[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][raphael] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Lomobasd

Apr 12, 2021
Hi, i have bin using this rom for a while, and everything is working flawless so far.
Very nice work!

But now i encountered a Problem after changing the Display of my Phone and wanted to ask if anyone else had a similar issue or knows how to resolve the Problem? The Problem is, that after changing the Display the brightness of the Fingerprint Reader Icon / Dot is now following the screen brightness and is not independently at the max brightness like before. (Which means the fingerprint reader only works at high screen brightness levels)

I already contacted the seller of the Display which told me i should recalibrate the Sensor, but i cant find that utility in Linage OS. (probably non existent). And i don't relay want to re flash the original miui just for calibrating the fingerprint reader.

Any ideas what the Problem could be? The replacement screen itself not supporting the max brightness in that spot? Or maybe some software problem or something which is setup about the display at the initial installation?

valentinc22

Oct 2, 2019
@kingkong1981

Keep in mind that this problem might not be a bug, especially given there are only two of us which have it.
It might be related to a combination of dirty flash and other factors, that's why I would not expect anything from the developer. After all, it's a free ROM, downloadable as-is, without any guarantee it will work perfectly.
I just hope that the combinations of factors that generated this problem in the first place might change in the next build. It happened in the past for problems to disappear, even though they were not listed as bugs or as fixes in the next build.

Last edited:
Reactions: Robbo.5000

Lomobasd

Apr 12, 2021
After reading your post I downloaded SatStat from F-droid to check the GPS and ran into the same issue - it cannot lock onto a GPS position. I'm not using GApps either as the main purpose of flashing lineage OS was to remove google and a good chunk of the tracking from play services. Is there a known replacement for googles location services?
I am using MicroG with my Linage Install with that Locations Services are working properly and you also would be able to use Push Notifications. And you would have fairly good control over the Data sent to google.

groundhogday

Apr 10, 2021
I am using MicroG with my Linage Install with that Locations Services are working properly and you also would be able to use Push Notifications. And you would have fairly good control over the Data sent to google.

Thanks for the input. To clarify, I'm moving away from google services completely due to the privacy issues posed by the extreme data collection used by them (and also the other large tech companies). It's a personal security / privacy project I'm working on to see how much I can reduce my digital footprint, and mobile phone is a large part of that. So whilst MicroG would reduce the data sent to Google, it would still be sending quite a lot. Without Googles location services, it appears that AOSP GPS doesn't appear to work well / at all on its own. This is on a clean install of Lineage OS 18.1 after a complete factory reset / format of everything on my phone.

I'd be curious to hear if there are many others in this situation, as I imagine I'm probably on the sightly more extreme end of the spectrum by not using Google services at all. On the bright side, it's much harder to track my location if Wifi / Mobile high accuracy settings are disabled, cellular signal is disabled via Airpane mode and and GPS doesn't work :D New versions of Android also generate unique MAC addresses when connecting to Wifi, so it's certainly interesting :D

valentinc22

Oct 2, 2019
Thanks for the input. To clarify, I'm moving away from google services completely due to the privacy issues posed by the extreme data collection used by them (and also the other large tech companies). It's a personal security / privacy project I'm working on to see how much I can reduce my digital footprint, and mobile phone is a large part of that. So whilst MicroG would reduce the data sent to Google, it would still be sending quite a lot. Without Googles location services, it appears that AOSP GPS doesn't appear to work well / at all on its own. This is on a clean install of Lineage OS 18.1 after a complete factory reset / format of everything on my phone.

I'd be curious to hear if there are many others in this situation, as I imagine I'm probably on the sightly more extreme end of the spectrum by not using Google services at all. On the bright side, it's much harder to track my location if Wifi / Mobile high accuracy settings are disabled, cellular signal is disabled via Airpane mode and and GPS doesn't work :D New versions of Android also generate unique MAC addresses when connecting to Wifi, so it's certainly interesting :D
Given that you have a clean flash, I can eliminate that as a potential cause. Did it work in previous builds or it was a problem right from the begining ?

I am also in you situation: I am using LineageOS for privacy reasons specifically, so it would not make sense to install Gapps or MicroG. But I think that most people use the ROM with Gapps installed, that may be the reason they do not have this problem.

Last edited:

kingkong1981

Jul 29, 2017
Hi, i have bin using this rom for a while, and everything is working flawless so far.
Very nice work!

