Search This thread

Robbo.5000

Dec 8, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Reactions: murakh

sam00561

Jan 31, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
Best thing to do now would be to flash the latest correct region MIUI fastboot ROM and start again. Ignore anyone who tells you to flash a disable force encrypt patch, it's absolutely not necessary.
See my guide here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/simple-guide-to-flashing-successfully.4151007/
This is totally recoverable without flashing fastboot ROM where he may risk bricking the device if not sure about correct official ROM. To my understanding being decrypted offers faster read write speeds and better performance and I was under the impression he may have previously decrypted. Shame you didn't chime in earlier with your expert understanding.

Robbo.5000

Dec 8, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
This is totally recoverable without flashing fastboot ROM where he may risk bricking the device if not sure about correct official ROM. To my understanding being decrypted offers faster read write speeds and better performance and I was under the impression he may have previously decrypted. Shame you didn't chime in earlier with your expert understanding.
How much time has he spent so far? Restoring stock and going from there would have got him up and running issue free straight away, for just a few extra minutes. Now he's still not got an unusable phone and, with your philosophy, an unknown amount of trial and error trying to get it working as is.
Android encrypts entire partitions not individual files. In use the partition is already unencrypted, so there is no performance difference reading and writing files.
There is zero reason for anyone to decrypt this phone and lower the security of their data, other than personal preference.
Yes, it is a shame I hadn't read his problem earlier with my far better knowledge.

Reactions: Saamyo and murakh

sam00561

Jan 31, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
How much time has he spent so far? Restoring stock and going from there would have got him up and running issue free straight away, for just a few extra minutes. Now he's still not got an unusable phone and, with your philosophy, an unknown amount of trial and error trying to get it working as is.
Android encrypts entire partitions not individual files. In use the partition is already unencrypted, so there is no performance difference reading and writing files.
There is zero reason for anyone to decrypt this phone and lower the security of their data, other than personal preference.
Yes, it is a shame I hadn't read his problem earlier with my far better knowledge.
Well I could only advise the way I do things with my phone people have different ways of achieving a similar goal but if you think you can do better be my guest. I just hope he doesn't end up bricking his phone as people can be unsure of there exact ROM. I still think he is better off joining the telegram channel where there are real experts. Oh and my expert comment was in jest but seems to have failed on you.

Robbo.5000

Dec 8, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
Well I could only advise the way I do things with my phone people have different ways of achieving a similar goal but if you think you can do better be my guest. I just hope he doesn't end up bricking his phone as people can be unsure of there exact ROM. I still think he is better off joining the telegram channel where there are real experts. Oh and my expert comment was in jest but seems to have failed on you.
It's very simple not to brick the phone. You delete the flash_all_and_lock.bat and flash_all_and_lock.sh files from the ROM, as soon as you've fully extracted it. From then on it's impossible to accidentally lock the phone, no matter which method you use to flash the fastboot ROM.
I fully understood the expert comment, that's why I countered it, because I've shown that I actually do know considerably more than you about flashing ROMs safely and securely on this phone.

sam00561

Jan 31, 2011
Xiaomi Poco F3
It's very simple not to brick the phone. You delete the flash_all_and_lock.bat and flash_all_and_lock.sh files from the ROM, as soon as you've fully extracted it. From then on it's impossible to accidentally lock the phone, no matter which method you use to flash the fastboot ROM.
I fully understood the expert comment, that's why I countered it, because I've shown that I actually do know considerably more than you about flashing ROMs safely and securely on this phone.
I employed my way of doing things and you have your way which I have no issue with there's no need to get wet about it I never claimed to be any kind of expert my ideas on how to go about things differ from yours nevertheless we are all here as a community to help each other not measure D*** sizes.

Robbo.5000

Dec 8, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
I employed my way of doing things and you have your way which I have no issue with there's no need to get wet about it I never claimed to be any kind of expert my ideas on how to go about things differ from yours nevertheless we are all here as a community to help each other not measure D*** sizes.
You started the measuring with your 'jibe'. I merely responded in kind.
I have no issue on how you do things.
I do have an issue with anyone who blindly and blandly tells people to flash a dfe script as a solution to their problems, when it's not required and will result in the person having a less secure phone. You're not the first person I've opposed for giving that advice and you probably won't be the last.

Reactions: Saamyo and murakh

paparansen

Jun 29, 2010
what is going on here? ^^

i thought, that file will fix a problem - didnt know that it disables encryption :D

anyway, still got problems... now i tried flashing vendor, rom & gapps AND
after that i formated data - now it is working like before.

didnt know that, because it is not mentioned in the how to flash of this rom.

also the sucking evolution x rom didnt need that step.

now i learned something again ^^

kingkong1981

Jul 29, 2017
Expecting this week based on past time line.
Once again, I would thank this developer from giving us timely updates on this favourite ROM of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20210423_170649.jpg
    IMG_20210423_170649.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 52
Reactions: sam00561

strongst

Senior Moderator
Staff member
  • Sep 18, 2007
    8 bit times
    prolific-page.com
    HTC Desire
    OnePlus 7
    Reminder to everyone

Please be friendly to each other and also respectful. Most of the time there's more than one possibility to resolve an issue on Android and not everyone is an expert and has his own experience and solutions, so please accept them.

That's the way a community is working 😊

I recommend to read the FORUM RULES especially those:

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.
    2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.
    2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

Please keep the thread on topic without judging others opinions in a personal manner👍

Regards!

strongst
    Forum Moderator

Last edited:

Robbo.5000

Dec 8, 2016
    Redmi K20 Pro
    Reminder to everyone

Please be friendly to each other and also respectful. Most of the time there's more than one possibility to resolve an issue on Android and not everyone is an expert and has his own experience and solutions, so please accept them.

2.1 Language: XDA is a worldwide community. As a result, what may be OK to say in your part of the world, may not be OK elsewhere. Please don't direct profanity, sexually explicit language or other offensive content toward Members or their work. Conversely, while reading posts from other members, remember that the word you find offensive may not be offensive to the writer. Tolerance is a two-way street.
    2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.
    2.4 Personal attacks, racial, political and / or religious discussions: XDA is a discussion forum about certain mobile phones. Mobile phones are not racial, political, religious or personally offensive and therefore, none of these types of discussions are permitted on XDA.

Please keep the thread on topic without judging others opinions in a personal manner👍

Regards!

strongst
    Forum Moderator
    I've been out with friends for a couple of drinks and so I'm probably not in the best frame of mind to respond to this. But hey, this needs saying, and if I get kicked for doing so, then it's a measure of how low XDA has gone and so it's no great loss.
    I agree with the sentiment, but in this case you're so wrong.
    If you believe it's OK to advise people to needlessly lower the security of their phone as a solution to a problem, then you do not deserve to be a moderator.
    There may well be multiple solutions to a problem, but there should be a moral duty of the community to flag any solution given that is detrimental to the user, and where the person giving that solution has failed to clarify the negative implications of that solution. For this phone, removing encryption is 100% not required in order to flash and use any custom ROM. Removing encryption is therefore completely a convenience option. (I could argue that it doesn't actually give as much convenience as many claim, but that's for another post). I make absolutely no apologies for jumping on any post that suggests needlessly flashing a dfe script as a solution to a problem, and I will continue to do so. It is totally irresponsible for anyone to suggest needlessly removing security of their phone. If the person that made that suggestion takes offence to my reply and then responds by making disrespectful jibes, then I will respond in kind.

Rockdriver

Sep 13, 2012
    Hi guys, i need help! i followed the guide as posted some pages before, coming from evolution x i thought it was pretty straightforward.. but even when i do factory reset, then format data, and then install rom and gapps i got stuck in twrp loop. what should i do?
    Every time it doesn't reboot to system!

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
    Hi guys, i need help! i followed the guide as posted some pages before, coming from evolution x i thought it was pretty straightforward.. but even when i do factory reset, then format data, and then install rom and gapps i got stuck in twrp loop. what should i do?
    The problem might be in where you factory reset into. I would try to flash the global firmware first from https://c.mi.com//miuidownload/detail?device=1700361 and then repeat the same steps you used.

Also, I'd advise to use the official twrp from https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomimi9tpro.html

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
    I've been out with friends for a couple of drinks and so I'm probably not in the best frame of mind to respond to this. But hey, this needs saying, and if I get kicked for doing so, then it's a measure of how low XDA has gone and so it's no great loss.
    If you believe it's OK to advise people to needlessly lower the security of their phone as a solution to a problem, then you do not deserve to be a moderator.
    There may well be multiple solutions to a problem, but there should be a moral duty of the community to flag any solution given that is detrimental to the user, and where the person giving that solution has failed to clarify the negative implications of that solution. For this phone, removing encryption is 100% not required in order to flash and use any custom ROM. Removing encryption is therefore completely a convenience option. (I could argue that it doesn't actually give as much convenience as many claim, but that's for another post). I make absolutely no apologies for jumping on any post that suggests needlessly flashing a dfe script as a solution to a problem, and I will continue to do so. It is totally irresponsible for anyone to suggest needlessly removing security of their phone. If the person that made that suggestion takes offence to my reply and then responds by making disrespectful jibes, then I will respond in kind.
    Your main problem is that you're using too many words. Even if you're right (and in this case, you are), talking longer or louder does not help.

kingkong1981

Jul 29, 2017
    Below, I am posting a link on detailed tutorial on installing official version of Lineage OS on K20/ MI9T (the non pro version) from official Lineage OS website.

Same should apply to K20 pro/ MI9T pro aswell.

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/davinci/install

See, if you can find clues on what went wrong or steps you missed.

Kindly, use the official version of TWRP that can be downloaded from link below,

Below is download link of my recommended version of Gapps,

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

No he is still the maintainer but is just busy with life I guess. Compiling and uploading also takes quite some time. So that's why I would wish to have a docker image for that so that either we rent a server and build weekly or everyone can build on their own.
      Reminder to everyone

Regards!

strongst
      Forum Moderator
      Hi,

I've read all thread and tried many solutions to have LOS encrypted and that I can still do have backup that I can successfully restore TWRP backup when I needed. As remmember I've tried following in couple days back.
      1. Format Data and start with clean flash of firmware, ROM, Magisk.
      2. Backup without pattern and when restore and boot I have semi usable system withont navigation and notification bars displayed, also displayed in other tries. If pattern is enabled it just showing "System is starting",
      3. Many recoveries TWRP, SHRP, PB, OFox,
      4. Firmware 12.0.2.0, 12.0.3.0 versions,
      5. Older LOS 18 and 18.1 versions,
      6. Flashing fastboot MIUI and than TWRP, ROM, Magisk.
      7. Format data as EXT4.
      I don't like to trade security with DFE or either to return to MIUI, but in my case I have two options eather to have encrypted system and no usable backup that I can restore or to have unsecured phone with option to have backup if needed. Please help.

Thanks in advance.
      stay encrypted without backups. you can use apps like titanium backup, swift backup etc for backing up most important things, settings, apps, etc.

i cant understand why so many people recommend an unencrypted device. yes, i know "i have nothing to hide, im not criminal, they can look at my phone, my house and even in my ass. i have nothing to hide, come and look..".
      Reminder to everyone

Regards!

strongst
      Forum Moderator
      stay encrypted without backups. you can use apps like titanium backup, swift backup etc for backing up most important things, settings, apps, etc.

i cant understand why so many people recommend an unencrypted device. yes, i know "i have nothing to hide, im not criminal, they can look at my phone, my house and even in my ass. i have nothing to hide, come and look..".
      This is not addressed to anyone in particular, but yes, you're right. We're seeing too many people recommending unencryption here. Perhaps under the influence on what they read in k20 pro telegram groups, which I use to get my daily laugh fix. You find all kinds of stupidity there.
      Okay guys time for update :p

Changelog
      • Initial Lineage 18.1 builds
      • December security patch
      • Improvements to fod (no flicker and much faster)
      • New advanced reboot
      • Added Firewall
      • Lineage Upstream
      As usual links are updated in op enjoy ;)
      Okay guys time for update after a long time ;)

Changelog
      • February security patch
      • Added music pulse (settings > sound > pulse)
      • Redesigned qs to oos 11 style
      • Added new tinted tiles
      • Added option to switch to oos clear button in notification
      • Lineage Upstream
      1200px-Lineage_OS_Logo.png

Code:
      /*
      * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
      * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
      * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
      * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
      * Same statement for XDA.
      */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

What's working :

• Boots
      • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
      • Fingerprint
      • Wi-Fi
      • Bluetooth
      • Camera
      • Camcorder
      • Video Playback
      • Audio
      • Sensors
      • Flash
      • LED
      • GPS
      • Volte
      • VoWifi

Known issues:
      • WFD

Instructions :
      • Download the latest build and GApps
      • Reboot to recovery
      • Flash proper vendor and firmware
      • Flash the latest build and GApps
      • Reboot

PS : Please Use proper vendor and firmware of your device of stable miui rom for eg: if you device is eea so use eea vendor and firmware if your device is indian variant use indian firmware and vendor and same is the case with chinese version please don't cross flash vendors and firmwares. To use this rom please Flash Android 10 firmware and vendor

Downloads :

Telegram Groups

This project for now uses prebuilt kernel

XDA:DevDB Information

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][11.0][raphael] LineageOS 18.0, ROM for the Redmi K20 Pro

Contributors
      abhishek987
      Source Code: http://bigota.d.miui.com/V11.0.1.0....NGlobal_V11.0.1.0.QFKINXM_5e75bba584_10.0.zip

ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
      Stable
      Stable Release Date: 2020-10-22

Created 2020-10-15
      Last Updated 2020-10-22
      @abhishek987 any chance of a Xmas present this year? :giggle:
      No he is still the maintainer but is just busy with life I guess. Compiling and uploading also takes quite some time. So that's why I would wish to have a docker image for that so that either we rent a server and build weekly or everyone can build on their own.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone