• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][N7100][Samsung Galaxy Note 2][LineageOS 18.1][ALPHA][TREBLELIZED]

Search This thread

Bach_J

Jan 13, 2016
I installed the ROM on my smartphone. I installed TrackerControl (a firewall via local VPN, see here). Once the vpn is enabled, instead of filtering traffic according to the specified rules, it blocks all traffic. Could be a ROM issue since on another smartphone running Android 11 it works fine.
Could someone install the app and check if they have the same problem, please?

html6405

Recognized Developer
I installed the ROM on my smartphone. I installed TrackerControl (a firewall via local VPN, see here). Once the vpn is enabled, instead of filtering traffic according to the specified rules, it blocks all traffic. Could be a ROM issue since on another smartphone running Android 11 it works fine.
Could someone install the app and check if they have the same problem, please?
This could be Kernel related, maybe this app need's an higher Kernel version (some specific functions, which maybe could be backported ).

Bach_J

Jan 13, 2016
This could be Kernel related, maybe this app need's an higher Kernel version (some specific functions, which maybe could be backported ).
If it can help you,
Edit: TrackerControl strangely allows some google domains, for example google search results appear.o_O

html6405

Recognized Developer
Reactions: Bach_J

Bach_J

Jan 13, 2016
Thx, thats good to know,
but this kernel doesn't seem to have any of the related patches included, maybe they weren't published.

But I've found this:

maybe there's a solution.
I have tried the various solutions and unfortunately they do not work. As a last attempt this fix is presented (fix). Can you take a look at it and see if it is already implemented in the ROM or not?
Thanks

Split_X: z

Nov 27, 2014
Hello, amazing job for delivering the Rom! ((just at the moment when 4 parlement guys send an ammendment to force open source for old devices)
Got you a beer! : D
OP6t & Gt-n7100 user

• Love
Reactions: html6405

html6405

Recognized Developer
Update 01.12.2021:
  • Fixed tethering
  • Fixed wifi mac adress in settings
  • Some tweaks
  • Fixed NetGuard support in Kernel
  • Disabled WPA3 in RRO overlay
  • Enabled default gesture navigation (you can use my toggle_navbar script to modify it)
  • Enabled 1704 MHz if you wan't to overclock
  • Enabled dex preopt
  • Overworked GPS, but the problem still persists

Bach_J

Jan 13, 2016
No problem, it should work.
Test results:
  • random reboots
  • sometimes the screen turns suddenly black and the two touch physical buttons blink. Force reboot needed.
  • When I connect the phone to PC (Windows 10) via USB and I choose "file transfer", all usb settings become greyed out and the phone is not recognized by the pc (no device in "My Computer")
  • [Tested on wifi only] Netguard works flawlessly with default settings even with system apps
  • [Tested on wifi only] TrackerControl doesn't work. It blocks some apps yes and others no and granular blocking of app tracking doesn't work because tracking domains are not shown.

html6405

Recognized Developer
  • random reboots
  • sometimes the screen turns suddenly black and the two touch physical buttons blink. Force reboot needed.
  • When I connect the phone to PC (Windows 10) via USB and I choose "file transfer", all usb settings become greyed out and the phone is not recognized by the pc (no device in "My Computer")
Ok, so this is unchanged,
[Tested on wifi only] TrackerControl doesn't work. It blocks some apps yes and others no and granular blocking of app tracking doesn't work because tracking domains are not shown.
Hmm ok, never tested TrackerControl.

AlexALXua

Sep 27, 2019
Hi, tried this rom on my n7100. And jot one major issue with it and want inform anyone else just in case.

1. Did flesh install of 01.12.21 version (full wipe of data/cache/system/darvik).
2. Did flashed magisk, then gapps pico.
3. Rebooted.

After that got situation when i had android welcome message and flicker (changing way fast) to sim PIN code unlock. Can't enter PIN and this keep happened for ~20 seconds, in last few seconds saw "enter PUK code". After that got "no sim" message, and then was able to continue android setup process. After everything else got to work had really "no sim signal" all time.

Decided to rollback to my backup, and after reboot did saw "your sim blocked FOREVER". It seems like this rom DID typed all time wrong PIN code THEN PUK code and sim was blocked completely during install process!

So just saying anyone who might had same situation - better to pull off your sim first before flash... Thankfully was able to replace my sim by new one with saving my phone number in authorized service today.

Unfortunate don't have any logs or any other data provide to investigate this issue since i did reflashed already, so really un-helpfull. Just wanted to warn anyone else and hopefully some people will able to fix this issue in future.

Have a nice day! And good that there is still people what work on roms for this device)

Nojoy

Dec 12, 2021
Update 01.12.2021:
  • Fixed tethering
  • Some tweaks
  • Enabled default gesture navigation (you can use my toggle_navbar script to modify it)
  • Enabled dex preopt
Fresh install. Bootlooping.
After spending a few minutes, doing manual battery pull, got to boot but it was very very slow, lineageos boot logo was stuttering. Went to settings app, then black screen with buttons light up.

I don't care about netguard or overclock nonsense.
I think the projects goal should be stability first, not performance or extra untested/unneeded features. My device use case is for documents cold storage.

Rolled back to 11.11.2021.
No issues with that. Boots up fast and stable.

Can I use previous kernel with Dec updated rom? Can you only provide google security updates and then an "alpha alpha" rom for others who want extras?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If someone want's to check out my newly Android 12 LineageOS 19 build :)

I can't test it by my own.
    Thanks, maybe someone else will donate, then I will buy a device to test it for myself.

At the moment I'm testing with a t0lte, what doesn't make's it easy.
    I've sent you 70 to buy the device if you find one...
    I've sent you 70 to buy the device if you find one...
    Wow, I'm speechless, thousand thanks, I will organize a device this week and will be finally able to test GPS, RIL etc :).
    First build is online, please test and report.

If you like my work, consider to do a small donation, then I will be able to buy the device for further developing.
    Will do !!!
    I just flashed the newly Android 12 LineageOS 19 build this morning.

It's currently a bit early to share my experience yet since I need some more time, but I already like to share my first impression.

First of all, I was surprised that I could just do a dirty flash over your current 18.1 dec build without any problems.
    I did not perform a clean flash because I couldn't backup my Session messages, normally I always perform clean flashes.
    I used TWPR 3.5.2 custom recovery to flash this ROM and only wiped Cache and Dalvik Cache/ART partition.
    Everything went smooth. It didn't take too long for the first boot either.
    Right after the first boot, just when it was booted, the phone rebooted.
    After this reboot, I didn't encounter any random reboots yet.
    Everything seems working smooth and snappy at the moment.
    I can confirm that Magisk 23 is still working on this ROM. You just need to re-flash it after the first boot.
    The only annoying thing I discovered is a blinking LED issue and the battery that last less longer, but that's maybe linked to the blinking LED issue.

Something I immediately noticed is that my notification LED is actually red now while charging and green when it hits 100%.
    In previous 18.1 build, the LED always got a weird yellowish colour while charging.
    Another thing that caught my eye was "Google Play System update" in settings.
    I don't understands why it's there since it's supposed to be a degoogled ROM.
    Google Play System updates is a part of the Google Play Services ecosystem.
    I didn't install any GAPPS and this ROM didn't came with GAPPS pre installed.

- It (re)boots correctly
    - Able to receive and sending sms messages and phone calls (didn't try SIM unlock yet. I used the workaround that is mentioned in the main post)
    - Camera's
    - Wi-Fi (both, 2.4 GHz and 5GHz)
    - Video's (YouTube in browser)
    - Sensors, except compass (phone rotates correctly)
    - Charge correctly to 100%
    - S-pen (just as a regular styles, no button functionality)

- An annoying blinking LED issue.
    I never experience this before on any ROM.
    Can be a coincidence, but after the battery drops below 75%, the notification LED is constantly blinking red, even when the screen is on.
    I already tried to literary turn off all notifications options. I even disabled blinking LED option, but it still keeps blinking, even after a reboot. It only disappears after fully charging the phone but will come back in time.
    I didn't find a way to fix this.

- Android 12 theme engine seems to be broken.
    Some things like buttons (like emergency call button on lockscreen), text (search apps in launcher) and backgrounds in notifications icons in notification panel are still LineageOS teal.
    Switching a wallpaper with different colours, but it doesn't change the theme colour of the device. Buttons, lockscreen clock etc. are still light blue. I try to add some screenshots to highlight this problem.
    Also, the options to change the icon shape seems to be gone, even in developer settings.
    Everything turned into circles after the update. Can't change it.

- USB (can't connect to pc (MTP))

-Extended screenshot beyond your screen

- There was a weird issue that my device is stuck at Samsung Galaxy II screen when turning on the device (not the LineageOS boot screen). I only had this once so can't describe how to reproduce it yet.
    I just turned off my device in the power setting inside the ROM. The next time I turned on the device, it was stuck on that screen for 10 minutes. It was fixed by simply holding the power button for a while to turn off the phone.
    After doing this, the phone rebooted normally again. I didn't got this issue again.

Besides the blinking LED issue, I had a very good first impression.
    I really don't mind that some gimmick features are not working.
    I only have this ROM for a few hours, so please keep in mind that I need more time for extensive and more in-depth testing.
    Maybe there are some critical problems that I still need to discover.
    I just wanted to give a quick update.

@html6405
    If there are some specific things you like to try or things I need to keep an eye on, please let me know.
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on LineageOS 18.1.
    At first I want to thank @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work which was reused here and helped a lot.

This ROM is based on:

Attention: disable your SIM-PIN with a different device, otherwise it could get locked.

• Boot
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Cameras
    • GPS
    • Wifi
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • OTA Updates
    • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    • Sensors, except compass
    • RIL
    • SIM-PIN Unlock, disable your PIN Code before
    • Compass
    • Maybe random reboots
    • Maybe more
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

Telegramm group:
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.x][N7100][ALPHA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Alpha

Created 2021-10-13
    Last Updated 2022-01-19
    If someone want's to check out my newly Android 12 LineageOS 19 build :)

I can't test it by my own.
    Update 01.12.2021:
    • Fixed tethering
    • Some tweaks
    • Enabled dex preopt
    Hii dev. you make gsi for this rom ? N7100 ?
    This thread has 65 posts. 39 of them is from you (60%). Approximately 1 of those is somewhat helpful to the development of the rom, the other 38 is comprised of asking questions and making demands.

If you were the developer and was met with a user with this behaviour, would you be put off from further development or would you find it rewarding?

Feel free to develop your own rom. All information and tools are available if you care to look and put in a little effort and time.

Stressing and pushing other people to work for your benefit is usually not met with the response you want. Basic psychology and how humans work.

Have a nice day!
    Update 26.10.2021:
    • Fixed RIL
    • Fixed BT audio in a mobile call
    • Updated stylus overlay
    • Fixed touchscreen gestures
    The update will be pushed out via OTA and AFH.