• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][N7100][Samsung Galaxy Note 2][LineageOS 18.1][ALPHA][TREBLELIZED]

Search This thread

Mzuber Mulla

Mar 18, 2014
This rom is stable enough 😍🥰. Now you provide a good gsi for it ? You make repartitioner flashable zip ? For gsi flashing . Waiting gor gsi.😍

2. Wifi direct not working in this rom ?
3. Can i install samsung keyboard ? @html6405

Jul 20, 2016
Hii dev. you make gsi for this rom ? N7100 ?
This thread has 65 posts. 39 of them is from you (60%). Approximately 1 of those is somewhat helpful to the development of the rom, the other 38 is comprised of asking questions and making demands.

If you were the developer and was met with a user with this behaviour, would you be put off from further development or would you find it rewarding?

Feel free to develop your own rom. All information and tools are available if you care to look and put in a little effort and time.

Stressing and pushing other people to work for your benefit is usually not met with the response you want. Basic psychology and how humans work.

Have a nice day!

html6405

Recognized Developer
Update 11.11.2021:
  • Synced with latest LOS sources (Security patch level 01.10.2021)
  • Improved auto-brightness behavior
  • Updated Via browser
  • Introduced new possibility to enable / disable the software navbar, this is needed to use Android 10 / 11 touchscreen gestures.
    To enable / disable it do the following:
    adb shell
    su
    setprop toggle_navbar true (also for disabling)
    (You can also use a terminal emulator)

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2013
Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Hi,

here you can find my version for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on LineageOS 18.1.
At first I want to thank @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work which was reused here and helped a lot.

This ROM is based on:

Because I don't own this device, I had to build this more or less blind.
It would be great if there some testers, I will upload the first test ROM today or tomorrow.

Boot
Audio
Bluetooth
Graphics
Cameras
Wifi
USB
Video playback (HW/SW)
OTA Updates
Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
Sensors, except compass
RIL
  • Maybe some apps because of video decoding issues
  • GPS
  • Maybe random reboots
  • Maybe more
If you are going to use Gapps,
I recommend to use the pico package!
https://opengapps.org/
For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

Do you like my work?
Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
donate

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][11.x][N7100][ALPHA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Contributors

html6405
Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Alpha

Created 2021-10-13
Last Updated 2021-11-11
it's work perfectly for me until now clean flash thx so much but how to root by magisk please i want add viber sound

esysfound

Oct 21, 2017
Great work Html6405. I spent much of the day flashing and tweaking Lineage14 (dropping back from 17) on my old N7100 - because the GPS (which I need never worked). It is quite a jolt to go back to earlier ROMs where all menus, options, are less capable and in unfamiliar areas. But the L14 (A 7) has current security patches and a working GPS.

If anyone can confirm this new L18 build has working GPS I will gladly help test. Thanks.

html6405

Recognized Developer
it's work perfectly for me until now clean flash thx so much but how to root by magisk please i want add viber sound
Just simply flash the magisk.apk in TWRP.
If anyone can confirm this new L18 build has working GPS I will gladly help test. Thanks.
GPS is not working, I'm sorry, I will try to fix this, but I can't promise anything.
is it possible to make two speaker work together !? like Dual speaker !?
This device only has one speaker, so how do you wan't to do this?

esysfound

Oct 21, 2017
I use this on bicycle and motorcycle as a navigator - thought hard about getting a new cheap phone but no good options (especially if you want to root and keep control- Lineage ROMs scarce on new lower end phones). GPS has been a problem on the Note 2 N7100 since at least A10 & 11 builds. Not sure why.-really hope you can sort it Appreciate very much your effort.

html6405

Recognized Developer
GPS has been a problem on the Note 2 N7100 since at least A10 & 11 builds. Not sure why.-really hope you can sort it Appreciate very much your effort.
What I know, this problem exists since android 8, there was no A10 build, but the root cause should be the same.
The n7100 never received newer working blobs, the old ones contain text relocations and they need many functions in the framework, which doesn't exist / changed on android.
I've already made the GPS deamon happy to provide everything needed, but there is still no signal as much I know.
I really try to find a solution for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: esysfound

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If someone want's to check out my newly Android 12 LineageOS 19 build :)

I can't test it by my own.
    Thanks, maybe someone else will donate, then I will buy a device to test it for myself.

At the moment I'm testing with a t0lte, what doesn't make's it easy.
    I've sent you 70 to buy the device if you find one...
    I've sent you 70 to buy the device if you find one...
    Wow, I'm speechless, thousand thanks, I will organize a device this week and will be finally able to test GPS, RIL etc :).
    First build is online, please test and report.

If you like my work, consider to do a small donation, then I will be able to buy the device for further developing.
    Will do !!!
    I just flashed the newly Android 12 LineageOS 19 build this morning.

It's currently a bit early to share my experience yet since I need some more time, but I already like to share my first impression.

First of all, I was surprised that I could just do a dirty flash over your current 18.1 dec build without any problems.
    I did not perform a clean flash because I couldn't backup my Session messages, normally I always perform clean flashes.
    I used TWPR 3.5.2 custom recovery to flash this ROM and only wiped Cache and Dalvik Cache/ART partition.
    Everything went smooth. It didn't take too long for the first boot either.
    Right after the first boot, just when it was booted, the phone rebooted.
    After this reboot, I didn't encounter any random reboots yet.
    Everything seems working smooth and snappy at the moment.
    I can confirm that Magisk 23 is still working on this ROM. You just need to re-flash it after the first boot.
    The only annoying thing I discovered is a blinking LED issue and the battery that last less longer, but that's maybe linked to the blinking LED issue.

Something I immediately noticed is that my notification LED is actually red now while charging and green when it hits 100%.
    In previous 18.1 build, the LED always got a weird yellowish colour while charging.
    Another thing that caught my eye was "Google Play System update" in settings.
    I don't understands why it's there since it's supposed to be a degoogled ROM.
    Google Play System updates is a part of the Google Play Services ecosystem.
    I didn't install any GAPPS and this ROM didn't came with GAPPS pre installed.

- It (re)boots correctly
    - Able to receive and sending sms messages and phone calls (didn't try SIM unlock yet. I used the workaround that is mentioned in the main post)
    - Camera's
    - Wi-Fi (both, 2.4 GHz and 5GHz)
    - Video's (YouTube in browser)
    - Sensors, except compass (phone rotates correctly)
    - Charge correctly to 100%
    - S-pen (just as a regular styles, no button functionality)

- An annoying blinking LED issue.
    I never experience this before on any ROM.
    Can be a coincidence, but after the battery drops below 75%, the notification LED is constantly blinking red, even when the screen is on.
    I already tried to literary turn off all notifications options. I even disabled blinking LED option, but it still keeps blinking, even after a reboot. It only disappears after fully charging the phone but will come back in time.
    I didn't find a way to fix this.

- Android 12 theme engine seems to be broken.
    Some things like buttons (like emergency call button on lockscreen), text (search apps in launcher) and backgrounds in notifications icons in notification panel are still LineageOS teal.
    Switching a wallpaper with different colours, but it doesn't change the theme colour of the device. Buttons, lockscreen clock etc. are still light blue. I try to add some screenshots to highlight this problem.
    Also, the options to change the icon shape seems to be gone, even in developer settings.
    Everything turned into circles after the update. Can't change it.

- USB (can't connect to pc (MTP))

-Extended screenshot beyond your screen

- There was a weird issue that my device is stuck at Samsung Galaxy II screen when turning on the device (not the LineageOS boot screen). I only had this once so can't describe how to reproduce it yet.
    I just turned off my device in the power setting inside the ROM. The next time I turned on the device, it was stuck on that screen for 10 minutes. It was fixed by simply holding the power button for a while to turn off the phone.
    After doing this, the phone rebooted normally again. I didn't got this issue again.

Besides the blinking LED issue, I had a very good first impression.
    I really don't mind that some gimmick features are not working.
    I only have this ROM for a few hours, so please keep in mind that I need more time for extensive and more in-depth testing.
    Maybe there are some critical problems that I still need to discover.
    I just wanted to give a quick update.

@html6405
    If there are some specific things you like to try or things I need to keep an eye on, please let me know.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on LineageOS 18.1.
    At first I want to thank @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work which was reused here and helped a lot.

This ROM is based on:

Attention: disable your SIM-PIN with a different device, otherwise it could get locked.

• Boot
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Cameras
    • GPS
    • Wifi
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • OTA Updates
    • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    • Sensors, except compass
    • RIL
    • SIM-PIN Unlock, disable your PIN Code before
    • Compass
    • Maybe random reboots
    • Maybe more
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

Telegramm group:
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.x][N7100][ALPHA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Alpha

Created 2021-10-13
    Last Updated 2022-01-19
    If someone want's to check out my newly Android 12 LineageOS 19 build :)

I can't test it by my own.
    Update 01.12.2021:
    • Fixed tethering
    • Fixed wifi mac adress in settings
    • Some tweaks
    • Fixed NetGuard support in Kernel
    • Disabled WPA3 in RRO overlay
    • Enabled default gesture navigation (you can use my toggle_navbar script to modify it)
    • Enabled 1704 MHz if you wan't to overclock
    • Enabled dex preopt
    • Overworked GPS, but the problem still persists
    Hii dev. you make gsi for this rom ? N7100 ?
    This thread has 65 posts. 39 of them is from you (60%). Approximately 1 of those is somewhat helpful to the development of the rom, the other 38 is comprised of asking questions and making demands.

If you were the developer and was met with a user with this behaviour, would you be put off from further development or would you find it rewarding?

Feel free to develop your own rom. All information and tools are available if you care to look and put in a little effort and time.

Stressing and pushing other people to work for your benefit is usually not met with the response you want. Basic psychology and how humans work.

Have a nice day!
    Update 26.10.2021:
    • Fixed RIL
    • Fixed BT audio in a mobile call
    • Updated stylus overlay
    • Fixed touchscreen gestures
    The update will be pushed out via OTA and AFH.