• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][raphael] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Kevindiepenmaat

May 26, 2008
Borne
Just a question

Is the problem with unknown callerID also present in this rom?

It occurs when calling via 4g is enabled in the Sim card settings. If you then get called all numbers are unknown while having them in your contacts. When disabled the problem do not occur.

I've had this with previous version (10) and it does not matter which region was used.

x-calibur1978

Dec 2, 2013
Just a question

Is the problem with unknown callerID also present in this rom?

It occurs when calling via 4g is enabled in the Sim card settings. If you then get called all numbers are unknown while having them in your contacts. When disabled the problem do not occur.

I've had this with previous version (10) and it does not matter which region was used.
The main reason i updated to Android 11 was to get rid of this Android bug. However also this ROM does NOT fix the issue.

Rapalax

Sep 5, 2010
Great.

Next issue with this rom, I do get very often a "System UI not responding". Am I the only one ?

So I don't get any errors, but the UI just freezes up when using certain apps/games. I didn't wipe when I flashed 10/22 over the original los18 build so I didn't report it.

I did flash back to the original los 18 rom though cause that lag was really annoying. Did not try a clean wipe.

sajjads

Apr 10, 2015
Playing media when phone is charging

When phone is charging, any player and any type of media, play with lag.
When I unplug cable, there is no problem.
Not depends player app or media type
Video , audio,
Phone speaker or BT
In Phone or web hosted media
Whatsapp, telegram , ... Media
Am I alone with this bug?

tokoky

Nov 5, 2020
LOS 17.1 Backup not working :(

Heyo, maybe someone can help me? I wanted to give this a try. So I did a backup in TWRP (system, data, boot) of my LOS 17.1. Then did a dirty flash which booted, but gave me lots of errors. So i decided to restore my backup. However, after restoring the backup, I cannot boot and instead land in the TWRP again (recovery bootloop). Probably a problem with encryption? How can I solve it. Even Factory reset and flashing LOS 17.1 without any restoring operation does not boot. thx!

olus

Oct 4, 2008
Heyo, maybe someone can help me? I wanted to give this a try. So I did a backup in TWRP (system, data, boot) of my LOS 17.1. Then did a dirty flash which booted, but gave me lots of errors. So i decided to restore my backup. However, after restoring the backup, I cannot boot and instead land in the TWRP again (recovery bootloop). Probably a problem with encryption? How can I solve it. Even Factory reset and flashing LOS 17.1 without any restoring operation does not boot. thx!

you need to format data, not just wipe data. then start from scratch flashing vendor, rom, gapps,..
and yes, problem is you are encrypted like me. i always remove lockscreen before dirty flashing updates.
for major updated like now from 17 to 18 always clean flash is recommend.

tokoky

Nov 5, 2020
you need to format data, not just wipe data. then start from scratch flashing vendor, rom, gapps,..
and yes, problem is you are encrypted like me. i always remove lockscreen before dirty flashing updates.
for major updated like now from 17 to 18 always clean flash is recommend.

But is there a way I can go back to my backup without starting all over? I made the backup for the purpose of not having to reconfigure all of my settings, apps, 2FA, ... that'd be such a pain in the a** to redo ;)

olus

Oct 4, 2008
But is there a way I can go back to my backup without starting all over? I made the backup for the purpose of not having to reconfigure all of my settings, apps, 2FA, ... that'd be such a pain in the a** to redo ;)

i tried restoring a nandroid backup almost a year ago. it doesnt worked. never tried again. since then i used titanium backup or swift to backup and restore.
you should start from scratch with los18. forget about 17..

tokoky

Nov 5, 2020
i tried restoring a nandroid backup almost a year ago. it doesnt worked. never tried again. since then i used titanium backup or swift to backup and restore.
you should start from scratch with los18. forget about 17..

after some trial and error i could successfully restore my backup. first i removed decryption by formatting data. then i followed youtube video hPeKu--_myc because after formatting i ran into that video's error when trying to restore data. almost all apps are working again and i could keep most of my logged in sessions.

podkilla

Jun 4, 2013
I did this:

1. clean wipe
2. install rom via twrp
3. configured the whole system
4. used the phone a couple of days without issues
5. installed 2 CA certificates for local network, configured strongswan vpn and imported p12 certificate
6. rebooted the phone

Then i am greeted with the start screen and a locked phone of course. Also i get a notification from Android System: Discover Trust. I unlock the phone by providing my passphrase and then the phone unlocks for a second and then black screen, and i can see the LOS booting animation again, then my start screen, then the LOS booting animation and so on. It loops endlessly without accepting any user interaction. I can hard reset ofc but then the same happens again.

Edit: I just started TWRP and it tells me that it cannot decrypt my data partition and i might need a format data. WTF?

What to do?

Last edited:

trunkenstein

Jul 11, 2017
I did this:

1. clean wipe
2. install rom via twrp
3. configured the whole system
4. used the phone a couple of days without issues
5. installed 2 CA certificates for local network, configured strongswan vpn and imported p12 certificate
6. rebooted the phone

Then i am greeted with the start screen and a locked phone of course. Also i get a notification from Android System: Discover Trust. I unlock the phone by providing my passphrase and then the phone unlocks for a second and then black screen, and i can see the LOS booting animation again, then my start screen, then the LOS booting animation and so on. It loops endlessly without accepting any user interaction. I can hard reset ofc but then the same happens again.

Edit: I just started TWRP and it tells me that it cannot decrypt my data partition and i might need a format data. WTF?

What to do?

If you set a number (pin) as the screenlock passcode you're out of luck, twrp can't decrypt android 11 with a pin at the moment

podkilla

Jun 4, 2013
i used a passphrase - well so i cannot solve the issue within twrp but whats the issue with the los reboot loop after entering my passphrase within android

Swiftor

Apr 1, 2015
Summary

Hi all,
first of all, thank you abhishek987 very much for your great work. :good: And thanks also to all the users who have been active in this thread for their valuable comments.

Recently I have bought this device (Xiaomi Mi 9T PRO [rafael] global version), unlocked it and flashed this LineageOS 18 ROM which is based on Android 11. I flashed the version from 22nd October - updated by abhishek987 on page 11 of this thread. Since this thread is getting pretty long, I wanted to sum up what I found important. I hope this saves some time to the people who come here after me. Others, please excuse my brevity.

IMPORTANT! I haven't properly tested it as a daily driver yet. But from the first glance it looks very cool and fast.

Notes regarding unlocking the bootloader:
I have not found any way how to unlock the bootloader of the device without a sim card (and I really tried). So I bought a throw-away sim and used it's data connection to create the mi account directly from the phone itself. I was looking for a miflash_unlock utility which would run under Linux, but the unofficial one looked too suspicious to me, so I have just used somebody else's windows machine and used the latest official miflash_unlock-en-4.5.813.51 utility. There has been no waiting time and the device was unlocked successfully right on the first try.

Notes regarding flashing this rom (if you need step-by-step tutorial, check this video by munchy on YT):
  • Flashing TWRP - The link from abhishek987 was dead so I used the latest official build (v3.4.0-1) for this device and it worked without problems (here is the link). Munchy has a video on flashing TWRP as well in case you need it :)
  • Wipe - as opposed to the video, I wiped Dalvik, Cache, System, Vendor and Data and on top of that I had to Format Data as well (otherwise I was in a bootloop).
  • How to push files from PC to the device via USB cable while in TWRP - I found this very handy, since this phone does not have an SDcard slot and we have just wiped everything. Just connect your phone to your computer via USB cable and in TWRP go to Mount and click Enable MTP. The device should pop up in your PC as a storage device (if it does not, disconnect and reconnect the cable). You can copy all the necessary files via your file manager or use
    Code:
    adb push yourfile.extension /sdcard/
  • Flashing vendor&firmware and LineageOS18 ROM - Flash the correct files provided by abhishek987 using TWRP Install zip and reboot.
  • You can follow this guide to install Magisk - but I was able to get the Magisk v21.0 just by flashing the first 20422 file and then updating to v21.0 just from the Magisk app. There seems to be no need to flash the 20425 file.
  • Camera - I tried to install the ANXCamera v190 but I was stuck in a boot loop. So I had to uninstall it. Just for transparency - I tried to install all of these files A) ANXFrameworkUnity_190.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip, B) ANXCameraUnity_190.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip, C) ANXCameraHotfix.190.BootloopFix.zip, D) 48MPFixR_200.MenacingDisastrousNorwaylobster.zip, maybe I have just done something wrong. I will try to install the GCam now.

Questions:
  1. Does anybody know how to install ANXCamera on this build? If yes, please let me know.
  2. Is there any privacy issue with installing the regular MIUI stock camera given that I will forbid it to connect to the internet with a root firewall (I use AFWall+)? Or do you think it could still somehow surpass the firewall and send my selfies to our Chinese friends? :D
  3. For some reason, my Magisk does not have the "SafetyNet check" button as everyone else seems to have. Do you have an idea where is the problem?

nathsagar96

Sep 2, 2016
Mumbai
OnePlus One
Redmi K20 Pro
Hi all,
first of all, thank you abhishek987 very much for your great work. :good: And thanks also to all the users who have been active in this thread for their valuable comments.

Recently I have bought this device (Xiaomi Mi 9T PRO [rafael] global version), unlocked it and flashed this LineageOS 18 ROM which is based on Android 11. I flashed the version from 22nd October - updated by abhishek987 on page 11 of this thread. Since this thread is getting pretty long, I wanted to sum up what I found important. I hope this saves some time to the people who come here after me. Others, please excuse my brevity.

IMPORTANT! I haven't properly tested it as a daily driver yet. But from the first glance it looks very cool and fast.

Notes regarding unlocking the bootloader:
I have not found any way how to unlock the bootloader of the device without a sim card (and I really tried). So I bought a throw-away sim and used it's data connection to create the mi account directly from the phone itself. I was looking for a miflash_unlock utility which would run under Linux, but the unofficial one looked too suspicious to me, so I have just used somebody else's windows machine and used the latest official miflash_unlock-en-4.5.813.51 utility. There has been no waiting time and the device was unlocked successfully right on the first try.

Notes regarding flashing this rom (if you need step-by-step tutorial, check this video by munchy on YT):
Flashing TWRP - The link from abhishek987 was dead so I used the latest official build (v3.4.0-1) for this device and it worked without problems (here is the link). Munchy has a video on flashing TWRP as well in case you need it :)
Wipe - as opposed to the video, I wiped Dalvik, Cache, System, Vendor and Data and on top of that I had to Format Data as well (otherwise I was in a bootloop).
How to push files from PC to the device via USB cable while in TWRP - I found this very handy, since this phone does not have an SDcard slot and we have just wiped everything. Just connect your phone to your computer via USB cable and in TWRP go to Mount and click Enable MTP. The device should pop up in your PC as a storage device (if it does not, disconnect and reconnect the cable). You can copy all the necessary files via your file manager or use .
Flashing vendor&firmware and LineageOS18 ROM - Flash the correct files provided by abhishek987 using TWRP Install zip and reboot.
You can follow this guide to install Magisk - but I was able to get the Magisk v21.0 just by flashing the first 20422 file and then updating to v21.0 just from the Magisk app. There seems to be no need to flash the 20425 file.
Camera - I tried to install the ANXCamera v190 but I was stuck in a boot loop. So I had to uninstall it. Just for transparency - I tried to install all of these files A) ANXFrameworkUnity_190.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip, B) ANXCameraUnity_190.BountifulDistantHapuka.zip, C) ANXCameraHotfix.190.BootloopFix.zip, D) 48MPFixR_200.MenacingDisastrousNorwaylobster.zip, maybe I have just done something wrong. I will try to install the GCam now.

Questions:
Does anybody know how to install ANXCamera on this build? If yes, please let me know.
Is there any privacy issue with installing the regular MIUI stock camera given that I will forbid it to connect to the internet with a root firewall (I use AFWall+)? Or do you think it could still somehow surpass the firewall and send my selfies to our Chinese friends? :D
For some reason, my Magisk does not have the "SafetyNet check" button as everyone else seems to have. Do you have an idea where is the problem?
Anxcamera does not fully work on android 11 as of now. Also v190 has issues with our device. You can try v185 and v181 48mp fix.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    okay guys time for update :p

Changelog
    • July security patch
    • Fixed fod icon disappearing sometimes after using screen off fod
    • Fixed anx camera
    • Added smartspace
    • Added few lockscreen clocks
    • Improved volte/vowifi icons
    • Fixed applock opening from notification
    • Added toggle to disable screenshot sound
    • Lineage Upstream
    As usual links are updated in op enjoy ;)
    Curious when WFD will be fixed.
    It already been fixed a few builds ago. The dev simply didn't edited the op.
    Hi! Thanks for the update. I've got an issue: home gesture is not working anymore, the bar is there but it doesn't react when swipping. Also I can't seem to find the gesture/navigation bar settings selector either... Even FNG doesn't work :/

I did install the with gapps by mistake, then re-installed the vanilla one afterwards.
    No issu here on gapps build, try clean install again
    Hey guys, I'm on MIUI 12.5 EEA, Android 11.

Anything specific I need to do before flashing this? Also, I'm on a Ryzen based PC, should I expect any issues when unlocking and flashing the recovery?

Cheers!
    MIUI will restore stock recovery when it boots, so you must boot into TWRP immediately after flashing TWRP.
    You must format data when you flash over MIUI. Wiping data is not enough, you need to format the partition.
    You don't need to flash any vendor and firmware files, because you already have the latest version.
    You don't need to disable encryption if you don't want to.
    Okay guys time for update :p

Changelog
    • Initial Lineage 18.1 builds
    • December security patch
    • Improvements to fod (no flicker and much faster)
    • New advanced reboot
    • Added Firewall
    • Lineage Upstream
    Okay guys time for update after a long time ;)

Changelog
    • February security patch
    • Added music pulse (settings > sound > pulse)
    • Redesigned qs to oos 11 style
    • Added new tinted tiles
    • Added option to switch to oos clear button in notification
    • Lineage Upstream
    Okay guys time for update after long wait

Changelog
    may security patch
    • Added Applock
    • Added few launcher features (dt2s and other improvements to trebuchet non gapps version)
    • Added new volume panel
    • Added scrolling screenshot
    • Fixed hotword (for non gapps use flame gapps + ok google addon)
    • Fixed wfd
    • Lineage Upstream

From now on there will be 2 builds vanilla and gapps variant so flash as you like.
    As usual links are updated in op enjoy :p
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte
    • VoWifi

Known issues:
    • WFD

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash proper vendor and firmware
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

PS : Please Use proper vendor and firmware of your device of stable miui rom for eg: if you device is eea so use eea vendor and firmware if your device is indian variant use indian firmware and vendor and same is the case with chinese version please don't cross flash vendors and firmwares. To use this rom please Flash Android 10 firmware and vendor

Downloads :

Telegram Groups

This project for now uses prebuilt kernel

XDA:DevDB Information

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][raphael] LineageOS 18.0, ROM for the Redmi K20 Pro

Contributors
    abhishek987
    Source Code: http://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.1.0....NGlobal_V11.0.1.0.QFKINXM_5e75bba584_10.0.zip

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-22

Created 2020-10-15
    Last Updated 2020-10-22
    okay guys time for update :p

Changelog
    • July security patch
    • Fixed fod icon disappearing sometimes after using screen off fod
    • Fixed anx camera
    • Added smartspace
    • Added few lockscreen clocks
    • Improved volte/vowifi icons
    • Fixed applock opening from notification
    • Added toggle to disable screenshot sound
    • Lineage Upstream