• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][N7100][Samsung Galaxy Note 2][LineageOS 18.1][ALPHA][TREBLELIZED]

Search This thread

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Hi,

here you can find my version for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on LineageOS 18.1.
At first I want to thank @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work which was reused here and helped a lot.

This ROM is based on:

Because I don't own this device, I had to build this more or less blind.
It would be great if there some testers, I will upload the first test ROM today or tomorrow.

Boot
Audio
Bluetooth
Graphics
Cameras
Wifi
USB
Video playback (HW/SW)
OTA Updates
Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
Sensors, except compass
RIL
  • Maybe some apps because of video decoding issues
  • GPS
  • Maybe random reboots
  • Maybe more
If you are going to use Gapps,
I recommend to use the pico package!
https://opengapps.org/
For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

Do you like my work?
Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
donate

Telegramm group:
XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][11.x][N7100][ALPHA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Contributors

html6405
Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Alpha

Created 2021-10-13
Last Updated 2021-12-01

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Here you will find compatible GSI's as soon they are available,
at the moment we just have an AOSP test version.

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
First build is online, please test and report.

If you like my work, consider to do a small donation, then I will be able to buy the device for further developing.

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Boot 1 time or not ? Anyone test it ? Dev. You boot it in n7100 ?
This is why I need report's from you.
I don't own this device, it could be, that it doesn't boot up, if this is the case, a log could point me to the issue.
But as long there are no report's, as long I can't do much more.
Directly flash from 4.4.4 eclips rom ? Or Android 9 must be flash 1st ? Kernal is include ?
You only should need TWRP 3.5.2 and the ROM.

Mzuber Mulla

Mar 18, 2014
This is why I need report's from you.
I don't own this device, it could be, that it doesn't boot up, if this is the case, a log could point me to the issue.
But as long there are no report's, as long I can't do much more.

You only should need TWRP 3.5.2 and the ROM.
Where is repartition flashable zip ? For n7100

Jul 20, 2016
Thank you for your effort with this rom. Sadly i only get the Lineage bootlogo after clean install. Waited for about 15 minutes before going back to somewhat stable Lineageos 16.

Tried Los 14 also, and that is pretty stable but old.

I really hope this rom gets forward momentum. Will gladly help any way i can to test it out further.

Best regards!

Reactions: Mzuber Mulla

html6405

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2016
Thank you for your effort with this rom. Sadly i only get the Lineage bootlogo after clean install. Waited for about 15 minutes before going back to somewhat stable Lineageos 16.
Thanks for your report, ok than you could let the device bootloop a little bit, reboot into TWRP with the button combination and do the following:

adb shell
cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt

and send it to me, afterwards the next build should boot ;).
It's booted on stock partition ? I think repartition must
It must not, but maybe later you will have to expand the system partition for a bigger GSI.

Reactions: Mzuber Mulla

Mzuber Mulla

Mar 18, 2014
Thanks for your report, ok than you could let the device bootloop a little bit, reboot into TWRP with the button combination and do the following:

adb shell
cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt

and send it to me, afterwards the next build should boot ;).

It must not, but maybe later you will have to expand the system partition for a bigger GSI.
@Username already in use please try.

Mzuber Mulla

Mar 18, 2014
Please make telegram group. All can easily upload attachments files and conversations easily. Please create one telegram group for n7100 now. @html6405

Last edited:

g3rrydanc3

Jan 9, 2012
Surabaya
Great rom overall, have not tried RIL, but GPS doesn't work
I encountered one random reboot after google account sign in.

I cannot install open gaaps nano. But open gaaps pico works great
20211021_160634.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 01.12.2021:
    • Fixed tethering
    • Fixed wifi mac adress in settings
    • Some tweaks
    • Fixed NetGuard support in Kernel
    • Disabled WPA3 in RRO overlay
    • Enabled default gesture navigation (you can use my toggle_navbar script to modify it)
    • Enabled 1704 MHz if you wan't to overclock
    • Enabled dex preopt
    • Overworked GPS, but the problem still persists
    Believe in me brother this speaker will make a difference i tried before on note 3 or 4 with Anan rom thx
    Ok I will think about this,
    - MAC randomization doesn't seems to work as intended. It seems like it's always the same. I did disable IPv6 in build.prop. Maybe that has something to do with it?
    Honestly, I didn't test this feature, I will check this.
    - I notice battery drain. I cannot pinpoint the cause yet, so I am sorry to be unhelpful.
    Ok, if you're really facing this (I don't), just do:

