[ROM][Unofficial][11.0][microG][signed]hardened LineageOS 18.1 Oneplus 3/3T

Search This thread

dhd-user

Nov 19, 2012
old account, as I mostly just read not post here.

Coming from your LOS17.1 which was t3h best ROM for this phone to this.....
Why did you even chose to change it :(

basically 18.1 is a fresh install now, almost no changes, just installed magisk, fdroid, enabled developer options.
1. Search in settings does not work. Either no result or just closes settings app entirely. Cleaning data for settings did not fix the issue.
2. Bromite does not even start (bult-in version). Closes on start. Installed KIWI next and it works 100%.
3. considerable amount of time just to boot. Before LOS logo appears it takes maybe 20 sec?
4. By default display power saving is on after install. All graphic transitions etc are miserably slow and awful as a result. Luckily needs just to change an option.

Reactions: thomasnsr
old account, as I mostly just read not post here.

Coming from your LOS17.1 which was t3h best ROM for this phone to this.....
Why did you even chose to change it :(

basically 18.1 is a fresh install now, almost no changes, just installed magisk, fdroid, enabled developer options.
Thanks for your feedback.

1. Search in settings does not work. Either no result or just closes settings app entirely. Cleaning data for settings did not fix the issue.
That's odd, on my device no issue at all.

2. Bromite does not even start (bult-in version). Closes on start. Installed KIWI next and it works 100%.
Next build will have updated Bromite version w/o that issue, you can also update Bromite via f-droid. Don't know what was the reason, when I shipped this version, all was fine, but after a couple of days, it started to misbehave. Was an issue with Bromite.

3. considerable amount of time just to boot. Before LOS logo appears it takes maybe 20 sec?
Yes, observed that too. However - that's not a "show-stopper" for me. Once booted up, all fine.

Android Auto Support (flashable ZIP)

Hello all, based on the work on a different device (OP7T Pro) in another thread, I have created a flashable ZIP to support Android Auto on this ROM. Might be interesting for some of you. I won't ship it with any of my ROMs, but have created a flashable ZIP (and a removal ZIP) only.

It will install basically two Stub apks, the AA apk (which you would need to update via Aurora) and a Stub to mock the existence of the "Hey Google" spyware (don't update, you definitely don't want that on your phone). You will be forced to install Google speech services and G* Maps (even if you don't intend to use it, AA will refuse to start, if Maps is not present and does not have the right to permanently access your location!). Connect the phone via USB with your car and follow instructions - you will have to play around a bit until all works; e.g. you need to grant notification access to your launcher etc. You can safely ignore the "update play services" notification on your device.

As indicated, for me personally, the setup finally ends up in too much G* spyware permanently active on the device (that is, why I don't ship it along with my ROM, but only offer a flashable ZIP), but depending on the use case, it may be a desirable setup for some people.

Please further note, this is provided "as is" without any further support - especially be prepared, that the possibility exists, that any future update of Maps or AA may render this setup non-functional.

Anyway, for the interested folks of you: Happy flashing! :)

davidlyerly

Nov 5, 2021
Pretty cool. I grabbed the april rom yesterday and finally decided to use my T-Mobile 7T totally stock, no root, yet. Neither my 3T (rooted) nor my 7T (t-mo not rooted) use a sim card. The 7T is actually in the reset stage, no updates, fingerprints or security codes of any kind.

On the 7T I was looking at running services and noticed google was using like 10 things under one item even after I had tried killing most of them off. Things like "ThunderbirdInjectorService...", "LocationHistoryInjectorService...", "MessengerIjectorService...", basically all this spyware location tracking injector crap that I don't even need. After disabling Google Play Services (TG I thought it might be another one you can't stop), now there is zero google anything running in my services, zilch. It did throw a huge warning about not being able to connect to such and such but I ignored it and cleared the notification. Everything I need the phone to do so that I can leave my 3T in my vehicle at all times it does perfectly. Netguard is my only "security" and it works great for that. Android auto? That'll never happen. Basically I mirrored what's on my 3, to the 7, kiss launcher, files, everything just about.
I wanted to put the 7T in my V but it has no headphone port and my V(hicle) has no BT either. I use an fm transmitter instead for tethering to my actual cellphone (through the car speakers) when I need to.
Thanks MSe1969. You da man.

What's funny is I didn't even know you had a 7T much less a rom for one until after I bought mine. I was just looking for a phone that didn't have 5G built-in. The 7T is a much nicer phone than is the 3. Aside from lack of headphone jack it does have 2x the memory just for starters. Actually the 3T says 52.xGB and the 7T reports 95.xGB in mixplorer. Way better.

Last edited:
New build with May 2022 ASB patches

Hi all,
a new build for the OP3(T) containing the April 2022 ASB patches has been released and is already offered by the Updater app for OTA updates:
  • Security string 2022-05-05
  • Some kernel patches
  • Bromite Browser and Webview on 101.0.4951.53
  • microG updated to 0.2.24.214816-10
  • Mozilla Location provider on 1.5.0
Happy flashing,
Regards, M.

davidlyerly

Nov 5, 2021
Awesome possum. Thanks MSe. Do you have any recommendation for a tablet that is rootable. I have a Huawei M5 Lite 8". Really nice hardware and it's super fast but totally chinese and unrootable. I'd like to swap my oneplus 3t that's in my car for a tablet but it needs to have a headphone jack. I don't want a newer headset in my car that I can't turn BT off so I'm thinking just leave it as is using an fm transmitter via a 7-8 inch tablet to the speakers. That way I have a nice big TS with wifi etc, but with the ability to turn the radios off. As far as I'm aware any car radio with BT, it's just always on which is a security flaw. All new cars have full cellular and BT, wifi too no doubt, but with no way to actually turn any of it off.

Awesome possum. Thanks MSe. Do you have any recommendation for a tablet that is rootable. I have a Huawei M5 Lite 8". Really nice hardware and it's super fast but totally chinese and unrootable. I'd like to swap my oneplus 3t that's in my car for a tablet but it needs to have a headphone jack. I don't want a newer headset in my car that I can't turn BT off so I'm thinking just leave it as is using an fm transmitter via a 7-8 inch tablet to the speakers. That way I have a nice big TS with wifi etc, but with the ability to turn the radios off. As far as I'm aware any car radio with BT, it's just always on which is a security flaw. All new cars have full cellular and BT, wifi too no doubt, but with no way to actually turn any of it off.
Well, difficult to give good advice - I personally would aim at a used Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (with qualcomm chipset) - but that is also based on the fact, that I would be able to build a LineageOS ROM for myself (no idea, whether there are still ROMs available) - I also offer a cm-14.1 ROM for a Galaxy Tab S2 LTE 9.2 (Exynos), this is a device, I own myself.

kararangga

Dec 15, 2015
Bandjarmasin

Attachments

• IMG_20220516_091316.jpg
    IMG_20220516_091316.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 15
I've tried it, and it didn't work.
can i flash opengapps?
Let me give you a more comprehensive answer.

First things first: Flashing Gapps on this ROM is not recommended !
It is your device, so you can try, whatever you like. If you would like to try flashing Gapps on this ROM, it is your choice, but I do not recommend this and I don't expect this to properly work, due to various reasons. If you decide to go that path, you are on your own, please don't expect me to support.

Now some general remarks:
microG does not aim at being the "better Gapps" - it is an attempt to provide a minimum compatibility to many apps with Google dependencies on a device without Google spyware for people aiming at getting away from Google. There is also some integration functionality with Google account, but limited.

