• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][Onyx] LineageOS 18.1 [2021/08/18]

Search This thread

spikypotato

Sep 28, 2013
I flashed the 18/08 build over 14/07 build and it's still on 14/07. Am I doing the flashing right? Please help me.

I faced a similar problem too, posted it on Nokia 7 plus subreddit, and a helpful redditor named (u/shubham412302) helped me out. Link to thread.

Here's how I did it
How to flash an updated build over current build (via ADB sideload):
=========================
[NOTE] I had installed this TWRP on my phone beforehand.

Have the updated build .zip, gapps .zip, and TWRP img file ready your on your PC (put them in the platform-tools folder alongside adb.exe and other files)

On your phone with current build:
1. Remove encryption by removing PIN (if you've set any, if you don't, skip to 2)
2. Enable Developer Options and toggle on ADB debugging
3. Connect phone to PC. (on phone, trust your computer if prompted)
4. On PC, make sure you can see your connected device in adb devices
5. Perform adb reboot recovery command
6. Your phone should reboot to TWRP
7. Tap Reboot
8. Look at the partition you're in. If it's on slot B, switch to slot A. If on slot A, switch to slot B
9. After switching the slot, choose reboot to System.
10. Your phone might then boot to LOS recovery instead. (my case)
11. Take a look at the partition indicator on the LOS recovery, it should indicate to the slot you're switching to.
11. Press the Back button at the corner, go to Settings, Enable ADB
12. Go back to main menu. choose Apply update
13. In my case I chose Install zip via ADB (ADB sideload).
14. On PC, perform
adb sideload <name of zip file>.zip e.g. adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210816-UNOFFICIAL-Onyx.zip
15. Wait for it to transfer and install the update, be careful not to disconnect the phone cable.
16. After the update, do not reboot to system yet, reboot to bootloader and perform
fastboot boot twrp.img to go to TWRP
17. On TWRP, go to Reboot and you should see that you're on the partition slot that you are on before as in Step 8.
18. Go back to main menu, proceed to install the gapps.zip.
19. After flashed gapps, Reboot to System
20. You should boot to the updated build.

Hope this helps. If there's some wrong steps, or extra steps that's needed, please quote and reply and I'll update this.

mcferry

Feb 22, 2014
I get error applying update 28 and sometimes error 1 in TWRP while flashing the rom. I've tried re downloading latest version (2021.08.16) multiple times from different mirrors, and also the older version (2021.07.14), and tried with other usb cables. but no success. can anyone help me with this issue? (I use the instructions in the text file provided by raghu)

spikypotato

Sep 28, 2013
I get error applying update 28 and sometimes error 1 in TWRP while flashing the rom. I've tried re downloading latest version (2021.08.16) multiple times from different mirrors, and also the older version (2021.07.14), and tried with other usb cables. but no success. can anyone help me with this issue? (I use the instructions in the text file provided by raghu)
While on TWRP, connect your phone to PC, and try flashing the ROM using ADB sideload from your PC.

Reactions: mcferry

Aravind192001

Feb 4, 2020
Best rom i have ever seen.Been using it for a day and still haven't found any bugs as of latest update.But apps doesn't show biometrics option(fingerprint).And even though I click file transfer while I connect my phone with pc,my pc doesn't recognise my phone.Pls fix these problems.

Last edited:

Aravind192001

Feb 4, 2020
So far it's running good.... here are some issues that I'm experiencing so far.

- Ambient Display not working, no Ambient Display settings in Display>Lock screen as suggested by the search bar in Settings. Ambient Display does work, it's just missing that "lift up phone to see notifications".

- Some apps that usually couldn't utilize fingerprint scan to log in feature, not sure whether it's Android 11-only bug, or ROM bug. Works on stock Android 10.

- Duplicate ringtones in Pixel Sounds.

