[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][Onyx] LineageOS 18.1 [2021/04/14]

Search This thread

Swampbob

Jan 12, 2021
No problem and sorry! Didn't mean to be rude! Just want to make sure that people know how easy it is to get this phone unlocked and install Lineage :)

Thanks for the correction. You might have saved me a bit of time 😊.
Which version of Lineage are you running and how is it compared to the stock rom?
Where did you find the instructions for unlocking? 😊

Hope it is ok that I'm asking all these questions 😊.

PhatUgly

Nov 13, 2008
Which version of Lineage are you running and how is it compared to the stock rom?
I am running the latest 18.1 as I figure by the build dates of 18.0 and 17.1 that @Raghu varma only builds the latest lineage version.
I use it without play services, and installed the microg framework. I like it a lot so far.

I do also notice occasional screen INPUT freezes (you only loose touch input) as pointed out by @amarendramshr but wouldn't call them frequent. They can be easily overcome by pressing the power button and unlocking again via finger print. I can imagine that when you are playing games this would be annoying. But for me its fine. Also I don't have any random reboots as of yet.
@Raghu varma: is this freezing something you are aware of already or would you need a logcat for that?

A few minor things I noticed that you should be aware of before proceeding:
  • dual camera is not supported, so you can't use the "optical zoom" by switching to the second camera. I also tried sideloading the gcam but this also doesn't find the second cam and crashes if you try to point it towards cam ID 2 (ID0= back-cam, ID1=front-cam, ID2 would be the secondary zoom back-cam) so I guess it is not implemented in the rom
  • assigning different ringtones to the two simcards is not a feature lineageOS 18.1 seem to have implemented yet
  • The OP is wrong in a few points. I think Raghu made a copy paste mistake from one of the other roms he supports:
    • The lineageOS rom does NOT contain gapps (which is GREAT for me!). So you would have to flash those after the rom
    • I would always get a bootloop when following the instructions, until I downloded the vendor image as linked in the OP and followed the third guide for roms without vendor image from here (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/RaghuVarma331/changelogs/master/crossdevelopment/abcrins.txt). Then it worked.
    • Also (not concerning this rom in particular but the TWRP preparation in general) I couldn't find a twrp.zip to make TWRP permanent. But it is no problem to not flash it at all and just always use the fastboot command to boot TWRP for the two times you need it during rom installation.
    • make sure to also directly flash Magisk right after the gapps before you boot the system for the first time. This is important because after booting into system and configuring encryption, I could not decrypt in TWRP again. It just doesn't accept the password. (if anyone knows how to overcome this, I'd be glad for hints!)
You might have saved me a bit of time 😊.

I hope I saved you some more time with my remarks! :)

PhatUgly

Nov 13, 2008
Where did you find the instructions for unlocking? 😊

Not sure if I should provide a link here but I guess stating the name so you can find him is ok, as I have already read it a couple of times on the forum: the website is called techmesto and is run by a very helpful and friendly guy. I can really recommend his service.

However I should note that if you follow the download links of in the OP, that the rom dev also seems to offer unlocking service, so you could check if he can also do this service-bootloader-to-evade-downgrading-magic and this way support his development. Unfortunately I only noticed this when I was already unlocked.

Swampbob

Jan 12, 2021
Not sure if I should provide a link here but I guess stating the name so you can find him is ok, as I have already read it a couple of times on the forum: the website is called techmesto and is run by a very helpful and friendly guy. I can really recommend his service.

However I should note that if you follow the download links of in the OP, that the rom dev also seems to offer unlocking service, so you could check if he can also do this service-bootloader-to-evade-downgrading-magic and this way support his development. Unfortunately I only noticed this when I was already unlocked.

Thanks a lot for taking your time. This means a lot for me :).

incorrigiblejv

Jul 21, 2013
Anand
Anyone on lineage os 18.1 latest build can confirm, whether low mic volume in calls and video calls in fixed or still exist.
Also, is the overall performance smooth and can it be used as daily driver without issue?

Looking forward to replies.

Thank you in advance.

PhatUgly

Nov 13, 2008
Other than what I described in my post above, I am super happy with this ROM and I am using it as my daily driver.

It is smooth.
I haven't had any complaint about conversation partners during phone calls.

However I cannot judge video calls as I don't use that.

Reactions: Raghu varma

MELEDEE

Mar 13, 2021
LineageOS 18.1 is very smooth and faster than the official Android 10 ROM from NOKIA.

Unfortunately, NFC does not work, but it doesn't matter if you don't use it normally.

There is another issue.I have two SIM card in my NOKIA 7 Plus,both is working on VOLTE,I don't want to give up using VOLTE.
now the icon shows "SIM1 is HD Capable"and "SIM2 is HD Capable" from notifications,please remove it,Thank You!

dj.rock007

Sep 4, 2017
HI,

Does Lineageos 18.1 supports island or shelter app because I'm trying to install both the app on lineageos 18.1 (N7P) from last 2 days but could succeed.

The same app was working on lineageos 18.0.

I have already installing niksgapps full, am I missing something.

Immanuel

Just installed this on my newly unlocked 7 plus. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this. Battery life is okay, Bluetooth works fine, and photo quality is good with a Gcam app. It's not super smooth all the time, but I've found that turning off animations in the Developer Settings has made it considerably smoother. Thanks to the developer for their hard work.

