[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0] Lineage OS 18.1 - Xiaomi A2 Lite

srepole

Sep 25, 2018
I downloaded zip rom again, just to make sure the first file wasn' t corrupted.
I reflashed los starting from twrp, clean flash, data formatted.
Aosp mail app is missing.
Moreover i noticed that even if all flash steps went fine, when twrp prompted me to reboot to enter the system, twrp said " No OS installed " even if los was correctly flashed.
I actually noticed the same, weird, message last night during first flash.
I don' t know if it's an attributable error to twrp, 3.5.0_9-1 from Linkboi, or to rom.

Reactions: bradutu72

celrau

Mar 24, 2013
Thanks for advise but I am not sure if I can do it. As it seems a bit confusing for me.
I can provide you the 2 modules to be flashed in magisk, if you find a way. Basically one zip is microG and stuff and the other is a couple of frameworks which were modified to permit signature spoofing.

dedebekri

Aug 15, 2012
First I'd like to thank you @reujea0 for this really smooth and battery friendly rom (y)

Regarding 18.1 bugs I've seen;
- wfd (afaik, you need to use old blobs, like @lupesoltec did on syberia & havoc)
- cts (doesn't pass, needs to be handled via magisk hide props)
- hal switcher (doesn't function, installed @eremitein's fix to enable HAL3)

Hope you'll iron bugs out as you find time.

PS: Using TWRP 3.5.0_9-1, flamegapps basic and magisk 21.4 (which updated itself to 22 afterwards)

Centr0AS

Oct 31, 2018
Hello. Great rom. Smartphone feels different;) Thank you for your supporting this device. Appreciate that!). I think i founded to bugs:

1) May be, Wireless ADB via pair not working;

2) When i calling to a friend via Signal using wired headset, my friend can't hear me, but if i calling via bult in mic and then plug in headset, it's start working.

P.S. Sorry for bad English, it's not my navite lang.

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
Los stock email app is missing.
Am i the only one experiecing this issue ?
List of prebuilt los apps i found so far :
AudioFX
Browser
Calculator
Calendar
Contacts
Files
Camera
Gallery
Settings
Messaging
Music
Clock
Radio FM
Recorder
Dialer
Even highlighting in all apps, show system apps, i didn' t find email
Interesting, do you need the built-in app? Isn't it kind of trash/old?

Edit: It seems they have decided do discontinue the app, it does not a los18 branch on github. I suppose because people use other mail clients anyway. So there is nothing that I can do about it.

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
Here is the first problem I found after the new update - I can no longer install apps from google play. I tried several different apps but the result is the same - after the download progress reaches 100% I get a message that the app couldn't be downloaded and nothing more happens.
Are you sure that you have got opengapps or some right gapps? Try reinstalling gapps

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
First I'd like to thank you @reujea0 for this really smooth and battery friendly rom (y)

Regarding 18.1 bugs I've seen;
- wfd (afaik, you need to use old blobs, like @lupesoltec did on syberia & havoc)
- cts (doesn't pass, needs to be handled via magisk hide props)
- hal switcher (doesn't function, installed @eremitein's fix to enable HAL3)

Hope you'll iron bugs out as you find time.

PS: Using TWRP 3.5.0_9-1, flamegapps basic and magisk 21.4 (which updated itself to 22 afterwards)
I am aware and working on wfd. I am aware about CTS failing, maybe a fix will come, idk magisk fix has always been the way for me, will see. I haven't checked the hal switcher, I thought I had fixed it, will look into it. Thanks for the reports

Reactions: dedebekri

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
Hello. Great rom. Smartphone feels different;) Thank you for your supporting this device. Appreciate that!). I think i founded to bugs:

1) May be, Wireless ADB via pair not working;

2) When i calling to a friend via Signal using wired headset, my friend can't hear me, but if i calling via bult in mic and then plug in headset, it's start working.

P.S. Sorry for bad English, it's not my navite lang.
Thanks for the bugs, and the effort. I will look into wireless ADB. For the signal bug I will not be able to reporduce it. Could you send me an adb logcat of it when it happens?

Reactions: Centr0AS

Centr0AS

Oct 31, 2018
Hello.

1)About bug in Signal. I tried to represent that bug, but for now it's worked correct, strange thing.
I will look more, let you know if find out reason or catch this bug again.

Bug in details: If call was started with plugged headset , mic in the headset and the phone now working even if i unplug headset during the call, it's still don't work. But if call started without headset, mic starting successfully and if plug in headset during the call, it worked correctly.

2) About wireless ADB (just test itself, maybe i doing something wrong ). I see they changed it, now i't need to use "adb pair" not "adb connect". It's pairing but no result (device is not appearing in adb devices and android studio) but smartphone.

srepole

Sep 25, 2018

Edit: It seems they have decided do discontinue the app, it does not a los18 branch on github. I suppose because people use other mail clients anyway. So there is nothing that I can do about it.
I did some deep crossed research about missing prebuilt email app today.
As you pointed los team had deliberately decided to omit that app for some reasons.
But, according to me, it isn' t a great move shipping a rom without an email app.
Is their aosp email considered by audience as trash/old ?
Well, then give an alternative, but not build a rom without such a major app.
I know, we should simply login in our email from a browser, or flash gapps to get gmail, but it' s never been mandatory with los to flash gapps or installing apk, as i did, to get a fully functional rom.
And leave to users the decision of keep and use prebuilt email app, disable it or even delete/replace in favor of a personal choice.
Anyway, i enphasize, this is only my point of view.
Lastly, i also reported that weird message i got from twrp, no os installed, even if installation was fine.
I asked directly to the source of twrp, that wierd message is recovery related, maybe it will be fixed in next updates.
I hope this will help those will face the same condition.
Time to try gapps now ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: reujea0

rootsdroid

Aug 6, 2017
I did some deep crossed research about missing prebuilt email app today.
As you pointed los team had deliberately decided to omit that app for some reasons.
But, according to me, it isn' t a great move shipping a rom without an email app.
Is their aosp email considered by audience as trash/old ?
Well, then give an alternative, but not build a rom without such a major app.
I know, we should simply login in our email from a browser, or flash gapps to get gmail, but it' s never been mandatory with los to flash gapps or installing apk, as i did, to get a fully functional rom.
And leave to users the decision of keep and use prebuilt email app, disable it or even delete/replace in favor of a personal choice.
Anyway, i enphasize, this is only my point of view.
Lastly, i also reported that weird message i got from twrp, no os installed, even if installation was fine.
I asked directly to the source of twrp, that wierd message is recovery related, maybe it will be fixed in next updates.
I hope this will help those will face the same condition.
Time to try gapps now ;)
You can try K-9 Mail. :cool:

Reactions: reujea0