adb bugreport

and send this file to me, then I could analyze what's going on.
    - My phone seems to crash random while using Calyx vpn, Brave Browser and Session at the same time, and switching between them.
    The best thing would be if you could provide a last_kmsg file after a reboot, you could simply use the syslog app for this. (root permissions are needed)
    - When the phone is in stand-by / sleep, a red small light is sometimes on, next to the camera, not the notification/charging led. I don't know what this is, but I didn't have this before.
    This could be the proximity sensor, maybe the pocket mode is enabled?
    I would check the gesture settings.
    I know we would be able to load GSI images, but does that mean that or phone will be future proof for upcoming Android revisions like Android 12, 13 etc?
    Yep, this means that it would be enough to build one treble GSI which would fit for all exynos4 devices, it is possible.
    I've already booted up Android 12 on a N8010, which has the same SOC.
    So shortly explained, it's possible to build GSI's which would fit for all exynos4 devices, all we have todo is to apply some specific patches.
    You could build every Android 11 ROM you want, but there's some work to do.
    I've only shared an AOSP at the moment, because I don't have time to do everything.
    Just another quick question, can I enable encryption into settings, or is it broken?
    I don't like to just try it out. I have too many files on the device to backup and don't want to mess up my phone.
    It's untested, I wouldn't test it if you have importand files on your device, I will add it to the list.
    Update 11.11.2021:
    • Synced with latest LOS sources (Security patch level 01.10.2021)
    • Improved auto-brightness behavior
    • Updated Via browser
    • Introduced new possibility to enable / disable the software navbar, this is needed to use Android 10 / 11 touchscreen gestures.
      To enable / disable it do the following:
      adb shell
      su
      setprop toggle_navbar true (also for disabling)
      (You can also use a terminal emulator)
    it's work perfectly for me until now clean flash thx so much but how to root by magisk please i want add viber sound
    Just simply flash the magisk.apk in TWRP.
    If anyone can confirm this new L18 build has working GPS I will gladly help test. Thanks.
    GPS is not working, I'm sorry, I will try to fix this, but I can't promise anything.
    is it possible to make two speaker work together !? like Dual speaker !?
    This device only has one speaker, so how do you wan't to do this?
    First of all, I like to thank you for your hard work.
    I really appreciate it that you make older devices more secure by providing an up-to-date degoogled ROM.
    The other features are nice to get.
    I was genuinely surprised to see Android 11 for my Galaxy Note II!
    At first, I thought it was just an older Android version with just a custom design and some strings changed in settings, but it is really Android 11!
    Even my friend didn't receive the October security update on his Galaxy A71 yet.
    I tried Comico's Pie ROM before switching over, but it seems like your ROM is more stable.

I don't have many feedback, however I have some:
    - MAC randomization doesn't seems to work as intended. It seems like it's always the same. I did disable IPv6 in build.prop. Maybe that has something to do with it?
    - I notice battery drain. I cannot pinpoint the cause yet, so I am sorry to be unhelpful.
    - My phone seems to crash random while using Calyx vpn, Brave Browser and Session at the same time, and switching between them.
    - When the phone is in stand-by / sleep, a red small light is sometimes on, next to the camera, not the notification/charging led. I don't know what this is, but I didn't have this before.
    - GPS won't work, but I understand it will probably never will. But personally, I don't bother that much.

I also wonder what it would mean if Treble is finally implemented.
    I know we would be able to load GSI images, but does that mean that or phone will be future proof for upcoming Android revisions like Android 12, 13 etc?
    Would be nice to have Material You in the future, it's just a nice eye-candy.
    I am not quite sure if newer Android versions will works for armV7.

Just another quick question, can I enable encryption into settings, or is it broken?
    I don't like to just try it out. I have too many files on the device to backup and don't want to mess up my phone.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on LineageOS 18.1.
    At first I want to thank @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work which was reused here and helped a lot.

This ROM is based on:

Because I don't own this device, I had to build this more or less blind.
    It would be great if there some testers, I will upload the first test ROM today or tomorrow.

Boot
    Audio
    Bluetooth
    Graphics
    Cameras
    Wifi
    USB
    Video playback (HW/SW)
    OTA Updates
    Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    Sensors, except compass
    RIL
    • Maybe some apps because of video decoding issues
    • GPS
    • Maybe random reboots
    • Maybe more
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

Telegramm group:
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.x][N7100][ALPHA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Alpha

Created 2021-10-13
    Last Updated 2021-12-01
    Hii dev. you make gsi for this rom ? N7100 ?
    This thread has 65 posts. 39 of them is from you (60%). Approximately 1 of those is somewhat helpful to the development of the rom, the other 38 is comprised of asking questions and making demands.

If you were the developer and was met with a user with this behaviour, would you be put off from further development or would you find it rewarding?

Feel free to develop your own rom. All information and tools are available if you care to look and put in a little effort and time.

Stressing and pushing other people to work for your benefit is usually not met with the response you want. Basic psychology and how humans work.

Have a nice day!
    Believe in me brother this speaker will make a difference i tried before on note 3 or 4 with Anan rom thx
    Ok I will think about this,
    Honestly, I didn't test this feature, I will check this.
    Ok, if you're really facing this (I don't), just do:

adb bugreport

and send this file to me, then I could analyze what's going on.
    The best thing would be if you could provide a last_kmsg file after a reboot, you could simply use the syslog app for this. (root permissions are needed)
    This could be the proximity sensor, maybe the pocket mode is enabled?
    I would check the gesture settings.
    Yep, this means that it would be enough to build one treble GSI which would fit for all exynos4 devices, it is possible.
    I've already booted up Android 12 on a N8010, which has the same SOC.
    So shortly explained, it's possible to build GSI's which would fit for all exynos4 devices, all we have todo is to apply some specific patches.
    You could build every Android 11 ROM you want, but there's some work to do.
    I've only shared an AOSP at the moment, because I don't have time to do everything.
    It's untested, I wouldn't test it if you have importand files on your device, I will add it to the list.
    Update 26.10.2021:
    • Fixed RIL
    • Fixed BT audio in a mobile call
    • Updated stylus overlay
    • Fixed touchscreen gestures
    The update will be pushed out via OTA and AFH.
    Update 01.12.2021:
    • Fixed tethering
    • Fixed wifi mac adress in settings
    • Some tweaks
    • Fixed NetGuard support in Kernel
    • Disabled WPA3 in RRO overlay
    • Enabled default gesture navigation (you can use my toggle_navbar script to modify it)
    • Enabled 1704 MHz if you wan't to overclock
    • Enabled dex preopt
    • Overworked GPS, but the problem still persists