I found that the vendor zip is NOT required (and it will actually use it) and Gapps have to be installed separately.

Raghu varma

• Mar 22, 2017
    Hyderabad
    raghuvarma331.github.io
    Changelog Tue Mar 30 15:47:14 UTC 2021
    ============================

• based on latest stable sources
    • March 2021 security patch
    • based on source built vendor ( No need to flash Community Vendor Zip )
    • fixed Google camera issues
    • fixed whatsapp camera video recording
    • fixed media player crash
    • fixed screen recorder
    • fixed fingerprint issues with banking apps
    • fixed browser crash
    • fixed lag
    • improved battery life
    • Rolled back to stock power hal
    • Rolled back to stock thermal hal
    • Rolled back to stock fingerprint hal
    • Removed outdated vndk blobs

Repartition tool Download

Note - Make sure to resize system and vendor partitions before flashing my builds

Thank you !

Apr 30, 2017
    Xiaomi Redmi 3S
    Nokia 7 Plus
    Changelog Tue Mar 30 15:47:14 UTC 2021

• based on latest stable sources
    • March 2021 security patch
    • based on source built vendor ( No need to flash Community Vendor Zip )
    • fixed Google camera issues
    • fixed whatsapp camera video recording
    • fixed media player crash
    • fixed screen recorder
    • fixed fingerprint issues with banking apps
    • fixed browser crash
    • fixed lag
    • improved battery life
    • Rolled back to stock power hal
    • Rolled back to stock thermal hal
    • Rolled back to stock fingerprint hal
    • Removed outdated vndk blobs

Repartition tool Download

Note - Make sure to resize system and vendor partitions before flashing my builds

Thank you !
    How to use the repartition tool it wont recongnize my nokia 7p. i am 64gb moduel.

spokje

Jan 20, 2013
    Quick question: If you want to stay up to date on security patches, do you have to flash every month or so to stay up to date? Or is there a auto-update function within LineageOS? :)

Raghu varma

• Mar 22, 2017
    Hyderabad
    raghuvarma331.github.io
    Changelog - Wed Apr 14 10:43:09 UTC 2021
    • based on latest stable sources.
    • April 2021 security patch.
    • based on source built vendor.
    • initiated Over the air program ( OTA ).
    • Regular monthly security updates directly comes to your phone.
    • builds hosted from our server ( no more 3rd party platform for OTA ).

Thanks to my developer Hritik who managed the back-end server part to host & make it work with good stability towards Over the air program.

Finally thank you for my sponsors. Without them & their support from day 1 it is impossible to make our community strength more stronger than ever.

• Love
    Reactions: Scharkenberg

chiwawa10

Sep 19, 2016
    Kuala Lumpur
    Just installed this on my newly unlocked 7 plus. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this. Battery life is okay, Bluetooth works fine, and photo quality is good with a Gcam app. It's not super smooth all the time, but I've found that turning off animations in the Developer Settings has made it considerably smoother. Thanks to the developer for their hard work.

I found that the vendor zip is NOT required (and it will actually use it) and Gapps have to be installed separately.
    Mine sharing how did you unlock yours? Did you pay for it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Changelog - Wed Apr 14 10:43:09 UTC 2021
      • based on latest stable sources.
      • April 2021 security patch.
      • based on source built vendor.
      • initiated Over the air program ( OTA ).
      • Regular monthly security updates directly comes to your phone.
      • builds hosted from our server ( no more 3rd party platform for OTA ).

Thanks to my developer Hritik who managed the back-end server part to host & make it work with good stability towards Over the air program.

Finally thank you for my sponsors. Without them & their support from day 1 it is impossible to make our community strength more stronger than ever.
      Getting error like:

Error applying update: 28(ErrorCode: kDownloadOperationExecuationError)

while flashing the latest lineage version.

Any help?
      First make sure your cable/ports are working properly and the file is not damaged. If those are OK, then you probably need to resize the S/V partitions.
      Getting error like:

Error applying update: 28(ErrorCode: kDownloadOperationExecuationError)

while flashing the latest lineage version.

Any help?
      You need to resize partition first with help of the tool
      does the procedure requires me to downgrade my phone to Android 8?
      No. But the procedure will wipe your phone.
      https%3A%2F%2Fwww.techtolead.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F05%2FLineage-OS.jpg

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Installation procedure

Note - Gapps already included & I don't recommend you people to flash any other custom kernels on this ROM untill Nokia release Q kernel sources. Because this ROM supports only stock kernel .

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
      * LineageOS & CO (For Source Code)
      * All the authors in my git sources
      * Nokia For Prebuilt Vendor & Kernel Source
      * Moderators (For Giving Freedom To Post Threads)

Whats working?
      Ril
      Wifi
      Mobile data
      Double tap to wake
      Double tap to sleep
      Adaptive brightness
      Dark theme
      Ambient display
      Flash light
      Sound / vibration
      Camera
      Volte
      Selinux - permissive
      Fingerprint

Known issues

All fixed for now . comment below if you face any bugs

without gapps

Hi,

Would it be possible to publish an image without the gapps?

The reason I am using LineageOS is privacy and gapps kind of ruin that, thanks.

New builds are up
      changelog

* Based on latest Los sources
      * Comes with prebuilt vendor.img
      * Linux version - 4.4.165
      * November security patch
      * Flash open-gapps-10.0-nano
      Can you release version without gapps included?
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone