[ROM][Unofficial][11.0][signed][OTA] Lineage OS 18.1 for Xperia Z1 compact

Search This thread
LineageOS 18.1 test build for 2nd build variant - feedback?
Hi all, I have asked this also in the 17.1 thread (hence sorry for double-posting), but the topic fits into both threads:
I see 90 downloads in sourceforge.net for the LineageOS 18.1 test build for the "microG" variant, so there definitely is interest.
However - so far, we did not get feedback. Does that mean "all is fine" and we're ready to go?

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Apps & Games
LineageOS 18.1 test build for 2nd build variant - feedback?
However - so far, we did not get feedback. Does that mean "all is fine" and we're ready to go?
Hi,
I don't use this variant, but I had some bugs (already very old, they were passed on the next LOS):

1. NFC-HCE is missing (stock ROM had this feature). I already read that the stack is not available to you.

2. The icons in the status line are all black/white. If I touch this line they all become colored during touching.

3. A-GPS is missing too. After a reboot/shut down the time to get a fix is ~15 min. This is the regular time to download all GPS satellite data from the the satellite direct.
With A-GPS (from internet) the fix is valid after seconds.

4. Missing permission for ANT+, see posting #78 and #79.

Nevertheless many thanks to you all for your hard work for our Z1c.

Reactions: 115ek and MSe1969

Bergfex2

Apr 4, 2014
Hello and thanks a lot for this ROM. But can I ask a question please? In my case, the FM-Radio does not work. I am the only one who has this problem? What can I do?

Thanks a lot / Herzlichen Dank.

Bergfex

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
Hello and thanks a lot for this ROM. But can I ask a question please? In my case, the FM-Radio does not work. I am the only one who has this problem? What can I do?

Thanks a lot / Herzlichen Dank.

Bergfex
Hey. I also noticed it some days ago. Just had a quick look - most likely an SE related issue. I already saw some denials in the log.
If it's just that it'll be fixed in the next release.

Other than that also DRM is broken (so for example netflix won't work).

EDIT: Yeah, fm-radio is broken due to the se-policy rewrite. I just set the permissive mode and it started working again.

Reactions: MSe1969

Bergfex2

Apr 4, 2014
Thanks for your information. Then I will wait. With the AICP 15 - Rom (Android 10) the Radio works fine. For me, FM Radio is a nice feature because it uses less electricity. I do not use Netflix on my phone ;).

New "LineageOS 18.1 microG variant"
Hi all, I have created a new "microG" variant, which can be dirty-flashed on the previous test build:

It contains the changes announced by @115ek and also the kernel patches applied to the 17.1 September build, for which the feedback was given in the 17.1 thread, that the performance was improved (after recent decrease).

If you want to update from the 17.1 microG variant, please follow these instructions.

In general, we plan to provide the last 17.1 builds in October.

Reactions: 115ek and o-l-a-v

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Apps & Games
@115ek, @MSe1969

I have several Z1c with latest LOS 18.1, almost the same apps on all and the following problem occurs on all smartphones.
I have already done factory resets, installed only the most necessary apps, but without a positive result.

If I remove or connect the charging cable I see (not reproducible every time):
1. only a very short flicker on the screen
2. only the background becomes black for 1-3 seconds
3. the whole screen becomes black without status and navigation lines for 1- 3 seconds
4. the worst case: "System-UI does not respond, wait or close"

I have attached a catlog at removing the charging cable.

Even a test with LOS 17.1 shows the same.
I hope someone can see something in the catlog.

Attachments

• 2021-09-27-08-57-40.zip
    16.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
@115ek, @MSe1969

I have several Z1c with latest LOS 18.1, almost the same apps on all and the following problem occurs on all smartphones.
I have already done factory resets, installed only the most necessary apps, but without a positive result.

If I remove or connect the charging cable I see (not reproducible every time):
1. only a very short flicker on the screen
2. only the background becomes black for 1-3 seconds
3. the whole screen becomes black without status and navigation lines for 1- 3 seconds
4. the worst case: "System-UI does not respond, wait or close"

I have attached a catlog at removing the charging cable.

Even a test with LOS 17.1 shows the same.
I hope someone can see something in the catlog.
Are you able to reproduce this problem with a clean installation without ANY modification?

From the log I see that there is an exception thrown (java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException[I][/I]).
This is caused by com.anttek.widgets which leads me there. Is that correct? Do you have this thing installed?
To be honest: I can't really give support when it comes to xposed.
Could you check if the problem persists also without this app installed?

tramp20

Jan 15, 2012
Rosenheim
Apps & Games
Are you able to reproduce this problem with a clean installation without ANY modification?
No

This is caused by com.anttek.widgets which leads me there. Is that correct? Do you have this thing installed?
Yes but after uninstalling all lsposed modules and this app the problem still exists.

To be honest: I can't really give support when it comes to xposed.
Absolute.

It is very difficult to find this problem.
Since January I make countless clean LOS installs, install my apps one after the other, wait some days if the problem comes back and suddenly it happens again.
Sometimes I can stop charging over the whole day without a single flickering :-(

During lock screen this never happens.

It is never ending.

Anyway many thanks for looking in my log file.

Edit: but the system-ui should not crash.

Last edited:

Beni777

Sep 27, 2021
@115ek Hey bro, you make Android 12 for this mobile phone on October month?

October 4

A new leak courtesy of XDA Developers' editor-in-chief Mishaal Rahman claims that Android 12 will officially launch on October 4.

Last edited:

115ek

Jan 30, 2017
but the system-ui should not crash.
That is true.
However, when doing heavy modifications of the system itself, no one can guarantee that the system behaves as before. Perhaps the uninstall is not so clean as it should be? Just guessing...
But what does the log say when the app is uninstalled and the device gets stuck? That would be interesting.

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
Hi,
just ran an OTA update on the other version (17.1), worked flawlessly as ever.
Then I noticed MSe1969's remark about that it's probably the last update and that we should move over to 18.1. Also I found that post here which seems to suggest that I could try a "dirty" update from 17.1 to 18.1.
So I felt lucky and after creating a backup I simply dared to install 18.1 over the existing 17.1. Then I ended up in an endlessly looping LOS startup logo. After ~5 minutes I stopped it and restored my fresh backup.

Before I go and do a clean install: is this supposed to work, or did I get it all wrong?

Current setup is standard 17.1 (october build, non-microG), + OpenGApps pico + Magisk 20.3. Apps-wise there's nothing special, and no Xposed or other critical stuff

Let me know if you want to look at some catlog stuff, but that's probably useless in that case, is it?
Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi,
just ran an OTA update on the other version (17.1), worked flawlessly as ever.
Then I noticed MSe1969's remark about that it's probably the last update and that we should move over to 18.1. Also I found that post here which seems to suggest that I could try a "dirty" update from 17.1 to 18.1.
So I felt lucky and after creating a backup I simply dared to install 18.1 over the existing 17.1. Then I ended up in an endlessly looping LOS startup logo. After ~5 minutes I stopped it and restored my fresh backup.

Before I go and do a clean install: is this supposed to work, or did I get it all wrong?

Current setup is standard 17.1 (october build, non-microG), + OpenGApps pico + Magisk 20.3. Apps-wise there's nothing special, and no Xposed or other critical stuff

Let me know if you want to look at some catlog stuff, but that's probably useless in that case, is it?
Cheers!
Hi, my description was focusing on the microG variant. If you have variant A with Gapps, I'd recommend the following "dirty flash" approach:
- wipe the system partition
- flash LineageOS 18.1
- flash Gapps for Android 11

To me it seems, based on your description, that you did not update the Gapps to Android 11, so after flashing LineageOS 18.1 over 17.1, the Gapps survival script has restored the Android 10 Gapps, which for sure is a recipe for trouble...

Further, not sure about Magisk - do you have a survival script active?

Reactions: lm089

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
Hi, my description was focusing on the microG variant.
OK, makes sense...
If you have variant A with Gapps, I'd recommend the following "dirty flash" approach:
Good idea, I'll try that the other day
To me it seems, based on your description, that you did not update the Gapps to Android 11, ...
Oh, of course, forgot about that!
Not that I would know, it's just plain magisk, use it for rooting only

Thanks for the ideas. Will post results

lm089

Jun 26, 2011
Munich
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
OnePlus 6
Hi, my description was focusing on the microG variant. If you have variant A with Gapps, I'd recommend the following "dirty flash" approach:
- wipe the system partition
- flash LineageOS 18.1
- flash Gapps for Android 11

To me it seems, based on your description, that you did not update the Gapps to Android 11, so after flashing LineageOS 18.1 over 17.1, the Gapps survival script has restored the Android 10 Gapps, which for sure is a recipe for trouble...

Hi, did as you wrote: wipe system > flash ROM > flash BiTGApps
Delete Dalvik, just to be sure
Reboot to system took a while (was to be expected) then I ended up at the lock screen.
Trying to unlock (drawing pattern) screen goes black or a second or two then I'm back at the lock screen. I can repeat that as often as I wish. Also complete reboot doesn't help. (No the device isn't encrypted)

Thought that maybe Magisk 20.3 could be the cause. Back to TWRP, tried to run the Magisk uninstaller which resulted in an Error 1.

UPDATE: the cause for the uninstaller error was that I had used a script that apparently was too old...

Weird. Currently I'm on my way back to 17.1.

Next time I'll try to uninstall Magisk before flashing 18.1; hope that helps

UPDATE 2:
no it's not Magisk: even if I uninstall Magisk from V 17.1 I still have the same behaviour as described above.

Let me know if you wish to investigate then I can run a few more tests. Else I would do a clean install over the weekend; absolutely no problem for me as this is my secondary device with just 2 or 3 apps running on it, easy to get up and running from scratch.

UPDATE 3:
last test: before upgrading I removed the locking mechanism (removed pattern etc.), then repeated everything.
Result: now when the phone is ready booting LOS it shows the blank start screen (just the background image to be exact) for a very brief moment; the "Trust" message appears, then it crashes right back to the animated LOS boot logo > repeats "forever"

I assume that others probably had more luck upgrading that way, in that case it must be something I installed or configured, whatever that is...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts