as OTA update through the Updater app:

• Security string 2023-05-05
    • System Webview 113.0.5672.77

• Security string 2023-05-05
    • Mulch Webview 113.0.5672.77

New builds with November 2021 ASB patches

Hi all,
    new builds with the Octrober '21 ASB patches are available and should be offered already as OTA update through the Updater app:

A. Standard LineageOS 17.1 build
    • Security String 2021-11-05
    • System Webview on 95.0.4638.50

• Security String 2021-11-05
    • Bromite System Webview and Browser updated to 94.0.4606.109

@115ek - please update OP/Changelog

Hi all,

new builds with the July '22 ASB patches (Security String 2022-07-05) are available and offered already as OTA update through the Updater app: