[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0] Lineage OS 18.1 - Xiaomi A2 Lite

Search This thread

mnlsc

May 14, 2021
Some people here really need to curb their entitlement mentality. The dev is doing this for free, in his spare time.

He literally doesn't have to do this at all if he doesn't feel like it. Just wait or switch to a different rom in the meantime.

jamaladdini

May 26, 2020
Hi everyone
I was trying from yesterday to install the last release but I couldn't install it. At last I try the February release and it works like a charm. Everything works alreasdy until now.but I have a problem in network selection.
When I try to select network manually, unfortunatly it can't be set. Can somebody test it and say the result?

t123321

Dec 1, 2015
Some people here really need to curb their entitlement mentality. The dev is doing this for free, in his spare time.

He literally doesn't have to do this at all if he doesn't feel like it. Just wait or switch to a different rom in the meantime.
The developer has no obligation to do anything. But since so many people are waiting, it would be nice to say something about what to expect or not. Dont get me wrong, I know he doesnt have to do that just that it would be nice.
Switching to a different rom, you surely know, means set up your phone from start. Since lineage 18.1 was such a good rom many if us, I believe, could wait 2,3 weeks.

rootsdroid

Aug 6, 2017

Anyway, we know all that. The ROM is great, and it is a very good work from developer. We need only some news about ROM issues, nothing any more. No ETAs, no pressure.

Last edited:

rootsdroid

Aug 6, 2017
Brillant answer. Ok, so only video playing is broken. No problem with sound, BT, and so on...
Sorry, i don't read that you ask for a list. I have some sound issues long time ago, on all previous builds.

-Sound is shortly broken when minimizing/putting on background YouTube/Spotify...

-Outcoming call doesn't start over BT on my car OEM audio system (using audio systems screen/steering buttons), if phone screen is off and locked. I have to push A2 lite power button and then automatically call process continues.

-Video broken issue not appear over BT for me (last build).

Last edited:

marcelmi

May 15, 2021
I installed the ROM on my phone yesterday. The latest version
lineage-18.1-20210427-UNOFFICIAL-daisy.zip failed to boot (bootloop).
The previous two releases (20210221, 20210421) boot and look fine at first look. However, I was not able to connect to my wifi (which works of course fine with the stock ROM and other wifi devices, the wifi uses WPA2+3), which unfortunately renders both ROMs useless for me. I am puzzled that I am the only one with this problem. Or is there a trick to get wifi working?
I tried with a fresh stock ROM (latest version available) before flashing lineage.

Amarok19

Feb 25, 2014
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Two days ago I spent a ridiculous amount of time installing this ROM on my Mi A2 Lite, but it was totally worth it in the end, so I'll begin with a big THANK YOU to @reujea0 for the ROM itself and to @LinkBoi for the reco that made it possible to flash it.

So I had the same problem as @marcelmi - a bootloop between dastboot and Android One logo on the latest build. After reading the entire thread I decided to load the February build and it works flawlessly.

I'd love to give back to the communty so I wonder: is there a way to somehow investigate why the latest build won't boot and get some juicy logs for you guys?

Also I experienced some very minor bugs, some of which come up in this thread: no viewfinder preview in Google Lens, inability to switch camera HAL mode... And I feel like @Singman33 's idea to list them is a good direction - why don't we track bugs in GitHub?

DickyBosch

Jul 13, 2009
Maybe you should try this twrp https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-twrp-recovery-for-xiaomi-mi-a2-lite.4178901/

After formatting data, wipe everything except sdcard. I put necessary files on sdcard.

And after the step that you install the rom, install twrp installer, too. And before rebooting system, don't forget to change your slot(from reboot menu), and reboot to recovery again. Than i installed gapps and magisk and rebooted system. Everything gone well.
Hello, I have tried the official flash description and the one above, but unfortunately I keep on booting back into Fastboot. Any suggestioins?
PS. What do you mean by "wipe everything". I presume not system, because I tried that to but to no avail.

jamaladdini

May 26, 2020
Hello, I have tried the official flash description and the one above, but unfortunately I keep on booting back into Fastboot. Any suggestioins?
PS. What do you mean by "wipe everything". I presume not system, because I tried that to but to no avail.
If you flash the latest update, it's buggy(bootloop). Try previous version...

rootsdroid

Aug 6, 2017
After a few days, no more reboots needed to solve video issues... it is very strange.... maybe new Magisk version (23.0)?

But audio glitches when minimizing audio related apps, and my personal calling issue over BT in my OEM car audio aren't gone yet.

Last edited:

sergejschmal

May 22, 2012
After a few days, no more reboots needed to solve video issues... it is very strange.... maybe new Magisk version (23.0)?

But audio glitches when minimizing audio related apps, and my personal calling issue over BT in my OEM car audio aren't gone yet.
i can confirm, after updating magisk, whatsapp videos play again

Reactions: rootsdroid

reujea0

• Jan 31, 2016
    Soft bricked after update.
    TWRP over ADB to boot into Slot B and working again, but I think on old rom (20210421.104824). Update appears on updater again.

What's the issue? What I have to do now to avoid data corruption or data loss and get latest OTA without issues?
    Thanks
    Get the newest ota, make sure the rom's file indicates it was built in may(05)

Reactions: rootsdroid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Sorry, for leaving the rom broken and being away for so long. I had important deadlines at school and could no work on this rom. Sorry, from now on things should be much smoother, probably microg build coming in the next month.
      New OTA should be available today. Rom is finally stable and working. Updated to May's security patch and fixed power-off alarm.
      New OTA is out, link is updated in the OP thread. Read the following post for more information on how to update.
      Again, sorry to have released a bugged version and gonne away. Thanks to everyone who uses the rom, the kind messages and the helpful commentors.
      First I appreciate the more knowledgeable users who were here to advice everyone else. Second, some of you have guessed or seen that all the rom's releases were here https://github.com/a-huk/otaserver/releases . While I appreciate your detective work, don't go downloading any random files. Whenever there is a new WORKIGN update, meant for you folks, I always drop a message here immediately, update the link and make it available via OTA. So use the channels I provide you with, I cannot prevent you from downloading it directly, but then don't complain when you download it without you have been told to do so. If you want to keep up do date on what is going on/what I work on and what features might come next look rather here https://github.com/a-huk/device_xiaomi_daisy/commits/lineage-18.1 and wait for the greenlight before downloading.
      yUIn6TF.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11/R, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Disclaimer:
      Code:
      #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
      */

What's working:
      Boots
      RIL
      Fingerprint
      Wi-Fi
      Bluetooth
      Camera
      Audio
      Sensors
      Flash
      LED
      GPS

Known issues:
      You tell me

Installation:
      1. Download the latest build from here
      2. Download LinkBoi00's version of TWRP here
      3. Reboot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader)
      4. Fastboot into TWRP recovery (fastboot boot twrp*.img)
      5. Do a factory reset in TWRP
      6. Flash the latest build of Lineage OS
      7. Boot into your new phone
      Optional:
      Most of us will want the basic functionality like Google Play, Maps and others, therefore I recommend downloading Gapps. You choose your own, but I recommend OpenGapps. They are among the few that can survive OTA updates. They do not yet have official R builds, but you can yet the beta ones that work fine from here.
      If you do this, I recommend booting into the new LineageOS first, then reboot to recovery, do a factory reset and then only flash the gapps.

Credits:
      Lyceris-chan (most of this is possible due to him)
      LinkBoi00
      LineageOS
      The wider Android community

Ending words:
      This is a follow-up to the Lineage 17.1 ROM that I was working on. You cannot just upgrade from it to this via the system updater, you have to go through the process above. As said before, this is mostly possible due to Lyceris-chan, go support him. If you have any errors or questions feel free to ask in the thread. As for official status, might happen, probably not, I don't have enough time to make the push. As for MicroG, I plan to publish a build too, keep an eye out on xda. If I failed to credit you, make yourself known.

Sources:
      Device: https://github.com/a-huk/device_xiaomi_daisy/tree/lineage-18.1
      Kernel: https://github.com/Daisy-R-sources/kernel_xiaomi_sleepy
      Vendor: https://github.com/a-huk/vendor_xiaomi_daisy/tree/lineage-18.1

Old builds:
      If for some reason you need older builds, they can be found here: https://github.com/a-huk/otaserver/releases

Donate:
      By no means is it mandatory, I do this because I find it interesting. But it takes a lot of time and also requires me to have a powerful server, so if you could spare some change, I would be grateful.
      Donate
      Sorry, for leaving the rom broken and being away for so long. I had important deadlines at school and could no work on this rom. Sorry, from now on things should be much smoother, probably microg build coming in the next month.
      Latest OTA is out, Bluetooth is working and it has the February security patch. Feel free to tell me you got it.
      I have gotten Bluetooth fixed, selinux is enforcing. Building now to see if I can get WFD foxed as well.

Depending on the results, new build with February OTA might be out today or tomorrow.
      New OTA is out.