But now i encountered a Problem after changing the Display of my Phone and wanted to ask if anyone else had a similar issue or knows how to resolve the Problem? The Problem is, that after changing the Display the brightness of the Fingerprint Reader Icon / Dot is now following the screen brightness and is not independently at the max brightness like before. (Which means the fingerprint reader only works at high screen brightness levels)

I already contacted the seller of the Display which told me i should recalibrate the Sensor, but i cant find that utility in Linage OS. (probably non existent). And i don't relay want to re flash the original miui just for calibrating the fingerprint reader.

Any ideas what the Problem could be? The replacement screen itself not supporting the max brightness in that spot? Or maybe some software problem or something which is setup about the display at the initial installation?
To clarify things,

In this ROM the brightness of fingerprint icon when phone is in unlocked state is similar that of surrounding display but its brightness increases to maximum when touched to unlock the phone.

Usually display related issues are hardware based.

To rule out software related causes,

1. Run a highly rated third party display calibration tool or diagnostic tool downloaded from playstore.
2.Tweak related display settings in settings & developer settings.
3. Try changing fingerprint animation if possible.

Reactions: Lomobasd

Lomobasd

Apr 12, 2021
In this ROM the brightness of fingerprint icon when phone is in unlocked state is similar that of surrounding display but its brightness increases to maximum when touched to unlock the phone.
I don't think that the ROM is the problem, because with the Original Display the Fingerprint was working fine. And the problem is not the icon the Problem is the Brightness of the turquoise dot illuminating the Finger for the Fingerprint reader Camera. Before the Dot was at max brightness while the surrounding display stayed at the same brightness level. With the new Display the turquoise dot follows the global screen brightness, which means the phone wont unlock if the brightness is to low.

Usually display related issues are hardware based.

I also think so but its a bit strange, because its the most sold replacement display and no buyer reported any problems about the fingerprint not working.

kingkong1981

Jul 29, 2017
I don't think that the ROM is the problem, because with the Original Display the Fingerprint was working fine. And the problem is not the icon the Problem is the Brightness of the turquoise dot illuminating the Finger for the Fingerprint reader Camera. Before the Dot was at max brightness while the surrounding display stayed at the same brightness level. With the new Display the turquoise dot follows the global screen brightness, which means the phone wont unlock if the brightness is to low.

I also think so but its a bit strange, because its the most sold replacement display and no buyer reported any problems about the fingerprint not working.
Better to confirm by flashing stock MIUI ROM. Else ask seller guidance to calibrate the display or a replacement.

Lomobasd

Apr 12, 2021
Better to confirm by flashing stock MIUI ROM. Else ask seller guidance to calibrate the display or a replacement.
dont realy want to do that yet. Dose anybody know where the config files for display and fingerprint stuff are located? I also wouldnt mind if the whole screen brightness would get set to 100% for scanning the fingerprint

Robbo.5000

Dec 8, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Question: I'm still running stock because I heard stories that the fingerprint reader is always slow in custom Roms. Is this true? Or was that something in the past and has it been fixed?
It used to be slow, but has been fixed for a long time. In my personal experience I would say it's not quite as accurate or fast as stock, but it's good enough to use without it being a problem.

groundhogday

Apr 10, 2021
Question: I'm still running stock because I heard stories that the fingerprint reader is always slow in custom Roms. Is this true? Or was that something in the past and has it been fixed?
Been working great for me so far. The only exception I've seen is a weird bug in 1Password where it will always fail when autofilling. This was apparently a Xiaomi firmware bug, but it appears to have been resolved in a firmware update after the one linked in the OP. As a general question, how frequently do we see Xiaomi vendor firmware patches on here compared to the official releases? I realise this version is only unoffical because the kernel isn't open source, but how often are the "closed source" updates available to us?

kingkong1981

Jul 29, 2017
I felt fingerprint unlock in this ROM is faster & more reliable comparable to that of stock ROM. This is due to fact that FP animation in stock ROM is longer than simplistic one of Lineage OS.

kingkong1981

Jul 29, 2017
Been working great for me so far. The only exception I've seen is a weird bug in 1Password where it will always fail when autofilling. This was apparently a Xiaomi firmware bug, but it appears to have been resolved in a firmware update after the one linked in the OP. As a general question, how frequently do we see Xiaomi vendor firmware patches on here compared to the official releases? I realise this version is only unoffical because the kernel isn't open source, but how often are the "closed source" updates available to us?
List of official vendor firmware by Xiaomi for all regions for K20 Pro/ Mi9T Pro.