- FM Radio app? Wish it worked but I don't remember N7P having FM Radio feature 😂.
It is not an android 11 only bug i have seen oneplus devices running in android 11,there apps utilise fingerprint scan.Only in this custom rom apps doesn't show biometrics authentication.I have used it in stock rom and worked perfectly.I hope developer fixes this issue in the upcoming update.

Last edited:

Aravind192001

Feb 4, 2020
Changelog Wed Aug 18 08:03:54 UTC 2021
==================================
• Based on latest stable sources
• August 2021 security patch
• Improved system stability
• User interface enhancements
some apps doesn't showbiometrics authentication.So it gives us the option of pin only.I couldn't use fingerprint for any kind of security in apps like dashlane password manager and many other apps.And even though I click file transfer while I connect my phone with pc,my pc doesn't recognise my phone.Pls fix these problems.You have done an amazing job till now.These are the only problem i have been facing in this rom as of the latest update.So pls fix it as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Raghu varma

Mar 22, 2017
Hyderabad
raghuvarma331.github.io
some apps doesn't showbiometrics authentication.So it gives us the option of pin only.I couldn't use fingerprint for any kind of security in apps like dashlane password manager and many other apps.And even though I click file transfer while I connect my phone with pc,my pc doesn't recognise my phone.Pls fix these problems.You have done an amazing job till now.These are the only problem i have been facing in this rom as of the latest update.So pls fix it as soon as possible.
Iam glad to know that you are using my work..

Unfortunately I don't own any of the nokia phones except Nokia 6.1 plus.

So whatever development for Nokia 7 plus is just based on my experience and with the help of testers. most importantly Android 11 support is end from my side.

Iam tired towards fixing bugs and as well as busy with my regular schedule.

Note - the bug which you mentioned towards biometric is already fixed just make sure to flash gapps & magisk & pass safety net.

Aravind192001

Feb 4, 2020
Iam glad to know that you are using my work..

Unfortunately I don't own any of the nokia phones except Nokia 6.1 plus.

So whatever development for Nokia 7 plus is just based on my experience and with the help of testers. most importantly Android 11 support is end from my side.

Iam tired towards fixing bugs and as well as busy with my regular schedule.

Note - the bug which you mentioned towards biometric is already fixed just make sure to flash gapps & magisk & pass safety net.
Thank you for replying.But I already flashed gapps and magisk and passed safety net too.But still it is not working.I can understand you are busy but please help me solve this problem so that I can continue to use this rom.

bemole

Sep 5, 2016
Ok, the main issue I found on this version was the battery drain. Even in standby mode, the battery was draining way quickly. On full usage, I got Screen on time of around 2-3 hours, where I used to get 6-7 hours on-screen on time on my stock ROM.

Because of this battery issue I moved to my stock ROM.

willy1980

Mar 27, 2011
That you very much for bringing 11 to Nokia 7plus @ RagHu Varma been using as daily only issues I've found so far is touch is sometimes unresponsive till locking and unlocking again and network switching is sometimes slow. Also Google maps sometimes struggles to get a GPS lock.
But really love your work haven't noticed any battery drain on my end loving the media controls etc that 11 brings.

Regarding battery drain: this happens because certain activities peg all the active CPU cores to the highest frequency (2208 MHz for the big cores, 1843 MHz for the LITTLE cores) until reboot. I have noticed it happening after using the Camera app, or using certain in-app cameras of other apps, for example.
This bug has been present on LineageOS 18.1 at least since the first builds I tried in early April 2021, perhaps even in earlier ones. It is not present on Android 10-based custom ROMs (e.g. Aosip Derpfest 10).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok and hey to you all.
    At first I´m searching my english words... I try.