Having said this, this in fact leaves you three general directions to head to:

a. Use DAVDroid in conjunction with a different provider (this is what I do)
You don't need Google to synch your contacts and calendar - there are other providers offering you such services. OK, this in most cases isn't cost free - this may cost you ~1€ per month (e.g. mailbox.org, posteo.de, ...), but honestly, this isn't too expensive and I do NOT want any company spying on my mails and profiling my contacts and "proactively" scan my digital life for "suspicious activities", so I happily pay 1€ per month for an encrypted - if needed anonymous - mail account with calendar and contact sync options.
(You could think of starting with the synch and later step by step moving your mail account or decide not to)

b. Try to solve the technical issue with G* synch adapter
It is said to normally work flawlessly with the G* synch adapters. You should check the logs, look at issues in the microG org. at Github etc. (Maybe permissions to be set?). I remember even having seen a guy providing a flashable zip witzh the G* synch adapters for microG - search the net and I am optimistic you'll find a solution.
Look e.g. here:

c. Use Gapps with official LineageOS build
The need for Gapps just to synch your calendar and contacts is a bad deal. If you are privacy aware, you should focus on the 1st two options listed by me. However - If you really want to stick with Google and Gmail and take advantage of all the offerings of your Google account - so you really want to use Gapps for their entire scope, then you should use the official LineageOS build for this device together with Gapps.

Last edited:

poweroffcomputer

May 21, 2022
I edited this because it was inappropriate.
How was the spoofing and firewall implemented into this rom? if possible please share links to that.

i would like to work out a custom boot animation would you implement that into your roms if its good?

Last edited:

davidlyerly

Nov 5, 2021
Hey MSe, you said, "I also offer a cm-14.1 ROM for a Galaxy Tab S2 LTE 9.2 (Exynos), this is a device, I own myself.".

I think you're referring to the 9.7" S2 but I can't seem to figure out which rom it is exactly you already have built for it. Would you please post a link for the rom thread? The S2 rooted with your rom would be nice as the 9.7" is fairly cheap on ebay right now. I don't even care if the rom is old, as long as it's microg (hopefully).

I only use my 8" hauwei m5 lite for my ipcam, nothing else. I deleted all the certs and disabled everything I could, incl covering both cameras. My 3T is showing it's age for sure but does the trick as a tiny tablet. But a cheap 9.7, rooted, would be ideal. Laptops are nice but not quite as convenient as is android which you can leave on 24/7. You can't leave your laptop on 24/7 and you can't leave it plugged in all the time either.

I got a small BT 12V dongle (fm transmitter) and am going to use the 7T in my V instead. Just have to figure out how to give it power even when the car is off so it doesn't die.

Reactions: MSe1969
Hey MSe, you said, "I also offer a cm-14.1 ROM for a Galaxy Tab S2 LTE 9.2 (Exynos), this is a device, I own myself.".

I think you're referring to the 9.7" S2 but I can't seem to figure out which rom it is exactly you already have built for it. Would you please post a link for the rom thread? The S2 rooted with your rom would be nice as the 9.7" is fairly cheap on ebay right now. I don't even care if the rom is old, as long as it's microg (hopefully).
Here we go:

Actually, it is "vanilla" LineageOS 14.1, but I also build (for myself) the microG variant.
As this thread hasn't really many downloaders/users, I didn't really bother to provide two variants, yet.
But as I build for myself anyhow, I can give it a try and offer the microG variant as well...

How was the spoofing and firewall implemented into this rom? if possible please share links to that.
Just noticed, that I didn't answer to that post - sorry.
The signature spoofing commits (please refer to the microG and the lineageos4microg GH org to see their origin, e.g. here):

The firewall is just a front end to the already existing LineageOS functionality, which is available in each individual app setting. As such the FW settings item simply allows you to make these settings in one common screen instead of doing that app per app - it was picked from the LineageOS Gerrit (and adapted):

...or do you mean my iptables blocking script?

i would like to work out a custom boot animation would you implement that into your roms if its good?
Don't want to promise, but why not?
(Prerequisite of course is, that it sticks to a simple not too large compressed archive containing the picture sequence and no "sophisticated security risk" thingi expecting and attempting to load external content at startup...)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build with June 2022 ASB patches available
    Hi all,
    a new build with the June 2022 ASB patches is available for download and also offered by the Updater app:
    • Security string 2022-06-05
    • Some kernel patches
    • Bromite Browser and Webview on 102.0.5005.96
    • microG updated to 0.2.24.214816-11
    Happy flashing,
    regards, M.

I only use my 8" hauwei m5 lite for my ipcam, nothing else. I deleted all the certs and disabled everything I could, incl covering both cameras. My 3T is showing it's age for sure but does the trick as a tiny tablet. But a cheap 9.7, rooted, would be ideal. Laptops are nice but not quite as convenient as is android which you can leave on 24/7. You can't leave your laptop on 24/7 and you can't leave it plugged in all the time either.

I got a small BT 12V dongle (fm transmitter) and am going to use the 7T in my V instead. Just have to figure out how to give it power even when the car is off so it doesn't die.

Here we go:

Actually, it is "vanilla" LineageOS 14.1, but I also build (for myself) the microG variant.
    As this thread hasn't really many downloaders/users, I didn't really bother to provide two variants, yet.
    But as I build for myself anyhow, I can give it a try and offer the microG variant as well...
    Just noticed, that I didn't answer to that post - sorry.
    The signature spoofing commits (please refer to the microG and the lineageos4microg GH org to see their origin, e.g. here):

The firewall is just a front end to the already existing LineageOS functionality, which is available in each individual app setting. As such the FW settings item simply allows you to make these settings in one common screen instead of doing that app per app - it was picked from the LineageOS Gerrit (and adapted):

...or do you mean my iptables blocking script?

Don't want to promise, but why not?
    (Prerequisite of course is, that it sticks to a simple not too large compressed archive containing the picture sequence and no "sophisticated security risk" thingi expecting and attempting to load external content at startup...)
    This thread is dedicated to provide hardened Lineage-OS 18.1 builds with microG included for the OnePlus 3/3T with current security patches.

It is the successor of my Lineage 17.1 thread.
    It may be worth to also look there, if you are looking for information.

Download here

Features of this ROM

• Pre-installed microG like LineageOS for microG project (own fork)
    • Pre-installed AuroraStore, AuroraDroid and AuroraServices
    • OTA Support
    • eSpeakTTS engine
    • Bromite as default browser
    • Additional security hardening features listed below:
    • Cloudflare as default DNS (instead of Google)
    • Privacy-preferred default settings
    • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking (Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Optional disable captive portal detection or choose from various providers (default is GrapheneOS and not Google; Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Firewall UI (under Trust)
    • Increased max. password length of 64
    • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google when GPS is in use
    • Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
    • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView
    • Extra control of sensor access for additionally installed user apps (Special access under app permissions)
    • Kernel kept up to date with ASB patches of Google kernel/common 'android-4.14-q-release' branch
    • Debloated from Oneplus blobs for Soter and IFAA
    • Hardened bionic lib and constified JNI method tables
    • Option to only use fingerprint unlock for apps and not for the device
    • Optional timeout for Bluetooth and WLAN connections
    • Per connection WiFi randomization option

Current release levels

Security string: 2022-06-05
    AOSP tag: 11.0.0_r46
    Bromite Browser and System Webview: M102

Source-code and build instructions

Kernel: https://github.com/lin18-microg/android_kernel_oneplus_msm8996/tree/lin-18.1-mse3
    Build manifest: https://github.com/lin18-microg/local_manifests/tree/lin-18.1-hmalloc

Installation Instructions​

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE SOLELY YOURSELF FOR ANY ACTIONS YOU DO WITH YOUR DEVICE !!!

Please note - I won't explain any single aspect (e.g. how to install 'fastboot' on your PC or troubleshoot USB connectivity issues under Windows). Search the net and consult the search engine of your choice or look here in XDA, there is plenty of information available.

Pre-Requisites

• If you come from OxygenOS Stock ROM, make sure to update to the latest offered software version (if not, no issue).
    • Have fastboot and adb installed on your PC and make sure, you can connect via USB to your device in fastboot mode and via adb
    • An unlocked bootloader (see e.g. LineageOS install instructions)
    • OxygenOS 9.0.6 firmware, which is needed for LineageOS 18.1 - see next section
    • Download the most current .ZIP file of the ROM and place it to your phone's internal memory

OxygenOS 9.0.6 Firmware

If you come from my LineageOS 17.1 build - or any Android 10 based ROM, you most probably have already the proper firmware.
    And yes, LineageOS 18.1 is Android 11, but the latest firmware for this device has been published by Oneplus for Android 9.
    How to find out about your current firmware, if you use a Custom ROM:
    Connect as root via adb to your phone and enter the command adb shell cat /system/vendor/firmware_mnt/verinfo | grep Time_Stamp
    If the result is "Time_Stamp": "2019-11-04 21:25:29", you are on the latest firmware, if the date/time is earlier, you need to update the firmware. THIS THREAD has got more information for you.
    If you come from an Oreo (Android 8.x) Custom ROM, READ THE OP OF THIS THREAD CAREFULLY !
    I can't explain it better and I am not going to repeat or summarize this. It really is in your interest to carefully read it - you have been notified and warned. Please also pay attention to the last section named "Alipay, WeChatpay, Soter and IFAA" - I strongly recommend to use the debloated firmware.

Install TWRP recovery

If you come from stock ROM and have just unlocked your boot loader, this is the next thing to do. I recommend to use the TWRP recovery for the OnePlus 3/3T. The following instructions are based on TWRP.
    To install TWRP, download the twrp-x.x.x-x-oneplus3.img file (Note: replace "x.x.x-x" in the following instructions with the respective values from the real file name) to your PC, connect the phone via USB to your PC, get it into 'fastboot mode' and enter the following command on your PC:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-x.x.x-x-oneplus3.img
    Afterwards, directly boot into 'recovery mode' (enter fastboot reboot on your PC and hold Power and vol.down) - DO NOT boot into the phone's Android system after having flashed TWRP! Once TWRP has been launched, you may decide to reboot your phone and install the ROM at any time later. But the first boot after flashing TWRP must be TWRP in recovery mode.

Advanced Wipe

ONLY perform the steps described here, if you come from Stock ROM or a different Custom ROM![/B]
    Boot into recovery mode. In TWRP, choose "Wipe", "Advanced" and specify "Dalvik", "System", "Cache" and "Data" to be wiped. Make sure NOT to wipe "Internal memory". Swipe to confirm the deletion and get back into the main menu.

DO NOT flash Gapps!
    This ROM comes with pre-installed microG. So don't attempt to flash Gapps.

Install ROM

In the TWRP main menu, choose "Install". A file manager appears to let you navigate to your internal memory (path /sdcard). Choose the .ZIP file of our ROM and swipe to flash.
    If you update from a previous version of my ROM, including my LineageOS 17.1 build, you don't need to perform a wipe. If you come from a different ROM (or stock firmware), make sure that you have performed the Wipe steps above.
    When finished flashing, return to the main menu, choose "Reboot" and then "System", which will cause your phone to boot into Lineage OS 18.1 - be patient, the first boot after flashing a new ROM takes quite long!

Dealing with signed builds​

Please note, that this builds is signed with an own key. When you come from a different build, you cannot directly "dirty-flash" this build. You have to perform a "clean flash" (recommended), or - you do this on your own risk - you may try the below steps.

This happens at your own risk - make a backup with TWRP before!
    • Download and extract the file migration.sh from this archive
    • This file helps you to migrate from a build signed with the publicly available test keys (i.e. all builds around, which do not state that they are signed). If you come from another signed build (e.g. official LineageOS), you have to adapt the file accordingly (see below links).
    • boot into TWRP
    • push the migration.sh file to the directory /data/local on your device and mount the /system partition in TWRP (you can do so using the dedicated TWRP's menu entry)
    • launch the built-in terminal in TWRP, cd into /data/local, make migration.sh executable (chmod +x) and execute the command ./migration.sh official
    • (In case you receive an error, try sh ./migration.sh official instead)
    • flash the ROM .zip
    • wipe Cache and Dalvik/ART Cache
    • reboot system
    More background information and the "theory behind" can be found in the LineageOS wiki and AOSP reference.

Bug reports:

If you have a problem, please create a post with these informations:
    Original Kernel shipped with this rom:
    Build Date:
    And try to get log as described here
    Please note that I can't and won't support issues with builds using a different kernel or Xposed.
    In regards to microG, I will try my best to help when it is related to this ROM (I use it myself), but any questions of the type "the YXZ-app can't do <some sort of fancy xyz Google functionality> properly" are better asked in the respective microG forums.

Credits​

AOSP project
    LineageOS project
    microG project
    Graphene OS project
    csagan5 (Bromite)
    WhyOrean (Aurora)
    nvertigo67 (for the modded 9.x firmware and for collaboration)
    SkewedZeppelin (Kernel patches)
    Bugfix build
    Hi all, Bromite has released a version increment to incorporate an upstream fix, which could cause some misbehavior (actually in my OP7T thread, some people had issues). I have therefore decided to push a bugfix build, which will also be offered by the Updater app, having Bromite Webview and Browser on release 99.0.4844.58:

Change Log

June 15th, 2022
    • Security string 2022-06-05
    • Some kernel patches
    • Bromite Browser and Webview on 102.0.5005.96
    • microG updated to 0.2.24.214816-11

May 9th, 2022
    • Security string 2022-05-05
    • Some kernel patches
    • Bromite Browser and Webview on 101.0.4951.53
    • microG updated to 0.2.24.214816-10
    • Mozilla Location provider on 1.5.0

April 15th, 2022
    • Security string 2022-04-05
    • Some kernel patches
    • Bromite Browser and Webview on 100.0.4896.57

March 15th, 2022
    • Bromite Browser and Webview on 99.0.4844.58 (bugfix build)

March 12th, 2022
    • Security string 2022-03-05
    • Some kernel patches
    • Bromite Browser and Webview on 99.0.4844.55
    • microG 0.2.24.214816-2
    • AuroraStore 4.1.1

Janaury 20th, 2020
    • Security string 2022-01-05
    • Some kernel patches
    • A couple of patches and fixes from LineageOS

December 19th, 2021
    • Security string 2021-12-05
    • Bromite Webview and Browser on 96.0.4664.54
    • microG 0.22.214516-21

November 13th, 2021
    • Security string 2021-11-05
    • Bromite Webview and Browser on 94.0.4606.109

October 15th, 2021
    Initial build:
    • Security string 2021-10-01
    • AOSP tag 11.0.0_r46
    • Pre-installed microG (0.2.22.212658-2) like LineageOS for microG project (own fork)
    • Pre-installed AuroraStore (4.0.7), AuroraDroid (1.0.8) and AuroraServices (1.1.1)
    • OTA Support
    • eSpeakTTS engine
    • Bromite (93.0.4577.83) as default browser
    • Additional security hardening features listed below:
    • Cloudflare as default DNS (instead of Google)
    • Privacy-preferred default settings
    • Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking (Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Optional disable captive portal detection or choose from various providers (default is GrapheneOS and not Google; Settings - Network & Internet)
    • Firewall UI (under Trust)
    • Increased max. password length of 64
    • No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google when GPS is in use
    • Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
    • Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView (93.0.4577.83)
    • Extra control of sensor access for additionally installed user apps (Special access under app permissions)
    • Debloated from Oneplus blobs for Soter and IFAA
    • Hardened bionic lib and constified JNI method tables
    • Option to only use fingerprint unlock for apps and not for the device
    • Optional timeout for Bluetooth and WLAN connections
    • Per connection WiFi randomization option
    New build with November 2021 ASB patches

Hi all, a new build for the OP3(T) containing the November 2021 ASB patches has been released:

The Updater app should soon indicate it to offer an OTA update.
    • Security string 2021-11-05
    • Bromite Webview and Browser on 94.0.4606.109
    • Some kernel patches
    Happy flashing,
    Regards, M.
    New build with January 2022 ASB patches

Hi all,
    a new build for the OP3(T) containing the January 2022 ASB patches has been released:

The Updater app should already indicate to offer an OTA update.
    • Security string 2022-01-05
    • Some kernel patches
    • A couple of patches and fixes from LineageOS
    Happy flashing,
    Regards, M.

EDIT: URL adapted, see next post