Last edited:

murakh

Dec 5, 2008
After clean flashing the lastest build (20210222) when I receive a call my phone rings but it doesn't show up on the screen so I can't answer it. PLEASE HELP!

EDIT: It must have been caused by a separate package I installed, either Nik Gapps or GCam, completely wiping the phone and installing LOS without them fixed it.
Had this problem too, also using Nik Gapps. Without wiping or re-flashing the ROM, going into the Phone App settings and clearing the cache & data, and then making it the default for phonecalls (App-info - Advanced - Phone app "yes") (which it was not) fixed the issue.

Top Liked Posts

You can use magisk to flash this.
    Thanks for this - it works well. On this ROM is there any way for anxcamera to start from the lock screen without an unlock?
    Hi!
    I got my Mi 9T Pro two days ago and since I love LAOS on my OP2, the build by abhishek987 was a major consideration to purchase this model.
    I bricked it a few times because of encryption (unbrick with MiFlash), but after I figured out about Disable_DM-Verty_ForceEncrypt the installation worked like a charm. As I'm reading on here, it seems that encryption is possible, and I would like to do that, if it is workling reliable (without eating data) and also without needing to reinstall all apps and configs. Is that possible?

I've chossen the Gapps build (20210222 Unofficial Rapahel Gapps) because as far as I know there is no such Open GApps "lite" for Android 11. The deep google integration is bothering me, especially the assistant. I think I disabled 99% of that suff, but I whish to be more sure about that. So is it a "take it - or leave it" option when it comes to Play store? Can we expect an Open GApps build for Android 11?

So far I'm using LAOS 18.1 on the 9T pro without major issuse, so I'll use it as daily driver - big shoutout to the developer abhishek987! I whish to donate something, but I respect his words in the donation description. So instead I think about donating to LineageOS LLC.

Bugs'n'stuff

So far, the only bug I have is the 48 MP sensor. I have tried the ANXCamera (which gives me the other lenses and a ton of funtionality back compared to the stock ROM 🤗), but the resolution is 12 MP and when I turn on 48 MP Mode, its 2,8 MP ?!??? Even with the 48MPFixR (ver. 200 and 201) I had no luck. Was anybody able to get this working?
    Portrait Mode is only working in Camera PX (GCam Mod), otherwise I'll get an error in ANXCamera.

Nice stuff​

Try the Wifi Bonding Plugin in Magisk - I was able to hop from 144 Mbits local WiFi speed to 300 Mbits! This is really usefull when transferring data locally via AirDroid or just using our 200 MBits internet connection.

Feature Request​

While using the Stock ROM, I was able to unlock the screen when only a fingerprint symbol was shown.
    Now in LAOS I'm unable to unlock while the screen is off. Enableling inactivity display fixes it, but I dont like having the clock and other symbols displayed - I whish it was at most only the fingerprint symbol, but it would be even better to have the fingerprint sensor always on when the display if completely off. Is there a way to do that? With inactivity display / fingerprint on, battery consumptions doesn't seem like a big concern, but I have to investigate that more over the next days.

Thanks a lot in advance!
    You can enable screen off fingerprint (works exactly as you asked), on Settings -> Security -> Setting gear near Screen lock.
    photo_2021-05-17 20.48.54.jpeg
    No he is still the maintainer but is just busy with life I guess. Compiling and uploading also takes quite some time. So that's why I would wish to have a docker image for that so that either we rent a server and build weekly or everyone can build on their own.
    Reminder to everyone

Please be friendly to each other and also respectful. Most of the time there's more than one possibility to resolve an issue on Android and not everyone is an expert and has his own experience and solutions, so please accept them.

That's the way a community is working 😊

I recommend to read the FORUM RULES especially those:

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.
    2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.
    2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

Please keep the thread on topic without judging others opinions in a personal manner👍

Regards!

strongst
    Forum Moderator
    Hi,

I've read all thread and tried many solutions to have LOS encrypted and that I can still do have backup that I can successfully restore TWRP backup when I needed. As remmember I've tried following in couple days back.
    1. Format Data and start with clean flash of firmware, ROM, Magisk.
    2. Backup without pattern and when restore and boot I have semi usable system withont navigation and notification bars displayed, also displayed in other tries. If pattern is enabled it just showing "System is starting",
    3. Many recoveries TWRP, SHRP, PB, OFox,
    4. Firmware 12.0.2.0, 12.0.3.0 versions,
    5. Older LOS 18 and 18.1 versions,
    6. Flashing fastboot MIUI and than TWRP, ROM, Magisk.
    7. Format data as EXT4.
    I don't like to trade security with DFE or either to return to MIUI, but in my case I have two options eather to have encrypted system and no usable backup that I can restore or to have unsecured phone with option to have backup if needed. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
    stay encrypted without backups. you can use apps like titanium backup, swift backup etc for backing up most important things, settings, apps, etc.

i cant understand why so many people recommend an unencrypted device. yes, i know "i have nothing to hide, im not criminal, they can look at my phone, my house and even in my ass. i have nothing to hide, come and look..".
    Thanks a lot!

I dont have telegram. Is there a link where I could download the modded 40MP fix?
    You can use magisk to flash this.
    Reminder to everyone

Please be friendly to each other and also respectful. Most of the time there's more than one possibility to resolve an issue on Android and not everyone is an expert and has his own experience and solutions, so please accept them.

That's the way a community is working 😊

I recommend to read the FORUM RULES especially those:

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.
    2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.
    2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

Please keep the thread on topic without judging others opinions in a personal manner👍

Regards!

strongst
    Forum Moderator
    I've been out with friends for a couple of drinks and so I'm probably not in the best frame of mind to respond to this. But hey, this needs saying, and if I get kicked for doing so, then it's a measure of how low XDA has gone and so it's no great loss.
    I agree with the sentiment, but in this case you're so wrong.
    If you believe it's OK to advise people to needlessly lower the security of their phone as a solution to a problem, then you do not deserve to be a moderator.
    There may well be multiple solutions to a problem, but there should be a moral duty of the community to flag any solution given that is detrimental to the user, and where the person giving that solution has failed to clarify the negative implications of that solution. For this phone, removing encryption is 100% not required in order to flash and use any custom ROM. Removing encryption is therefore completely a convenience option. (I could argue that it doesn't actually give as much convenience as many claim, but that's for another post). I make absolutely no apologies for jumping on any post that suggests needlessly flashing a dfe script as a solution to a problem, and I will continue to do so. It is totally irresponsible for anyone to suggest needlessly removing security of their phone. If the person that made that suggestion takes offence to my reply and then responds by making disrespectful jibes, then I will respond in kind.
    Okay guys time for update :p

Changelog
    • Initial Lineage 18.1 builds
    • December security patch
    • Improvements to fod (no flicker and much faster)
    • New advanced reboot
    • Added Firewall
    • Lineage Upstream
    As usual links are updated in op enjoy ;)
    Okay guys time for update after a long time ;)

Changelog
    • February security patch
    • Added music pulse (settings > sound > pulse)
    • Redesigned qs to oos 11 style
    • Added new tinted tiles
    • Added option to switch to oos clear button in notification
    • Lineage Upstream
    1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Fingerprint
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • LED
    • GPS
    • Volte
    • VoWifi

Known issues:
    • WFD

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash proper vendor and firmware
    • Flash the latest build and GApps
    • Reboot

PS : Please Use proper vendor and firmware of your device of stable miui rom for eg: if you device is eea so use eea vendor and firmware if your device is indian variant use indian firmware and vendor and same is the case with chinese version please don't cross flash vendors and firmwares. To use this rom please Flash Android 10 firmware and vendor

Downloads :

Telegram Groups

This project for now uses prebuilt kernel

XDA:DevDB Information

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][raphael] LineageOS 18.0, ROM for the Redmi K20 Pro

Contributors
    abhishek987
    Source Code: http://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.1.0....NGlobal_V11.0.1.0.QFKINXM_5e75bba584_10.0.zip

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-22

Created 2020-10-15
    Last Updated 2020-10-22
    @abhishek987 any chance of a Xmas present this year? :giggle:
    No he is still the maintainer but is just busy with life I guess. Compiling and uploading also takes quite some time. So that's why I would wish to have a docker image for that so that either we rent a server and build weekly or everyone can build on their own.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone