• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0] Lineage OS 18.1 - Xiaomi A2 Lite

Search This thread

monojp

Dec 30, 2011
Vienna
I will soon do a bit of dev for the June release, so feel free to drop issues or things you would like to see addressed/fixed/changed.
It would be great if you could take a look at the mic / echo cancellation problems on speakerphone that I mentioned. I tried tweaking/disabling fluence via build.prop but nothing seemed to have changed. Not sure if I did the right thing though.. And as this seems to be affecting all custom ROMs I have a bad feeling about it :/

Reactions: Coffeemi

Coffeemi

Feb 21, 2019
Takengon
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
I made a clean install of the latest build and my exFAT-formatted SD card didn't work (I was using the last LOS17 build and it worked fine), I had to reformat it using FAT32. Other than that, everything seems to be working as intended.

of course it can't be used if on android 10 you format it with Exfat and use it to A11 because it's a different system.. if it's just to save files, it's better to use a pc to format your memory card so that it can be used in all ROMs.

I only formatted the memory card once and I have switched OS several times, the files I saved are still there today..
😄

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604-223804_MiXplorer.png
    Screenshot_20210604-223804_MiXplorer.png
    188.7 KB · Views: 55

Coffeemi

Feb 21, 2019
Takengon
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
this is stock build.prop of lineageOs 18.1 currently version May , with safety net pass status (attention for this stock google lens doesn't work, but the quality of the GCam is very good)

if you want to replace it it would be better if you back up the original file first..

sharing is beautiful ☕☕☕

Edited Jun.07.21

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210604-225919_1¹.png
    Screenshot_20210604-225919_1¹.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20210604-225903_Google_Play_Store.png
    Screenshot_20210604-225903_Google_Play_Store.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

iamleobn

Jul 11, 2015
of course it can't be used if on android 10 you format it with Exfat and use it to A11 because it's a different system.. if it's just to save files, it's better to use a pc to format your memory card so that it can be used in all ROMs.

I only formatted the memory card once and I have switched OS several times, the files I saved are still there today..
😄
I've used this exFAT-formatted SD card on two different phones and many different Android versions, from Android 5 to Android 10, without any issues. I actually tried reformatting it with exFAT and ext4, and it also didn't work. Only FAT32 worked.

It's not a huge deal to me, I can live with it, but I'd like to be able to use a file system that supports files larger than 4GB.

Coffeemi

Feb 21, 2019
Takengon
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
I've used this exFAT-formatted SD card on two different phones and many different Android versions, from Android 5 to Android 10, without any issues. I actually tried reformatting it with exFAT and ext4, and it also didn't work. Only FAT32 worked.

It's not a huge deal to me, I can live with it, but I'd like to be able to use a file system that supports files larger than 4GB.
if you want to make the memory card as internal you can try with adb only I've tried it with a Sandisk memory card (32GB SDXHC red) and it works well but not all system application files can be moved, and it is recommended that you use a different version of the memory card higher, such as Sandisk Extreme and so on to make it faster when opening an application

Code
adb
adb shell
sm set-force-adoptable true
sm list-disks

Source and i have tested It and work

You can translate this page to English 🤞

Reactions: reujea0

Kevinmatrix

Jun 7, 2016
Thanks for the message. I have noticed this myself when I used to use the phone. I never looked into fixing that, but sure I can see if there is a way to improve that. BTW I recommend that you update to the latest version.
Hi again, thanks for your reply!
Could you by any chance provide the steps for dirty flashing? I don't want to set up my phone all over again, if possible.

doblee.p

May 27, 2019
With this rom can I save photos using the SD card? I'm currently using LOS 17 and I'm not allowed to save photos. Idk why, but can't use my sd card in most of the apps.

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
With this rom can I save photos using the SD card? I'm currently using LOS 17 and I'm not allowed to save photos. Idk why, but can't use my sd card in most of the apps.
It is not ROM specific, since like android kitkat, android made it harder and harder to fully use the sd. Just use a camera that allows it.

doblee.p

May 27, 2019
is normal that every time I do a factory reset all the data (including the OS) gets deleted? Because when I do a factory reset I have to install LOS and the GAPPS again.

KrisObcy

Mar 17, 2018
Respect for your hard work and thanks for making this ROM possible. However, I have one question and one suggestion. Yesterday I installed probably the last version 18.1 from May 24, 2021. In the settings - update options, I have a notification about the available update on May 24, 2021 with a weight of 691 MB, which is more or less the same as the entire downloaded ROM. Should I download and install it? I am attaching the screen. I also have a suggestion from myself, and also a request to restore the data counter on the notification bar. This is a very useful function for me. Besides, I did not notice any errors. Everything works quickly and smoothly. Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210614-095744_Ustawienia.png
    Screenshot_20210614-095744_Ustawienia.png
    144.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20210614-095419_Aktualizator.png
    Screenshot_20210614-095419_Aktualizator.png
    76.3 KB · Views: 42

Coffeemi

Feb 21, 2019
Takengon
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Respect for your hard work and thanks for making this ROM possible. However, I have one question and one suggestion. Yesterday I installed probably the last version 18.1 from May 24, 2021. In the settings - update options, I have a notification about the available update on May 24, 2021 with a weight of 691 MB, which is more or less the same as the entire downloaded ROM. Should I download and install it? I am attaching the screen. I also have a suggestion from myself, and also a request to restore the data counter on the notification bar. This is a very useful function for me. Besides, I did not notice any errors. Everything works quickly and smoothly. Thank you for your time.
currently there is no update available, pay attention to the month and date it is the same in the update, for data notifications I receive the notification if my data usage has exceeded 2GB for real time data notifications I don't see this available..!!..

If you want to know about the latest updates, you can visit this address

juanantofb

Jun 14, 2013
Hi all, sorry for my english.

LOS17 USB audio player pro work fine.

LOS18 USB audio player is not compatible with your pone.

In other pones with LOS 18 work fine.

Any solution?

Thanks.

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
Yes, the OTA is the same size as the ROM, I can't get incremental (smaller) updates to work just yet. By data counter you mean like internet up/down speeds? I believe that is not something that I can add. But I am sure that there are some apps that do that,no?

Coffeemi

Feb 21, 2019
Takengon
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    248 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20210618-231845_OnePlus_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210618-231845_OnePlus_Launcher.png
    474.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DO NOT INSTALL THIS ZIP WITHOUT KNOWING EXACTLY WHAT IT IS. THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE, JUST A TEST FILE.

As requested, here is a beta of the microG version. It looks functional at first sight, should be the same as the non-microg one. Give me feedback if you try it. If it is good will release it. Download this http://transfer.sh/1UtZs3v/$RK4RW1G.zip

Thanks
    I would like to express my gratitude for all the effort that went into getting LineageOS work A2 Lite 👍
    There was indeed an issue, where you could not get new OTAs when you were running the May version. It is fixed and the June update should show up for those people shortly. Maybe restart the device
    Indeed wifi calling does not work, will see if I can fix it.
    Hi, I have recently installed this ROM which is a big improvement on the stock ROM. However I would like to change one of the system fonts and cannot find a way of doing it. An example is shown on the attached screenshot, and the font I'm referring to is the time, battery percentage, and the titles Advanced Settings, MMS and Advanced.
    Can anyone help me with this?
    That is not the normal font, try a restart
    yUIn6TF.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11/R, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

What's working:
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    LED
    GPS

Known issues:
    You tell me

Installation:
    1. Download the latest build from here
    2. Download LinkBoi00's version of TWRP here
    3. Reboot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader)
    4. Fastboot into TWRP recovery (fastboot boot twrp*.img)
    5. Do a factory reset in TWRP
    6. Flash the latest build of Lineage OS
    7. Boot into your new phone
    Optional:
    Most of us will want the basic functionality like Google Play, Maps and others, therefore I recommend downloading Gapps. You choose your own, but I recommend OpenGapps. They are among the few that can survive OTA updates. They do not yet have official R builds, but you can yet the beta ones that work fine from here.
    If you do this, I recommend booting into the new LineageOS first, then reboot to recovery, do a factory reset and then only flash the gapps.

Credits:
    Lyceris-chan (most of this is possible due to him)
    LinkBoi00
    LineageOS
    The wider Android community

Ending words:
    This is a follow-up to the Lineage 17.1 ROM that I was working on. You cannot just upgrade from it to this via the system updater, you have to go through the process above. As said before, this is mostly possible due to Lyceris-chan, go support him. If you have any errors or questions feel free to ask in the thread. As for official status, might happen, probably not, I don't have enough time to make the push. As for MicroG, I plan to publish a build too, keep an eye out on xda. If I failed to credit you, make yourself known.

Sources:
    Device: https://github.com/a-huk/device_xiaomi_daisy/tree/lineage-18.1
    Kernel: https://github.com/Daisy-R-sources/kernel_xiaomi_sleepy
    Vendor: https://github.com/a-huk/vendor_xiaomi_daisy/tree/lineage-18.1

Old builds:
    If for some reason you need older builds, they can be found here: https://github.com/a-huk/otaserver/releases

Donate:
    By no means is it mandatory, I do this because I find it interesting. But it takes a lot of time and also requires me to have a powerful server, so if you could spare some change, I would be grateful.
    Donate
    Sorry, for leaving the rom broken and being away for so long. I had important deadlines at school and could no work on this rom. Sorry, from now on things should be much smoother, probably microg build coming in the next month.
    Latest OTA is out, Bluetooth is working and it has the February security patch. Feel free to tell me you got it.
    I have gotten Bluetooth fixed, selinux is enforcing. Building now to see if I can get WFD foxed as well.

Depending on the results, new build with February OTA might be out today or tomorrow.
    New OTA is out.