I`m owner of a Nokia 7+, till now it has Android Stock 10.0, Security Patch from 03.2021.
    I maybe whant to tryout to Unlock my Phone and to flash Lineagos OS Android 11.
    But I´m undecided...
    I dont want Admin rights, because "Problems" with Banking Apps and so on.
    And I think, after flashing the new Rom, Wiping Cache and Data,
    maybe a "Regulation Rule"(?) I start after flashing a "new" Phone? Am I right???
    In the Startpost I have seen, there is needet, after Unlock Bootloader and flashing the new Rom, that I have to flash "Gapps"?
    In later posts I had read, Google Apps is integratet. Right?
    And at least, what is about Security Patshes? Has Lineagos such an Update Mode for that integratet?
    Upps one last Post... For Unlock Bootloader I have to use a link for Telegram?
    TWRP I also is a nice to have...

So, I wish you all a nice Weekend, have a great Day. Mark.
    Hi Mark,

LineageOS does not comes with Google apps. You have to flash Google apps package (gapps). For this ROM you should use the one that's recommended that is the NikGapps (linked in the first post).

Update Mode or OTA update is not working for me. I was on the previous July build, and when the August build uploaded and announced, the updater didn't prompt any new update notification and when refreshed, nothing happens. I had to manually download the new updated build, go to TWRP, swap the partition, flash the update AND gapps. New updates usually comes with security patches.

However, bear in mind that this ROM is unofficial, meaning that it is maintained by individual dev and not by LineageOS' team, so any bugfixes and updates are not as regular as an official ROM and it's up to the dev's discretion.

Cheers.
    I also stucked within a bootloop, but without seeing the linage logo, but maybe this would help:
    It was totally important to do following steps:
    In TWRP: Hit the button "Reboot" an check that SlotA is selected
    Install the LineageOS ROM Zip
    Hit the "Reboot" Button on TWRP main screen again and select SlotB (VERY important)
    after reboot into TWRP again wipe as in manual and
    install GAPPS (into SlotB!!!).
    Reboot.
    I also have to use the repair tool: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...okia-repartition-tool-drg-2020-11-21.4193039/
    I also installed the vendor.zip (maybe not necessary for you)
    Tried reinstalling only Lineage again and sure enough the gcam (?) app in there crashes the moment I click on it. Tried the gcam at the end of the thread you suggested but no such luck. Cannot even load the XML cos it crashes so fast. Tried to look for alternative camera apps and got Open Camera, works fine enough...

Noob question: should I lock the bootloader for any reason, other than someone being able to install anything on the phone?
    Glad to hear, that open camera works ( as i thought it would/should be in my first reply)
    No, do not lock the bootloader, otherwise you have to get another "slot" and waiting time, because maybe you are going to install an update or other ROM later.
    lineage.jpg

Note - Iam Not Responsible for bricked devices

About LineageOS

LineageOS is a free and open-source operating system for set-top boxes, smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.

LineageOS was officially launched on December 24, 2016, with the source code available on GitHub. Since that time, LineageOS development builds now cover more than 185 phone models with over 1.9 million active installs,having doubled its user base in the month February–March 2017 And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Installation procedure

Note - I don't recommend to flash any other custom kernels on this rom just to avoid issues .

Click Here for Installation process

Credits
    * LineageOS & CO (For Source Code)
    * All the authors in my git sources
    * Nokia For kernel Source
    * Moderators (For Giving Freedom To Post Threads)

* My entire Nokia 7 Plus community Thank you all for your massive support Again

Whats working?
    Ril
    Wifi
    Mobile data
    Double tap to wake
    Double tap to sleep
    Adaptive brightness
    Dark theme
    Ambient display
    Flash light
    Sound / vibration
    Camera
    Volte
    Selinux - permissive
    Fingerprint

Known issues

All fixed for now . comment below if you face any bugs

without gapps

Hi,

Would it be possible to publish an image without the gapps?

The reason I am using LineageOS is privacy and gapps kind of ruin that, thanks.

New builds are up
    changelog

* Based on latest Los sources
    * Comes with prebuilt vendor.img
    * Linux version - 4.4.165
    * November security patch
    * Flash open-gapps-10.0-nano
    Can you release version without gapps included?