[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0] Lineage OS 18.1 - Xiaomi A2 Lite

Search This thread

srepole

Sep 25, 2018
I downloaded zip rom again, just to make sure the first file wasn' t corrupted.
I reflashed los starting from twrp, clean flash, data formatted.
Aosp mail app is missing.
Moreover i noticed that even if all flash steps went fine, when twrp prompted me to reboot to enter the system, twrp said " No OS installed " even if los was correctly flashed.
I actually noticed the same, weird, message last night during first flash.
I don' t know if it's an attributable error to twrp, 3.5.0_9-1 from Linkboi, or to rom.

Reactions: bradutu72

celrau

Mar 24, 2013
Thanks for advise but I am not sure if I can do it. As it seems a bit confusing for me.
I can provide you the 2 modules to be flashed in magisk, if you find a way. Basically one zip is microG and stuff and the other is a couple of frameworks which were modified to permit signature spoofing.

dedebekri

Aug 15, 2012
First I'd like to thank you @reujea0 for this really smooth and battery friendly rom (y)

Regarding 18.1 bugs I've seen;
- wfd (afaik, you need to use old blobs, like @lupesoltec did on syberia & havoc)
- cts (doesn't pass, needs to be handled via magisk hide props)
- hal switcher (doesn't function, installed @eremitein's fix to enable HAL3)

Hope you'll iron bugs out as you find time.

PS: Using TWRP 3.5.0_9-1, flamegapps basic and magisk 21.4 (which updated itself to 22 afterwards)

Centr0AS

Oct 31, 2018
Hello. Great rom. Smartphone feels different;) Thank you for your supporting this device. Appreciate that!). I think i founded to bugs:

1) May be, Wireless ADB via pair not working;

2) When i calling to a friend via Signal using wired headset, my friend can't hear me, but if i calling via bult in mic and then plug in headset, it's start working.

P.S. Sorry for bad English, it's not my navite lang.

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
Los stock email app is missing.
Am i the only one experiecing this issue ?
List of prebuilt los apps i found so far :
AudioFX
Browser
Calculator
Calendar
Contacts
Files
Camera
Gallery
Settings
Messaging
Music
Clock
Radio FM
Recorder
Dialer
Even highlighting in all apps, show system apps, i didn' t find email
Interesting, do you need the built-in app? Isn't it kind of trash/old?

Edit: It seems they have decided do discontinue the app, it does not a los18 branch on github. I suppose because people use other mail clients anyway. So there is nothing that I can do about it.

Reactions: yamaha77

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
Here is the first problem I found after the new update - I can no longer install apps from google play. I tried several different apps but the result is the same - after the download progress reaches 100% I get a message that the app couldn't be downloaded and nothing more happens.
Are you sure that you have got opengapps or some right gapps? Try reinstalling gapps

Reactions: yamaha77

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
First I'd like to thank you @reujea0 for this really smooth and battery friendly rom (y)

Regarding 18.1 bugs I've seen;
- wfd (afaik, you need to use old blobs, like @lupesoltec did on syberia & havoc)
- cts (doesn't pass, needs to be handled via magisk hide props)
- hal switcher (doesn't function, installed @eremitein's fix to enable HAL3)

Hope you'll iron bugs out as you find time.

PS: Using TWRP 3.5.0_9-1, flamegapps basic and magisk 21.4 (which updated itself to 22 afterwards)
I am aware and working on wfd. I am aware about CTS failing, maybe a fix will come, idk magisk fix has always been the way for me, will see. I haven't checked the hal switcher, I thought I had fixed it, will look into it. Thanks for the reports

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
Hello. Great rom. Smartphone feels different;) Thank you for your supporting this device. Appreciate that!). I think i founded to bugs:

1) May be, Wireless ADB via pair not working;

2) When i calling to a friend via Signal using wired headset, my friend can't hear me, but if i calling via bult in mic and then plug in headset, it's start working.

P.S. Sorry for bad English, it's not my navite lang.
Thanks for the bugs, and the effort. I will look into wireless ADB. For the signal bug I will not be able to reporduce it. Could you send me an adb logcat of it when it happens?

Centr0AS

Oct 31, 2018
Hello.

1)About bug in Signal. I tried to represent that bug, but for now it's worked correct, strange thing.
I will look more, let you know if find out reason or catch this bug again.

Bug in details: If call was started with plugged headset , mic in the headset and the phone now working even if i unplug headset during the call, it's still don't work. But if call started without headset, mic starting successfully and if plug in headset during the call, it worked correctly.

2) About wireless ADB (just test itself, maybe i doing something wrong ). I see they changed it, now i't need to use "adb pair" not "adb connect". It's pairing but no result (device is not appearing in adb devices and android studio) but smartphone.

srepole

Sep 25, 2018

Edit: It seems they have decided do discontinue the app, it does not a los18 branch on github. I suppose because people use other mail clients anyway. So there is nothing that I can do about it.
I did some deep crossed research about missing prebuilt email app today.
As you pointed los team had deliberately decided to omit that app for some reasons.
But, according to me, it isn' t a great move shipping a rom without an email app.
Is their aosp email considered by audience as trash/old ?
Well, then give an alternative, but not build a rom without such a major app.
I know, we should simply login in our email from a browser, or flash gapps to get gmail, but it' s never been mandatory with los to flash gapps or installing apk, as i did, to get a fully functional rom.
And leave to users the decision of keep and use prebuilt email app, disable it or even delete/replace in favor of a personal choice.
Anyway, i enphasize, this is only my point of view.
Lastly, i also reported that weird message i got from twrp, no os installed, even if installation was fine.
I asked directly to the source of twrp, that wierd message is recovery related, maybe it will be fixed in next updates.
I hope this will help those will face the same condition.
Time to try gapps now ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: reujea0

rootsdroid

Aug 6, 2017
I did some deep crossed research about missing prebuilt email app today.
As you pointed los team had deliberately decided to omit that app for some reasons.
But, according to me, it isn' t a great move shipping a rom without an email app.
Is their aosp email considered by audience as trash/old ?
Well, then give an alternative, but not build a rom without such a major app.
I know, we should simply login in our email from a browser, or flash gapps to get gmail, but it' s never been mandatory with los to flash gapps or installing apk, as i did, to get a fully functional rom.
And leave to users the decision of keep and use prebuilt email app, disable it or even delete/replace in favor of a personal choice.
Anyway, i enphasize, this is only my point of view.
Lastly, i also reported that weird message i got from twrp, no os installed, even if installation was fine.
I asked directly to the source of twrp, that wierd message is recovery related, maybe it will be fixed in next updates.
I hope this will help those will face the same condition.
Time to try gapps now ;)

You can try K-9 Mail. :cool:

Reactions: reujea0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any news on the MicroG build?
    No sorry I am low on time, managing personal life and studies with little time for dev. Maybe in april, sorry to let folks down.
    Here is what I did, i rebooted phone from twrp and then formatted my card on the phone (there was 2 options - format and format internal). I chose the reg format. I then removed the card and put the TWRP and Lineage zip file back on the card. I put card back in phone and then repeated the Fastboot into TWRP Recover. I could then see the zip files via TWRP. But, my next step (as is noted on this thread's instructions) is to do a Factory Reset in TWRP. So, I did that again and following this those zip files cannot be seen any more in TWRP (and I know they are there because I checked the card on my computer). So it seems when I do the Factory Reset from TWRP for some reason it makes the files (at least those zip files) invisible to TWRP. Maybe if the instructions here are saying to do a factory reset they are expecting the zip files to be installed from somewhere else?

Do it like this -

1. Download platform-tools, MiFlash. Open MiFlash and install drivers. Place platform-tools in a convenient place.
    2. Download custom ROM of your choice, Gapps, Magisk, latest TWRP recovery in both IMG and ZIP format (you'll need both) to your PC.
    3. Place the recovery IMG in platform-tools folder. You can rename it to something short like TWRP.img.
    4. Unlock Bootloader using this guide
    5. Now you need to flash recovery to both slots like this -
    fastboot flash boot_a TWRP.img
    fastboot flash boot_b TWRP.img
    6. Now reboot into recovery either by VOL UP + POWER or by typing adb reboot recovery.
    7. Format data in TWRP, confirm by typing yes.
    8. Go into Mount, make sure MTP is enabled and the Data partition is checked. Now you can send files from your PC to the phone. If your PC wont see the phone in File Explorer or you can't sent files over, reboot the phone to Recovery again by going to Reboot section and selecting Recovery and replug the cable to the PC.
    9. Once you have sent over your Custom ROM, the latest TWRP in ZIP format, Gapps etc. Now it's time to install. Go into Install section and install:
    - Custom ROM
    - TWRP in ZIP format.
    10. Once this finishes installing, go back to the main recovery screen. Go into Reboot section, switch active slot to the one that is inactive and reboot into recovery again.
    11. Now you can flash Gapps, Magisk etc.
    12. Once it's done, do a factory reset and reboot into system.
    Again, great work for bringing us the freshest of Lineage for Daisy! Do you have any ETA for a MicroG build?
    Most likely end of march
    @reujea0 I have some issues with Bluetooth. When I'm in my car, and I make a call through steering wheel controls (or from multimedia system), if the A2 Lite is screen off, the call is never done (the multimedia system says it is "calling", but no telephone signal...), but if I touch the power button and the screen goes on, then the call continues.
    The car audio system is OEM and never had this issue. I deleted the device and paired again, but nothing. Any help? Thanks
    Please send me a log of when that happens. YOu can record it directly on the phone https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dp.logcatapp&hl=en&gl=US
    I have fixed the camera switch, now I am trying to get wfd working. New build should be out in a couple of days.
    Do it like this -

1. Download platform-tools, MiFlash. Open MiFlash and install drivers. Place platform-tools in a convenient place.
    2. Download custom ROM of your choice, Gapps, Magisk, latest TWRP recovery in both IMG and ZIP format (you'll need both) to your PC.
    3. Place the recovery IMG in platform-tools folder. You can rename it to something short like TWRP.img.
    4. Unlock Bootloader using this guide
    5. Now you need to flash recovery to both slots like this -
    fastboot flash boot_a TWRP.img
    fastboot flash boot_b TWRP.img
    6. Now reboot into recovery either by VOL UP + POWER or by typing adb reboot recovery.
    7. Format data in TWRP, confirm by typing yes.
    8. Go into Mount, make sure MTP is enabled and the Data partition is checked. Now you can send files from your PC to the phone. If your PC wont see the phone in File Explorer or you can't sent files over, reboot the phone to Recovery again by going to Reboot section and selecting Recovery and replug the cable to the PC.
    9. Once you have sent over your Custom ROM, the latest TWRP in ZIP format, Gapps etc. Now it's time to install. Go into Install section and install:
    - Custom ROM
    - TWRP in ZIP format.
    10. Once this finishes installing, go back to the main recovery screen. Go into Reboot section, switch active slot to the one that is inactive and reboot into recovery again.
    11. Now you can flash Gapps, Magisk etc.
    12. Once it's done, do a factory reset and reboot into system.
    ok, i ended up following these steps and I now have Lineage installed - seems to be working. Thank you very much.
    yUIn6TF.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11/R, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

What's working:
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    LED
    GPS

Known issues:
    You tell me

Installation:
    1. Download the latest build from here
    2. Download LinkBoi00's version of TWRP here
    3. Reboot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader)
    4. Fastboot into TWRP recovery (fastboot boot twrp*.img)
    5. Do a factory reset in TWRP
    6. Flash the latest build of Lineage OS
    7. Boot into your new phone
    Optional:
    Most of us will want the basic functionality like Google Play, Maps and others, therefore I recommend downloading Gapps. You choose your own, but I recommend OpenGapps. They are among the few that can survive OTA updates. They do not yet have official R builds, but you can yet the beta ones that work fine from here.
    If you do this, I recommend booting into the new LineageOS first, then reboot to recovery, do a factory reset and then only flash the gapps.

Credits:
    Lyceris-chan (most of this is possible due to him)
    LinkBoi00
    LineageOS
    The wider Android community

Ending words:
    This is a follow-up to the Lineage 17.1 ROM that I was working on. You cannot just upgrade from it to this via the system updater, you have to go through the process above. As said before, this is mostly possible due to Lyceris-chan, go support him. If you have any errors or questions feel free to ask in the thread. As for official status, might happen, probably not, I don't have enough time to make the push. As for MicroG, I plan to publish a build too, keep an eye out on xda. If I failed to credit you, make yourself known.

Sources:
    Device: https://github.com/a-huk/device_xiaomi_daisy/tree/lineage-18.1
    Kernel: https://github.com/Daisy-R-sources/kernel_xiaomi_sleepy
    Vendor: https://github.com/a-huk/vendor_xiaomi_daisy/tree/lineage-18.1

Old builds:
    If for some reason you need older builds, they can be found here: https://github.com/a-huk/otaserver/releases

Donate:
    By no means is it mandatory, I do this because I find it interesting. But it takes a lot of time and also requires me to have a powerful server, so if you could spare some change, I would be grateful.
    Donate
    Latest OTA is out, Bluetooth is working and it has the February security patch. Feel free to tell me you got it.
    I have gotten Bluetooth fixed, selinux is enforcing. Building now to see if I can get WFD foxed as well.

Depending on the results, new build with February OTA might be out today or tomorrow.
    Thanks for the rom, is enforcing like lineage 17.1?.
    Not on this version, but next OTA so in like a week or so, it should.
    Yes, both Bluetooth and Wfd are being worked on. As soon as I hear something positive from beta testers, I will let you know and release it
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone