[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][N7100][Samsung Galaxy Note 2][LineageOS 18.1][BETA][TREBLELIZED]

Search This thread
Hi everyone!
I just recently discovered this rom and so far i'm really impressed!
However i'm missing all the boeffla tweaks which could be accessed by tweaks.rc in /vendor/etc/init/
So i'd like to get my own build running, however on the github page i couldn't find a matching device_n7100 with lineage-18.1 branch.
So i wonder how did you built this rom?
I'd like to (try) reimplement the boeffla stuff into the kernel, aswell as getting rid of the on screen navigation gestures as i personally don't use them on a device with physical buttons.
And searching for the setprop command every time i need it, isn't that comfortable ;)
Unfortunately, i'm still pretty much a noob when it comes to development and stuff.

I was using a personal build of lineage 16.0 using chrono's i9300 build manifest (that covered all other devices aswell) and failed hard trying to bringup 17.1 or 18.1 even so this thread really is amazing to see ;)

Good evening,
I had some time testing everything.

So far, i experienced random reboots from time to time (mostly when screen is off)
last_kmsg is invalid, shows only initial bootup but no crash messages. (may try again grabbing directly from twrp)

RIL works (data & calls)
Audio works, however i was unable to get Viper4Android up and running (works on i9300 18.1 by rINanDO) and missing boeffla sound (optional ofc but nice2have)
Camera takes pictures, video capture is crashing the media server (can´t connect to camera).
S Pen works, however the small cursor (circle) isn´t showing up onscreen.
NFC works
Bluetooth is enabled, shows avaiable devices. No further testing yet
Flashlight works
Auto brightness works

GPS, compass is broken
Orientation sensor doesn´t respond (auto rotation works though)
Magnetic sensor doesn´t respond.
All other sensors are fine
Built in recorder crashes when trying to record audio, maybe video capture has the same issue.

MTP doesn´t work, starts charging and asks for usb mode, by selecting file transfer everything greyed out and the usb notification never showed up again.

All animations are disabled in dev settings by default. (for a reason?)

Attachments

• logs.zip
    158 KB · Views: 8

html6405

Recognized Developer
So i'd like to get my own build running, however on the github page i couldn't find a matching device_n7100 with lineage-18.1 branch.
So i wonder how did you built this rom?

However i'm missing all the boeffla tweaks which could be accessed by tweaks.rc in /vendor/etc/init/
Everything except boeffla audio is included in the kernel, I've reverted these things because of a real low audio volume and other issues.
So far, i experienced random reboots from time to time (mostly when screen is off)
last_kmsg is invalid, shows only initial bootup but no crash messages. (may try again grabbing directly from twrp)
Hmm if it's empty, then it may not be a kernel crash.
S Pen works, however the small cursor (circle) isn´t showing up onscreen.
Because it's disabled by default in the settings, just enable it ;).
Camera takes pictures, video capture is crashing the media server (can´t connect to camera).
Built in recorder crashes when trying to record audio, maybe video capture has the same issue.
I will re-fix the microphone recording today, this fix got lost with my last sycn...
All animations are disabled in dev settings by default. (for a reason?)
Yep:
GPS, compass is broken
Orientation sensor doesn´t respond (auto rotation works though)
Magnetic sensor doesn´t respond.
These things are kown, but thanks for your report.

I wasn't able to buy a device so far, so it's not easy to fix GPS, but it should work already on LOS 19.0.

Last edited:
Reactions: multiwirth

porcino

Feb 18, 2011
I wasn't able to buy a device so far, so it's not easy to fix GPS, but it should work already on LOS 19.0.
There are a few n7100 on ebay.de. The prices are around 40 eur. There are cheaper options, but my German is non-existent to understand the nuance.

GPS somewhat works in LOS-18 (it found a satellite, but no fix), I reported this before. It was later when I tried LOS-19, I found that GPS works better with the old API set in the developer options and in GPStest app. So, try fiddling with the options and also try it outside.

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
There are a few n7100 on ebay.de. The prices are around 40 eur. There are cheaper options, but my German is non-existent to understand the nuance.

GPS somewhat works in LOS-18 (it found a satellite, but no fix), I reported this before. It was later when I tried LOS-19, I found that GPS works better with the old API set in the developer options and in GPStest app. So, try fiddling with the options and also try it outside.
I'm searching in austria and try again to buy one, I will keep you updated.

AlexALXua

Sep 27, 2019
So i switched to this ROM now from 12 android and here what i can tell so far:

- GPS & compass works, but after ~15 mins did lost satellites and only able to fix with reboot. Not sure yet if this happens constantly so will continue tests.
- camera for QR scan in Firefox exact same as in 12 android - not working and showing only first picture. Tried both - OPENGAPPS and BITGAPPS (with full wipe/reflash), nothing changed. So don't think its gapps related.
- still had various random crashes after installed some of my regular apps, will continue to monitor this.
- there is no cursor of spen, but itself hover works (i think this was reported already)
- tested screen cast using miracast, worked successfully
- there is no NFC option in "connected device" settings, but can turn on/off in main menu, while i'm not yet sure if it works at all - gpay says "touch payment not available", i do PASS all safetynet tests + have all possible GPAY fixes and even certified device in google play market, seems like it just cannot detect NFC module. I'll try to find a way to test NFC later - using some NFC marker so will know if it actually works in this ROM or it just do nothing, but i'm 100% sure it did worked in past on stock 4.4 android.

------

But in general - after 12 ROM, this 11 one is faster and more smooth visually. Thanks again for your work!

-----

EDIT: can't choose wallpaper using settings - it just reloads after selecting proper file in "my files", can setup those using gallery but then its same for lock & home screen. want to setup different ones. This thing worked just fine in 12 rom

Last edited:

html6405

Recognized Developer
- GPS & compass works, but after ~15 mins did lost satellites and only able to fix with reboot. Not sure yet if this happens constantly so will continue tests.
Since I can test GPS by my own, I've recognized the same behaviour.
- there is no cursor of spen, but itself hover works (i think this was reported already)
Did you enable the s-pen hovering in the settings?
- there is no NFC option in "connected device" settings, but can turn on/off in main menu, while i'm not yet sure if it works at all - gpay says "touch payment not available", i do PASS all safetynet tests + have all possible GPAY fixes and even certified device in google play market, seems like it just cannot detect NFC module. I'll try to find a way to test NFC later - using some NFC marker so will know if it actually works in this ROM or it just do nothing, but i'm 100% sure it did worked in past on stock 4.4 android.
I've only tested to read and write nfc tags, which worked fine. I'm not sure what gpay exactly needs.
EDIT: can't choose wallpaper using settings - it just reloads after selecting proper file in "my files", can setup those using gallery but then its same for lock & home screen. want to setup different ones. This thing worked just fine in 12 rom
Someone reported a similar issue in an other thread (other device), this may be an issue which will be fixed with the next sync.

AlexALXua

Sep 27, 2019
Since I can test GPS by my own, I've recognized the same behaviour.
Ok thanks, hopefully this will be fixed later.
Hmm, where exactly located this setting? Can't find it seems, or its named somehow weird in my language.
I've only tested to read and write nfc tags, which worked fine. I'm not sure what gpay exactly needs.
Well, i have feeling that there is still some missing part of api or something, since there is no proper settings option etc. Also just saw this is logs:
Code:
02-07 14:25:13.684  5925 17504 W TapAndPay: platformSupportsGooglePay: true [CONTEXT service_id=79 ]
02-07 14:25:13.685  5925 17504 W TapAndPay: hasManagedProfile: false [CONTEXT service_id=79 ]
02-07 14:25:13.686  5925 17504 W TapAndPay: isChromeOsDevice: false [CONTEXT service_id=79 ]
02-07 14:25:13.686  5925 17504 W TapAndPay: isUncertifiedDevice: false [CONTEXT service_id=79 ]
02-07 14:25:13.686  5925 17504 W TapAndPay: deviceSupportsTokenization: true [CONTEXT service_id=79 ]
02-07 14:25:13.687  5925 17504 W TapAndPay: isGooglePayEnabled: true [CONTEXT service_id=79 ]
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 E CardEmulation: This device does not support card emulation
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay: Getting CardEmulation instance failed. [CONTEXT service_id=79 ]
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay:     at android.nfc.cardemulation.CardEmulation.getInstance(CardEmulation.java:165)
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay:     at bcul.<init>(:[email protected]@21.48.16 (150300-420364950):0)
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay:     at com.google.android.gms.tapandpay.hce.task.TapAndPayAidRegistrationTaskOperation.a(:[email protected]@21.48.16 (150300-420364950):5)
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay:     at com.google.android.gms.tapandpay.gcmtask.TapAndPayGcmTaskChimeraService.a(:[email protected]@21.48.16 (150300-420364950):4)
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay:     at ajyg.call(:[email protected]@21.48.16 (150300-420364950):4)
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay:     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay:     at voc.c(:[email protected]@21.48.16 (150300-420364950):6)
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay:     at voc.run(:[email protected]@21.48.16 (150300-420364950):7)
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay:     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay:     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay:     at vub.run(:[email protected]@21.48.16 (150300-420364950):0)
02-07 14:25:13.693  5925 17504 W TapAndPay:     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:923)
02-07 14:25:13.702  5925 24143 I NetworkScheduler.Stats: Task com.google.android.gms/com.google.android.gms.tapandpay.gcmtask.TapAndPayGcmTaskService finished executing. cause:4 result: 3 elapsed_millis: 55 uptime_millis: 56 exec_start_elapsed_seconds: 31718 [CONTEXT service_id=218 ]

It seems those requires to have some kind of "FEATURE_NFC_HOST_CARD_EMULATION" on NFC module which is not working here. Not sure from where exactly this coming - maybe incomplete NFC drivers? Anyway, i guess will never again get gpay work on this old phone like it did in past.. :(

Someone reported a similar issue in an other thread (other device), this may be an issue which will be fixed with the next sync.
K, thanks.

Last edited:

GPay needs special functionality, called NFC-HCE or host based card emulation which in fact doesn´t work on most devices/ROMs as far as i know.
And gpay also requires SafetyNet to pass and SELinux enforcing aswell.
So it probably only works in stock, dunno if this is a requirement for official lineage but i think even officially supported devices may not support NFC-HCE while running lineage.

Btw. i couldn´t find any S-Pen related settings.
Where is it supposed to be located at?

html6405

Recognized Developer
GPay needs special functionality, called NFC-HCE or host based card emulation which in fact doesn´t work on most devices/ROMs as far as i know.
So it probably only works in stock, dunno if this is a requirement for official lineage but i think even officially supported devices may not support NFC-HCE while running lineage.

Thanks, never spend any time for gpay, because I'm not that guy who would use it.
SafetyNet would be the smallest problem in this case.

Did it work with previous LineageOS versions???

The S-Pen settings are located in:

Settings->System->Gestures->Touchscreen gestures

Last edited:

AlexALXua

Sep 27, 2019

SafetyNet test and SELinux enforcing is not a problem at all, since i already can pass it. So yeah its something else...
Did it work with previous LineageOS versions???
Have no idea, because i did switch from stock 4.4.2 to this roms (12 and 11 now) after got most of apps not working because of outdated version.

Anyway, if gpay will never work anymore on this device - what to do) Only way is to buy new phone, while I don't like modern phones with super elongated screens + cutouts for cameras what looks awfully, but thats another story...

Settings->System->Gestures->Touchscreen gestures
Hmm.. don't see option for enable cursor here. But thanks)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok that's crazy, I will check this tomorrow, there were nor RIL relevant changes,
    Thanks man, in logs i can see that system_server and com.google.android.gms eat cpu a lot, so lags because of this guess. but don't know why.

What do I have to try, to use an image out of the gallery or what?
    Go to settings -> Screen -> Styles and wallpaper -> first tab (wallpaper) -> click on "my photos" (gallery popup) -> choose any file -> after that getting crash.

But just did found that this worked for me first time after reboot, but if i enable wifi - it start crashing just after that. If disable wifi and force close all apps and open this again - it start to work. Weird stuff but well it working if open without internet...
    Any news on this? since its way critical issue, must reboot each time after phone call.
    Sorry, I have so much work todo at the moment, that I've forgot to check this,
    I try to check this today!
    Update 06.05.2022:
    • Fixed after call lag behavior
    I downloaded the last update. everything is fine but mobile data is not working. can you please fix it?
    Works for me on n7100, are you sure updated properly?

Update 06.05.2022:
    • Fixed after call lag behavior
    Thanks a lot! While we have still tons of issues but most of them are minor and this rom is pretty usable for most cases. And i did bought your app as small support as well)

Also during last 2 weeks i still have ~3 crashes with black screen and blinking hw buttons but thats minor if compare with 5-10 per day. So good luck with android 12 now! Hopefully will can switch to it in future when it will have all features working!
    yes I tried your lineage os 18.1 and 19.1, but mobile data is not working. what is the solution for this?
    • Download and flash the latest Stock ROM for your country and flash this ROM here afterwards.

OR

• Download and flash html6405's modem.bin
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Hi,

here you can find my version for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on LineageOS 18.1.
    At first I want to thank @rINanDO, @ChronoMonochrome for all your work which was reused here and helped a lot.

This ROM is based on:

Attention: disable your SIM-PIN with a different device, otherwise it could get locked.

• Boot
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Cameras
    • GPS
    • Wifi
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)
    • OTA Updates
    • Tethering via USB, WIFI and Bluetooth
    • Sensors
    • RIL
    • Maybe random reboots
    If you are going to use Gapps,
    I recommend to use the pico package!
    https://opengapps.org/
    For the others, you can use microG if you want, I've enabled signature spoofing.

Do you like my work?
    Than you can simply hit the thanks button and consider to spend me a coffee or a beer,
    I'm doing this in my free time and it also costs a lot of money to buy hardware.
    donate

Wanna improve your sound configs, control your charging current and more?
    Now you can use my app to access all boeffla configurations, there will follow more functions.

Telegramm group:
    XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.x][N7100][BETA] LineageOS 18.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Contributors

html6405
    Source Code: https://github.com/html6405

ROM OS Version: 11.x R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 3.3.0
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Beta

Created 2021-10-13
    Last Updated 2022-04-20
    If someone want's to check out my newly Android 12 LineageOS 19 build :)

I can't test it by my own.
    Update 01.12.2021:
    • Fixed tethering
    • Fixed wifi mac adress in settings
    • Some tweaks
    • Fixed NetGuard support in Kernel
    • Disabled WPA3 in RRO overlay
    • Enabled default gesture navigation (you can use my toggle_navbar script to modify it)
    • Enabled 1704 MHz if you wan't to overclock
    • Enabled dex preopt
    • Overworked GPS, but the problem still persists
    Hii dev. you make gsi for this rom ? N7100 ?
    This thread has 65 posts. 39 of them is from you (60%). Approximately 1 of those is somewhat helpful to the development of the rom, the other 38 is comprised of asking questions and making demands.

If you were the developer and was met with a user with this behaviour, would you be put off from further development or would you find it rewarding?

Feel free to develop your own rom. All information and tools are available if you care to look and put in a little effort and time.

Stressing and pushing other people to work for your benefit is usually not met with the response you want. Basic psychology and how humans work.

Have a nice day!
    Update 26.10.2021:
    • Fixed RIL
    • Fixed BT audio in a mobile call
    • Updated stylus overlay
    • Fixed touchscreen gestures
    The update will be pushed out via OTA and AFH.