• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][Onyx] LineageOS 18.1 [2021/08/18]

Search This thread

Madias_D

Sep 21, 2021
Ok, so my vibration motor is dead :/
I cannot believe that you need to install gapps for a working camera. maybe you only install the gcam alone?
(Some of the versions on the end of the thread)

datacomputer

Sep 22, 2021
Tried reinstalling only Lineage again and sure enough the gcam (?) app in there crashes the moment I click on it. Tried the gcam at the end of the thread you suggested but no such luck. Cannot even load the XML cos it crashes so fast. Tried to look for alternative camera apps and got Open Camera, works fine enough...

Noob question: should I lock the bootloader for any reason, other than someone being able to install anything on the phone?

Madias_D

Sep 21, 2021
Tried reinstalling only Lineage again and sure enough the gcam (?) app in there crashes the moment I click on it. Tried the gcam at the end of the thread you suggested but no such luck. Cannot even load the XML cos it crashes so fast. Tried to look for alternative camera apps and got Open Camera, works fine enough...

Noob question: should I lock the bootloader for any reason, other than someone being able to install anything on the phone?
Glad to hear, that open camera works ( as i thought it would/should be in my first reply)
No, do not lock the bootloader, otherwise you have to get another "slot" and waiting time, because maybe you are going to install an update or other ROM later.

Reactions: datacomputer

willy1980

Mar 27, 2011
I've had good success using open gapps instead of others gapps package recommended only down side is lack of nfc otherwise perfect rom

Reactions: Raghu varma

Radder124

Oct 19, 2012
Hello, I followed the guide but at the step 13. Change slot , reboot to twrp again , flash opengapps.zip
when I reboot to recovery I end into the lineage recovery and not TWRP. What did I do wrong?

Edit: well I set partition A active again and flash gapps on slot b then restarted and it works. But it means the active partition needs to be partition B?

Last edited:

secret_007

Oct 11, 2021
Hi
I'm new here and have just completed my first Custom ROM installation on my Nokia 7 plus. So far so good. But what I miss here in this ROM are the following features:
- NFC (this has already been reported)
- Charge status display in the taskbar is missing (that used to work in the original rom), cannot be found under akku settings
- Android Auto not working in my car, this feature cannot be found under connection settings either
Are you missing these features too in your installations?

secret_007

Oct 11, 2021
Right on the top I can see only the symbol of akku charging state, but no percentage beside. Why isn't that shown like in the orginal nokia ROM?

Right on the top I can see only the symbol of akku charging state, but no percentage beside. Why isn't that shown like in the orginal nokia ROM?
Hmm... I am no longer using LineageOS 18.1 so I cannot check, but I was using it until Tuesday and I had the percentage shown on the status bar. It was not there by default, so I did something to make it show... but I cannot recall whether it was in the built-in Settings app or it was configured through another customization I installed.
FYI, the SystemUI Tuner app also seems to have a setting to enable battery percentage in the status bar. (Note that it might require root. I've been using Magisk all along so I don't know for sure.)

secret_007

Oct 11, 2021
yes, I've just tested the SystemUI Tuner app, I can enable it in the app but no results in the status bar. So it seems root is needed, what I don't want. Any other idea to get this working without root?

I get error applying update 28 and sometimes error 1 in TWRP while flashing the rom. I've tried re downloading latest version (2021.08.16) multiple times from different mirrors, and also the older version (2021.07.14), and tried with other usb cables. but no success. can anyone help me with this issue? (I use the instructions in the text file provided by raghu)
You will need to use the repartitioning tool to resize the system partition. I was having the same problem but after I set the system partition to 4.5GB I was able to flash without errors. I figured this out because I was previously able to flash a ROM without Gapps wtihout problems, but any larger ROM zip that included Gapps gave the same issue, so it had to be a system partition size issue.

Reactions: jd98349876

secret_007

Oct 11, 2021
Whats working?
Ril
Wifi
Mobile data
Double tap to wake
Double tap to sleep
Adaptive brightness
Dark theme
Ambient display
Flash light
Sound / vibration
Camera
Volte
Selinux - permissive
Fingerprint

Known issues

All fixed for now . comment below if you face any bugs

@Raghu varma:

Would be great if you would also adding what is NOT working to avoid to spend unnecessary time to this ROM!!!

What is not working:
- NFC
- Android Auto
- Akku percentage in the status bar is not shown
- rSap Profile

Thanks for updating the thread!

Charly_X

Oct 17, 2021
Just a simple question, can I still use Android pay with this Rom? Must I lock the bootloader again after installing?

Go to Settings. Search 'Status Bar' and open the Status Bar configuration page. Under Battery Indicator you can choose the style of battery indicator you want and select whether or not you want battery percentage indicated (either inside or outside the battery graphical indicator).

Radder124

Oct 19, 2012
I have a problem that I literally can't charge my phone. When I plug it in, nothing happens.
I have to shutdown the phone, then plug it in and start the phone. After that when it boots I can charge again, plug out, plug in, it works. Weird.
Does it have something to do with my bootloader being unlocked?

spikypotato

Sep 28, 2013
I have a problem that I literally can't charge my phone. When I plug it in, nothing happens.
I have to shutdown the phone, then plug it in and start the phone. After that when it boots I can charge again, plug out, plug in, it works. Weird.
You might have the infamous USB-C port issue that has been affecting many N7P users, including myself.

Reactions: Radder124

jd98349876

Nov 16, 2021
Nokia 7 Plus
Hello, @Raghu varma.

Thank you for your work. I'm very new to this Custom ROM thing, but I managed to install TWRP and LineageOS 18.1 on my Nokia 7 Plus. The last Build from you was in August 2021. Would it be possible, to run the build script at least once a month, so that we can have regular Google Security patches?

Thank you very much!
Bye,
John

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, @Raghu varma.

Thank you for your work. I'm very new to this Custom ROM thing, but I managed to install TWRP and LineageOS 18.1 on my Nokia 7 Plus. The last Build from you was in August 2021. Would it be possible, to run the build script at least once a month, so that we can have regular Google Security patches?

Thank you very much!
    Bye,
    John
    You might have the infamous USB-C port issue that has been affecting many N7P users, including myself.
    lineage.jpg

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Installation procedure

Note - I don't recommend to flash any other custom kernels on this rom just to avoid issues .

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * LineageOS & CO (For Source Code)
    * All the authors in my git sources
    * Nokia For kernel Source
    * Moderators (For Giving Freedom To Post Threads)

* My entire Nokia 7 Plus community Thank you all for your massive support Again

Whats working?
    Ril
    Wifi
    Mobile data
    Double tap to wake
    Double tap to sleep
    Adaptive brightness
    Dark theme
    Ambient display
    Flash light
    Sound / vibration
    Camera
    Volte
    Selinux - permissive
    Fingerprint

Known issues

All fixed for now . comment below if you face any bugs

without gapps

Hi,

Would it be possible to publish an image without the gapps?

The reason I am using LineageOS is privacy and gapps kind of ruin that, thanks.

New builds are up
    changelog

* Based on latest Los sources
    * Comes with prebuilt vendor.img
    * Linux version - 4.4.165
    * November security patch
    * Flash open-gapps-10.0-nano
    Hello, @Raghu varma.

Thank you very much!
    Bye,
    John