[ROM and MICROG][UNOFFICIAL][11.0] Lineage OS 18.1 - Xiaomi A2 Lite

Search This thread

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
Hi, I've just updated via OTA and the update is working pretty well. Apart from one problem:
The Camera HAL switch is gone and the Camera2API seems to be disabled. Is this change intentional? Should I edit build.prop to enable it back? Or is this problem only on my end?
That is true. As most issues were linked to the camera, there is now a new camera backend. With that comes the removal of the HAL switch. Try editing it and report on how it went :D

godofpain

Feb 18, 2017
That is true. As most issues were linked to the camera, there is now a new camera backend. With that comes the removal of the HAL switch. Try editing it and report on how it went :D
I edited build.prop and yup, works great! I can now use the 2nd back camera with Open Camera (although I doubt I'll need it). Just like the stock rom and other custom roms(?), the exposure setting goes up to 32s, yet cuts off after 1s. Though I came to accept it as this phone's curse, so I don't really mind it anymore. Still, if you know the reason for that, a fix or tip would be very much appreciated! :D

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
I edited build.prop and yup, works great! I can now use the 2nd back camera with Open Camera (although I doubt I'll need it). Just like the stock rom and other custom roms(?), the exposure setting goes up to 32s, yet cuts off after 1s. Though I came to accept it as this phone's curse, so I don't really mind it anymore. Still, if you know the reason for that, a fix or tip would be very much appreciated! :D
Nice, thanks for the information. I did not know about the exposure issue. Any other issues, maybe with flash, or on the stock camera?

nikolai7

Feb 16, 2016
It seems that the notification LED now stays ON during the notification instead of being intermittent. Is this intended? I liked the intermittent led.

reujea0

Jan 31, 2016
Adam!
We are sure that you will do just as well with Android-12!
Adamie!
Jesteśmy pewni, że równie dobrze poradzisz sobie z Androidem-12!

HIPQQ4qnl6Q
🤪
There is some solid work done for A12 on daisy. That said, I won't be building and maintaining LOS19 for daisy. I will post more info about that once there is more concrete information.

godofpain

Feb 18, 2017
Nice, thanks for the information. I did not know about the exposure issue. Any other issues, maybe with flash, or on the stock camera?
Also, after some research today, I found out that the exposure issue is present (and apparently solved by the community) on several other xiaomi phones:
https://xdaforums.com/t/redmi-note-5-camera-lib-mods-shutter-time-limit.3841184/
https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-camera-mod-32s-long-exposure-for-redmi-note-4-redmi-note-4x.3657343/

Both of these threads point to the camera libraries at /system/vendor/lib/ being the culprit, I believe the ones starting with "libmmcamera_". So I disassembled these files but since I don't know anything about ARM Assembly, I was unable to proceed further.

If you'd like to check this problem out (or know someone who might), I hope these will give you a nice starting point. I'm sure it'd be very appreciated by A2 Lite users around the world if this was to be fixed.

t123321

Dec 1, 2015
Hello, I have a problem installing custom roms in my a2 lite. After installing zip through twrp, change slot and reboot, rebooting takes for ever. I can only install official image with xiaomi flash tool.
This is not only with lineage but with other roms too.
Do you have any suggestions?

grufty47

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
Successfully upgraded from Android 10 stock with July security patches to your LineageOS 18.1 by use of TWRP and Magisk. Everything works fine though ES Explorer returns authentication failure on using the root explorer, e.g. shows no root directories. However, no problem with Xplore file explorer all the root directories can be seen. This work is really worth a donation (done)!
Thanks!

Reactions: reujea0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11/R, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

What's working:
    Boots
    RIL
    Fingerprint
    Wi-Fi
    Bluetooth
    Camera
    Audio
    Sensors
    Flash
    LED
    GPS

Known issues:
    You tell me

Installation:
    1. Download the latest build from here
    2. Download LinkBoi00's version of TWRP here
    3. Reboot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader)
    4. Fastboot into TWRP recovery (fastboot boot twrp*.img)
    5. Do a factory reset in TWRP
    6. Flash the latest build of Lineage OS
    7. Boot into your new phone
    Optional:
    Most of us will want the basic functionality like Google Play, Maps and others, therefore I recommend downloading Gapps. You choose your own, but I recommend OpenGapps. They are among the few that can survive OTA updates.
    If you do this, I recommend booting into the new LineageOS first, then reboot to recovery, do a factory reset and then only flash the gapps. If you don't do this, the gapps won't install properly

Credits:
    Lyceris-chan (most of this is possible due to him)
    LinkBoi00
    ItsVixano
    LineageOS
    The wider Android community

Ending words:
    This is a follow-up to the Lineage 17.1 ROM that I was working on. You cannot just upgrade from it to this via the system updater, you have to go through the process above. As said before, this is mostly possible due to Lyceris-chan, go support him. If you have any errors or questions feel free to ask in the thread. As for official status, might happen, probably not, I don't have enough time to make the push. As for MicroG, I plan to publish a build too, keep an eye out on xda. If I failed to credit you, make yourself known.

Sources:
    Device: https://github.com/a-huk/device_xiaomi_daisy/tree/lineage-18.1
    Kernel: https://github.com/Daisy-R-sources/kernel_xiaomi_sleepy
    Vendor: https://github.com/a-huk/vendor_xiaomi_daisy/tree/lineage-18.1

Old builds:
    If for some reason you need older builds, they can be found here: https://github.com/a-huk/otaserver/releases

Donate:
    By no means is it mandatory, I do this because I find it interesting. But it takes a lot of time and also requires me to have a powerful server, so if you could spare some change, I would be grateful.
    Donate

MicroG:
    If you know what this is, then feel free to install it. This is the same ROM as above, but "debloated" of Google Services that are replaced with open-source alternatives. It mainly works the same, but most daily users will prefer the "normal version". This ROM has its own separate OTA engine, so it should receive updates over it too. You can download it here. The install process is very similar, just don't install Gapps at the end.
    Sorry, for leaving the rom broken and being away for so long. I had important deadlines at school and could no work on this rom. Sorry, from now on things should be much smoother, probably microg build coming in the next month.
    Sorry have been a long time away on holidays. I am back, so there will be an august version and soon a september one. IDK about offcial, probably not happening. Will release microg jsut after that. If I missed your questions, please post them again
    I have gotten Bluetooth fixed, selinux is enforcing. Building now to see if I can get WFD foxed as well.

Depending on the results, new build with February OTA might be out today or tomorrow.
    Latest OTA is out, Bluetooth is working and it has the February security patch. Feel free to tell me you got it.